Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Ganon fails to lose another Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20
[size=5][b]Day 85: The Caravan[/b][/size] Another trinket, let's keep going! But first, I have a nest to hatch, a whopping 4 eggs to follow Darter and Magiere's previous nest, which was a 5-egger. And guess what? All 4 babies survived. [i]Help me.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40532465][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/405325/40532465.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40532466][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/405325/40532466.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40532467][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/405325/40532467.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40532468][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/405325/40532468.png[/img][/url] [item=Battered Laser Coil] Leading the way to the traders, it took Claude longer on foot to reach them than going by wing, and the sun was fully visible over the distant treeline by the time he reached the north-eastern gate. The Tundra was rushing around, packing up and tying down the shop-wagons, while Peata was working on getting Blackwater secured to the harness. "There you are! About time, slowpoke!" Blackwater called to him. "Sorry, I had to travel on foot, not nearly as fast as flying," Claude responded, trying to keep his tone civil. No point in losing the only job they had. "As you can see, my friends are with me today." "Well, we ain't pay-" Blackwater started, but was quickly interrupted by Peata, who interjected with "a-actually, we had agreed that it would be wise to have a larger group, in order to prevent more attacks." Blackwater looked to bite Peata's head off, either metaphorically or literally, but after a moment, gave a snort. "Here's the deal," Peata continued, ignoring his business partner, "For you, Mr. Claude, since you'd be hauling, we'll pay you a daily wage of two thousand treasure, as well as food and shelter. For the rest, food and shelter is on us and you are welcome to travel with us, and should we be attacked, we will gladly pay 500 per head for any you take down." The Tundra, Star, marched up with a big scroll. "'Tis the agreement of employment, mister, if you find this agreeable." Claude glanced at Lasciel, to see if he had any considerations. Lasciel shrugged. "Better than some deals I've had to take in the past." So Claude took the large feather quill, and wrote down his name. "Alright, we've wasted enough time already! Let's get in the harness and go!" Blackwater barked from her position in the harness of the first wagon-shop. Claude moved over to the second, and Peata hastily helped him into it, taking his bags to carry instead. "So... what does happen if we get attacked? How would I move around in this to fight?" Claude asked. Peata sighed. "That's how I got injured in the first place. But hopefully, with more company, that'll give us enough time for you two to get out of the harnesses while we hold 'em off as long as we can. But, really, it was very strange we were attacked at all. I've been doing this route for years and never had an issue, or ever heard another trader have an issue. Supposed to be safe, this area." Claude nodded, but Blackwater, ahead, had had enough of waiting around, and impatiently started to march, causing her wagon to lurch forward as Star gave an alarmed squeak as he scrambled to fix whatever had dislodged on it. "Everyone on foot or wing! We don't need to be carrying your extra weight!" Blackwater called. Claude heard a tiny sigh come from Flameheart, and she lazily fluttered from his shoulder to Lasciel's.
Day 85: The Caravan
Another trinket, let's keep going! But first, I have a nest to hatch, a whopping 4 eggs to follow Darter and Magiere's previous nest, which was a 5-egger. And guess what? All 4 babies survived. Help me.
40532465.png40532466.png40532467.png40532468.png

Battered Laser Coil

Leading the way to the traders, it took Claude longer on foot to reach them than going by wing, and the sun was fully visible over the distant treeline by the time he reached the north-eastern gate. The Tundra was rushing around, packing up and tying down the shop-wagons, while Peata was working on getting Blackwater secured to the harness. "There you are! About time, slowpoke!" Blackwater called to him.

"Sorry, I had to travel on foot, not nearly as fast as flying," Claude responded, trying to keep his tone civil. No point in losing the only job they had. "As you can see, my friends are with me today."

"Well, we ain't pay-" Blackwater started, but was quickly interrupted by Peata, who interjected with "a-actually, we had agreed that it would be wise to have a larger group, in order to prevent more attacks." Blackwater looked to bite Peata's head off, either metaphorically or literally, but after a moment, gave a snort.

"Here's the deal," Peata continued, ignoring his business partner, "For you, Mr. Claude, since you'd be hauling, we'll pay you a daily wage of two thousand treasure, as well as food and shelter. For the rest, food and shelter is on us and you are welcome to travel with us, and should we be attacked, we will gladly pay 500 per head for any you take down."

The Tundra, Star, marched up with a big scroll. "'Tis the agreement of employment, mister, if you find this agreeable." Claude glanced at Lasciel, to see if he had any considerations. Lasciel shrugged. "Better than some deals I've had to take in the past." So Claude took the large feather quill, and wrote down his name.

"Alright, we've wasted enough time already! Let's get in the harness and go!" Blackwater barked from her position in the harness of the first wagon-shop. Claude moved over to the second, and Peata hastily helped him into it, taking his bags to carry instead. "So... what does happen if we get attacked? How would I move around in this to fight?" Claude asked.

Peata sighed. "That's how I got injured in the first place. But hopefully, with more company, that'll give us enough time for you two to get out of the harnesses while we hold 'em off as long as we can. But, really, it was very strange we were attacked at all. I've been doing this route for years and never had an issue, or ever heard another trader have an issue. Supposed to be safe, this area."

Claude nodded, but Blackwater, ahead, had had enough of waiting around, and impatiently started to march, causing her wagon to lurch forward as Star gave an alarmed squeak as he scrambled to fix whatever had dislodged on it. "Everyone on foot or wing! We don't need to be carrying your extra weight!" Blackwater called. Claude heard a tiny sigh come from Flameheart, and she lazily fluttered from his shoulder to Lasciel's.
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 86: Tragedy[/b][/size] More writing. Oof. [item=Clown Charger Fin] As the city of Nihourlas disappeared in the trees behind them, suddenly Yorikiro perked up, exclaiming loudly, "what about Boris?" "Oh..." Claude had almost forgotten the quiet, introverted Spiral, who had wanted nothing to do with the city, "huh, that's a good question. Well, I can't go flying around bellowing his name now. Hopefully he was watching the gates, waiting for us." "Well, I can do that!" Yorikiro looked thoroughly pleased by the idea of flying around, yelling. "Yorikiro, no! There are eggs inside you, you need to be careful! No extravagant..." Amaram tried to stop her, but Yorikiro took off before her mother could finish her sentence. "Oh, that stupid child is going to lose her eggs! And I can't chase after her because, well, I also am carrying an egg." Looking defeated, Amaram draped herself over Lasciel's shoulders. Glancing back at them, Claude could spy Flameheart pointedly sitting lower on Lasciel's back and staring in the opposite direction, headcrest straight back. "Then let's hope she finds Boris, at least? So that it won't have been in vain?" Claude suggested. All day, Yorikiro was gone, except for the occasional fly-by as she checked to make sure she knew where they were, and to let them know of her lack of success so far. Then, in the evening, just as Blackwater had called a stop for the night, Yorikiro darted back, crying and hysterical. Claude could smell the sharp scent of blood on her, and quickly everyone small rushed around her, trying to figure out what happened, as Peata helped the two Imperials out of their harnesses, all three glancing down at the rest. "Agh, everyone, back up, give us some room. Oh, Yorikiro, what have you done?" Amaram shouted, and Star and Lasciel quickly shuffled back, Flameheart staying next to the two Spirals as she cast a small, but bright flame for light. Now, Claude could see more clearly what was going on: blood coated Yorikiro from her belly to halfway down her tail, her body wracked by spasms, as she desperately held onto a little round object, a tiny, shriveled egg that was clearly not ready to hatch, Yorikiro sobbing incoherently. "I tried to warn you, but you took off anyway," Amaram murmured, but there was no anger in her voice, only sorrow. "How about some privacy? Ugh, you're all rude, staring at this tragedy," Blackwater grumbled, freed from her harness. Shoving her way through, she flopped down next to the three, and spread her wing over them like a tent, and then barked orders for boiling water and preparing food, as the rest hustled to get the camp organized. For the rest of the evening, Amaram and Yorikiro did not emerge from under Blackwater's wing, though Flameheart did, first carrying food to the Spirals, and then joining the rest around the campfire. "She lost two eggs," Flameheart murmured, "and a lot of blood and strength." Lasciel looked desperately towards the now-dark crevice under Blackwater, but didn't try to approach. With the somber mood, no one felt like talking much, and quickly, everyone tucked in for the night.
Day 86: Tragedy
More writing. Oof.
Clown Charger Fin

As the city of Nihourlas disappeared in the trees behind them, suddenly Yorikiro perked up, exclaiming loudly, "what about Boris?"

"Oh..." Claude had almost forgotten the quiet, introverted Spiral, who had wanted nothing to do with the city, "huh, that's a good question. Well, I can't go flying around bellowing his name now. Hopefully he was watching the gates, waiting for us."

"Well, I can do that!" Yorikiro looked thoroughly pleased by the idea of flying around, yelling. "Yorikiro, no! There are eggs inside you, you need to be careful! No extravagant..." Amaram tried to stop her, but Yorikiro took off before her mother could finish her sentence. "Oh, that stupid child is going to lose her eggs! And I can't chase after her because, well, I also am carrying an egg." Looking defeated, Amaram draped herself over Lasciel's shoulders. Glancing back at them, Claude could spy Flameheart pointedly sitting lower on Lasciel's back and staring in the opposite direction, headcrest straight back.

"Then let's hope she finds Boris, at least? So that it won't have been in vain?" Claude suggested.

All day, Yorikiro was gone, except for the occasional fly-by as she checked to make sure she knew where they were, and to let them know of her lack of success so far.

Then, in the evening, just as Blackwater had called a stop for the night, Yorikiro darted back, crying and hysterical. Claude could smell the sharp scent of blood on her, and quickly everyone small rushed around her, trying to figure out what happened, as Peata helped the two Imperials out of their harnesses, all three glancing down at the rest.

"Agh, everyone, back up, give us some room. Oh, Yorikiro, what have you done?" Amaram shouted, and Star and Lasciel quickly shuffled back, Flameheart staying next to the two Spirals as she cast a small, but bright flame for light. Now, Claude could see more clearly what was going on: blood coated Yorikiro from her belly to halfway down her tail, her body wracked by spasms, as she desperately held onto a little round object, a tiny, shriveled egg that was clearly not ready to hatch, Yorikiro sobbing incoherently. "I tried to warn you, but you took off anyway," Amaram murmured, but there was no anger in her voice, only sorrow.

"How about some privacy? Ugh, you're all rude, staring at this tragedy," Blackwater grumbled, freed from her harness. Shoving her way through, she flopped down next to the three, and spread her wing over them like a tent, and then barked orders for boiling water and preparing food, as the rest hustled to get the camp organized. For the rest of the evening, Amaram and Yorikiro did not emerge from under Blackwater's wing, though Flameheart did, first carrying food to the Spirals, and then joining the rest around the campfire. "She lost two eggs," Flameheart murmured, "and a lot of blood and strength." Lasciel looked desperately towards the now-dark crevice under Blackwater, but didn't try to approach.

With the somber mood, no one felt like talking much, and quickly, everyone tucked in for the night.
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 87: The Morning After[/b][/size] Agh, it's been a while. I've been so swamped with... everything, that sitting down and writing has not been a thing I could do. But let's see if I can get something done. Let's find out what happens to Yorikiro. [item=White Linen Fabric Scrap] In defiance of the previous night's horrible events, the day woke up bright and cheerful, with birds chirping loudly in the canopy above, and a nice, warm breeze wafting through the jungle. Blackwater greeted it with a loud groan. "Great, a hot day. [i]Perfect[/i] for hauling a wagon all day. Ugh." Glancing down at her still-extended wing, she mumbled, "how's it going down there?" Amaram peeked her head out from under the wing. "Give us a few minutes, thank you, Blackheart." So while the rest shuffled around putting together a breakfast, Blackheart stayed put, until Amaram re-emerged, this time with a very droopy-looking Yorikiro, still sniffling and red-eyed. Claude had never seen the energetic Spiral look so exhausted. Wordlessly crawling over to her father, Yorikiro climbed onto Lasciel's back, to curl up at the base of his neck. Amaram flitted up and looped herself around Yorikiro's form. "How are you, Yorikiro?" Lasciel asked, craning around to get a glimpse at his daughter. Yorikiro only mumbled something incoherent. "Still upset," Amaram answered for her, "and still grieving, so give her time. I've already laid the lost ones to rest." "Dare I ask if you found the one you were looking for?" Blackwater asked gently. Yorikiro shook her head. "He was... nowhere..." Lasciel sighed. "Well, that's his own fault. He was the one who wanted to split off, so he's off on his own adventure now, I guess. Don't worry too much about him. I'm sure that fellow can take care of himself." "And speaking of adventure, eat up, everyone; we've got ground to cover." Blackwater lifted herself to her feet, and Claude followed suit. Finishing their morning meal (Yorikiro had none), and getting into the harnesses, it was about midmorning by the time the group moved off again.
Day 87: The Morning After
Agh, it's been a while. I've been so swamped with... everything, that sitting down and writing has not been a thing I could do. But let's see if I can get something done. Let's find out what happens to Yorikiro.
White Linen Fabric Scrap

In defiance of the previous night's horrible events, the day woke up bright and cheerful, with birds chirping loudly in the canopy above, and a nice, warm breeze wafting through the jungle.

Blackwater greeted it with a loud groan. "Great, a hot day. Perfect for hauling a wagon all day. Ugh." Glancing down at her still-extended wing, she mumbled, "how's it going down there?"

Amaram peeked her head out from under the wing. "Give us a few minutes, thank you, Blackheart." So while the rest shuffled around putting together a breakfast, Blackheart stayed put, until Amaram re-emerged, this time with a very droopy-looking Yorikiro, still sniffling and red-eyed. Claude had never seen the energetic Spiral look so exhausted. Wordlessly crawling over to her father, Yorikiro climbed onto Lasciel's back, to curl up at the base of his neck. Amaram flitted up and looped herself around Yorikiro's form. "How are you, Yorikiro?" Lasciel asked, craning around to get a glimpse at his daughter. Yorikiro only mumbled something incoherent. "Still upset," Amaram answered for her, "and still grieving, so give her time. I've already laid the lost ones to rest."

"Dare I ask if you found the one you were looking for?" Blackwater asked gently. Yorikiro shook her head. "He was... nowhere..."

Lasciel sighed. "Well, that's his own fault. He was the one who wanted to split off, so he's off on his own adventure now, I guess. Don't worry too much about him. I'm sure that fellow can take care of himself."

"And speaking of adventure, eat up, everyone; we've got ground to cover." Blackwater lifted herself to her feet, and Claude followed suit. Finishing their morning meal (Yorikiro had none), and getting into the harnesses, it was about midmorning by the time the group moved off again.
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 88: Food poisoning?[/b][/size] A trinket! Well, that's slightly different from a material. But the first roll got a 5, so nothing happens. Welp! [item=Showy Bells] [size=5][b]Day 89: Food poisoning![/b][/size] And another trinket. This time, we got a 4, so the plant-eaters may be in trouble. Bloodburner, Blackwater both rolled 1s on their dice. Oh boy. [item=Tallow Candle] [size=5][b]Day 90: Blackwater's Bio[/b][/size] Alright, another material. But first, let's roll for the potentially sick dragons. Neither got another 1. Good for them, they don't die. Bad for me, I don't get my lair space back. Now, because I am not sure where to go next with this story, I shall resume writing bios; this time, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40193843]Blackwater's bio[/url], as I think her story is probably the most obvious, ha ha. [item=Fortification Agate] [size=5][b]Day 91: Battle![/b][/size] Oh goody, a food item! Today, we'll be doing 34 battles with... Furyfang, Bloodburner, and Laine. Levels 6, 4, and 5. Darn, Training Fields with 2 tanks. This is going to be slow. [item=Pastel Scallop] And of course, everyone survives. Bloodburner got to level 5, only because he was already so close. [size=5][b]Day 92: Poisoning?[/b][/size] Another trinket. We got a 6 though. Moving on! [item=Gladiator's Warhorn] [size=5][b]Day 93: Battle![/b][/size] Just a plant, so just 14 matches. With who? Looks like Yorikiro, Tinyhawk, and Darter. 4, 1, and 7. Woodland Path might just be able to take out someone in this group. [item=Amber Algae] Well, not for lack of trying, but nothing in the Woodland Path managed to take a dragon down. Interestingly, on the first battle, I got a Cockatrice Crate, and in just the 14 battles, I also got 2 familiars. [size=5][b]Day 94: Poisoning![/b][/size] Another trinket. And once again, plants are no fun to eat today. This time, Startoucher got a 1. Oh boy, D4s are... bad odds for surviving. [item=Ghostly Aura] [size=5][b]Day 95: Poisoning again![/b][/size] Suddenly: Trinkets. First, let's see if Startoucher survives. He does. Huzzah? Now, today's food to avoid is meat. And we have a lot of meat-eaters here. Oh man, Darter, Dantris, Sneak, and Tinyhawk all got 1s. Oh boy. [item=Fossilized Fish] [size=5][b]Day 96: Battle![/b][/size] An Insect today, so today we shall battle. But first, we have four sick dragons to roll for. ...They all lived. How disappointing. Alright, onto the battles: 29 battles with... Boris, Steelwind, and Bloodburner. Boris is still only level 6, so we're still in the Training Fields. Darn. [item=Scorpion Fly] Well, that was easy, and EXP was slow: It took 7 battles for Steelwind to get to level 2, and we were on the 28th battle by the time she reached level 3. [size=5][b]Day 97: Poisoning?[/b][/size] Another trinket, another 6, moving on. [item=Ebon-Edged Spear] [size=5][b]Day 98: Poisoning??[/b][/size] And one more trinket! ...And a 5, so nothing happens. [item=Spikeshell Cover]
Day 88: Food poisoning?
A trinket! Well, that's slightly different from a material. But the first roll got a 5, so nothing happens. Welp!
Showy Bells

Day 89: Food poisoning!
And another trinket. This time, we got a 4, so the plant-eaters may be in trouble. Bloodburner, Blackwater both rolled 1s on their dice. Oh boy.
Tallow Candle

Day 90: Blackwater's Bio
Alright, another material. But first, let's roll for the potentially sick dragons. Neither got another 1. Good for them, they don't die. Bad for me, I don't get my lair space back. Now, because I am not sure where to go next with this story, I shall resume writing bios; this time, Blackwater's bio, as I think her story is probably the most obvious, ha ha.
Fortification Agate

Day 91: Battle!
Oh goody, a food item! Today, we'll be doing 34 battles with... Furyfang, Bloodburner, and Laine. Levels 6, 4, and 5. Darn, Training Fields with 2 tanks. This is going to be slow.
Pastel Scallop
And of course, everyone survives. Bloodburner got to level 5, only because he was already so close.

Day 92: Poisoning?
Another trinket. We got a 6 though. Moving on!
Gladiator's Warhorn

Day 93: Battle!
Just a plant, so just 14 matches. With who? Looks like Yorikiro, Tinyhawk, and Darter. 4, 1, and 7. Woodland Path might just be able to take out someone in this group.
Amber Algae
Well, not for lack of trying, but nothing in the Woodland Path managed to take a dragon down. Interestingly, on the first battle, I got a Cockatrice Crate, and in just the 14 battles, I also got 2 familiars.

Day 94: Poisoning!
Another trinket. And once again, plants are no fun to eat today. This time, Startoucher got a 1. Oh boy, D4s are... bad odds for surviving.
Ghostly Aura

Day 95: Poisoning again!
Suddenly: Trinkets. First, let's see if Startoucher survives. He does. Huzzah? Now, today's food to avoid is meat. And we have a lot of meat-eaters here. Oh man, Darter, Dantris, Sneak, and Tinyhawk all got 1s. Oh boy.
Fossilized Fish

Day 96: Battle!
An Insect today, so today we shall battle. But first, we have four sick dragons to roll for. ...They all lived. How disappointing. Alright, onto the battles: 29 battles with... Boris, Steelwind, and Bloodburner. Boris is still only level 6, so we're still in the Training Fields. Darn.
Scorpion Fly
Well, that was easy, and EXP was slow: It took 7 battles for Steelwind to get to level 2, and we were on the 28th battle by the time she reached level 3.

Day 97: Poisoning?
Another trinket, another 6, moving on.
Ebon-Edged Spear

Day 98: Poisoning??
And one more trinket! ...And a 5, so nothing happens.
Spikeshell Cover
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 99: Raymond[/b][/size] Well, that was fun. I got a familiar, and rolled a 4 on the D6 roll. It was a race on the Nature discord for the chance to save a dragon from immediate exaltation, but in the end, SleepyDrago won and sold me Raymond. Welcome to the group, even though I don't know how you're going to fit in just yet. (Another Imperial, HMM!) [item=Strangler] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40607496] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/406075/40607496_350.png[/img] [/url]
Day 99: Raymond
Well, that was fun. I got a familiar, and rolled a 4 on the D6 roll. It was a race on the Nature discord for the chance to save a dragon from immediate exaltation, but in the end, SleepyDrago won and sold me Raymond. Welcome to the group, even though I don't know how you're going to fit in just yet. (Another Imperial, HMM!)
Strangler

40607496_350.png
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 100: Day 100???[/b][/size] Oh man, 100 days. 28 live dragons, 2 dead ones. My track record for losing this is not doing great. Today, we got a fish, so we shall battle 35 battles. Who with? Blackwater, Silmeria, and Raymond. Blackwater is level 6, a tank, the others are level 1. This is going to be very, very slow. [item=Jumbo Shrimp] Well, that was boring. Raymond and Silmeria are now level 3.
Day 100: Day 100???
Oh man, 100 days. 28 live dragons, 2 dead ones. My track record for losing this is not doing great. Today, we got a fish, so we shall battle 35 battles. Who with? Blackwater, Silmeria, and Raymond. Blackwater is level 6, a tank, the others are level 1. This is going to be very, very slow.
Jumbo Shrimp
Well, that was boring. Raymond and Silmeria are now level 3.
l6nCFA8.png
Oof. Dang I'm kinda sad I missed the discord sale but oh well. He's pretty cute!
Oof. Dang I'm kinda sad I missed the discord sale but oh well. He's pretty cute!
Maybe help me do a mass hatch for some art?
Heh, thank you, TropicalDiamonds! It was a very fast deal; one kinda has to be there at that moment when I post it, unfortunately. xD [size=5][b]Day 101: Poisoning![/b][/size] Man, so many trinkets suddenly. I went for a long time with, I think, only one or two, but now they've come with a vengeance. Makes me slightly concerned for the disproportionately small amount of battle items I've gotten... My dice say plants, once again, are the food to avoid. Man, my dice do not like plant-eaters for some reason. And Raymond got a 1. Oh boy. [item=Phytocat Toy] [size=5][b]Day 102: Battle![/b][/size] Meat! That's a lot of battles. 48, in fact. Who shall suffer through 48 battles? Silmeria, Sweetmist, and Tinyhawk. 3, 1, and 4. Dang, they'll just be getting lots of levels, I guess. [item=Steppes Box Turtle] Interesting, I got a piece of the green lace on my first battle. Everyone was fine, and we got Sweetmist and Silmeria to level 4, while Tinyhawk got to level 5. [size=5][b]Day 103: BATTLE! ...?[/b][/size] Oh, boy! A battle stone, woo hoo! *[i]flips a coin[/i]* Tails. Darn. [item=Scholar] [size=5][b]Day 104: Battle![/b][/size] And today is a fish. So we shall battle some more. 37 battles with... Raymond, Valour, and... Lasciel. I have not fought with Lasciel in forever. But he is level 8, which means he's taking a level 3 and a level 1 into the Woodland Path, oh no. This will be interesting. [item=Pastel Scallop] SO. Guess who didn't know Greenroot Janustraps actually use their elemental bolts? [img]https://i.imgur.com/IhLfkaS.png[/img] Me. Also that was a 1-shot crit. RIP Raymond, I barely even knew you. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40607496] [img]https://i.imgur.com/gIjFbJ2.png[/img] [/url]
Heh, thank you, TropicalDiamonds! It was a very fast deal; one kinda has to be there at that moment when I post it, unfortunately. xD

Day 101: Poisoning!
Man, so many trinkets suddenly. I went for a long time with, I think, only one or two, but now they've come with a vengeance. Makes me slightly concerned for the disproportionately small amount of battle items I've gotten... My dice say plants, once again, are the food to avoid. Man, my dice do not like plant-eaters for some reason. And Raymond got a 1. Oh boy.
Phytocat Toy

Day 102: Battle!
Meat! That's a lot of battles. 48, in fact. Who shall suffer through 48 battles? Silmeria, Sweetmist, and Tinyhawk. 3, 1, and 4. Dang, they'll just be getting lots of levels, I guess.
Steppes Box Turtle
Interesting, I got a piece of the green lace on my first battle. Everyone was fine, and we got Sweetmist and Silmeria to level 4, while Tinyhawk got to level 5.

Day 103: BATTLE! ...?
Oh, boy! A battle stone, woo hoo! *flips a coin* Tails. Darn.
Scholar

Day 104: Battle!
And today is a fish. So we shall battle some more. 37 battles with... Raymond, Valour, and... Lasciel. I have not fought with Lasciel in forever. But he is level 8, which means he's taking a level 3 and a level 1 into the Woodland Path, oh no. This will be interesting.
Pastel Scallop
SO. Guess who didn't know Greenroot Janustraps actually use their elemental bolts?
IhLfkaS.png
Me. Also that was a 1-shot crit. RIP Raymond, I barely even knew you.

gIjFbJ2.png
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 105: The Messenger with a Message[/b][/size] Oddly enough, Raymond's place in the story only came to me as soon as he fainted in the coli. I know exactly what I shall write. (Also it is very, very weird that the item for this piece of writing is called Sacridite...) [item=Sacridite] The travel that day was even more quiet than usual, as the loss of two eggs hung heavily over the group. With only the leaves rustling and the distant birds in the canopies singing, each dragon kept to themselves, their thoughts all private. At some point, Claude noticed, on Lasciel's back, Flameheart actually interacting with the two Spirals, the three having a hushed conversation, Flameheart's body language betraying her sadness. Claude had a vague memory of her mentioning losing her own children. At least there was someone in the group that Yorikiro could relate to. It was in this near-silence, then, that everyone could hear the distant cries and moans of something that was in pain. All heads turned in the direction of the sounds, everyone going still. After a moment of thinking, Blackwater hissed, "let's go, I think it's another dragon," and she began to climb out of the harness, unable to take the wagons off of the relatively flat path into the twisting jungles. Claude quickly followed suit, glad for the break. "Peata, keep watch. Everyone else, come with me," Blackwater whispered. Moving hastily through the undergrowth, the source was quickly found, by virtue of his massive bulk - an Imperial, gravely wounded. Upon seeing them approach, he cried out, "help me! I... ugh..." Panting heavily, he tried to sit up, and the worst of his wounds became apparent - his lower back was torn up, his spine broken and his hind legs unable to move. "I... I've been... attacked..." His strength failing, he collapsed again. Both Blackwater and Claude rushed forward to catch him, and sitting on either side of the Imperial, they propped him upright, as Amaram flew overhead. The worried look on her face becoming worse the more she saw, everyone understood this mighty dragon's time was short. Attempting to distract him from his suffering, Lasciel began to ask questions, patiently waiting for each answer to be gasped out. "What happened to you, good sir?" "A mob... a pack of them... M-Mirrors... Skydancers too... vicious... they flew up as I... I was delivering letters... attacked me... took me to the ground... then attacked me some more..." "Who? What did they look like?" "Dark colours... grotesque... buncha bandits..." "Was there a leader? What did the leader look like?" "A Mirror... and a Skydancer... they stood by and watched... shouted to the others... Something about practice..." "Practice? Practicing murdering other dragons?" The Imperial gave a snort, which turned into a horrible, wet cough. "So it would seem," he growled once he regained control over his lungs. Panting some more, he laid his head down, seemingly unable to lift it. "Where were you headed?" Lasciel asked gently. "Treespire... have letters for Treespire..." Trying his best, he nudged his head in the direction of his ruined back end, where a scrollcase was tied. "Would you like us to take them to Treespire for you?" "Please... please do... they're for the master of alch- uh, cartography, there..." "We can certainly do that. What is your name? Where are your family?" "Raymond... Raymond... my name... my mother..." the Imperial gasped for breath, each gasp becoming shorter. Hoarsely, he spat out, "Clan Arenite... Sandstone Burrows..." A few deep, shuddering breaths passed by, and then he was gone. Immediately, both Claude and Blackwater jumped up and hopped away from the body. "Is there anyone else around here?" Claude asked, to which Blackwater shook her head. "Not that I know of." "Treespire, Sandstone Burrows, hmm," Lasciel mused, "Claude, please pick up that scrollcase. It is very much Imperial size-" "Feh, let's take it back to Peata, he can carry it while you haul that wagon," Blackwater interrupted, returning again to the Imperial's body, loosening the scrollcase. "Is that it? Shouldn't we bury him?" Startoucher piped up as they turned away to return to the wagons and Peata. "No, Star, never bury an Imperial, or you won't know he's there. You just leave him, so that no one else tries to leave another Imperial near him." When they returned to the wagons, Peata was very curious. "So, what happened over there?" "We were too late. There was an Imperial, too wounded and far too gone to fix. I think it was the bandits again, apparently it's a large group that are practicing to kill larger dragons. We need to be careful, a group that can actually take an Imperial out of the sky is not one to be trifled with, even if there are a good number of us. But we've got a slight change of plans - we're going to swing south a ways to Treespire - here, you're carrying this, by the way. He was supposed to deliver those letters to some cartographer there." "Does anyone know where Sandstone Burrows is?" Lasciel asked. "I think at some point, I would like to find his family, to give them the bad news." "Not a clue, but maybe the cartographer knows, or can send a message for us."
Day 105: The Messenger with a Message
Oddly enough, Raymond's place in the story only came to me as soon as he fainted in the coli. I know exactly what I shall write. (Also it is very, very weird that the item for this piece of writing is called Sacridite...)
Sacridite

The travel that day was even more quiet than usual, as the loss of two eggs hung heavily over the group. With only the leaves rustling and the distant birds in the canopies singing, each dragon kept to themselves, their thoughts all private. At some point, Claude noticed, on Lasciel's back, Flameheart actually interacting with the two Spirals, the three having a hushed conversation, Flameheart's body language betraying her sadness. Claude had a vague memory of her mentioning losing her own children. At least there was someone in the group that Yorikiro could relate to.

It was in this near-silence, then, that everyone could hear the distant cries and moans of something that was in pain. All heads turned in the direction of the sounds, everyone going still. After a moment of thinking, Blackwater hissed, "let's go, I think it's another dragon," and she began to climb out of the harness, unable to take the wagons off of the relatively flat path into the twisting jungles. Claude quickly followed suit, glad for the break. "Peata, keep watch. Everyone else, come with me," Blackwater whispered.

Moving hastily through the undergrowth, the source was quickly found, by virtue of his massive bulk - an Imperial, gravely wounded. Upon seeing them approach, he cried out, "help me! I... ugh..." Panting heavily, he tried to sit up, and the worst of his wounds became apparent - his lower back was torn up, his spine broken and his hind legs unable to move. "I... I've been... attacked..." His strength failing, he collapsed again.

Both Blackwater and Claude rushed forward to catch him, and sitting on either side of the Imperial, they propped him upright, as Amaram flew overhead. The worried look on her face becoming worse the more she saw, everyone understood this mighty dragon's time was short. Attempting to distract him from his suffering, Lasciel began to ask questions, patiently waiting for each answer to be gasped out.

"What happened to you, good sir?"

"A mob... a pack of them... M-Mirrors... Skydancers too... vicious... they flew up as I... I was delivering letters... attacked me... took me to the ground... then attacked me some more..."

"Who? What did they look like?"

"Dark colours... grotesque... buncha bandits..."

"Was there a leader? What did the leader look like?"

"A Mirror... and a Skydancer... they stood by and watched... shouted to the others... Something about practice..."

"Practice? Practicing murdering other dragons?"

The Imperial gave a snort, which turned into a horrible, wet cough. "So it would seem," he growled once he regained control over his lungs. Panting some more, he laid his head down, seemingly unable to lift it.

"Where were you headed?" Lasciel asked gently.

"Treespire... have letters for Treespire..." Trying his best, he nudged his head in the direction of his ruined back end, where a scrollcase was tied.

"Would you like us to take them to Treespire for you?"

"Please... please do... they're for the master of alch- uh, cartography, there..."

"We can certainly do that. What is your name? Where are your family?"

"Raymond... Raymond... my name... my mother..." the Imperial gasped for breath, each gasp becoming shorter. Hoarsely, he spat out, "Clan Arenite... Sandstone Burrows..." A few deep, shuddering breaths passed by, and then he was gone.

Immediately, both Claude and Blackwater jumped up and hopped away from the body. "Is there anyone else around here?" Claude asked, to which Blackwater shook her head. "Not that I know of."

"Treespire, Sandstone Burrows, hmm," Lasciel mused, "Claude, please pick up that scrollcase. It is very much Imperial size-" "Feh, let's take it back to Peata, he can carry it while you haul that wagon," Blackwater interrupted, returning again to the Imperial's body, loosening the scrollcase.

"Is that it? Shouldn't we bury him?" Startoucher piped up as they turned away to return to the wagons and Peata. "No, Star, never bury an Imperial, or you won't know he's there. You just leave him, so that no one else tries to leave another Imperial near him."

When they returned to the wagons, Peata was very curious. "So, what happened over there?"

"We were too late. There was an Imperial, too wounded and far too gone to fix. I think it was the bandits again, apparently it's a large group that are practicing to kill larger dragons. We need to be careful, a group that can actually take an Imperial out of the sky is not one to be trifled with, even if there are a good number of us. But we've got a slight change of plans - we're going to swing south a ways to Treespire - here, you're carrying this, by the way. He was supposed to deliver those letters to some cartographer there."

"Does anyone know where Sandstone Burrows is?" Lasciel asked. "I think at some point, I would like to find his family, to give them the bad news."

"Not a clue, but maybe the cartographer knows, or can send a message for us."
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 106: Oops[/b][/size] So, in my early morning daze, I completely forgot to make a note of what Pinkerton gave me. So, today, I shall roll a D6 for the item types, meaning each item type has an equal chance today. In the order they appear on the Pinkerlocke thread, I got a... 4. A familiar. Thanks, RNG, I only just got rid of one dragon. [item=Luna Mith] And another dice roll reveals another 4 (gee, my D6 really likes 4s), so again I pester the Nature discord for another dragon. Perhaps Ilke, from Fanartsy, will have better luck than Raymond. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40990336] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/409904/40990336_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=5][b]Day 107: Battle![/b][/size] More battling! Meat again... a lot of battles today. 45 battles with... Jiangshi, Packrunner, and Valour. A level 7 tank taking a level 1 and a level 3 into the Woodland Path. THIS SOUNDS PAINFULLY FAMILIAR. [item=Zephyr Sparrow] VERY FAMILIAR. Good job, Jiangshi, standing there and watching. [i]What do I make you guard the one elementally-weak ally for?[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/LZ4yXbP.png[/img] RIP Valour. You aren't even born yet in the story... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40112940] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/401130/40112940_350.png[/img] [/url]
Day 106: Oops
So, in my early morning daze, I completely forgot to make a note of what Pinkerton gave me. So, today, I shall roll a D6 for the item types, meaning each item type has an equal chance today. In the order they appear on the Pinkerlocke thread, I got a... 4. A familiar. Thanks, RNG, I only just got rid of one dragon.
Luna Mith
And another dice roll reveals another 4 (gee, my D6 really likes 4s), so again I pester the Nature discord for another dragon. Perhaps Ilke, from Fanartsy, will have better luck than Raymond.

40990336_350.png

Day 107: Battle!
More battling! Meat again... a lot of battles today. 45 battles with... Jiangshi, Packrunner, and Valour. A level 7 tank taking a level 1 and a level 3 into the Woodland Path. THIS SOUNDS PAINFULLY FAMILIAR.
Zephyr Sparrow
VERY FAMILIAR. Good job, Jiangshi, standing there and watching. What do I make you guard the one elementally-weak ally for?
LZ4yXbP.png
RIP Valour. You aren't even born yet in the story...

40112940_350.png
l6nCFA8.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20