Quests & Challenges
Quests, Challenges, and Festival games
TOPIC | Personal quest: Making gene guides
The best way to see what gene and color combos are ideal for your tastes is to have them all listed in one place. Some other people have made such guides, but many were not yet made. I decided to step in and fill the void.

Finished gene guides:

Make giant compilation posts of these images?

Collaborate with other guide makers to add to their guides?

Contributed comparison graphics for:
Contributed scries for Vipera/Hypnotic

DONE! Needs a comparison graphic added:

Ones that still need a guide: DONE!

Capsule DONE!
Crackle DONE!
Ghost? DONE!
Pinstripe & Trail DONE!
Smirch? DONE!
Smoke DONE!
Stained DONE!
Thylacine (updated to the current color wheel) DONE!
Underbelly DONE!
Basic primary and secondary DONE!

My journey started on December 31st, 2017, with the posting of the Speckle & Freckle guide.

Credits: ChessieSmiles for the template. BeardedDragon123 for putting together the Comprehensive Gene Guide.

Eye guide:
Eye types visual guide (covers the original 8 eye types, may cover more as more types are released)
The best way to see what gene and color combos are ideal for your tastes is to have them all listed in one place. Some other people have made such guides, but many were not yet made. I decided to step in and fill the void.

Finished gene guides:

Make giant compilation posts of these images?

Collaborate with other guide makers to add to their guides?

Contributed comparison graphics for:
Contributed scries for Vipera/Hypnotic

DONE! Needs a comparison graphic added:

Ones that still need a guide: DONE!

Capsule DONE!
Crackle DONE!
Ghost? DONE!
Pinstripe & Trail DONE!
Smirch? DONE!
Smoke DONE!
Stained DONE!
Thylacine (updated to the current color wheel) DONE!
Underbelly DONE!
Basic primary and secondary DONE!

My journey started on December 31st, 2017, with the posting of the Speckle & Freckle guide.

Credits: ChessieSmiles for the template. BeardedDragon123 for putting together the Comprehensive Gene Guide.

Eye guide:
Eye types visual guide (covers the original 8 eye types, may cover more as more types are released)
This site has endless variety, but it's a pain to manually scry to see it. I think that tools like gene guides unlock the full potential of this site, and I'm grateful for the other users that have made their own. Since few guides were made, I wanted to expedite the process by creating my own. My hope is that many users will use these guides to find the perfect gene/color combos for their liking.

And now, after making 25 guides, it looks like my work is over. All genes now have a full colorwheel guide on the Flight Rising forums. I might make guides for new genes, but usually other users will jump to make ones for new genes.

My journey ended January 26th, 2018, with the posting of the Capsule guide. Averaged out, I made about one guide a day, but Iridescent & Shimmer took much longer. On some days, I made two guides.

From here on out, I'll be trying to polish up my existing guides. I'm also investigating whether I can collaborate with other guide makers to add their to guides.
This site has endless variety, but it's a pain to manually scry to see it. I think that tools like gene guides unlock the full potential of this site, and I'm grateful for the other users that have made their own. Since few guides were made, I wanted to expedite the process by creating my own. My hope is that many users will use these guides to find the perfect gene/color combos for their liking.

And now, after making 25 guides, it looks like my work is over. All genes now have a full colorwheel guide on the Flight Rising forums. I might make guides for new genes, but usually other users will jump to make ones for new genes.

My journey ended January 26th, 2018, with the posting of the Capsule guide. Averaged out, I made about one guide a day, but Iridescent & Shimmer took much longer. On some days, I made two guides.

From here on out, I'll be trying to polish up my existing guides. I'm also investigating whether I can collaborate with other guide makers to add their to guides.
The site added eye varieties today that work similarly to genes. They aren't quite genes, but I'll roll them into this category.

I immediately went to work to make a comprehensive guide for all 8 eye types at launch. I'm not sure if I can keep up as new eye types are inevitably released, but this is a good foundation.
The site added eye varieties today that work similarly to genes. They aren't quite genes, but I'll roll them into this category.

I immediately went to work to make a comprehensive guide for all 8 eye types at launch. I'm not sure if I can keep up as new eye types are inevitably released, but this is a good foundation.
It's been a long time since I've done one of these, but I've been roused with the new gaoler genes.
It's been a long time since I've done one of these, but I've been roused with the new gaoler genes.