Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Scattered to the Winds (a Pinkerlocke)
1 2 3 4 5
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ckAMERq.png[/img] [font=century gothic][size=4][color=transparent]_____[/color]In one day, the sight of a falling petal went from a thing of beauty to a thing of horror. [color=transparent]_____[/color]In one day, unfathomable numbers lost their lives. [color=transparent]_____[/color]In one day, those of dragonkind in Sornieth were wiped off the face of the planet. [color=transparent]_____[/color]In one day, the world suffered a quiet apocalypse. [color=transparent]_____[/color]The problem with such a plan, however, was that life was a cockroach, always coming back. Always festering. [color=transparent]_____[/color]Always thriving. [color=transparent]_____[/color]A new generation, spawned not by the previous one, but by the primal organic forces that shaped the world. Eggs from no nest. Eggs infused with the sudden rush of magic from the attempted extinction of dragonkind. Eggs filled with the fragments of memories, emotions, hopes of those that came before. [color=transparent]_____[/color]A first generation. [color=transparent]_____[/color]The first generation of the new world. ----- ----- [center][font=century gothic][size=4][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162#post_1904162]Link to Pinkerlocke rules[/url][/center] [font=century gothic][size=4]Edits to the Pinkerlocke rules: This will be a primarily gen1 Pinkerlocke (more money for me to spend, yay). [b]On a familiar drop:[/b] [LIST] [*][font=century gothic][size=4]Buy a gen1 in the AH, of the element closest to the primary color of the familiar. If that can't be done, get a random number generator to chose from 1-11, picking the flight (with the flight numbers going in order of creation (ie, Earth first, Arcane last)) [/LIST] [b][font=century gothic][size=4]On an apparel drop:[/b] Roll a d10. [LIST] [*][font=century gothic][size=4]On a 1-5, do normal stuff. [*][font=century gothic][size=4]On a 5-10, buy a dragon from the AH. Dragon must have the Petals gene. They are an Aspirant. [/LIST] [font=century gothic][size=4][b]On a Trinket drop:[/b] (due to not being able to art every day) [LIST] [*][font=century gothic][size=4]Write something, similarly to Materials. I can draw something if I have time though. Maybe. [/LIST] [font=century gothic][size=4][b]Regarding Coli battles:[/b] [LIST] [*][font=century gothic][size=4]To ensure Amissio doesn't die right off the bat, any fainting in the Coli will be ignored until the others are old enough to fight. This includes Death Streaks. [*][font=century gothic][size=4]Each dragon gets one (1) free fainting, after which they can die as usual. Once they reach level 5, this rule is invalid. (this is just here so weak babies don't get 1-shot, as that's sorta... annoying) [*][font=century gothic][size=4]Coli battles will use a medium difficulty (with the exception of death streaks, obviously). Fighters will be chosen at random, and the venue will be the one below the fighter's corresponding level; however, if there is more than a five level gap between the strongest and weakest dragon, replace the strongest dragon with another random dragon. [/LIST] [b][font=century gothic][size=4]Custom apparel/skin rules:[/b] [LIST] [*][font=century gothic][size=4]All dragons can only wear 'natural'/unrefined apparel, unless given specific pieces otherwise. Acceptable apparel includes the druid sets, birdskull, wraps, simple jewelry, magical/'extensions' (the deep sea bulbs, shardhide, halos, manes, etc), ranger's sets, animal apparel, and so on. [*][font=century gothic][size=4]Dragons start out unable to wear any skins. Once/if they reach level 10, they can wear one. [*][font=century gothic][size=4]Detailed/refined apparel can be "found", story-wise. On a Trinket drop, I'll roll a d12; on a 12, I'll choose a single piece of apparel that the dragon gains. They have to wear it. [/LIST] [font=century gothic][size=4] In general, I'll be writing for pretty much everything. Material drops will just have a lot more substance. You're free to subscribe and read along, I do have this written for an audience rather than just a personal thing. c: [center][size=1]New Day Pinglist !Antivulano[/center]
ckAMERq.png

_____In one day, the sight of a falling petal went from a thing of beauty to a thing of horror.
_____In one day, unfathomable numbers lost their lives.
_____In one day, those of dragonkind in Sornieth were wiped off the face of the planet.
_____In one day, the world suffered a quiet apocalypse.

_____The problem with such a plan, however, was that life was a cockroach, always coming back. Always festering.
_____Always thriving.
_____A new generation, spawned not by the previous one, but by the primal organic forces that shaped the world. Eggs from no nest. Eggs infused with the sudden rush of magic from the attempted extinction of dragonkind. Eggs filled with the fragments of memories, emotions, hopes of those that came before.
_____A first generation.
_____The first generation of the new world.

Edits to the Pinkerlocke rules:
This will be a primarily gen1 Pinkerlocke (more money for me to spend, yay).
On a familiar drop:
  • Buy a gen1 in the AH, of the element closest to the primary color of the familiar. If that can't be done, get a random number generator to chose from 1-11, picking the flight (with the flight numbers going in order of creation (ie, Earth first, Arcane last))
On an apparel drop:
Roll a d10.
  • On a 1-5, do normal stuff.
  • On a 5-10, buy a dragon from the AH. Dragon must have the Petals gene. They are an Aspirant.
On a Trinket drop: (due to not being able to art every day)
  • Write something, similarly to Materials. I can draw something if I have time though. Maybe.
Regarding Coli battles:
  • To ensure Amissio doesn't die right off the bat, any fainting in the Coli will be ignored until the others are old enough to fight. This includes Death Streaks.
  • Each dragon gets one (1) free fainting, after which they can die as usual. Once they reach level 5, this rule is invalid. (this is just here so weak babies don't get 1-shot, as that's sorta... annoying)
  • Coli battles will use a medium difficulty (with the exception of death streaks, obviously). Fighters will be chosen at random, and the venue will be the one below the fighter's corresponding level; however, if there is more than a five level gap between the strongest and weakest dragon, replace the strongest dragon with another random dragon.
Custom apparel/skin rules:
  • All dragons can only wear 'natural'/unrefined apparel, unless given specific pieces otherwise. Acceptable apparel includes the druid sets, birdskull, wraps, simple jewelry, magical/'extensions' (the deep sea bulbs, shardhide, halos, manes, etc), ranger's sets, animal apparel, and so on.
  • Dragons start out unable to wear any skins. Once/if they reach level 10, they can wear one.
  • Detailed/refined apparel can be "found", story-wise. On a Trinket drop, I'll roll a d12; on a 12, I'll choose a single piece of apparel that the dragon gains. They have to wear it.

In general, I'll be writing for pretty much everything. Material drops will just have a lot more substance.

You're free to subscribe and read along, I do have this written for an audience rather than just a personal thing. c:

New Day Pinglist
!Antivulano
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
[center][font=century gothic][size=6][b]The Seekers[/b][/center] [font=century gothic][size=4][color=Transparent]_____[/color]Those who wish to uncover the mystery of where their predecessors went. [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49185141] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/491852/49185141.png[/img] [/url][font=century gothic][size=4] Amissio[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49297886] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/492979/49297886.png[/img] [/url][font=century gothic][size=4] Dolor[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49297949] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/492980/49297949.png[/img] [/url][font=century gothic][size=4] Luctus[nextcol][/columns] ----- [center][font=century gothic][size=6][b]The Scattered[/b][/center] [font=century gothic][size=4][color=Transparent]_____[/color]Those who have been lost to the winds. ----- [center][font=century gothic][size=6][b]The Aspirants[/b][/center] [font=century gothic][size=4][color=Transparent]_____[/color]Those who... well. Not yet. ;) [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49811201] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/498113/49811201.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][/columns]
The Seekers
_____Those who wish to uncover the mystery of where their predecessors went.

49185141.png

Amissio

49297886.png

Dolor

49297949.png

Luctus

The Scattered
_____Those who have been lost to the winds.

The Aspirants
_____Those who... well. Not yet. ;)

49811201.png
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ESmOBYK.png[/img] [right][size=2]If I get this thing rolling, I'd love to commission an artist to do proper banners for this! These are admittedly just placeholders.[/right]
ESmOBYK.png
If I get this thing rolling, I'd love to commission an artist to do proper banners for this! These are admittedly just placeholders.
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
Prologue

_____The morning had been beautiful, the epitome of spring in every sense of the word; the breeze held a slight chill but the sunlight warmed any who touched it; flowers had sprouted and bloomed; trees shed their petals to dance with the tiny wisps of clouds in the air.
_____The birds chittered away at each other, while bees hummed about their business. It was a joyous day, fit for celebration.
_____And of course, that’s what the dragons did.
_____The gathered celebrants cheered together, bouquets of lovely blossoms being spread around as gifts between companions, or as snacks between the plant-eaters. Small feasts of insects and meats that sprang from their nests to welcome the warming season, abundant and taking advantage of the colorful flora. Fish from the streams that overflowed, running frigid with melted snow.
_____And treats of all varieties, sweet honey candies and chocolate for everyone to enjoy.

_____Youthful lovebirds paired themselves together, while older couples enjoyed their companionship; children scuttled around, testing their wings in the petal-speckled winds.

_____Yet one sat away from the others, a clearing in the center of festivities being their spot of choice. The action was not made in contempt but in contentment; claws carefully turning the pages of a notebook, sketches of the scenes before her drawn out in charcoal. Everywhere they looked was a unique image, and quickly the pages were filled with drawings.

_____It was her that saw the change first.
_____It was her that witnessed it all.
_____A cluster of golden petals fluttered by her, to which she had looked around to find the plant they originated from-- but she couldn't find it, not before another set of oddly beautiful petals blew by. One of these, she grabbed, staring in fascination at the patterns that covered it; it looked so much like the crystalline hide of the friend she'd brought with her.
_____Perhaps someone was conjuring flowers?
_____She turned to find said friend, to show them the petal if they hadn't seen it, but to their dismay, that friend was nowhere to be seen.

_____Not thinking much of it, she shrugged and placed the shimmering petal in the notebook, looking up once more to see a gust of wind bring by a series of pink petals from someplace just over the hill.
_____Beautiful, she thought to herself, picking up the charcoal stick that she'd been drawing with. For a minute, she sketched them in the air, until one passed far too close to her nose. She breathed in on instinct, sucking the petal up her nose, only to immediately sneeze it back out. Staring at the offending thing, she noticed the scent that had stuck itself in her snout.
_____It wasn’t a flower.
_____It was dragon.
_____Looking back up in the air with growing worry, she noted several new colors had started to flutter away in the breeze; and this time, she recognized the patterns.
_____Piebald.
_____Facet.
_____Ringlets.
_____Noxtide.
_____Poison.
_____Starmap.

_____Alarmed at this point, she startled to her feet to see where they were coming from, only to find herself surrounded by a quickly shrinking number of dragons.
_____But it was quiet.
_____There was no panic, except for her. Could they not see? Did they not care?
_____One by one, the others smiled and sat down, their fur and scales and feathers peeling off their bodies to join the blizzard of petals in the air. And they were gone, gone with the rest.
_____The artist blankly stared, rigid in fright.
_____Until a peculiar sensation broke across her flank.
_____It didn’t hurt, but it did, and her head shuddered as she stared at the pieces of her body-- of her flesh, lift off and away, as if by their own will. She felt weightless, feeling herself lift into the air even though she could see herself collapsing to the ground.
_____In one final bout of panic, she opened her jaws, letting out a terrified scream; the only one to grace the air.

_____The morning had been beautiful, the epitome of spring in every sense of the word; the breeze held a slight chill but the sunlight warmed any who touched it; flowers had sprouted and bloomed; trees shed their petals to dance with the tiny wisps of clouds in the air.
_____The birds chittered away at each other, while bees hummed about their business. It was a joyous day, fit for celebration.
_____But there were none left.
Prologue

_____And of course, that’s what the dragons did.
_____The gathered celebrants cheered together, bouquets of lovely blossoms being spread around as gifts between companions, or as snacks between the plant-eaters. Small feasts of insects and meats that sprang from their nests to welcome the warming season, abundant and taking advantage of the colorful flora. Fish from the streams that overflowed, running frigid with melted snow.
_____And treats of all varieties, sweet honey candies and chocolate for everyone to enjoy.

_____Youthful lovebirds paired themselves together, while older couples enjoyed their companionship; children scuttled around, testing their wings in the petal-speckled winds.

_____Yet one sat away from the others, a clearing in the center of festivities being their spot of choice. The action was not made in contempt but in contentment; claws carefully turning the pages of a notebook, sketches of the scenes before her drawn out in charcoal. Everywhere they looked was a unique image, and quickly the pages were filled with drawings.

_____It was her that saw the change first.
_____It was her that witnessed it all.
_____A cluster of golden petals fluttered by her, to which she had looked around to find the plant they originated from-- but she couldn't find it, not before another set of oddly beautiful petals blew by. One of these, she grabbed, staring in fascination at the patterns that covered it; it looked so much like the crystalline hide of the friend she'd brought with her.
_____Perhaps someone was conjuring flowers?
_____She turned to find said friend, to show them the petal if they hadn't seen it, but to their dismay, that friend was nowhere to be seen.

_____Not thinking much of it, she shrugged and placed the shimmering petal in the notebook, looking up once more to see a gust of wind bring by a series of pink petals from someplace just over the hill.
_____Beautiful, she thought to herself, picking up the charcoal stick that she'd been drawing with. For a minute, she sketched them in the air, until one passed far too close to her nose. She breathed in on instinct, sucking the petal up her nose, only to immediately sneeze it back out. Staring at the offending thing, she noticed the scent that had stuck itself in her snout.
_____It wasn’t a flower.
_____It was dragon.
_____Looking back up in the air with growing worry, she noted several new colors had started to flutter away in the breeze; and this time, she recognized the patterns.
_____Piebald.
_____Facet.
_____Ringlets.
_____Noxtide.
_____Poison.
_____Starmap.

_____Alarmed at this point, she startled to her feet to see where they were coming from, only to find herself surrounded by a quickly shrinking number of dragons.
_____But it was quiet.
_____There was no panic, except for her. Could they not see? Did they not care?
_____One by one, the others smiled and sat down, their fur and scales and feathers peeling off their bodies to join the blizzard of petals in the air. And they were gone, gone with the rest.
_____The artist blankly stared, rigid in fright.
_____Until a peculiar sensation broke across her flank.
_____It didn’t hurt, but it did, and her head shuddered as she stared at the pieces of her body-- of her flesh, lift off and away, as if by their own will. She felt weightless, feeling herself lift into the air even though she could see herself collapsing to the ground.
_____In one final bout of panic, she opened her jaws, letting out a terrified scream; the only one to grace the air.

_____But there were none left.
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
Day 1
Wetland Vampire
30-40 coli rounds

_____The nocturne wasn't sure how she got here.
_____Not to this odd cluster of rocks, of course; she'd walked. But she didn't know how she got here, in this body, on this world; she didn't remember what came before, not clearly. There were fragments, of vastly different experiences-- memories of dragons, but none of them were left. Where did they go, why weren't they here? It was as if multiple jigsaw puzzles cut from the same die had been thrown together; the pieces were there, and they connected, but the images they made were gibberish, nonsensical.
_____That wasn't important anymore, though.
_____The fields were pretty, but also open enough to see the threats lurking around. There was a voice inside her mind that said she could handle such weak enemies, but considering how shaky her legs were, she didn't trust it.
_____And she didn't know how to fight, where was that idea coming from?

_____She could see the grasses shifting from things slowly growing closer, which she took as her cue to prepare. Shaky legs or not, she'd have to encounter them. There were too many. She crouched down, ready to pounce, paws instinctively shifting into a hunting stance.
_____ The grass rustled.
_____Her muscles tightened.
_____Her eyes caught a flash of bright blue in the grasses.
_____She lowered herself, focused her breathing, and leapt.
_____...upwards.
_____No way she was going to fight, not while this disoriented, not while this weak. Even her wings were struggling to keep beating, they were so tired already.

_____The dragon lighted upon a rock, giving her wings a moment of rest while she scanned her surroundings.
_____Ah.
_____There were creatures that could fly.
_____And they spotted her.
_____She wasn't going to manage to run away for long enough, not from all of them. Resigning to her fate, she readied her claws, mimicking the territorial expression that the flock of birds stared her down with.
_____“Time to see if I can learn to fight”, she muttered, hoping that the memory fragments she held had something to keep her alive.

_____

Amissio has grown to level 4.
Day 1
Wetland Vampire
30-40 coli rounds

_____The nocturne wasn't sure how she got here.
_____Not to this odd cluster of rocks, of course; she'd walked. But she didn't know how she got here, in this body, on this world; she didn't remember what came before, not clearly. There were fragments, of vastly different experiences-- memories of dragons, but none of them were left. Where did they go, why weren't they here? It was as if multiple jigsaw puzzles cut from the same die had been thrown together; the pieces were there, and they connected, but the images they made were gibberish, nonsensical.
_____That wasn't important anymore, though.
_____The fields were pretty, but also open enough to see the threats lurking around. There was a voice inside her mind that said she could handle such weak enemies, but considering how shaky her legs were, she didn't trust it.
_____And she didn't know how to fight, where was that idea coming from?

_____She could see the grasses shifting from things slowly growing closer, which she took as her cue to prepare. Shaky legs or not, she'd have to encounter them. There were too many. She crouched down, ready to pounce, paws instinctively shifting into a hunting stance.
_____ The grass rustled.
_____Her muscles tightened.
_____Her eyes caught a flash of bright blue in the grasses.
_____She lowered herself, focused her breathing, and leapt.
_____...upwards.
_____No way she was going to fight, not while this disoriented, not while this weak. Even her wings were struggling to keep beating, they were so tired already.

_____The dragon lighted upon a rock, giving her wings a moment of rest while she scanned her surroundings.
_____Ah.
_____There were creatures that could fly.
_____And they spotted her.
_____She wasn't going to manage to run away for long enough, not from all of them. Resigning to her fate, she readied her claws, mimicking the territorial expression that the flock of birds stared her down with.
_____“Time to see if I can learn to fight”, she muttered, hoping that the memory fragments she held had something to keep her alive.

_____

Amissio has grown to level 4.
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
[center][font=century gothic][size=7][size=7][b]Day 2[/b][/size][/size] [Item=Tallow Candle] [I] On a Trinket drop, roll a d12; on a 12, choose a single piece of apparel that the dragon gains. They have to wear it. Roll result: 12[/I][/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49185141] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/491852/49185141.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=century gothic][size=4][color=transparent]_____[/color]With a limp, she staggered up the incline to the small hill, knowing that she was marginally safer here. The beasts didn't seem to persist in their chase as she got closer, leaving her alone with her wounds. [color=transparent]_____[/color]Ah, wounds. The nocturne gazed across her body to survey the damage, frowning at the crimson that dribbled down her arm. Despite the general lack of threat that the creatures posed, she hadn't seemed to be in a state that was capable of fighting. [color=transparent]_____[/color]She did seem to pick up a few lessons during the extended fighting, however. Memories? Perhaps. She could hear that voice again, the violent one-- [I]We won[/I], it whispered, the use of plurals the most unnerving thing she noticed. [I]Trust your claws. Use your weapons. You can be dangerous if you want to be. [/I] [color=transparent]_____[/color]“Only for defense,” she retorted. [color=transparent]_____[/color]But she got no response from the voice. [color=transparent]_____[/color]Which was both disappointing and relieving; the nocturne didn’t know what she’d do if a weird voice in her head responded to her defiance. [color=transparent]_____[/color]There were more important things she had to focus on, anyways. Like not bleeding out. [color=transparent]_____[/color]Sliding the few bandages she’d found out of her bag, she set to work cleaning off as much blood as possible before securing the scraps around her arms. She didn’t have enough to fully wrap around her chest, but that was fine; those weren’t deep, and had already stopped bleeding, despite her labored breathing. [color=transparent]_____[/color]She’d be fine, for now. The beasts she’d killed would make for a meal, however she had the creeping feeling that it wasn’t for the best of health to stay here. Which she agreed with; she needed to find an explanation. Did she have amnesia? That would explain the fleeting memories, as well as why she had no idea what her name was, or how she got here. But it didn’t explain why there was no sign of other dragons. She’d found a small hut, and grabbed what she needed out of there, mostly the bow and arrows and a makeshift travel pack. The scent of the owner was fading quickly, but there was no sign that they’d be returning-- there wasn’t a sign that they [i]left[/i]. There was still a bowl of half-mixed salad, rotting away, and their weapons were neatly stacked next to a cushion by the table as if they were preparing their meal before going out. She’d left, quickly, knowing it was likely safer there than outside, but something about it unnerved her. [color=transparent]_____[/color]The hill the nocturne had perched on was mostly barren of grasses, providing no cover but an excellent view of her surroundings. Lively as they were, she couldn’t help but feel lonely, especially considering the lack of any other dragons. [color=transparent]_____[/color]“What happened here?” she asked the clouds above, the soft wind ignoring her plea. [color=transparent]_____[/color][i]Something terrible.[/i] [color=transparent]_____[/color]The soft voice meekly poked out from amidst the dragon’s thoughts, though this time, didn’t seem worried about it. She merely hoped it wasn’t true, slowly sinking to the ground in an attempt to rest. [color=transparent]_____[/color]“Tomorrow, we explore. We find any hint as to what happened.” ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49297886][img]https://i.imgur.com/2aJQlNM.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49297949][img]https://i.imgur.com/qSau2Ku.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=century gothic][size=4][color=transparent]_____[/color]The young mirror duo trotted into the well-trodden clearing, heads close to the ground in silent focus. The area was peacefully quiet, but that didn’t stop them from being cautious; they’d seen… [i]things[/i]. Despite the length of their existence being as short as days, both of them knew that what they saw was unnatural. Unearthly. Completely unlike the other things they’d encountered. [color=transparent]_____[/color]So of course, they were wary when it was silent. [color=transparent]_____[/color]The clearing seemed to be an… abandoned camp, if they had to guess; a few collapsed tents decorated the area, along with a long-smouldered bonfire in the center. After checking the perimeter, the two determined it was safe to snoop around. [color=transparent]_____[/color]They wasted no time in searching each tent for anything useful; weapons, rations, information-- but to their disappointment, it only held scraps. Nothing innately useful, but they were fine with repurposing the tents for themselves. A couple hours of shuffling fabric around, the duo combined two tents into one, with the closest thing to a comfortable bedroll placed inside. [color=transparent]_____[/color]They’d have to share, but neither of them cared. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Brother-” it was a title she’d gotten used to calling him, perhaps too easily; both of them agreed that they recognized each other, but not by personality nor looks-- a confusing time for both of them, but it meant they started on better terms. “-I found… something. Not food. But something.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]The beige head of the other mirror raised from where he was poking around the campfire, trotting over in a shuffling gait. [color=transparent]_____[/color]Without saying anything else, the blue mirror pulled out her prize, a large and somewhat tattered tome. The cover of it was emblazoned with a symbol they recognized but didn’t know, faintly glowing despite being in sunlight. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”It’s-” he started. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”-Magic,” she finished, squinting in confusion at the thing before hopping back up in excitement. “Can we do magic?” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”I don’t know, can we?” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Let’s open it up and see.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]With a careful claw, the cover was pulled open, revealing pages of diagrams and text. The duo stared in curiosity, blinking at the characters on the parchment and tracing the lines of complex runes. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”...Can you read it?” She finally asked, her voice still hopeful, but it was evident in her tone that she wasn’t quite capable of deciphering it. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”N-no.” He quickly cleared his throat. “I know what sounds the letters make, but the words are unfamiliar,” he blabbered, his pseudo-sibling headbutting him. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Yeah, I can too.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]The two of them sat in silence for a moment. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Well, we can always keep it with us. See if we can’t work it out.” She nodded along with him, looking across the page once more. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”We could name ourselves with it, too.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”...What?” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Choose a word-- ooh! Choose a spell name! Or descriptor. I’m going first~” rapidly flipping through pages, she landed on a complex-seeming spell, scanning the page for a word that stood out to her. “Luctus,” she finally said, her tongue poking out of her mouth somewhat while she mentally repeated it. “That’s what you’ll call me from now on, until we find something cooler.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Luctus it is,” he mocked a bow, his voice gaining a posh accent. “Guide the way, Lady Luc.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”What’s that from?” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”I have no clue. Sounded like something I’ve said before.” He shrugged, sliding the book over to himself and flipping through pages. He stopped at a simple spell, which didn’t even have a diagram. “Dolor,” he pointed out, nodding in finality. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Dolor and Luctus.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”The Devious Duo.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]She giggled. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”I’ll keep it with me,” Luctus offered, closing the tome. “Who knows, perhaps I’ll learn to use it some day.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Then that’s settled. I honestly didn’t want to carry it.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”So, tomorrow more searching?” [color=transparent]_____[/color]”That’s the plan.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]She smiled, glancing up at the setting sun. [color=transparent]_____[/color]”Tomorrow, another discovery.” [color=transparent]_____[/color]Hopefully no calamity befell them. … [b]Luctus[/b] has obtained [item=earth tome]
Day 2

Tallow Candle
On a Trinket drop, roll a d12; on a 12, choose a single piece of apparel that the dragon gains. They have to wear it.
Roll result: 12

_____With a limp, she staggered up the incline to the small hill, knowing that she was marginally safer here. The beasts didn't seem to persist in their chase as she got closer, leaving her alone with her wounds.
_____Ah, wounds. The nocturne gazed across her body to survey the damage, frowning at the crimson that dribbled down her arm. Despite the general lack of threat that the creatures posed, she hadn't seemed to be in a state that was capable of fighting.
_____She did seem to pick up a few lessons during the extended fighting, however. Memories? Perhaps. She could hear that voice again, the violent one-- We won, it whispered, the use of plurals the most unnerving thing she noticed. Trust your claws. Use your weapons. You can be dangerous if you want to be.
_____“Only for defense,” she retorted.
_____But she got no response from the voice.
_____Which was both disappointing and relieving; the nocturne didn’t know what she’d do if a weird voice in her head responded to her defiance.
_____There were more important things she had to focus on, anyways. Like not bleeding out.

_____Sliding the few bandages she’d found out of her bag, she set to work cleaning off as much blood as possible before securing the scraps around her arms. She didn’t have enough to fully wrap around her chest, but that was fine; those weren’t deep, and had already stopped bleeding, despite her labored breathing.
_____She’d be fine, for now. The beasts she’d killed would make for a meal, however she had the creeping feeling that it wasn’t for the best of health to stay here. Which she agreed with; she needed to find an explanation. Did she have amnesia? That would explain the fleeting memories, as well as why she had no idea what her name was, or how she got here. But it didn’t explain why there was no sign of other dragons. She’d found a small hut, and grabbed what she needed out of there, mostly the bow and arrows and a makeshift travel pack. The scent of the owner was fading quickly, but there was no sign that they’d be returning-- there wasn’t a sign that they left. There was still a bowl of half-mixed salad, rotting away, and their weapons were neatly stacked next to a cushion by the table as if they were preparing their meal before going out. She’d left, quickly, knowing it was likely safer there than outside, but something about it unnerved her.

_____The hill the nocturne had perched on was mostly barren of grasses, providing no cover but an excellent view of her surroundings. Lively as they were, she couldn’t help but feel lonely, especially considering the lack of any other dragons.
_____“What happened here?” she asked the clouds above, the soft wind ignoring her plea.
_____Something terrible.
_____The soft voice meekly poked out from amidst the dragon’s thoughts, though this time, didn’t seem worried about it. She merely hoped it wasn’t true, slowly sinking to the ground in an attempt to rest.
_____“Tomorrow, we explore. We find any hint as to what happened.”

2aJQlNM.pngqSau2Ku.png

_____The young mirror duo trotted into the well-trodden clearing, heads close to the ground in silent focus. The area was peacefully quiet, but that didn’t stop them from being cautious; they’d seen… things. Despite the length of their existence being as short as days, both of them knew that what they saw was unnatural. Unearthly. Completely unlike the other things they’d encountered.
_____So of course, they were wary when it was silent.

_____The clearing seemed to be an… abandoned camp, if they had to guess; a few collapsed tents decorated the area, along with a long-smouldered bonfire in the center. After checking the perimeter, the two determined it was safe to snoop around.
_____They wasted no time in searching each tent for anything useful; weapons, rations, information-- but to their disappointment, it only held scraps. Nothing innately useful, but they were fine with repurposing the tents for themselves. A couple hours of shuffling fabric around, the duo combined two tents into one, with the closest thing to a comfortable bedroll placed inside.
_____They’d have to share, but neither of them cared.

_____”Brother-” it was a title she’d gotten used to calling him, perhaps too easily; both of them agreed that they recognized each other, but not by personality nor looks-- a confusing time for both of them, but it meant they started on better terms. “-I found… something. Not food. But something.”
_____The beige head of the other mirror raised from where he was poking around the campfire, trotting over in a shuffling gait.
_____Without saying anything else, the blue mirror pulled out her prize, a large and somewhat tattered tome. The cover of it was emblazoned with a symbol they recognized but didn’t know, faintly glowing despite being in sunlight.
_____”It’s-” he started.
_____”-Magic,” she finished, squinting in confusion at the thing before hopping back up in excitement. “Can we do magic?”
_____”I don’t know, can we?”
_____”Let’s open it up and see.”

_____With a careful claw, the cover was pulled open, revealing pages of diagrams and text. The duo stared in curiosity, blinking at the characters on the parchment and tracing the lines of complex runes.
_____”...Can you read it?” She finally asked, her voice still hopeful, but it was evident in her tone that she wasn’t quite capable of deciphering it.
_____”N-no.” He quickly cleared his throat. “I know what sounds the letters make, but the words are unfamiliar,” he blabbered, his pseudo-sibling headbutting him.
_____”Yeah, I can too.”
_____The two of them sat in silence for a moment.
_____”Well, we can always keep it with us. See if we can’t work it out.” She nodded along with him, looking across the page once more.
_____”We could name ourselves with it, too.”
_____”...What?”
_____”Choose a word-- ooh! Choose a spell name! Or descriptor. I’m going first~” rapidly flipping through pages, she landed on a complex-seeming spell, scanning the page for a word that stood out to her. “Luctus,” she finally said, her tongue poking out of her mouth somewhat while she mentally repeated it. “That’s what you’ll call me from now on, until we find something cooler.”
_____”Luctus it is,” he mocked a bow, his voice gaining a posh accent. “Guide the way, Lady Luc.”
_____”What’s that from?”
_____”I have no clue. Sounded like something I’ve said before.” He shrugged, sliding the book over to himself and flipping through pages. He stopped at a simple spell, which didn’t even have a diagram. “Dolor,” he pointed out, nodding in finality.
_____”Dolor and Luctus.”
_____”The Devious Duo.”
_____She giggled.
_____”I’ll keep it with me,” Luctus offered, closing the tome. “Who knows, perhaps I’ll learn to use it some day.”
_____”Then that’s settled. I honestly didn’t want to carry it.”
_____”So, tomorrow more searching?”
_____”That’s the plan.”
_____She smiled, glancing up at the setting sun.
_____”Tomorrow, another discovery.”
_____Hopefully no calamity befell them.

Luctus has obtained Earth Tome
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
[center][font=century gothic][size=7][size=7][b]Day 3[/b][/size][/size] [item=berserker] [i]Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens[/i][/center] ----- [font=century gothic][size=4][color=transparent]_____[/color]The nocturne awoke to howling winds, a sense of dread eating through her bones. As was instinct, she shifted into a crouched position, doing her best to hide despite the fact she was in the open. The two golden eyes darted across the tossing grasses, seeing nothing of note; the wave pattern the wind looked pretty, but did nothing to sooth the rising fear that made her muscles twitch. [color=transparent]_____[/color]And then, gently, a short distance into the air above her. [color=transparent]_____[/color]A small, purple petal. [color=transparent]_____[/color]For reasons unknown to her, the sight of it brought back muddled memories of absolute terror and panic. [color=transparent]_____[/color]The meek voice of sorrow was suddenly screaming in anguish. [color=transparent]_____[/color]The confident, cruel voice of violence was barking orders for her to move. [color=transparent]_____[/color]A duo of voices bubbled from within, their messages much too faint for her to hear. [color=transparent]_____[/color]The nocturne couldn’t do anything but fall rigid in fright, watching as the petal passed; as the distance between them grew, the voices subsided, almost to the point where she felt able to take to the air and find someplace safer. [color=transparent]_____[/color]Until another petal flew by. [color=transparent]_____[/color]And another. [color=transparent]_____[/color]And another. [color=transparent]_____[/color]An entire swarm passed over her head, seemingly dancing in slow motion around one another. Most of them were purple, but other colors joined the first. The dragon watched for a few seconds, hoping they’d pass before her heart gave out from fear, only to watch in dismay as their numbers [i]grew[/i]. The swarm grew so thick that it blotted out the stars above, gathering into a large cluster a few dozen meters from the small hill that she was perched on. [color=transparent]_____[/color]At once, the winds reversed, the petals doubling over on themselves before sinking to the ground. Through the cloud, the dragon swore she could see a shape forming; something large. Something dangerous. [color=transparent]_____[/color][i]Something unnatural.[/i] [color=transparent]_____[/color]The swarm of petals brought fear, but this… [i]beast[/i] brought something far more primal. With no input from her mind, her legs sprung back and away from the hill, her wings filled with an unknown vigor in the attempt to flee. [color=transparent]_____[/color]A noise she could only describe as verbal static filled the air behind her, which only pushed her forwards faster; not once did she look back, so intent on putting distance between the two of them she was. The static faded as she flew, but she didn’t stop, not for a long time. [color=transparent]_____[/color]Not until the sun shot the first rays above the horizon. [color=transparent]_____[/color]... [color=transparent]_____[/color][i]Result of coin flip: Tails. [color=transparent]_____[/color]Death Streak avoided.[/i]
Day 3

Berserker
Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

_____The nocturne awoke to howling winds, a sense of dread eating through her bones. As was instinct, she shifted into a crouched position, doing her best to hide despite the fact she was in the open. The two golden eyes darted across the tossing grasses, seeing nothing of note; the wave pattern the wind looked pretty, but did nothing to sooth the rising fear that made her muscles twitch.
_____And then, gently, a short distance into the air above her.
_____A small, purple petal.

_____For reasons unknown to her, the sight of it brought back muddled memories of absolute terror and panic.
_____The meek voice of sorrow was suddenly screaming in anguish.
_____The confident, cruel voice of violence was barking orders for her to move.
_____A duo of voices bubbled from within, their messages much too faint for her to hear.
_____The nocturne couldn’t do anything but fall rigid in fright, watching as the petal passed; as the distance between them grew, the voices subsided, almost to the point where she felt able to take to the air and find someplace safer.
_____Until another petal flew by.
_____And another.
_____And another.
_____An entire swarm passed over her head, seemingly dancing in slow motion around one another. Most of them were purple, but other colors joined the first. The dragon watched for a few seconds, hoping they’d pass before her heart gave out from fear, only to watch in dismay as their numbers grew. The swarm grew so thick that it blotted out the stars above, gathering into a large cluster a few dozen meters from the small hill that she was perched on.
_____At once, the winds reversed, the petals doubling over on themselves before sinking to the ground. Through the cloud, the dragon swore she could see a shape forming; something large. Something dangerous.
_____Something unnatural.

_____The swarm of petals brought fear, but this… beast brought something far more primal. With no input from her mind, her legs sprung back and away from the hill, her wings filled with an unknown vigor in the attempt to flee.
_____A noise she could only describe as verbal static filled the air behind her, which only pushed her forwards faster; not once did she look back, so intent on putting distance between the two of them she was. The static faded as she flew, but she didn’t stop, not for a long time.
_____Not until the sun shot the first rays above the horizon.

_____...

_____Result of coin flip: Tails.
_____Death Streak avoided.

|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze
May I be be added to a pinglist? I really love how unique your premise is. It's different and "quieter" than other Nuzlocke lores. I love it. :D
@Scryzze
May I be be added to a pinglist? I really love how unique your premise is. It's different and "quieter" than other Nuzlocke lores. I love it. :D
@Antivulano
Sure thing! :D
I've always been a fan of quiet apocalypses or just a sweet and simple "restart", rather than blood and death and calamity (those are fun too, but they're so common...), and so this is just a way for me to give dergs lore and write for such a scenario.
@Antivulano
Sure thing! :D
I've always been a fan of quiet apocalypses or just a sweet and simple "restart", rather than blood and death and calamity (those are fun too, but they're so common...), and so this is just a way for me to give dergs lore and write for such a scenario.
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze
Yeah, I agree! Apocalypses full of blood, death, and calamity are fun and all but there's something poignant about these quiter events. I'm looking forward to see how this progresses.
@Scryzze
Yeah, I agree! Apocalypses full of blood, death, and calamity are fun and all but there's something poignant about these quiter events. I'm looking forward to see how this progresses.
1 2 3 4 5