Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TCC] Millennia Merchant Mafia (Done!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 151 152
Yaaaay! It's game time! Hello everyone! I'm Cheshly. I'm FR +2. I should be fairly active on all days except Wednesday as it's my birthday. I'm real excited for a great game!
Yaaaay! It's game time! Hello everyone! I'm Cheshly. I'm FR +2. I should be fairly active on all days except Wednesday as it's my birthday. I'm real excited for a great game!

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@nuttysaladtree Funny. is that cause I posted first? How cute
@nuttysaladtree Funny. is that cause I posted first? How cute
@Cheshly, happy early birthday!

@Limelight, maaaaaybe? ;) I want to see if anyone jumps on the wagon or starts being a giant angry squid - that'll probably give more info for a better vote. Today's an extra long day, so gotta take advantage of that vote thread!

On that note: What do you think of people here so far? As I said, not a lot to go on. But since we're talking, maybe I can pick your brains if you're willing? I don't have many thoughts so far, since we're kind of still introducing ourselves. I like your reaction, though. Not overly defensive or fearful...so you're probably town.
@Cheshly, happy early birthday!

@Limelight, maaaaaybe? ;) I want to see if anyone jumps on the wagon or starts being a giant angry squid - that'll probably give more info for a better vote. Today's an extra long day, so gotta take advantage of that vote thread!

On that note: What do you think of people here so far? As I said, not a lot to go on. But since we're talking, maybe I can pick your brains if you're willing? I don't have many thoughts so far, since we're kind of still introducing ourselves. I like your reaction, though. Not overly defensive or fearful...so you're probably town.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the seer. When it becomes prudent I will provide my peek.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the seer. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the seer cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of
them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 11 players you need to try to read, rather than 12: I have already provided a "free" peek of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the seer, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of oding this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.
A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the seer. When it becomes prudent I will provide my peek.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the seer. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the seer cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of
them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 11 players you need to try to read, rather than 12: I have already provided a "free" peek of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the seer, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of oding this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.
Hi nutty! (Is this a good nickname for you?) [quote name="@nuttysaladtree" date="2018-07-21 16:10:49" ] Happy scumhunting, everyone! [b]Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.[/b] Lockdown is bound to be exciting with all the role madness :3 [/quote] This pings me a bit, especially the bolded. Why did you choose to say this? It's hard to articulate what bothers me here, but it feels off. [quote name="nuttysaladtree" date="2018-07-21 16:21:10" ] On that note: What do you think of people here so far? As I said, not a lot to go on. But since we're talking, maybe I can pick your brains if you're willing? I don't have many thoughts so far, since we're kind of still introducing ourselves. [b]I like your reaction, though. Not overly defensive or fearful...so you're probably town.[/b] [/quote] I mainly like this post. For the bolded: the jump to town!Lime feels very quick. You made it fairly clear that your vote on Lime was essentially RVS, so I... don't see why Lime would react "overly defensive or fearful", regardless of her alignment.
Hi nutty! (Is this a good nickname for you?)
@nuttysaladtree wrote on 2018-07-21 16:10:49:
Happy scumhunting, everyone! Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks. Lockdown is bound to be exciting with all the role madness :3
This pings me a bit, especially the bolded. Why did you choose to say this?
It's hard to articulate what bothers me here, but it feels off.
nuttysaladtree wrote on 2018-07-21 16:21:10:

I mainly like this post. For the bolded: the jump to town!Lime feels very quick. You made it fairly clear that your vote on Lime was essentially RVS, so I... don't see why Lime would react "overly defensive or fearful", regardless of her alignment.
:)
she/her, FR +3
Bear pls

Also happy early birthday, Cheshly!
Bear pls

Also happy early birthday, Cheshly!
:)
she/her, FR +3
Doesn't that meme predate you, bear?

Also, Day 0 :thinking:

Hi folks, smiles works as a short name for me if you like, he/him, FR +3. I'm more of an afternoon/night owl. I've played one whole fest game before but this is my first time playing from start.

Hi folks, smiles works as a short name for me if you like, he/him, FR +3. I'm more of an afternoon/night owl. I've played one whole fest game before but this is my first time playing from start.
[quote name="smilefires" date="2018-07-21 16:33:07" ] Also, Day 0 :thinking: [/quote] Remind me after dnd to fix that
smilefires wrote on 2018-07-21 16:33:07:
Remind me after dnd to fix that
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
[quote name="smilefires" date="2018-07-21 16:33:07" ] Doesn't that meme predate you, bear? Also, Day 0 :thinking: Hi folks, smiles works as a short name for me if you like, he/him, FR +3. I'm more of an afternoon/night owl. I've played one whole fest game before but this is my first time playing from start. [/quote] That meme very much predates me, but it's a good conversation starter. (Why you gotta out me like that so early?)
smilefires wrote on 2018-07-21 16:33:07:

That meme very much predates me, but it's a good conversation starter. (Why you gotta out me like that so early?)
[quote name="Tsunami21" date="2018-07-21 16:31:12" ] I mainly like this post. For the bolded: the jump to town!Lime feels very quick. You made it fairly clear that your vote on Lime was essentially RVS, so I... don't see why Lime would react "overly defensive or fearful", regardless of her alignment. [/quote] Yeah, stated RVS doesn't really do anything. Although it doesn't seem like you like much about the post if that's what you're saying about it.
Tsunami21 wrote on 2018-07-21 16:31:12:
I mainly like this post. For the bolded: the jump to town!Lime feels very quick. You made it fairly clear that your vote on Lime was essentially RVS, so I... don't see why Lime would react "overly defensive or fearful", regardless of her alignment.
Yeah, stated RVS doesn't really do anything.

Although it doesn't seem like you like much about the post if that's what you're saying about it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 151 152