Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TCC] Millennia Merchant Mafia (Done!)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 151 152
Quick thoughts: no vibes yet, but bear opening with a shiptoast makes me want to read more, I could honestly see Lime go either way but rn the terms of endearment are making me want to see more as well.
Quick thoughts: no vibes yet, but bear opening with a shiptoast makes me want to read more, I could honestly see Lime go either way but rn the terms of endearment are making me want to see more as well.

He/him | FRT+1 x
[quote name="nuttysaladtree" date="2018-07-21 17:21:00" ] [quote name="Tsunami21" date="2018-07-21 16:31:12" ] This pings me a bit, especially the bolded. Why did you choose to say this? It's hard to articulate what bothers me here, but it feels off. [/quote] I'm a newbie to any kind of Mafia game whatsoever - and not someone who's good at reading people, in meatspace or otherwise - so looking forward to learning how to scumread from y'all more experienced players.[/quote] I'm surprised to hear this tbh. You're not posting like a newbie! If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that you are excited to see what others think because you're new to mafia? (Also, this is my first game as well!) [quote name-"nuttysaladtree"] [quote name="Tsunami21" date="2018-07-21 16:31:12" ] I mainly like this post. For the bolded: the jump to town!Lime feels very quick. You made it fairly clear that your vote on Lime was essentially RVS, so I... don't see why Lime would react "overly defensive or fearful", regardless of her alignment. [/quote] Good point! I'm likely to change my vote depending on who says what later. I did make that comment very early on. [/quote] So... does this change your Lime read at all? Also, it is assumed that players will "change [their] vote depending on who says what later", so why answer with this? I snipped some quotes to try to cut down on post size
nuttysaladtree wrote on 2018-07-21 17:21:00:
Tsunami21 wrote on 2018-07-21 16:31:12:
This pings me a bit, especially the bolded. Why did you choose to say this?
It's hard to articulate what bothers me here, but it feels off.

I'm a newbie to any kind of Mafia game whatsoever - and not someone who's good at reading people, in meatspace or otherwise - so looking forward to learning how to scumread from y'all more experienced players.

I'm surprised to hear this tbh. You're not posting like a newbie!

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that you are excited to see what others think because you're new to mafia? (Also, this is my first game as well!)
Quote:
Tsunami21 wrote on 2018-07-21 16:31:12:
I mainly like this post. For the bolded: the jump to town!Lime feels very quick. You made it fairly clear that your vote on Lime was essentially RVS, so I... don't see why Lime would react "overly defensive or fearful", regardless of her alignment.

Good point! I'm likely to change my vote depending on who says what later. I did make that comment very early on.
So... does this change your Lime read at all? Also, it is assumed that players will "change [their] vote depending on who says what later", so why answer with this?

I snipped some quotes to try to cut down on post size
:)
she/her, FR +3
[quote name="smilefires" date="2018-07-21 17:33:03" ] [quote name="bear2" date="2018-07-21 17:19:01" ] Smiles how do I read these nerds Also how do I resist the urge to post 200 times [/quote] It gets easier as people show up and make reads, I think. Very early game is hard and we only have like a third of the crowd here anyway. I think I mentioned general activity to you a bit before - this might not be as fast-paced of a game as you're used to. My usual cue for slowing down posting is when I remember it creates more pages and I don't like clicking through the pages. [/quote] That's an interesting interpretation of my question, but a valid one I suppose. Wait, is this the site that doesn't like meta reads?
smilefires wrote on 2018-07-21 17:33:03:
bear2 wrote on 2018-07-21 17:19:01:
Smiles how do I read these nerds

Also how do I resist the urge to post 200 times
It gets easier as people show up and make reads, I think. Very early game is hard and we only have like a third of the crowd here anyway. I think I mentioned general activity to you a bit before - this might not be as fast-paced of a game as you're used to.

My usual cue for slowing down posting is when I remember it creates more pages and I don't like clicking through the pages.

That's an interesting interpretation of my question, but a valid one I suppose. Wait, is this the site that doesn't like meta reads?
I mentioned myself >_>

Huh, didn't realize how many first-timers were in the game. Welcome! It might be a rather complex first game to pick but it should be pretty fun.
I mentioned myself >_>

Huh, didn't realize how many first-timers were in the game. Welcome! It might be a rather complex first game to pick but it should be pretty fun.
@bear2, do you have thoughts on the game so far?
@bear2, do you have thoughts on the game so far?
she/her, FR +3
[quote name="bear2" date="2018-07-21 17:46:41" ] [quote name="smilefires" date="2018-07-21 17:33:03" ] [quote name="bear2" date="2018-07-21 17:19:01" ] Smiles how do I read these nerds Also how do I resist the urge to post 200 times [/quote] It gets easier as people show up and make reads, I think. Very early game is hard and we only have like a third of the crowd here anyway. I think I mentioned general activity to you a bit before - this might not be as fast-paced of a game as you're used to. My usual cue for slowing down posting is when I remember it creates more pages and I don't like clicking through the pages. [/quote] That's an interesting interpretation of my question, but a valid one I suppose. Wait, is this the site that doesn't like meta reads? [/quote] Oh, if you meant meta...I actually don't know a lot of them or have like, also one whole game of background. Sorry! Most of my postcount here is just one game from 3 months ago. Yeah there are some people who don't like meta here, though I think the strongest voices against it might be in spec chat this time.
bear2 wrote on 2018-07-21 17:46:41:
smilefires wrote on 2018-07-21 17:33:03:
bear2 wrote on 2018-07-21 17:19:01:
Smiles how do I read these nerds

Also how do I resist the urge to post 200 times
It gets easier as people show up and make reads, I think. Very early game is hard and we only have like a third of the crowd here anyway. I think I mentioned general activity to you a bit before - this might not be as fast-paced of a game as you're used to.

My usual cue for slowing down posting is when I remember it creates more pages and I don't like clicking through the pages.

That's an interesting interpretation of my question, but a valid one I suppose. Wait, is this the site that doesn't like meta reads?
Oh, if you meant meta...I actually don't know a lot of them or have like, also one whole game of background. Sorry! Most of my postcount here is just one game from 3 months ago.

Yeah there are some people who don't like meta here, though I think the strongest voices against it might be in spec chat this time.
[quote name="@Reshiramu" date="2018-07-21 17:37:55" ] Quick thoughts: no vibes yet, but bear opening with a shiptoast makes me want to read more,I could honestly see Lime go either way [b]but rn the terms of endearment are making me want to see more as well.[/b] [/quote] Could you elaborate on what you mean by the bolded? I think her use of "terms of endearment" is throwing me off a bit; I'm curious as to what they make you think of Lime?
@Reshiramu wrote on 2018-07-21 17:37:55:
Quick thoughts: no vibes yet, but bear opening with a shiptoast makes me want to read more,I could honestly see Lime go either way but rn the terms of endearment are making me want to see more as well.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by the bolded? I think her use of "terms of endearment" is throwing me off a bit; I'm curious as to what they make you think of Lime?
she/her, FR +3
[quote name="Reshiramu" date="2018-07-21 17:37:55" ] Quick thoughts: no vibes yet, but bear opening with a shiptoast makes me want to read more, I could honestly see Lime go either way but rn the terms of endearment are making me want to see more as well. [/quote] Is wanting to read more a good sign or a bad sign here?
Reshiramu wrote on 2018-07-21 17:37:55:
Is wanting to read more a good sign or a bad sign here?
@Tsunami21 the terms of endearment are a bit odd to me, personally. I don't remember Lime doing this in prior games, but Lime was also scum there.

@smilefires I'm... not 100% sure if it's good or bad? I just know I'd really like to see more posts, so iffy?
@Tsunami21 the terms of endearment are a bit odd to me, personally. I don't remember Lime doing this in prior games, but Lime was also scum there.

@smilefires I'm... not 100% sure if it's good or bad? I just know I'd really like to see more posts, so iffy?

He/him | FRT+1 x
Hello, just finished DMing for the game Kirk messaged. She died btw. Dragon ate her.
Hello, just finished DMing for the game Kirk messaged. She died btw. Dragon ate her.
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

Accents | Lore | Wishlist
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 151 152