Quests & Challenges
Quests, Challenges, and Festival games
TOPIC | [SFC] Brewin' With Familiars
1 2 3 4 5
@Argante [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/15281.png[/img][/center] Mab rolls her eyes magnificently. "When will you learn not to talk when doffing your hat?" she rasps at Bougainville. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29407854] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/294079/29407854_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The Bogsneak replaces the hat atop his head. "It is polite to thank others for helping you," he recites, as if from a schoolbook. "Anyway, it was a very pretty rock. What other pretty things can we make? Come on, you can choose the next one." He and Mab banter for a few more seconds, and then Mab chooses some Star Moss. Bougainville's face lights up. "Maybe we can make something that tastes better both in the daytime [i]and[/i] at night!" They present the Star Moss to Peaches. [center][item=star moss][/center]
@Argante
15281.png
Mab rolls her eyes magnificently. "When will you learn not to talk when doffing your hat?" she rasps at Bougainville. The Bogsneak replaces the hat atop his head. "It is polite to thank others for helping you," he recites, as if from a schoolbook. "Anyway, it was a very pretty rock. What other pretty things can we make? Come on, you can choose the next one."

He and Mab banter for a few more seconds, and then Mab chooses some Star Moss. Bougainville's face lights up. "Maybe we can make something that tastes better both in the daytime and at night!" They present the Star Moss to Peaches.
254672shop_aff1b.png .. {Free} bio resources
{LF}
UM Great Revival Affiliates

female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Jaspernoir
After a moment of waiting, the cauldron began to glow- and in a hurry Charoite quickly put a net over the liquids as they materialized into a hive of white lace honey bees, with the remaining sludge turned red and hardened into something between a solid and liquid.

"Here ya go Lemonade, some new bees and... Looks like red sludge too!" Charoite smiled, the pearlcatcher handing the net (now in a jar) and the sludge (in a seperate container) to the nocturne while her familiar gave an approving glance from a perch.

(message being sent in just a moment~)
@Jaspernoir
After a moment of waiting, the cauldron began to glow- and in a hurry Charoite quickly put a net over the liquids as they materialized into a hive of white lace honey bees, with the remaining sludge turned red and hardened into something between a solid and liquid.

"Here ya go Lemonade, some new bees and... Looks like red sludge too!" Charoite smiled, the pearlcatcher handing the net (now in a jar) and the sludge (in a seperate container) to the nocturne while her familiar gave an approving glance from a perch.

(message being sent in just a moment~)
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_251.png ~+3 hrs FR Time
~I'm Very Awkward, Just Ignore It
~Guinea Pig Owner
dangerouswinters.png
@MitraSunshine [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43142459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/431425/43142459_350.png[/img] [/url] Flamesoul gave Charoite a nod. "That should do the trick," he said with a smile, as he continued to stir the pot. "Yes, I think this is almost... what are you doing?" At that moment, his Conflagrant Ambassador took a lock of his hair and throw it in the cauldron along with all the other ingredients, uttering a few words in his Beastclan tongue as he did. Did the manticore know something about alchemy that the Skydancer didn't? "Huh... well, I guess we'll just go with this and see what happens," Flamesoul said, shrugging. "Alchemy does involve a lot of experimentation, after all. Let's finish this up, shall we?"
@MitraSunshine


43142459_350.png


Flamesoul gave Charoite a nod. "That should do the trick," he said with a smile, as he continued to stir the pot. "Yes, I think this is almost... what are you doing?" At that moment, his Conflagrant Ambassador took a lock of his hair and throw it in the cauldron along with all the other ingredients, uttering a few words in his Beastclan tongue as he did. Did the manticore know something about alchemy that the Skydancer didn't?

"Huh... well, I guess we'll just go with this and see what happens," Flamesoul said, shrugging. "Alchemy does involve a lot of experimentation, after all. Let's finish this up, shall we?"
xpP2XdL.png
@Disillusionist

((Hello I put googly eyes on my bogsneak and I honestly feel so complete right now.))

Flower buries her face into the star moss. You sense it is a sign of approval. Probably.

"A great choice!" Peaches says, plopping the moss into a cauldron. "And a most noble goal!"

Flower barks helpfully at the brew, which has turned a sky blue. The liquid freezes, and after a minute of waiting Peaches taps the ice with their tongs. There is a loud cracking noise, and they extract a winterbelle.

"A flower known for its sweetness! That sounds good any time!" they say, offering it to Bougainville.
@Disillusionist

((Hello I put googly eyes on my bogsneak and I honestly feel so complete right now.))

Flower buries her face into the star moss. You sense it is a sign of approval. Probably.

"A great choice!" Peaches says, plopping the moss into a cauldron. "And a most noble goal!"

Flower barks helpfully at the brew, which has turned a sky blue. The liquid freezes, and after a minute of waiting Peaches taps the ice with their tongs. There is a loud cracking noise, and they extract a winterbelle.

"A flower known for its sweetness! That sounds good any time!" they say, offering it to Bougainville.
0QCa9p8.pngA-Super-Storm-100px.pngBk78Myp.pngUXT1mAD.png
@Argante [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3453017][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/34531/3453017p.png[/img][/url][item=fungalhoof qiriq] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1h2g3br1d1xem0r/plaguemidsmall.png[/img][/center] Fayje rummaged through his belongings and brought out a few sparklers and a bag containing half a rocket. "Got a few of these leftover from Flameforger's. Knew you couldn't have too many. As for the rocket, I'm pretty sure our clan's swordsman made the other half into confetti." The Coatl shrugged, untroubled. "No boom, but confetti is still confetti." Fun trotted up to the empty cauldron. The lair's multi-purpose laboratory was one of those areas she wasn't allowed to visit, not that she or Fayje had much reason to. The qiriq tapped the cauldron with a hoof.
@Argante
3453017p.png
plaguemidsmall.png

Fayje rummaged through his belongings and brought out a few sparklers and a bag containing half a rocket.
"Got a few of these leftover from Flameforger's. Knew you couldn't have too many. As for the rocket, I'm pretty sure our clan's swordsman made the other half into confetti." The Coatl shrugged, untroubled. "No boom, but confetti is still confetti."

Fun trotted up to the empty cauldron. The lair's multi-purpose laboratory was one of those areas she wasn't allowed to visit, not that she or Fayje had much reason to. The qiriq tapped the cauldron with a hoof.
zWpJnN2.png merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngjyh70pC.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png 'Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin.' ~Twilight Princess 2uXjxgw.png
@Argante ((He looks great! Looks all set for a week of ravin' stargazin'! 8D ))

"Gooood Flower!" Bougainville croons to Flower. He seems on the verge of tickling Flower for a moment, but then he catches sight of the Winterbelle. "Oh, that is a good flower!"

"Very nice," Mab agrees. She looks more cheerful now. Bougainville accepts the Winterbelle from Peaches and sticks it on top of Mab's frame, where it droops in front of her face.

"Thank you kindly," he says to Peaches (after doffing his hat). "We will take a break for a while." He and Mab sit on the sidelines, talking about the other things they can chuck into cauldrons and observing the others' brews.
@Argante ((He looks great! Looks all set for a week of ravin' stargazin'! 8D ))

"Gooood Flower!" Bougainville croons to Flower. He seems on the verge of tickling Flower for a moment, but then he catches sight of the Winterbelle. "Oh, that is a good flower!"

"Very nice," Mab agrees. She looks more cheerful now. Bougainville accepts the Winterbelle from Peaches and sticks it on top of Mab's frame, where it droops in front of her face.

"Thank you kindly," he says to Peaches (after doffing his hat). "We will take a break for a while." He and Mab sit on the sidelines, talking about the other things they can chuck into cauldrons and observing the others' brews.
254672shop_aff1b.png .. {Free} bio resources
{LF}
UM Great Revival Affiliates

female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Stanzascale "Sounds ideal to me!" Peaches said, gesturing for both to be tossed in. At first nothing happened, as though science itself did not know what to do with this. Then the mixture exploded, showering them all with green, fizzling goo. Flower barked and pounced on a glob. Peaches coughed, waving the smoke away from the cauldron and reaching into the dredges with their tongs. After a brief struggle to free it, they pull out a piece of [b]rhodochrosite[/b]. "Oh! I guess that's one way to make that!" they said, offering it to Fayje. [center][item=rhodochrosite][/center]
@Stanzascale

"Sounds ideal to me!" Peaches said, gesturing for both to be tossed in.

At first nothing happened, as though science itself did not know what to do with this. Then the mixture exploded, showering them all with green, fizzling goo. Flower barked and pounced on a glob.

Peaches coughed, waving the smoke away from the cauldron and reaching into the dredges with their tongs. After a brief struggle to free it, they pull out a piece of rhodochrosite.

"Oh! I guess that's one way to make that!" they said, offering it to Fayje.
0QCa9p8.pngA-Super-Storm-100px.pngBk78Myp.pngUXT1mAD.png
@Argante [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29407854] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/294079/29407854_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] While on their break, Bougainville takes out a snack. He offers some cake to Mab (the crumbs go through the glass and she snaps them up like a goldfish), and also passes some morsels to the skull tied to his leg. Some of the crumbs fall onto his feather boa, and the feathers ripple as it absorbs them. While he and his familiar and clothes are eating, he winkles an insect dumpling out of his bag. "Oh...I don't like this." He offers it to Peaches. "Would you or Flower like to have this one? My clan's bakers made it. Or we could pop it into the cauldron, I think? Would that work?" [center][item=twilight jewel moth][/center]
@Argante While on their break, Bougainville takes out a snack. He offers some cake to Mab (the crumbs go through the glass and she snaps them up like a goldfish), and also passes some morsels to the skull tied to his leg. Some of the crumbs fall onto his feather boa, and the feathers ripple as it absorbs them.

While he and his familiar and clothes are eating, he winkles an insect dumpling out of his bag. "Oh...I don't like this." He offers it to Peaches. "Would you or Flower like to have this one? My clan's bakers made it. Or we could pop it into the cauldron, I think? Would that work?"
254672shop_aff1b.png .. {Free} bio resources
{LF}
UM Great Revival Affiliates

female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Argante [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3453017][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/34531/3453017p.png[/img][/url][item=fungalhoof qiriq] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1h2g3br1d1xem0r/plaguemidsmall.png[/img][/center] Fayje tossed in the fireworks and inhaled in anticipation, his crest vibrating. When a few moments passed with nothing changing, Fun snorted and started to walk around the cauldron. Just as Fayje was trying to remember the advice about staying away from lit fireworks even if they don't seem to be exploding, suddenly all present found themselves covered in fizzing green goo. Fayje flung his arms into the air, sending a few green globules flying, and gave a whoop at the successful experiment. Fun pranced around, and halted to shake the irritation out of her mane. [i]Fizzing[/i] goop wasn't as much fun to her as the non-fizzing kind. "Thanks!" The Coatl accepted the mineral from Peaches and watched it sparkle from a few angles. Fun munched on some grass nearby before trotting off. "Hmm. I wonder if I have anything else." Fayje rummaged until he found a not-entirely-clean battered prawn. "Forgot I had that. Hey, can we try brew some food?" At which point Fun returned with a couple of flowers she'd found. "Guess Fun likes the idea too."
@Argante
3453017p.png
plaguemidsmall.png

Fayje tossed in the fireworks and inhaled in anticipation, his crest vibrating. When a few moments passed with nothing changing, Fun snorted and started to walk around the cauldron.
Just as Fayje was trying to remember the advice about staying away from lit fireworks even if they don't seem to be exploding, suddenly all present found themselves covered in fizzing green goo. Fayje flung his arms into the air, sending a few green globules flying, and gave a whoop at the successful experiment. Fun pranced around, and halted to shake the irritation out of her mane. Fizzing goop wasn't as much fun to her as the non-fizzing kind.

"Thanks!" The Coatl accepted the mineral from Peaches and watched it sparkle from a few angles. Fun munched on some grass nearby before trotting off.
"Hmm. I wonder if I have anything else." Fayje rummaged until he found a not-entirely-clean battered prawn. "Forgot I had that. Hey, can we try brew some food?" At which point Fun returned with a couple of flowers she'd found. "Guess Fun likes the idea too."
zWpJnN2.png merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngjyh70pC.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png 'Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin.' ~Twilight Princess 2uXjxgw.png
@Disillusionist Flower sniffs it, then crinkles her nose. "It looks amazing!" Peaches says. "But I bet it'd make something neat! Let's find out." They take the dumpling and carefully lower it into a fresh cauldron. The liquid begins to boil, a light froth spilling over. It smells of freshly baked bread and a loud droning kicks up for one, two, three moments before going quiet again. The froth fades, and an [b]alder spittlebug[/b] climbs out of the cauldron, fluffing itself slightly and wiggling its wings dry. "... Congratulations on your dumpling coming to life," Peaches says, patting Bougainville on the shoulder. [center][item=alder spittlebug][/center]
@Disillusionist

Flower sniffs it, then crinkles her nose. "It looks amazing!" Peaches says. "But I bet it'd make something neat! Let's find out."

They take the dumpling and carefully lower it into a fresh cauldron. The liquid begins to boil, a light froth spilling over. It smells of freshly baked bread and a loud droning kicks up for one, two, three moments before going quiet again.

The froth fades, and an alder spittlebug climbs out of the cauldron, fluffing itself slightly and wiggling its wings dry.

"... Congratulations on your dumpling coming to life," Peaches says, patting Bougainville on the shoulder.
0QCa9p8.pngA-Super-Storm-100px.pngBk78Myp.pngUXT1mAD.png
1 2 3 4 5