Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Ganondorf's Breeding Log
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@trilonyte Ooo, neat. So one color is one half the wheel, while the other color is the other half.

And since all i have to do is look at the spreadsheet it's useable too!

Thank you!
@trilonyte Ooo, neat. So one color is one half the wheel, while the other color is the other half.

And since all i have to do is look at the spreadsheet it's useable too!

Thank you!
hTjYFxw.png
@Eyesofblue no problem, hope it helps!! I'm so glad I stumbled across it, it's been really useful :D
@Eyesofblue no problem, hope it helps!! I'm so glad I stumbled across it, it's been really useful :D
trilo
she/her
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52069869] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520699/52069869_350.png[/img] [/url] [i][b]Project Complete![/b][/i][/center] Betcha weren't expecting this one. On the topic of inactive wishes and the wishers maybe coming back, and the 2-3 dragons sitting in my den waiting for those wishers, she was actually one of them. And [i]how[/i] I discovered the wisher came back is somewhat amusing: I kept her parents, because boy howdy do dragons like this sell well, and I kept breeding them. One of their kids sold, and I take a look at where she's at now (because who doesn't like snooping around in their dragon's new home?) and say to myself, "...wait." Because her new owner is the original wisher. A quick message later, and we swapped dragons, as the one bought was not quite as perfect as the goal dragon up there, and now I get to say she finally went home! ----- Aaand I have a new project! Because I still have a ton of space. Well, [i]had[/i] a ton of space. Don't know what's going on with my lair right now, but it's getting a little cramped. My den is still very roomy, however. [quote] [columns] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=20&breed=11&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=12&winggene=25&wings=2&auth=06b068ff10a329190e4132c7e68e712a2db69974&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Silver Wasp/White Constellation/Ice Stained Ice, Lightning, or Water Female Nocturne Start date: September 15, 2019 [i]Status: 8 pairs acquired. All colours within 5 of the goal, amazing...[/i] [/columns] [/quote] I took this one over from another breeder who just wasn't active enough to reasonably complete it, and let me tell you, [i]I have never been overwhelmed with choices before.[/i] I knew the white range was over-bred, but oh man, for once, making 8 pairs was relatively [i]easy.[/i] And I am only starting with 8 pairs quite confidently, for every single dragon in this project is within 5 colours off of the goal. Of course, even a project like this will have that one catch. In this case, I was doing quite well making 8 unrelated pairs, up until the final one. I actually only had one good option for a partner to a dragon I wanted to use, and he was very closely related to another dragon in another pair I had already bought - her uncle, actually. So, they, and their offspring, will not be able to breed up until the final pairing. But that being the only issue to watch out for, I think this project would be quite a treat compared to some of the others I've been battling.

52069869_350.png

Project Complete!

Betcha weren't expecting this one. On the topic of inactive wishes and the wishers maybe coming back, and the 2-3 dragons sitting in my den waiting for those wishers, she was actually one of them.

And how I discovered the wisher came back is somewhat amusing: I kept her parents, because boy howdy do dragons like this sell well, and I kept breeding them. One of their kids sold, and I take a look at where she's at now (because who doesn't like snooping around in their dragon's new home?) and say to myself, "...wait." Because her new owner is the original wisher. A quick message later, and we swapped dragons, as the one bought was not quite as perfect as the goal dragon up there, and now I get to say she finally went home!

Aaand I have a new project! Because I still have a ton of space. Well, had a ton of space. Don't know what's going on with my lair right now, but it's getting a little cramped. My den is still very roomy, however.
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=20&breed=11&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=12&winggene=25&wings=2&auth=06b068ff10a329190e4132c7e68e712a2db69974&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Silver Wasp/White Constellation/Ice Stained Ice, Lightning, or Water Female Nocturne

Start date: September 15, 2019
Status: 8 pairs acquired. All colours within 5 of the goal, amazing...

I took this one over from another breeder who just wasn't active enough to reasonably complete it, and let me tell you, I have never been overwhelmed with choices before. I knew the white range was over-bred, but oh man, for once, making 8 pairs was relatively easy. And I am only starting with 8 pairs quite confidently, for every single dragon in this project is within 5 colours off of the goal.

Of course, even a project like this will have that one catch. In this case, I was doing quite well making 8 unrelated pairs, up until the final one. I actually only had one good option for a partner to a dragon I wanted to use, and he was very closely related to another dragon in another pair I had already bought - her uncle, actually. So, they, and their offspring, will not be able to breed up until the final pairing. But that being the only issue to watch out for, I think this project would be quite a treat compared to some of the others I've been battling.
l6nCFA8.png
[center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56507164] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/565072/56507164_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56527481] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/565275/56527481_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][i]Projects Complete![/i][/b][/center] Wow, has it been a month and a half since last I posted? [i]School, please.[/i] Ah well, it's what happens when life gets busy - I have still managed to get on regularly to keep up with all my projects, even if I hadn't found any time to set aside to talk about them. At the same time, though, I haven't had much to talk about. A few of my projects are being quite stubborn - they're down to 1 in 4 or 1 in 8 pairs and those pairs just aren't playing nice. But, after a month and a half of not much happening, I did manage to complete two wishes! The Spiral came nicely from her 1 in 8 chance parents on their first breeding, while the Mirror was a fluke baby - sort of. He's not quite bang on the mark for Coal/Sanguine/Beige, but this project was the one where the colours could be close to Coal and Sanguine, and Obsidian and Blood happened to be close enough! So that one's done, too! I've discovered that though I have enough [i]lair[/i] space, I perpetually do not have enough [i]nests[/i]. I've also run out of tabs to neatly shove each project into their own tab, and these two measures combined have prevented me from taking more projects, even if I have the lair space for them. That said, I did take another project shortly after the Silver/White/Ice one - the Spiral below. Not much to say about it so far other than it's coming along. Today, after freeing up a tab from the Coal/Sanguine/Beige project, I've decided to take another project, too. I haven't actually looked around for potential parents yet, so I have no idea how this Wildclaw will shape up. He's certainly unique, which might be troublesome. Interestingly, I have two projects in the blues/blues/yellows-oranges now, and I spy a third on on the Dragonwish wishlist. Still debating on taking that one, though, or maybe just sending good rejects from the other two to the nursery for a future breeder. [quote][columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=24&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=139&tertgene=16&winggene=25&wings=26&auth=a9113c29bd853d33cdb7566a2a998d2d9ebd94a0&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Abyss Starmap/Denim Constellation/Flaxen Lace Light Male Spiral Start date: September 20, 2019 [i]Status: Juggling genes is my favourite pastime.[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=136&bodygene=19&breed=10&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=12&tertgene=24&winggene=17&wings=99&auth=f761e45ce61eecc93a552ef40818672552a9314f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Cobalt Jaguar/Robin Alloy/Shadow Peacock Light Male Wildclaw Start date: November 8, 2019 [i]Status: Just started![/i] [/columns][/quote]

56507164_350.png

56527481_350.png

Projects Complete!

Wow, has it been a month and a half since last I posted? School, please. Ah well, it's what happens when life gets busy - I have still managed to get on regularly to keep up with all my projects, even if I hadn't found any time to set aside to talk about them.

At the same time, though, I haven't had much to talk about. A few of my projects are being quite stubborn - they're down to 1 in 4 or 1 in 8 pairs and those pairs just aren't playing nice. But, after a month and a half of not much happening, I did manage to complete two wishes! The Spiral came nicely from her 1 in 8 chance parents on their first breeding, while the Mirror was a fluke baby - sort of. He's not quite bang on the mark for Coal/Sanguine/Beige, but this project was the one where the colours could be close to Coal and Sanguine, and Obsidian and Blood happened to be close enough! So that one's done, too!

I've discovered that though I have enough lair space, I perpetually do not have enough nests. I've also run out of tabs to neatly shove each project into their own tab, and these two measures combined have prevented me from taking more projects, even if I have the lair space for them. That said, I did take another project shortly after the Silver/White/Ice one - the Spiral below. Not much to say about it so far other than it's coming along.

Today, after freeing up a tab from the Coal/Sanguine/Beige project, I've decided to take another project, too. I haven't actually looked around for potential parents yet, so I have no idea how this Wildclaw will shape up. He's certainly unique, which might be troublesome.

Interestingly, I have two projects in the blues/blues/yellows-oranges now, and I spy a third on on the Dragonwish wishlist. Still debating on taking that one, though, or maybe just sending good rejects from the other two to the nursery for a future breeder.
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=24&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=139&tertgene=16&winggene=25&wings=26&auth=a9113c29bd853d33cdb7566a2a998d2d9ebd94a0&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Abyss Starmap/Denim Constellation/Flaxen Lace Light Male Spiral

Start date: September 20, 2019
dragon?age=1&body=136&bodygene=19&breed=10&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=12&tertgene=24&winggene=17&wings=99&auth=f761e45ce61eecc93a552ef40818672552a9314f&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Cobalt Jaguar/Robin Alloy/Shadow Peacock Light Male Wildclaw

Start date: November 8, 2019
l6nCFA8.png
[center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58034894] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/580349/58034894_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57287106] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/572872/57287106_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57519110] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/575192/57519110_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][i]Projects complete![/i][/b][/center] Huzzah! Super pleased with how quickly the Sunset/Plum/Sanddollar dragon came, and with how easily I got all the right genes and effectively avoiding the need for purchasing any. Now to wait for the wisher to come back to pick her up, heh. As for the White/Sanguine/Swamp, it's been a long and somewhat painful journey, and though she has Butterfly, the wisher accepted her and I can finally say she is done. So what's with the Gaoler? A wisher placed a wish at the beginning of December 2019, making a note they'd like her for a Secret Santa present. Of course, knowing how breeding projects go and how long it can take just to get the wish assigned, this was going to take a Christmas miracle to happen. I decided, well, what the heck, I'll try and arrange a breeding for just the colours, and see if we get lucky. By chance, I found a good pair that was ready to breed and would have the nest hatch before the Secret Santa presents were due to be sent, and generously, both owners allowed me to breed them, with one of the owners being in Fire, the needed Flight. 5 days later, the 4-egg nest hatched with not one, not two, but 3 dragons of the right colours, making this, truly, a Christmas miracle. Suffice to say, that little Gaoler looks rather well-loved. ----- So, what about my other projects? I haven't been so lucky with the rest of them. The triple Aqua male Wildclaw continues to elude me. I have bred the parents, a 1 in 4 pair, 5 times now, for a total of 13 kids, and other than that primal in the first nest, nothing. The wisher and I decided to give that boy to the nester who really wanted him, as the eyes didn't work and it would have been a shame to give him a Vial of Tempered Sight. After all, it's a 1 in 4 pair, it would be easy to get another like him, right? Wrong. 5 breedings. 13 kids. Statistically, 25% of those kids, 3 of those kids, should be the boy we need. But no. We got one lucky boy, and seemingly, they refuse to repeat him. On the other end of luck, the Midnight/Spearmint/Spearmint project has been giving me some very unfunny nests. I have 1 Spiral currently in the project, and that's normally okay when the other dragons are 2 Skydancers and an Imperial. They're a higher rarity, and so the kids are more likely to be Spirals, right? Wrong again. Of that Spiral's 13 kids with one of the Skydancers, 7 are Skydancers. That's... a fair bit more than the 25% it should be. A few other projects are really fighting and trolling me as well. The dragons in the Lemon/Honeydew/Lemon project apparently despise Crystal and Facet. The Red/Blue/White has stagnated with unusable offspring, to the point where I've started having to stalk the Auction House for replacement parents for the worst offenders. The Silver/White/Ice has become a delicate balancing act of trying to get the right genes. It's not all bad, though. The Cobalt/Robin/Shadow seems to have replaced the Sunset/Plum/Banana for "project that likes to make conveniently perfect pairings" and is moving rather rapidly to generation 2. The Abyss/Denim/Flaxen, while still a bit off the goal, has hit a niche market of beautiful astral-themed dragons, so even if it's moving a little slowly, it's been enjoyable seeing what comes out of each nest. And the Grey/Oilslick/Obsidian, one of my new projects since I last posted, floored me with a surprise baby out of the second nest of the whole project, and promptly reminded me to get the right nests for parents with even a slim chance. ----- So, what about these new projects? [quote] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=41&breed=1&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=24&winggene=25&wings=28&auth=973e22f616f0cd10b4ae6eb8339e6e85125615b1&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Oilslick Slime or Jaguar/Caribbean Constellation/Robin Peacock Water Female Fae Start date: December 8, 2019 [i]Status: Is Jaguar/gem gene/Peacock a popular thing now?[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=24&winggene=11&wings=70&auth=1226572d613c0a4bf7625295a1cddd128e7b1560&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Grey Iridescent/Oilslick Peregrine/Obsidian Peacock Light Male Skydancer. Start date: December 15, 2019 [i]Status: Second nest of the project gave me a female Skydancer with exact colours and Iridescent. Nice.[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=18&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=128&tertgene=6&winggene=16&wings=167&auth=45b80056883c08ae9a5463dd1853d0094f389a3e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Gloom Savannah/Buttercup Spinner/Grapefruit Crackle Fire Coatl Start date: January 8, 2020 [i]Status: The scry definitely looks better than I was imagining just reading the text. 5/8 pairs acquired.[/i] [/columns] [/quote] I picked up the first two over the winter, and got them nicely set up. It's been nice "only" needing 8 pairs per wish to start, instead of the 16 that seems to be the new normal for Coatls and Wildclaws. As I mentioned, the second nest of the Grey/Oilslick/Obsidian project had a surprise in store for me: [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58350123] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583502/58350123_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This girl has the exact colours, the breed, and the gem gene needed for the wish, meaning I have one half of the final pairing already. In theory, I could eliminate 4 pairs of the first generation, though I'm going to breed what I have and play by ear with regards to getting her mate. As for that last wish, well, I was previously limiting the number of projects I can take by the availability of lair tabs in which to put them. Well... they released more lair tabs. So I guess I'm grabbing myself more projects, starting with the interesting-looking Coatl. Taking a cue from the Gaoler baby I managed to get so quickly through an arranged breeding, I noticed this wish stated that they'd be willing to buy scrolls, so I did some investigating, and tried to see if I could set up a breeding and fast-track the project. That fell through with only sub-par dragons available on the dragon search. As I've said before, I don't like asking for breedings unless the dragons have a very good chance of producing the goal, ideally, 1 in 4 at most. So I went and confirmed if Coatl was among the scrolls they'd be willing to buy, and the wisher said yes... and then I went ahead and got only Coatl/Wildclaw dragons anyway because I still felt bad about not trying to save them 2k gems. So... that's in progess. I'm definitely not going to sweat over the genes, though I did get an incidental Crackle. Funny how that happens, Crackle is considered less liked than Savannah or Spinner, and yet I found it rather than the other two. That's all for now! I do plan on picking up more projects to fill the extra tabs I now have, and hopefully I can improve my posting to more than just once every two months, lol.

58034894_350.png

57287106_350.png

57519110_350.png

Projects complete!

Huzzah! Super pleased with how quickly the Sunset/Plum/Sanddollar dragon came, and with how easily I got all the right genes and effectively avoiding the need for purchasing any. Now to wait for the wisher to come back to pick her up, heh. As for the White/Sanguine/Swamp, it's been a long and somewhat painful journey, and though she has Butterfly, the wisher accepted her and I can finally say she is done.

So what's with the Gaoler? A wisher placed a wish at the beginning of December 2019, making a note they'd like her for a Secret Santa present. Of course, knowing how breeding projects go and how long it can take just to get the wish assigned, this was going to take a Christmas miracle to happen. I decided, well, what the heck, I'll try and arrange a breeding for just the colours, and see if we get lucky. By chance, I found a good pair that was ready to breed and would have the nest hatch before the Secret Santa presents were due to be sent, and generously, both owners allowed me to breed them, with one of the owners being in Fire, the needed Flight.

5 days later, the 4-egg nest hatched with not one, not two, but 3 dragons of the right colours, making this, truly, a Christmas miracle. Suffice to say, that little Gaoler looks rather well-loved.

So, what about my other projects? I haven't been so lucky with the rest of them. The triple Aqua male Wildclaw continues to elude me. I have bred the parents, a 1 in 4 pair, 5 times now, for a total of 13 kids, and other than that primal in the first nest, nothing. The wisher and I decided to give that boy to the nester who really wanted him, as the eyes didn't work and it would have been a shame to give him a Vial of Tempered Sight. After all, it's a 1 in 4 pair, it would be easy to get another like him, right?

Wrong.

5 breedings. 13 kids. Statistically, 25% of those kids, 3 of those kids, should be the boy we need. But no. We got one lucky boy, and seemingly, they refuse to repeat him.

On the other end of luck, the Midnight/Spearmint/Spearmint project has been giving me some very unfunny nests. I have 1 Spiral currently in the project, and that's normally okay when the other dragons are 2 Skydancers and an Imperial. They're a higher rarity, and so the kids are more likely to be Spirals, right?

Wrong again.

Of that Spiral's 13 kids with one of the Skydancers, 7 are Skydancers. That's... a fair bit more than the 25% it should be.

A few other projects are really fighting and trolling me as well. The dragons in the Lemon/Honeydew/Lemon project apparently despise Crystal and Facet. The Red/Blue/White has stagnated with unusable offspring, to the point where I've started having to stalk the Auction House for replacement parents for the worst offenders. The Silver/White/Ice has become a delicate balancing act of trying to get the right genes.

It's not all bad, though. The Cobalt/Robin/Shadow seems to have replaced the Sunset/Plum/Banana for "project that likes to make conveniently perfect pairings" and is moving rather rapidly to generation 2. The Abyss/Denim/Flaxen, while still a bit off the goal, has hit a niche market of beautiful astral-themed dragons, so even if it's moving a little slowly, it's been enjoyable seeing what comes out of each nest. And the Grey/Oilslick/Obsidian, one of my new projects since I last posted, floored me with a surprise baby out of the second nest of the whole project, and promptly reminded me to get the right nests for parents with even a slim chance.

So, what about these new projects?
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=41&breed=1&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=24&winggene=25&wings=28&auth=973e22f616f0cd10b4ae6eb8339e6e85125615b1&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Oilslick Slime or Jaguar/Caribbean Constellation/Robin Peacock Water Female Fae

Start date: December 8, 2019
dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=24&winggene=11&wings=70&auth=1226572d613c0a4bf7625295a1cddd128e7b1560&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Grey Iridescent/Oilslick Peregrine/Obsidian Peacock Light Male Skydancer.

Start date: December 15, 2019
Status: Second nest of the project gave me a female Skydancer with exact colours and Iridescent. Nice.
dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=18&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=128&tertgene=6&winggene=16&wings=167&auth=45b80056883c08ae9a5463dd1853d0094f389a3e&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Gloom Savannah/Buttercup Spinner/Grapefruit Crackle Fire Coatl

Start date: January 8, 2020
Status: The scry definitely looks better than I was imagining just reading the text. 5/8 pairs acquired.
I picked up the first two over the winter, and got them nicely set up. It's been nice "only" needing 8 pairs per wish to start, instead of the 16 that seems to be the new normal for Coatls and Wildclaws.

As I mentioned, the second nest of the Grey/Oilslick/Obsidian project had a surprise in store for me: This girl has the exact colours, the breed, and the gem gene needed for the wish, meaning I have one half of the final pairing already. In theory, I could eliminate 4 pairs of the first generation, though I'm going to breed what I have and play by ear with regards to getting her mate.

As for that last wish, well, I was previously limiting the number of projects I can take by the availability of lair tabs in which to put them. Well... they released more lair tabs. So I guess I'm grabbing myself more projects, starting with the interesting-looking Coatl.

Taking a cue from the Gaoler baby I managed to get so quickly through an arranged breeding, I noticed this wish stated that they'd be willing to buy scrolls, so I did some investigating, and tried to see if I could set up a breeding and fast-track the project. That fell through with only sub-par dragons available on the dragon search. As I've said before, I don't like asking for breedings unless the dragons have a very good chance of producing the goal, ideally, 1 in 4 at most.

So I went and confirmed if Coatl was among the scrolls they'd be willing to buy, and the wisher said yes... and then I went ahead and got only Coatl/Wildclaw dragons anyway because I still felt bad about not trying to save them 2k gems. So... that's in progess. I'm definitely not going to sweat over the genes, though I did get an incidental Crackle. Funny how that happens, Crackle is considered less liked than Savannah or Spinner, and yet I found it rather than the other two.

That's all for now! I do plan on picking up more projects to fill the extra tabs I now have, and hopefully I can improve my posting to more than just once every two months, lol.
l6nCFA8.png
[center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59243753] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/592438/59243753_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59838283] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/598383/59838283_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][i]Projects complete![/i][/b] [/center] And so is school! I graduated from the certificate program I was taking, and with a certain virus flying around the world, I find myself in a state of uncertainty, as I should be looking for work right now, but also should be staying indoors as much as possible. That has led to me having quite a bit of extra time on my hands, and I finally get to sit down and catch up on all the things needing catching up. Like this! Truth be told, I've been utterly [i]itching[/i] to write, but was holding off for next Tuesday... I'll explain why in a bit. But first, let's discuss those dragons up there! The Wildclaw, oh... [i]that Wildclaw.[/i] That project really trolled me hard. The parents had a 1 in 4 chance, and as I vented on my fifth breeding, they were refusing to cooperate. The sixth breeding did finally get the wish dragon, a solid 6 months after the primal. Never confidently assure the wisher that the pair has a 1 in 4 chance, and therefore it'll be easy to get a repeat. [b][i]The universe will hear you and spite you for it.[/i][/b] The Spiral, though... well, I don't think anyone could say no to that Spiral. He was one colour off from the goal, and I figured, why not, I'll show him. Wisher took him, so that one is done. And he is gorgeous. On the flip side of the coin, one project has remained at the top of the list of my projects for a while now... that Guardian project. I thought it was my imagination that every single 2-egg nest seemed to be either all boys or all girls. Then I decided to investigate, tallying what each pair had given me. And... it wasn't just my imagination: [columns] [b]4 egg nests:[/b] (failures) FMMM MFMM [nextcol] [b] 3 egg nests:[/b] (failures) FFM MFF MFM x3 FMF x2 FMM MMF MMM x2 FFF [nextcol] [b]2 egg nests:[/b] (need male then female) MM x8 FF x6 [nextcol] [b]1 egg nests:[/b] (need male) F x2 [/columns] What in the name of the Gladekeeper's beard is this terrible luck? Argh! Other than them, not too much has happened since I have last posted. No new projects, and the projects I have, have sadly not made too much significant progress. I wanted to post sooner, but there was a series of events happening: Finals, then practicum, then graduation, then the battle between Fire and Nature, and, throughout, the reason why Tuesday is a... somewhat important day for me: The DWF check-in, where I send a bunch of messages to all the wishers and all the breeders, seeing how progress is going and making sure people still want their requests. The check-in period lasts for a month, I give a full month for everyone to reply, as I don't expect everyone to be on every single day, but at least once a month seems reasonable. That full month comes to completion on Monday, so on Tuesday, I figure out who hasn't replied, and go from there. Usually, one, maybe two breeders are among the inactive, and their projects need reassigning. I am usually the one who takes these projects on, hence why, even though I definitely have the lair space, I haven't taken any new projects recently. This time... well, I can't call it yet, it's not been the full month yet, but with 3 days left, and the majority of responses historically has been in the first 3 days with a few scattered through the rest of the month... I will say it's not looking good. So Tuesday's going to be a difficult day for me. I will almost certainly be picking up a few abandoned wishes. I mostly wanted to update today, so that I could then focus on talking about the new projects come Tuesday. So that's all I've got for now.

59243753_350.png

59838283_350.png

Projects complete!

And so is school! I graduated from the certificate program I was taking, and with a certain virus flying around the world, I find myself in a state of uncertainty, as I should be looking for work right now, but also should be staying indoors as much as possible.

That has led to me having quite a bit of extra time on my hands, and I finally get to sit down and catch up on all the things needing catching up. Like this! Truth be told, I've been utterly itching to write, but was holding off for next Tuesday... I'll explain why in a bit.

But first, let's discuss those dragons up there! The Wildclaw, oh... that Wildclaw. That project really trolled me hard. The parents had a 1 in 4 chance, and as I vented on my fifth breeding, they were refusing to cooperate. The sixth breeding did finally get the wish dragon, a solid 6 months after the primal. Never confidently assure the wisher that the pair has a 1 in 4 chance, and therefore it'll be easy to get a repeat. The universe will hear you and spite you for it.

The Spiral, though... well, I don't think anyone could say no to that Spiral. He was one colour off from the goal, and I figured, why not, I'll show him. Wisher took him, so that one is done. And he is gorgeous.

On the flip side of the coin, one project has remained at the top of the list of my projects for a while now... that Guardian project. I thought it was my imagination that every single 2-egg nest seemed to be either all boys or all girls. Then I decided to investigate, tallying what each pair had given me. And... it wasn't just my imagination:
4 egg nests: (failures)
FMMM
MFMM
3 egg nests: (failures)
FFM
MFF
MFM x3
FMF x2
FMM
MMF
MMM x2
FFF
2 egg nests: (need male then female)
MM x8
FF x6
1 egg nests: (need male)
F x2

What in the name of the Gladekeeper's beard is this terrible luck? Argh!

Other than them, not too much has happened since I have last posted. No new projects, and the projects I have, have sadly not made too much significant progress. I wanted to post sooner, but there was a series of events happening: Finals, then practicum, then graduation, then the battle between Fire and Nature, and, throughout, the reason why Tuesday is a... somewhat important day for me: The DWF check-in, where I send a bunch of messages to all the wishers and all the breeders, seeing how progress is going and making sure people still want their requests.

The check-in period lasts for a month, I give a full month for everyone to reply, as I don't expect everyone to be on every single day, but at least once a month seems reasonable. That full month comes to completion on Monday, so on Tuesday, I figure out who hasn't replied, and go from there. Usually, one, maybe two breeders are among the inactive, and their projects need reassigning. I am usually the one who takes these projects on, hence why, even though I definitely have the lair space, I haven't taken any new projects recently.

This time... well, I can't call it yet, it's not been the full month yet, but with 3 days left, and the majority of responses historically has been in the first 3 days with a few scattered through the rest of the month... I will say it's not looking good.

So Tuesday's going to be a difficult day for me. I will almost certainly be picking up a few abandoned wishes. I mostly wanted to update today, so that I could then focus on talking about the new projects come Tuesday.

So that's all I've got for now.
l6nCFA8.png
[center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60191663] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/601917/60191663_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][i]Project Complete![/i][/b][/center] Aaaye! Zac has arrived! I got a nice 1 in 6 pair finally, and they produced the goal baby on their first nest! A certain triple Aqua Wildclaw pair should take notes from his parents. That means that in addition to the DWF projects I've taken on, I also get to start another personal project. Even though I already have some dragons stored up for Azir, [i]that's[/i] going to be a complicated project, due to my wanting him to be a related ancestor to my Sivir dragon, aaaand I am limiting myself to one complicated personal project at a time, and Garen and Lux [i]still[/i] have that slot. So I have gone with a much simpler project. A veeeery simple project. Orianna. [quote][columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=20&breed=13&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=103&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=45&auth=b707d458990f59e3ccf4176597a23711b15ac7bc&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]Personal Project:[/b] Silver Wasp/Gold Alloy/Any Basic Lightning or Ice female Skydancer. Start date: March 26, 2020 [i]Status: I bought an unnecessary pair...[/i] [/columns][/quote] There was a Pearlcatcher alternative option, due to that pearl being perfect for her ball. It was a serious toss-up between the two, and I have deliberated for literal months over it, to come to the conclusion that both options are great. Pearlcatcher's got the pearl, but the Skydancer can't be beat for elegance. [outfit=729660][outfit=864879] In the end, elegance won, mostly because having a basic tertiary also makes things much easier for [i]acquiring[/i] her. I've been trying to utilize requested breedings more often, and out of habit, the first thing I did was go to the Auction House and see what's available. I bought a pair... then I thought to check the dragon search. And boy did I make a find. It's my friend's dragon, that she hatched from a breeding project I've been helping her with. Silver Wasp, Gold Alloy, one of two on the site with a breed rarity that would work. The only one active. ...I then quickly scanned the AH for a Silver/Gold gem gene dragon, and lucked out on a Skydancer boy. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59802637][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/598027/59802637.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60185549][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601856/60185549.png[/img][/url][/center] I... feel pretty silly for the now-redundant pair I bought. I'm still going to breed them, on the off-chance they can get the genes that the Skydancer boy doesn't have, but even without the genes, he and my friend's Wildclaw have a total of 1 in 8 for odds. ----- So, how did Tuesday unfold? Obviously, I do not name names or hold a grudge - coming and going is a natural part of any video game's player base, and the Dragonwish Foundation just happened to be particularly unlucky this past check-in. But the end result was that 10 wishes needed to be urgently reassigned. The grand total was 13, but 1 was a House wish, and therefore didn't matter, and 2 were found to be non-urgent. (They were newer than the oldest unassigned wish. It wouldn't be fair to the oldest unassigned wish to mark a newer wish as urgent.) The team of breeders really turned up and helped, and I am very grateful to all of them. For one wish, a breeder actually found a dragon on the AH that would just need a scroll or two, and it was instantly granted. Other breeders took 5 urgent wishes, leaving me with 4 urgent wishes, which I have been able to take on. Let's take a look: [quote][columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=17&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=41&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=41&auth=64938e04e3562b84e52e371c2aea4e67bbea4c0e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Midnight Metallic/Goldenrod Alloy/Goldenrod Filigree Lightning, Water, Light, Plague or Fire Wildclaw. Start date: January 23, 2020 [i]Status: Arranging breedings. I hope they work out.[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=141&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=141&tertgene=24&winggene=16&wings=141&auth=162e3589339ef24cdda172c994a883419bc1c293&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Thicket Skink/Thicket Spinner/Thicket Peacock Plague male Wildclaw. Start date: March 24, 2020 [i]Status: Looking for an unrelated male for [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60000174]her[/url].[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=5&winggene=16&wings=43&auth=5b3165c65d21aaef31f516933222609d81d96d8c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Mulberry Skink/Banana Spinner/Cream Underbelly Light female Wildclaw. Start date: March 24, 2020 [i]Status: 6/8 pairs acquired.[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=103&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=162&auth=bc9831ab144bf493c6e815bda3a9af9fccbec54b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Oilslick Python/Dirt Noxtide (or any)/Amber Capsule (or any) Fire or Light female Fae (or any). Start date: March 24, 2020 [i]Status: May be doable with just requested breedings.[/i] [/columns][/quote] The Midnight/Goldenrod/Goldenrod, I was actually sent all the dragons in the project by the previous breeder, and, oh dear, they were a bit of a tangled mess. Mapping their family tree nearly broke me, but I did it, and discovered that the options for this project amounted to "not much". Regardless, I've managed to make do, I've got 1 requested breeding on a nest, and 2 more to go, depending on results. It's a very precarious project that's going to need precisely the right kids from the right parents, in ideally as few breedings as possible since these are requests, so I'm gonna need to somehow appease the RNG gods for this one. Triple Thicket... hmm, definitely having flashbacks to the triple Aqua. A triple Wildclaw inherited from another breeder? Hmmmm... Because this one is so old, and in the interest of speeding along breedings, I am definitely not being too fussed about genes, as the wisher has stated they're okay with buying. Well, I'm taking their word for it. So all I need is a partner for this girl. I'm just waiting while she's got a breeding cooldown for a male to show up on the AH that's unrelated to her and also not crazy expensive. Unfortunately, our Triples library already loaned out our triple Thicket to the previous breeder, who, being inactive, has obviously not been on to return it. So my girl is the replacement, I guess. If she comes off breeding cooldown and I have not yet found a mate, then I will try arranging a breeding for her. Arranging breedings is definitely not something that I could do for the Mulberry/Banana/Cream Wildclaw, and I'm not particularly surprised. "XYZ gem breed doesn't have many options" is something I've very familiar with. However, like with the triple Thicket, I'm not being too picky about genes, as the wishlist [i]really[/i] needs to be cleared out, expenses be darned. We actually have Skink and Spinner scrolls in stock, and as predicted, even without trying, I've managed to get Underbelly into the project (yay, a popular gene!) So mostly just going for Wildclaw with the right colours, I'm actually sticking to just an 8-pair start for this project. I've acquired 6/8 pairs, and waiting for the AH to replenish with dragons in the colour range for the last two. Lastly, the Fae. This one, I really went all out with the dragon search. With Python being the only trait necessary, and the Dragonwish Foundation having plenty of Python in stock, all I'm looking for is the colours. I've got an ideal pair I'd like to arrange a breeding with, a back-up plan for both partners, (already got one partner), and a back-up plan to breed their kids to. I'm just going to hope that RNG doesn't troll me too hard. And... that's that. It really doesn't feel like much, to be honest. I've gotten 5 new projects to work on, and only one has needed a full pyramid breeding plan, and even then, it's only 8 starter pairs, rather than 16. Even though I'm up to 18 total projects now, 11 of them only have 3 or fewer pairs. I actually ran out of characters for my Small Project tab description, and have been leaving smaller projects in their own tabs. I daresay, I feel like taking on another project or two.

60191663_350.png

Project Complete!

Aaaye! Zac has arrived! I got a nice 1 in 6 pair finally, and they produced the goal baby on their first nest! A certain triple Aqua Wildclaw pair should take notes from his parents. That means that in addition to the DWF projects I've taken on, I also get to start another personal project. Even though I already have some dragons stored up for Azir, that's going to be a complicated project, due to my wanting him to be a related ancestor to my Sivir dragon, aaaand I am limiting myself to one complicated personal project at a time, and Garen and Lux still have that slot. So I have gone with a much simpler project. A veeeery simple project. Orianna.
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=20&breed=13&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=103&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=45&auth=b707d458990f59e3ccf4176597a23711b15ac7bc&dummyext=prev.png Personal Project:
Silver Wasp/Gold Alloy/Any Basic Lightning or Ice female Skydancer.

Start date: March 26, 2020
There was a Pearlcatcher alternative option, due to that pearl being perfect for her ball. It was a serious toss-up between the two, and I have deliberated for literal months over it, to come to the conclusion that both options are great. Pearlcatcher's got the pearl, but the Skydancer can't be beat for elegance.
Hanauma
Not Found

In the end, elegance won, mostly because having a basic tertiary also makes things much easier for acquiring her.

I've been trying to utilize requested breedings more often, and out of habit, the first thing I did was go to the Auction House and see what's available. I bought a pair... then I thought to check the dragon search. And boy did I make a find. It's my friend's dragon, that she hatched from a breeding project I've been helping her with. Silver Wasp, Gold Alloy, one of two on the site with a breed rarity that would work. The only one active.
...I then quickly scanned the AH for a Silver/Gold gem gene dragon, and lucked out on a Skydancer boy.
59802637.png60185549.png
I... feel pretty silly for the now-redundant pair I bought. I'm still going to breed them, on the off-chance they can get the genes that the Skydancer boy doesn't have, but even without the genes, he and my friend's Wildclaw have a total of 1 in 8 for odds.

So, how did Tuesday unfold?

Obviously, I do not name names or hold a grudge - coming and going is a natural part of any video game's player base, and the Dragonwish Foundation just happened to be particularly unlucky this past check-in. But the end result was that 10 wishes needed to be urgently reassigned. The grand total was 13, but 1 was a House wish, and therefore didn't matter, and 2 were found to be non-urgent. (They were newer than the oldest unassigned wish. It wouldn't be fair to the oldest unassigned wish to mark a newer wish as urgent.)

The team of breeders really turned up and helped, and I am very grateful to all of them. For one wish, a breeder actually found a dragon on the AH that would just need a scroll or two, and it was instantly granted. Other breeders took 5 urgent wishes, leaving me with 4 urgent wishes, which I have been able to take on. Let's take a look:
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=17&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=41&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=41&auth=64938e04e3562b84e52e371c2aea4e67bbea4c0e&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Midnight Metallic/Goldenrod Alloy/Goldenrod Filigree Lightning, Water, Light, Plague or Fire Wildclaw.

Start date: January 23, 2020
dragon?age=1&body=141&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=141&tertgene=24&winggene=16&wings=141&auth=162e3589339ef24cdda172c994a883419bc1c293&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Thicket Skink/Thicket Spinner/Thicket Peacock Plague male Wildclaw.

Start date: March 24, 2020
dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=5&winggene=16&wings=43&auth=5b3165c65d21aaef31f516933222609d81d96d8c&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Mulberry Skink/Banana Spinner/Cream Underbelly Light female Wildclaw.

dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=103&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=162&auth=bc9831ab144bf493c6e815bda3a9af9fccbec54b&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Oilslick Python/Dirt Noxtide (or any)/Amber Capsule (or any) Fire or Light female Fae (or any).

The Midnight/Goldenrod/Goldenrod, I was actually sent all the dragons in the project by the previous breeder, and, oh dear, they were a bit of a tangled mess. Mapping their family tree nearly broke me, but I did it, and discovered that the options for this project amounted to "not much". Regardless, I've managed to make do, I've got 1 requested breeding on a nest, and 2 more to go, depending on results. It's a very precarious project that's going to need precisely the right kids from the right parents, in ideally as few breedings as possible since these are requests, so I'm gonna need to somehow appease the RNG gods for this one.

Triple Thicket... hmm, definitely having flashbacks to the triple Aqua. A triple Wildclaw inherited from another breeder? Hmmmm... Because this one is so old, and in the interest of speeding along breedings, I am definitely not being too fussed about genes, as the wisher has stated they're okay with buying. Well, I'm taking their word for it. So all I need is a partner for this girl. I'm just waiting while she's got a breeding cooldown for a male to show up on the AH that's unrelated to her and also not crazy expensive.

Unfortunately, our Triples library already loaned out our triple Thicket to the previous breeder, who, being inactive, has obviously not been on to return it. So my girl is the replacement, I guess. If she comes off breeding cooldown and I have not yet found a mate, then I will try arranging a breeding for her.

Arranging breedings is definitely not something that I could do for the Mulberry/Banana/Cream Wildclaw, and I'm not particularly surprised. "XYZ gem breed doesn't have many options" is something I've very familiar with. However, like with the triple Thicket, I'm not being too picky about genes, as the wishlist really needs to be cleared out, expenses be darned. We actually have Skink and Spinner scrolls in stock, and as predicted, even without trying, I've managed to get Underbelly into the project (yay, a popular gene!) So mostly just going for Wildclaw with the right colours, I'm actually sticking to just an 8-pair start for this project. I've acquired 6/8 pairs, and waiting for the AH to replenish with dragons in the colour range for the last two.

Lastly, the Fae. This one, I really went all out with the dragon search. With Python being the only trait necessary, and the Dragonwish Foundation having plenty of Python in stock, all I'm looking for is the colours. I've got an ideal pair I'd like to arrange a breeding with, a back-up plan for both partners, (already got one partner), and a back-up plan to breed their kids to. I'm just going to hope that RNG doesn't troll me too hard.

And... that's that. It really doesn't feel like much, to be honest. I've gotten 5 new projects to work on, and only one has needed a full pyramid breeding plan, and even then, it's only 8 starter pairs, rather than 16. Even though I'm up to 18 total projects now, 11 of them only have 3 or fewer pairs. I actually ran out of characters for my Small Project tab description, and have been leaving smaller projects in their own tabs.

I daresay, I feel like taking on another project or two.
l6nCFA8.png
I did it, I took two more wishes to work on. I specify, [i]wishes[/i], because that currently amounts to just one more project, as one of them appears to be currently MIA. I won't take any more projects for now, just in case they do come back and I find myself scrambling to make room - better to count on having the space instead. Though... I must say, I still have 50+ lair spaces and 170+ den spaces... Anyways, onto the new project, for the active wisher! @Trilonyte has asked to be kept updated, so let me know if this is a suitable format. ^_^ [quote] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=149&bodygene=16&breed=8&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=16&winggene=10&wings=2&auth=de614edf5a76993ebec50261bbc9040ad2626c7a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Turquoise Falcon/White Paint/Black Lace Nature female Imperial. Start date: March 28, 2020 [i]Status: 8 pairs acquired![/i] [/columns] [/quote] I took one look at the dragon search and went "...nah". I don't really like using requested breedings if they aren't particularly close, especially if Imperials are involved, so I stuck to the AH. Another old habit that dies hard is my instinct to go for genes, and in all 8 pairs that I picked up, each of the needed gene is represented at least once. I know I've been trying my hardest to make myself do breeding projects [i]faster[/i], especially if genes can be purchased, but I just couldn't help myself when I saw that I had the genes within the colour ranges available. That being said, I will definitely be prioritizing colours over genes, but if I play my cards right, the end dragon could wind up with the right genes. And now... I sit and twiddle my thumbs waiting for cooldowns, while resisting the urge to pick up [i]another[/i] project. Get that official 20 projects thing going on. I may have the lair space, but I definitely don't have the nest space. I did buy a 7th pair for the Mulberry/Banana/Cream project, but it was still slim pickings on the AH, so I will have to continue to wait for more dragons to reappear. My requested breedings for the Midnight/Goldenrod/Goldenrod and the Oilslick/Dirt/Amber have gone... better than I was expecting. A few snags, but nothing without a solution and a back-up plan.
I did it, I took two more wishes to work on. I specify, wishes, because that currently amounts to just one more project, as one of them appears to be currently MIA. I won't take any more projects for now, just in case they do come back and I find myself scrambling to make room - better to count on having the space instead. Though... I must say, I still have 50+ lair spaces and 170+ den spaces...

Anyways, onto the new project, for the active wisher! @Trilonyte has asked to be kept updated, so let me know if this is a suitable format. ^_^
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=149&bodygene=16&breed=8&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=16&winggene=10&wings=2&auth=de614edf5a76993ebec50261bbc9040ad2626c7a&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Turquoise Falcon/White Paint/Black Lace Nature female Imperial.

Start date: March 28, 2020

I took one look at the dragon search and went "...nah". I don't really like using requested breedings if they aren't particularly close, especially if Imperials are involved, so I stuck to the AH. Another old habit that dies hard is my instinct to go for genes, and in all 8 pairs that I picked up, each of the needed gene is represented at least once.

I know I've been trying my hardest to make myself do breeding projects faster, especially if genes can be purchased, but I just couldn't help myself when I saw that I had the genes within the colour ranges available. That being said, I will definitely be prioritizing colours over genes, but if I play my cards right, the end dragon could wind up with the right genes.

And now... I sit and twiddle my thumbs waiting for cooldowns, while resisting the urge to pick up another project. Get that official 20 projects thing going on. I may have the lair space, but I definitely don't have the nest space.

I did buy a 7th pair for the Mulberry/Banana/Cream project, but it was still slim pickings on the AH, so I will have to continue to wait for more dragons to reappear. My requested breedings for the Midnight/Goldenrod/Goldenrod and the Oilslick/Dirt/Amber have gone... better than I was expecting. A few snags, but nothing without a solution and a back-up plan.
l6nCFA8.png
@Ganondorf Thank you so much!! This is great - I'll follow the thread so I can see updates. <3
@Ganondorf Thank you so much!! This is great - I'll follow the thread so I can see updates. <3
trilo
she/her
Oh boy, [i]oh boy[/i], I am [i]so[/i] glad I didn't start another project. Because [i]this[/i] one is a doozy. The wisher got back to me, so I got started on the second wish I had claimed. I am now, officially, at 20 projects going at once. [quote][columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=62&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=24&winggene=1&wings=43&auth=bfca7b9e5319cbf59782e696c4cf40f02db0db78&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Red Wasp/Banana Shimmer/Amethyst Peacock Light female Wildclaw. Start date: March 31, 2020 [i]Status: Never thought I'd say "I'm not sure if 16 pairs to start with will be enough."[/i] [/columns][/quote] Tertiary gene aside, this has all the signs of being difficult, and it lived up to the signs. When I was searching the auction house for 20 colours off the goals on either side, and found... a blank auction house, devoid of any dragons within the specifications, I was quite speechless. A difficult project will likely have very few, if any dragons at 10 colours out, but usually at least a couple pages at 20 colours. To see nothing... definitely made me worried. Instead of a couple listings at 10 colours out, like a [i]normal[/i] difficult project, this one had a couple listings at 30 colours out - the "oh man this is really far off" range. 7 pages of listings at 40 colours out. I regularly had to go to 50 colours out just to find partners for the dragons listed. The end result has been 16 pairs with some truly terrifying colour ranges, and the tab the dragons are in has been described as a fodder tab. It's an apt description, though they aren't fodder yet. And this is the first time where I've wondered if 16 pairs is going to give me enough generations to narrow the colours sufficiently. It was at this point that I realized, and have been able to quantify what ranges I [i]want[/i] a particular generation to have, which has been something I have been meaning to update my breeding guide with information for. When I first wrote the guide, despite my best efforts to explain how I conduct breeding projects, there were still some things that I used intuition for and didn't have enough data to quantify that intuition. With having a lot of time on my hands currently, and more data as I do more projects, I think it's time I give my breeding guide a much-needed update. There is one saving grace for this project: Near-misses are acceptable. It might not seem like much, but, it effectively gives me a range of acceptable colours, and ranges are much easier to hit than precise colours. So maybe this project won't be too much more terrible. ----- Not much to say about the rest of my projects at this point. Managed to create some closer pairings for some, with others continuing to troll me. Case in point, I had 5 pairs of the Guardians go onto a nest. 2 weggs (Yay - and that's a genuine yay, this project [i]prefers[/i] weggs.), a 2-egg nest, and 2 3-egg nests. The 2-egg nest contained 2 boys, because of course it did. Can't have mixed sexes in 2-egg nests, apparently. One of the weggs is a boy, so we'll see if I get insanely lucky in two weeks. (I probably won't.) The Lemon/Honeydew/Lemon project specifically continues to be a pile of jerks, fighting me tooth and nail. At least they're pretty jerks. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60503398] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/605034/60503398.png[/img] [/url][/center]
Oh boy, oh boy, I am so glad I didn't start another project. Because this one is a doozy. The wisher got back to me, so I got started on the second wish I had claimed. I am now, officially, at 20 projects going at once.
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=62&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=24&winggene=1&wings=43&auth=bfca7b9e5319cbf59782e696c4cf40f02db0db78&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Red Wasp/Banana Shimmer/Amethyst Peacock Light female Wildclaw.

Start date: March 31, 2020
Status: Never thought I'd say "I'm not sure if 16 pairs to start with will be enough."
Tertiary gene aside, this has all the signs of being difficult, and it lived up to the signs. When I was searching the auction house for 20 colours off the goals on either side, and found... a blank auction house, devoid of any dragons within the specifications, I was quite speechless. A difficult project will likely have very few, if any dragons at 10 colours out, but usually at least a couple pages at 20 colours. To see nothing... definitely made me worried.

Instead of a couple listings at 10 colours out, like a normal difficult project, this one had a couple listings at 30 colours out - the "oh man this is really far off" range. 7 pages of listings at 40 colours out. I regularly had to go to 50 colours out just to find partners for the dragons listed.

The end result has been 16 pairs with some truly terrifying colour ranges, and the tab the dragons are in has been described as a fodder tab. It's an apt description, though they aren't fodder yet. And this is the first time where I've wondered if 16 pairs is going to give me enough generations to narrow the colours sufficiently.

It was at this point that I realized, and have been able to quantify what ranges I want a particular generation to have, which has been something I have been meaning to update my breeding guide with information for. When I first wrote the guide, despite my best efforts to explain how I conduct breeding projects, there were still some things that I used intuition for and didn't have enough data to quantify that intuition. With having a lot of time on my hands currently, and more data as I do more projects, I think it's time I give my breeding guide a much-needed update.

There is one saving grace for this project: Near-misses are acceptable. It might not seem like much, but, it effectively gives me a range of acceptable colours, and ranges are much easier to hit than precise colours. So maybe this project won't be too much more terrible.

Not much to say about the rest of my projects at this point. Managed to create some closer pairings for some, with others continuing to troll me. Case in point, I had 5 pairs of the Guardians go onto a nest. 2 weggs (Yay - and that's a genuine yay, this project prefers weggs.), a 2-egg nest, and 2 3-egg nests. The 2-egg nest contained 2 boys, because of course it did. Can't have mixed sexes in 2-egg nests, apparently. One of the weggs is a boy, so we'll see if I get insanely lucky in two weeks. (I probably won't.)

The Lemon/Honeydew/Lemon project specifically continues to be a pile of jerks, fighting me tooth and nail. At least they're pretty jerks.
l6nCFA8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15