Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Wyrmwounded!: A casual Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 322 323
[center][b][u]Day 11:[/u][/b] [item=Tiny Feathers] [b]Tiny Feathers[/b][/center] It was odd having a new dragon in the clan. Especially one who ate plants. Farrell was clueless about what to feed a small hatchling who had turned up her nose at the nice juicy beetles he'd offered her, and Sabrina's gathering prowess was restricted mainly to interesting rocks and minerals, so it fell to Valan to provide for Parchment's needs. Valan disliked plants herself and would only eat them in times of utmost necessity, but her father was a Tundra, and she remembered enough of his preferences that she felt confident she wouldn't poison little Parchment. At least, she [i]hoped[/i] she wouldn't. When she returned to the lair after several hours of scouting for edible plant matter, she found Farrell sitting with his tail loosely coiled around Parchment, singing to her softly. The tiny Pearlcatcher was cooing back, her oddly melodic voice creating a soothing harmony with the older dragon's tune. Valan hated to interrupt the moment, but the little one needed to eat. She cleared her throat. "Breakfast?" she said, holding up the bag of plants. Parchment squealed and hopped out of the coils of Farrell's tail. Valan upended the bag, and Parchment fell on the small pile of berries and mushrooms with gusto. Valan shared a glance with Farrell as the hatchling ate. The Spiral had confided in her a while back that he wanted little ones of his own someday. Valan hadn't been sure how to take that statement; at the time, she had been the only dragon in the clan he could have produced children with since Delano was also male, none of them knew each other well, and in any case they hadn't been anywhere near old enough to seriously consider breeding with [i]anyone[/i]. Now, though... well. Valan still wasn't sure if she wanted hatchlings herself, exactly. And her feelings on romantic relationships were lukewarm at best. But Farrell had become a dear friend, and the joy on his face when he played with the younger members of the clan brought a strange warmth to her heart. Not right now. But someday, maybe...
Day 11:

Tiny Feathers
Tiny Feathers

It was odd having a new dragon in the clan. Especially one who ate plants. Farrell was clueless about what to feed a small hatchling who had turned up her nose at the nice juicy beetles he'd offered her, and Sabrina's gathering prowess was restricted mainly to interesting rocks and minerals, so it fell to Valan to provide for Parchment's needs.

Valan disliked plants herself and would only eat them in times of utmost necessity, but her father was a Tundra, and she remembered enough of his preferences that she felt confident she wouldn't poison little Parchment. At least, she hoped she wouldn't.

When she returned to the lair after several hours of scouting for edible plant matter, she found Farrell sitting with his tail loosely coiled around Parchment, singing to her softly. The tiny Pearlcatcher was cooing back, her oddly melodic voice creating a soothing harmony with the older dragon's tune.

Valan hated to interrupt the moment, but the little one needed to eat. She cleared her throat. "Breakfast?" she said, holding up the bag of plants.

Parchment squealed and hopped out of the coils of Farrell's tail. Valan upended the bag, and Parchment fell on the small pile of berries and mushrooms with gusto.

Valan shared a glance with Farrell as the hatchling ate. The Spiral had confided in her a while back that he wanted little ones of his own someday. Valan hadn't been sure how to take that statement; at the time, she had been the only dragon in the clan he could have produced children with since Delano was also male, none of them knew each other well, and in any case they hadn't been anywhere near old enough to seriously consider breeding with anyone.

Now, though... well.

Valan still wasn't sure if she wanted hatchlings herself, exactly. And her feelings on romantic relationships were lukewarm at best. But Farrell had become a dear friend, and the joy on his face when he played with the younger members of the clan brought a strange warmth to her heart.

Not right now. But someday, maybe...
Please copy-paste my username (@LingwysticMistic) if you ping me!
( No need to ping in Forum Games )
[quote]Valan still wasn't sure if she wanted hatchlings herself, exactly. And her feelings on romantic relationships were lukewarm at best. But Farrell had become a dear friend, and the joy on his face when he played with the younger members of the clan brought a strange warmth to her heart.[/quote] WELP [s]Also I mentioned it's good to see you writing, right[/s]
Quote:
Valan still wasn't sure if she wanted hatchlings herself, exactly. And her feelings on romantic relationships were lukewarm at best. But Farrell had become a dear friend, and the joy on his face when he played with the younger members of the clan brought a strange warmth to her heart.

WELP

Also I mentioned it's good to see you writing, right
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
WELP is right. XD

Yes you did :P
WELP is right. XD

Yes you did :P
[center][b][u]Day 12:[/u][/b] [item=Firestarter] [b]Firestarter[/b][/center] The fire crackled merrily, chasing away the chill that had started creeping into the night air over the past few weeks. Farrell was roasting some grasshoppers over it for himself and Sabrina, while Valan dressed one of the rabbits she'd caught earlier in preparation for cooking. Parchment, meanwhile, was tucking into her usual salad, but every once in a while she'd glance over at what Farrell was doing; although the young Pearlcatcher still loudly proclaimed that insects were "yucky," she had started becoming a little more curious lately about what the Spirals of the clan ate. When the adult dragons' food was ready, Valan spoke a quick blessing over it. Her parents were both Nature dragons, as was her birth clan's healer, and some things had stayed with her from her youth. [i]Gladekeeper, Plaguebringer, Holy sisters, sacred mothers, We thank you for the gift of food: The creatures whose death fuels our life, The plants that sprout from our leavings, All that we consume to survive another day.[/i] "And the fire!" Parchment chirped around a mouthful of greens. "And my pearl, and Farrell who doesn't mind if I sit on his tail sometimes when I'm not paying 'tention, and..." Sabrina smothered a smile. "Yes, Parchment, all that too. Now finish your supper."
Day 12:

Firestarter
Firestarter

The fire crackled merrily, chasing away the chill that had started creeping into the night air over the past few weeks. Farrell was roasting some grasshoppers over it for himself and Sabrina, while Valan dressed one of the rabbits she'd caught earlier in preparation for cooking. Parchment, meanwhile, was tucking into her usual salad, but every once in a while she'd glance over at what Farrell was doing; although the young Pearlcatcher still loudly proclaimed that insects were "yucky," she had started becoming a little more curious lately about what the Spirals of the clan ate.

When the adult dragons' food was ready, Valan spoke a quick blessing over it. Her parents were both Nature dragons, as was her birth clan's healer, and some things had stayed with her from her youth.

Gladekeeper, Plaguebringer,
Holy sisters, sacred mothers,
We thank you for the gift of food:
The creatures whose death fuels our life,
The plants that sprout from our leavings,
All that we consume to survive another day.

"And the fire!" Parchment chirped around a mouthful of greens. "And my pearl, and Farrell who doesn't mind if I sit on his tail sometimes when I'm not paying 'tention, and..."

Sabrina smothered a smile. "Yes, Parchment, all that too. Now finish your supper."
D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww. <3
D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww. <3
INORITE <3
INORITE <3
[center][b][u]Day 13:[/u][/b] [item=Umbra Parthenium] [b]Umbra Parthenium[/b][/center] Coli day! Nothing terribly exciting to report this time, except that Sabrina's now Level 6 and I still hate Scorched Forest with a burning passion even hotter than its smoldering embers. :P [s]Also I'm glad I'm not using the regular Pinkerlocke death rules, because Sabrina and Valan both got KO'd at different points. Whoopsiedoodle.[/s]
Day 13:

Umbra Parthenium
Umbra Parthenium

Coli day! Nothing terribly exciting to report this time, except that Sabrina's now Level 6 and I still hate Scorched Forest with a burning passion even hotter than its smoldering embers. :P

Also I'm glad I'm not using the regular Pinkerlocke death rules, because Sabrina and Valan both got KO'd at different points. Whoopsiedoodle.
I still hate Scorched Forest and I'm not even doing this challenge, so it's OK. It's a very detestable venue. :P
I still hate Scorched Forest and I'm not even doing this challenge, so it's OK. It's a very detestable venue. :P
I'd say we should burn it to the ground, but. :P
I'd say we should burn it to the ground, but. :P
[center][b][b]Day 14:[/b][/b] [item=Pangolin] [b]Pangolin[/b][/center] Scorched Forest is still annoying, but Valan and Farrell are now Level 9, and their brand new Ambushes make things slightly less aggravating. Sabrina's now Level 8 as well, and everyone has a new piece of apparel: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45534537] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497321931205509122/501689869584564226/45534537_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45534169] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497321931205509122/501689908402978846/45534169_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45732246] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497321931205509122/501689980175908864/45732246_350.png[/img] [/url] [s]I swear Valan and Farrell are having a "Most Fabulous in Lair" competition now. :P[/s]
Day 14:

Pangolin
Pangolin

Scorched Forest is still annoying, but Valan and Farrell are now Level 9, and their brand new Ambushes make things slightly less aggravating. Sabrina's now Level 8 as well, and everyone has a new piece of apparel:

45534537_350.png

45534169_350.png

45732246_350.png

I swear Valan and Farrell are having a "Most Fabulous in Lair" competition now. :P
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 322 323