Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Dress Up Contest (Closed)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
Daily prompt: When I was in 7th grade, we all went on an class trip. We traveled to rural area where we were matched up with kids from the area and stayed overnight with their families. I was [s]mis[/s]fortunate enough to stay on a pig farm! It was actually quite fascinating. They had such a large family with many children, and each child (even the youngest) had their specific chores to care for the animals. Coming from a very small family, this was quite an experience for me. They took me on a tour (through knee-deep mud) to see all of the animals and how everything was run. It only took a week of showers and several times through the laundry to leave the pigs behind. [img]https://www.reviewjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/PigFarm.jpg[/img] In college, I dated someone whose family raised turkeys, ducks, and chickens. When I visited, there was a big rain storm. To protect the baby turkeys, they brought them all inside and kept them in the bathtub! There's nothing quite like getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and being greeted by a (loud) bathtub full of little turkeys!! [img]https://www.upc-online.org/winter07/images/EBAAFreeRangePoults.jpg[/img]
Daily prompt:
When I was in 7th grade, we all went on an class trip. We traveled to rural area where we were matched up with kids from the area and stayed overnight with their families. I was misfortunate enough to stay on a pig farm! It was actually quite fascinating. They had such a large family with many children, and each child (even the youngest) had their specific chores to care for the animals. Coming from a very small family, this was quite an experience for me. They took me on a tour (through knee-deep mud) to see all of the animals and how everything was run. It only took a week of showers and several times through the laundry to leave the pigs behind.
PigFarm.jpg

In college, I dated someone whose family raised turkeys, ducks, and chickens. When I visited, there was a big rain storm. To protect the baby turkeys, they brought them all inside and kept them in the bathtub! There's nothing quite like getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and being greeted by a (loud) bathtub full of little turkeys!!
EBAAFreeRangePoults.jpg
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
Submitting all entries at once! Does somebody get the references? [emoji=tundra confused size=1] Username: tranquilitea Category: Farmer Fashionista Link to Dragon: [outfit=806362][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=29451&apparel=9452,1709,28380,15313,24736,6031,6027,25525,25347&xt=dressing.png[/img] Lore or other information (optional): ----- Username: tranquilitea Category: Date Night! Link to Dragon: [outfit=806764][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=9&gender=0&skin=17864&apparel=20843,30036,28409,30042,30069,30043,30070,19451,9617,20610&xt=dressing.png[/img] Lore or other information (optional): ----- Username: tranquilitea Category: Inspired by flora and fauna Link to Dragon: [outfit=806785][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=29946&apparel=2316,1750,2957,29001,2562,24736&xt=dressing.png[/img] Lore or other information (optional): ----- Username: tranquilitea Category: Fashion for all seasons Link to Dragon: [outfit=806842][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=7508&apparel=7684,15303,15302,24721,29235,10660,25620&xt=dressing.png[/img] Lore or other information (optional): ----- Username: tranquilitea Category: When the farmer gets fancy Link to Dragon: [outfit=806791][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=29125&apparel=590,26941,26138,24053,24048,24052,21270&xt=dressing.png[/img] Lore or other information (optional):
Submitting all entries at once!
Does somebody get the references?

Username: tranquilitea

Category: Farmer Fashionista

Link to Dragon:
Good Company
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=29451&apparel=9452,1709,28380,15313,24736,6031,6027,25525,25347&xt=dressing.png

Lore or other information (optional):

Category: Date Night!

Link to Dragon:
Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
dummy?breed=9&gender=0&skin=17864&apparel=20843,30036,28409,30042,30069,30043,30070,19451,9617,20610&xt=dressing.png

Category: Inspired by flora and fauna

Link to Dragon:
Seven Seas of Rye
dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=29946&apparel=2316,1750,2957,29001,2562,24736&xt=dressing.png

Category: Fashion for all seasons

Link to Dragon:
Stone Cold Crazy
dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=7508&apparel=7684,15303,15302,24721,29235,10660,25620&xt=dressing.png

Category: When the farmer gets fancy

Link to Dragon:
Dreamer's Ball
dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=29125&apparel=590,26941,26138,24053,24048,24052,21270&xt=dressing.png

Home is behind, the world ahead,
and there are many paths to tread
through shadows to the edge of night,
until the stars are all alight
@onemessyperson [b]Username:[/b] MandragoraAutumn [b]Category:[/b] Farmer Fashionista [b]Link to Dragon:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50579294] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/505793/50579294_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lore or other information:[/b] Niria is a farmer dragon from Nature, currently being visited by her friend Willa - a dragon from Lightning in need of a vacation! (How couldn't I use her...? ;v;) Would I have a slot more, she'd have Summer Swelter additionally - but aside that, I think keeping it a bit practical suits her well c: ----- When I was very young, I lived together with my parents in the woods, in some kinda farmhouse. We only had 2 neighboring families, a couple in another house down the "street" and a young family like us in the floor above. They had a son one year older than me who was my best (and only, since I didn't want to go to kindergarten yet) friend. Unless our dog, of course! There were a lot of horses, one was my mother's. His name was Fiasko & my mom keeps saying that he [i]was[/i] a true fiasco. I only have good memories (though very spongy, because we moved away when I was 4) & I think my parents on the one hand loved it as well, but since it was a few kilometres til the next village, my mom felt too secluded after some years & we moved away. It was just a farmyard actually & I've been to 'real' farms too, but that's what naturally comes to my mind first. Hope it's ok!
@onemessyperson

Username: MandragoraAutumn

Link to Dragon:

50579294_350.png

Lore or other information:
Niria is a farmer dragon from Nature, currently being visited by her friend Willa - a dragon from Lightning in need of a vacation!
(How couldn't I use her...? ;v;)
Would I have a slot more, she'd have Summer Swelter additionally - but aside that, I think keeping it a bit practical suits her well c:

When I was very young, I lived together with my parents in the woods, in some kinda farmhouse.
We only had 2 neighboring families, a couple in another house down the "street" and a young family like us in the floor above. They had a son one year older than me who was my best (and only, since I didn't want to go to kindergarten yet) friend. Unless our dog, of course!
There were a lot of horses, one was my mother's. His name was Fiasko & my mom keeps saying that he was a true fiasco.
I only have good memories (though very spongy, because we moved away when I was 4) & I think my parents on the one hand loved it as well, but since it was a few kilometres til the next village, my mom felt too secluded after some years & we moved away.

It was just a farmyard actually & I've been to 'real' farms too, but that's what naturally comes to my mind first. Hope it's ok!
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
I've had an opportunity to visit lakes that serve as a fish farm. One of best carps in my country. Those lakes are a tourist attraction, not really because of carps, but because it's a breeding ground for many species of water birds. I was there on a school trip, in spring, still cold. A serene place.
I've had an opportunity to visit lakes that serve as a fish farm. One of best carps in my country. Those lakes are a tourist attraction, not really because of carps, but because it's a breeding ground for many species of water birds. I was there on a school trip, in spring, still cold. A serene place.
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
Will get an outfit up in a bit...for now...

Daily Prompt:

The only times I can remember going to a farm was for (A) Halloween Corn Maizes Mazes, and (B) A pick-your-own pumpkin thing. With the pumpkin trip, I remember they were firing off other pumpkins into a field with a catapult. XD That's about all I remember.

Also, not really a farm, but...my parents have a pretty large backyard, and I have recently been to visit them there, where my mom somehow got me to help her with the weeding. XD (It wasn't really her doing...I just happened to find a particular type of unwanted plant that I have a personal vendetta against, and just HAD to pull them up (wild Morning Glory/Field Bindweed--the flowers may look pretty, but the plants are insideous and choke out other plants that are SUPPOSED to be there with their vines that wind around everything >:( They even came into the house one time when I was a teenager through a heating vent!)) Anyway, it's kinda overgrown, but there is a grape vine (though I'm not sure it's alive anymore?), some raspberry and strawberry plants, a cherry tree and a pear tree (the pear tree was being eatten by catapillars something awful when I was there...I was surprised it was alive with how many leaves were eaten down to the stems. :( I've never seen it like that before! It seemed fine last summer...), and lots of flowers.
Will get an outfit up in a bit...for now...

Daily Prompt:

The only times I can remember going to a farm was for (A) Halloween Corn Maizes Mazes, and (B) A pick-your-own pumpkin thing. With the pumpkin trip, I remember they were firing off other pumpkins into a field with a catapult. XD That's about all I remember.

Also, not really a farm, but...my parents have a pretty large backyard, and I have recently been to visit them there, where my mom somehow got me to help her with the weeding. XD (It wasn't really her doing...I just happened to find a particular type of unwanted plant that I have a personal vendetta against, and just HAD to pull them up (wild Morning Glory/Field Bindweed--the flowers may look pretty, but the plants are insideous and choke out other plants that are SUPPOSED to be there with their vines that wind around everything >:( They even came into the house one time when I was a teenager through a heating vent!)) Anyway, it's kinda overgrown, but there is a grape vine (though I'm not sure it's alive anymore?), some raspberry and strawberry plants, a cherry tree and a pear tree (the pear tree was being eatten by catapillars something awful when I was there...I was surprised it was alive with how many leaves were eaten down to the stems. :( I've never seen it like that before! It seemed fine last summer...), and lots of flowers.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@onemessyperson

Username: Fletcher

Link to Dragon:
Not Found

Lore or other information (optional): The dragon, Aurora, is my clan's herbalist! Having done a share of work on an herb farm I know it can still be rough work, so I gave her some extra protection with boots and gloves and, of course, a basket to carry all her treasures. She also earned a scar because I have a fair few from my work ^^ The rest is all the flowers (and spiders) that she loves and that catch on her while she's in the fields.

Daily Prompt:

I'm actually obsessed with aquaponics! I used to work as a transcriptionist and happened to get a project of interviews of Canadian aquaponics farms--then only a few months later I got to go to Disneyworld for the first time in my life and they actually have an aquaponics farm on the backend of Epcot. You can take a tour and it turned out to be my favorite part of the entire trip. I loved seeing the combination of all the hydroponics and creative ways that the fruits and vegetables are grown to conserve space and light, as well as all the systems that push nutrients back and forth to the fish. They actually have a cafe where you can eat food that was grown in their aquaponics systems, but we couldn't afford it unfortunately. Someday I'd like to go back and try it, if they still keep it around.
@onemessyperson

Username: Fletcher

Link to Dragon:
Not Found

Lore or other information (optional): The dragon, Aurora, is my clan's herbalist! Having done a share of work on an herb farm I know it can still be rough work, so I gave her some extra protection with boots and gloves and, of course, a basket to carry all her treasures. She also earned a scar because I have a fair few from my work ^^ The rest is all the flowers (and spiders) that she loves and that catch on her while she's in the fields.

Daily Prompt:

I'm actually obsessed with aquaponics! I used to work as a transcriptionist and happened to get a project of interviews of Canadian aquaponics farms--then only a few months later I got to go to Disneyworld for the first time in my life and they actually have an aquaponics farm on the backend of Epcot. You can take a tour and it turned out to be my favorite part of the entire trip. I loved seeing the combination of all the hydroponics and creative ways that the fruits and vegetables are grown to conserve space and light, as well as all the systems that push nutrients back and forth to the fish. They actually have a cafe where you can eat food that was grown in their aquaponics systems, but we couldn't afford it unfortunately. Someday I'd like to go back and try it, if they still keep it around.
a1f80d3732a26eb2d3a0a0fc3cb161fa078301cd.png
Fletcher/ Kin | FR+1:00
any pronouns

Hatchery || Playlist Shop
Wishlist || IG
@onemessyperson Username: VioletWhirlwind Category: Farmer Fashoinista Link to Dragon: [outfit=807195] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=24371162&skin=27547&apparel=932,655,770,753,15309,658,284,280,15308,12924,24705,1553,23031,12931&xt=dressing.png[/img] original dragon is here: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24371162] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/243712/24371162_350.png[/img] [/url] Lore or other information (optional): the accent is meant to be some kind of...molten...sunscreen? Because you should always protect your skin from the sun while working long hours outdoors, and what better sunscreen for a dragon of earth, than lava? XP Sorry for double posting, I figured someone would post between my answer to the prompt and this, but they didn't, and I didn't think I should edit the previous post. (edit: nvrmind XP )
@onemessyperson

Username: VioletWhirlwind

Category: Farmer Fashoinista

Link to Dragon:
GG Farmer outfit
dragon?did=24371162&skin=27547&apparel=932,655,770,753,15309,658,284,280,15308,12924,24705,1553,23031,12931&xt=dressing.png

original dragon is here:

24371162_350.png

Lore or other information (optional): the accent is meant to be some kind of...molten...sunscreen? Because you should always protect your skin from the sun while working long hours outdoors, and what better sunscreen for a dragon of earth, than lava? XP

Sorry for double posting, I figured someone would post between my answer to the prompt and this, but they didn't, and I didn't think I should edit the previous post. (edit: nvrmind XP )
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@onemessyperson

Username:Layali

Link to Dragon:

Here is my precious worker! Someone made sure to stay safe from the sun and remembered to bring her trusty gloves and boots. And we can't forget the pitchfork. Someone really should tell her that the crops should be tended to, not worn.

Sunset Worker

@onemessyperson

Username:Layali

Link to Dragon:

Here is my precious worker! Someone made sure to stay safe from the sun and remembered to bring her trusty gloves and boots. And we can't forget the pitchfork. Someone really should tell her that the crops should be tended to, not worn.

Sunset Worker

2ko8cXz.png
Haha I'll have to remember to come back and post my outfits later

For the Daily Prompt:
I remember visiting a dairy farm while I was on vacation with my family. It was the first time I was so up close and personal with an actual dairy cow, I mean she was huge to kid!me. I was way too freaked out to properly milk her but I did enjoy exploring the rest of the farm and petting the resident border collie. The milk we bought at the end of our trip tasted very fresh.

The only other experiences I've had like that is walking out in the countryside and passing some horses and goats. I don't think I'm really cut out for that kind of lifestyle.
Haha I'll have to remember to come back and post my outfits later

For the Daily Prompt:
I remember visiting a dairy farm while I was on vacation with my family. It was the first time I was so up close and personal with an actual dairy cow, I mean she was huge to kid!me. I was way too freaked out to properly milk her but I did enjoy exploring the rest of the farm and petting the resident border collie. The milk we bought at the end of our trip tasted very fresh.

The only other experiences I've had like that is walking out in the countryside and passing some horses and goats. I don't think I'm really cut out for that kind of lifestyle.
tumblr_nxdfodsac01ukywbko5_100.pngXBhgPWa.gif2OTuj7X.png
[center][size=4][b]Farmer Fashionista[/b][/size][/center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35080278&skin=0&apparel=271,834,466,423,547,4275,6025,391,473,1966,4276,4926,18799&xt=dressing.png[/img] Username: wingworm Category: Farmer Fashionista Link to Dragon: http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35080278 Link to Outfit: http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/807298 Lore or other information (optional): Honeyheart is ready for a productive day in the fields, wearing an extra-wide brimmed hat to shade her eyes, and sturdy sandals with skypost wings to speed her steps. Augmenting her naturally powerful claws for digging are protective metal sheaths, strong enough to till and shape the earth for her plantings. Her ensemble is finished with a lightweight sleeved shirt, to protect her scales, while allowing free range of motion. An assistant golem is ready to blast offending stones from the rows using her Lightning element. [center]@onemessyperson[/center]
Farmer Fashionista

dragon?did=35080278&skin=0&apparel=271,834,466,423,547,4275,6025,391,473,1966,4276,4926,18799&xt=dressing.png

Username: wingworm

Link to Dragon: http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35080278
Link to Outfit: http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/807298

Honeyheart is ready for a productive day in the fields, wearing an extra-wide brimmed hat to shade her eyes, and sturdy sandals with skypost wings to speed her steps. Augmenting her naturally powerful claws for digging are protective metal sheaths, strong enough to till and shape the earth for her plantings. Her ensemble is finished with a lightweight sleeved shirt, to protect her scales, while allowing free range of motion. An assistant golem is ready to blast offending stones from the rows using her Lightning element.

*** T0yVrtj.png GOqmx87.png

sapling hub link & small green momma & tiny orange cat

se8WqoZ.png***8g7QT7K.png***
** starterpacks and nncu

mFjnag2.png
cVNhmkY.png
**behemoth and badge**

EvXj7Mf.png
**2019GreenskeeperHub

fScoZmX.png
se8WqoZ.png***8g7QT7K.png***dUsQXLE.png5vaIIUT.png
**welcome, starter packs, bank vault