Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Ganon fails to lose another Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
[size=5][b]Day 11: FIGHT![/b][/size] Oh man, meat is the [i]worst[/i]. 43 battles, let's go. [i]randomly rolls the dragons[/i] Troll, Kulukan, Troll, Kulukan... I think it's trying to tell me to only battle with those two. Which, honestly, I'd rather they'd just play around in the training fields ANYWAY and catch up to the rest. [item=Blue-Throated Hummingbird] Aaand 43 battles later, everyone is level 4! Except for Claude. Because he's special. And level 7. [size=5][b]Day 12: A Trinket[/b][/size] Well, it's my first trinket! [item=Used Cartography Ink] Plants was the bad meal today, but it seems Claude and the Snappers fared just fine. All three babies from the first nest did not make it through the coin toss, unfortunately. A fairly low-activity day, but I'm okay with that because I am TIRED.
Day 11: FIGHT!
Oh man, meat is the worst. 43 battles, let's go.
randomly rolls the dragons Troll, Kulukan, Troll, Kulukan... I think it's trying to tell me to only battle with those two. Which, honestly, I'd rather they'd just play around in the training fields ANYWAY and catch up to the rest.
Blue-Throated Hummingbird
Aaand 43 battles later, everyone is level 4! Except for Claude. Because he's special. And level 7.

Day 12: A Trinket
Well, it's my first trinket!
Used Cartography Ink
Plants was the bad meal today, but it seems Claude and the Snappers fared just fine.
All three babies from the first nest did not make it through the coin toss, unfortunately.
A fairly low-activity day, but I'm okay with that because I am TIRED.
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 13: A Small Chat[/b][/size] Yeah, I know I'm behind. Something something energy-sapping job something something. Yay, weekend! [item=Snakeskin Cloth] As Darter's health improved, Lasciel's attention was once again on more than just her, and several times, he had tried to continue the topic of Claude's parents, but Claude, uncomfortable about discussing [i]anything[/i] personal in front of the Mirror, had cut Lasciel off each time, diverting the topic as quickly as he could. When they one day found themselves to be alone as the other dragons went hunting, Lasciel took the opportunity to finally speak to Claude. "I've noticed you're quite tight-lipped around Darter. May I ask why?" Claude gave a sigh, chewing on his lip. He didn't want to talk about his fears, but now, with just kind Lasciel, would be the best time and place, if any. "I... don't know. Really. Ever since we found her, I've had a horrible gut feeling about her. Like, there's something about her that I shouldn't trust. And I know she hasn't done anything wrong! I... don't know what to make of it." Of course, he had ideas, he had suspicions, but they were all not reasonably grounded, and he didn't want to regale the Snapper with seemingly ridiculous scenarios, without diving into his own history. However, he also really didn't want to go into his history. So now, he just stood, and absently chewed on a sapling he had scratched out of the earth. Lasciel watched him patiently, before continuing, almost as if he had read Claude's mind anyway. "They're funny things, our hunches. Sometimes, they are right, and we say to ourselves, 'I knew it, I told you so.' Sometimes, they are wrong, and we figure we've just had an upset stomach, perhaps. And sometimes, they seem wrong on the surface, but later we find out that, in some way, they were, in fact, right. But, of course, it's not fair to hate someone over a hunch, so you are conflicted. I tell you what. I won't discuss anything you don't want to discuss in front of anyone else, unless you bring up the topic, if that makes you more comfortable?" Claude nodded. "Yes. Thank you for understanding," he mumbled, eyes downcast. [size=5][b]Day 14: Someone got sick[/b][/size] [item=Mender's Healing Staff] I got to roll for the fish-eaters, and Claude has gotten sick. Let's see if he survives the second roll tomorrow!
Day 13: A Small Chat
Yeah, I know I'm behind. Something something energy-sapping job something something. Yay, weekend!
Snakeskin Cloth

As Darter's health improved, Lasciel's attention was once again on more than just her, and several times, he had tried to continue the topic of Claude's parents, but Claude, uncomfortable about discussing anything personal in front of the Mirror, had cut Lasciel off each time, diverting the topic as quickly as he could. When they one day found themselves to be alone as the other dragons went hunting, Lasciel took the opportunity to finally speak to Claude.

"I've noticed you're quite tight-lipped around Darter. May I ask why?"

Claude gave a sigh, chewing on his lip. He didn't want to talk about his fears, but now, with just kind Lasciel, would be the best time and place, if any. "I... don't know. Really. Ever since we found her, I've had a horrible gut feeling about her. Like, there's something about her that I shouldn't trust. And I know she hasn't done anything wrong! I... don't know what to make of it."

Of course, he had ideas, he had suspicions, but they were all not reasonably grounded, and he didn't want to regale the Snapper with seemingly ridiculous scenarios, without diving into his own history. However, he also really didn't want to go into his history. So now, he just stood, and absently chewed on a sapling he had scratched out of the earth. Lasciel watched him patiently, before continuing, almost as if he had read Claude's mind anyway.

"They're funny things, our hunches. Sometimes, they are right, and we say to ourselves, 'I knew it, I told you so.' Sometimes, they are wrong, and we figure we've just had an upset stomach, perhaps. And sometimes, they seem wrong on the surface, but later we find out that, in some way, they were, in fact, right. But, of course, it's not fair to hate someone over a hunch, so you are conflicted. I tell you what. I won't discuss anything you don't want to discuss in front of anyone else, unless you bring up the topic, if that makes you more comfortable?"

Claude nodded. "Yes. Thank you for understanding," he mumbled, eyes downcast.

Day 14: Someone got sick
Mender's Healing Staff
I got to roll for the fish-eaters, and Claude has gotten sick. Let's see if he survives the second roll tomorrow!
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 15: Jungle Fever[/b][/size] Claude survived his second roll and is well again. Today, I am writing more lore! And weirdly enough, getting sick plays a big role in today's chapter. [item=Pulsating Green Embers] In the scarce few moments that they were alone in the following weeks, Claude and Lasciel continued their conversation as Lasciel led the group along his path, deeper and deeper into the jungle. To Claude's annoyance, Darter had gotten positively friendly with Boris and Troll, as the trio frequently hunted together, slept together, ate together. [i]It's like she's forming a pack comprised of those two.[/i] He could have sworn they were talking behind his back as the group traveled, snickering and whispering behind him. He wanted so badly to confront them, but he knew it would end in disaster. Though he had size on his side, they had numbers. It'd be like trying to fight a pack of rats. Quick, agile rats that whipped through the undergrowth, to bite at him as he would try to twist around to lash back... It wouldn't work. So he did his best to ignore them, staying close to Lasciel and trying to drown out their banter behind him with whatever topics he could think of to talk about. After all, they weren't here specifically to be a nuisance to him, right? Then, one day, Claude came down with a mysterious illness. Feverish and dizzy, he could barely manage a walk, and they had gotten only a measly three miles in a day. How...? How did only he get sick? His thoughts immediately turned to Darter, accusations forming in his mind. She had offered him a fish the previous night, as a 'peace offering'. He had accepted it, and the free meal had been nice... but now he couldn't help but be suspicious. What if she had poisoned it? But Troll had checked him over, and insisted it was "jungle fever"; no mention of possible food poisoning. What if Troll was siding with her, now, too? To make matter's worse, every nasty concoction that Troll could come up with, didn't seem to work to fix the fever. What if they were trying to kill him? Claude's paranoia shot through the roof, and at every chance he had, he begged Lasciel, asking him if he knew of another doctor. Finally, Lasciel relented. "I know of another Snapper, Kulukan, who is a mystic of sorts. He's... got a hand for this sort of thing, and his trail, a very short, seven mile circuit, is close to here. We could go see him, if you like? I suppose I could handle a visit..." [size=5][b]Day 16: +1 to the Breeding Queue[/b][/size] Another piece of apparel! That makes two breedings I have yet to do. And considering Darter's still my only female... Waiting on her some more! [item=Blue Warrior Haori]
Day 15: Jungle Fever
Claude survived his second roll and is well again. Today, I am writing more lore! And weirdly enough, getting sick plays a big role in today's chapter.
Pulsating Green Embers

In the scarce few moments that they were alone in the following weeks, Claude and Lasciel continued their conversation as Lasciel led the group along his path, deeper and deeper into the jungle.

To Claude's annoyance, Darter had gotten positively friendly with Boris and Troll, as the trio frequently hunted together, slept together, ate together. It's like she's forming a pack comprised of those two. He could have sworn they were talking behind his back as the group traveled, snickering and whispering behind him. He wanted so badly to confront them, but he knew it would end in disaster. Though he had size on his side, they had numbers. It'd be like trying to fight a pack of rats. Quick, agile rats that whipped through the undergrowth, to bite at him as he would try to twist around to lash back... It wouldn't work.

So he did his best to ignore them, staying close to Lasciel and trying to drown out their banter behind him with whatever topics he could think of to talk about. After all, they weren't here specifically to be a nuisance to him, right?

Then, one day, Claude came down with a mysterious illness. Feverish and dizzy, he could barely manage a walk, and they had gotten only a measly three miles in a day. How...? How did only he get sick? His thoughts immediately turned to Darter, accusations forming in his mind. She had offered him a fish the previous night, as a 'peace offering'. He had accepted it, and the free meal had been nice... but now he couldn't help but be suspicious. What if she had poisoned it?

But Troll had checked him over, and insisted it was "jungle fever"; no mention of possible food poisoning. What if Troll was siding with her, now, too? To make matter's worse, every nasty concoction that Troll could come up with, didn't seem to work to fix the fever. What if they were trying to kill him? Claude's paranoia shot through the roof, and at every chance he had, he begged Lasciel, asking him if he knew of another doctor. Finally, Lasciel relented.

"I know of another Snapper, Kulukan, who is a mystic of sorts. He's... got a hand for this sort of thing, and his trail, a very short, seven mile circuit, is close to here. We could go see him, if you like? I suppose I could handle a visit..."

Day 16: +1 to the Breeding Queue
Another piece of apparel! That makes two breedings I have yet to do. And considering Darter's still my only female... Waiting on her some more!
Blue Warrior Haori
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 17: Kulukan[/b][/size] And finally, Kulukan writes himself into the story. [item=Pollen] Two days later, after hacking and plowing through the dense jungle, the group finally found another trail. This one was very well-worn, as if it were frequented very often. "Well, he's a slow plodder, but he manages his short circle in a day," explained Lasciel, "and he goes clockwise, so if we go counter-clockwise, we'll find him quickly." Sure enough, not half an hour later, the group rounded the corner to find another Snapper, sniffing the daisies on the side of the pathway. Upon noticing them, the Snapper, wearing something that looked like it might work better on a Pearlcatcher or Fae, gave a huge, toothy grin and loudly exclaimed, "Lasciel! What a pleasant surprise!" With far more exuberance than one would expect from the solemn, stoic Snapper species, he stomped over, excitedly chattering the entire time. "It's been so long, old buddy! How have you been? How's the circuit? How's the [i]circus?[/i] What have you been getting into lately? Who are these fine gentledragons? Come! Let us talk and walk!" Claude was pretty sure he heard Lasciel's teeth clack together as he clenched his jaw. Though, if this guy was always like this, he was pretty sure he could understand why Lasciel might not be enjoying himself all that much. As soon as the talkative Snapper gave half of a second of merciful silence, Lasciel spoke up. "I am fine, Kulukan. These are a few friends I have made along the way: Troll, Boris, Darter, and Claude," Lasciel stated, pointing out each dragon, "Claude is sick, and we were hoping you might have a cure for him. How's the, uh, spell-casting going?" Ignoring the last question, (Claude noticed the Snapper had winced when Lasciel asked it,) Kulukan gave a huge gasp, looking at Claude, coming over to inspect him. "Sick? Come! I've actually set up a small storage hut for all my supplies, y'know, Lasciel. Come, check it out! I've got just the stuff for dear Claude there, no worries my good friends!" The Snapper set off on his track, marching down the path with urgency, but it became quickly apparent that Kulukan was not used to such a fast pace, and several times in the short mile, he had to stop to gulp down huge breaths of air, before 'dashing' off again, Snapper style. Lasciel rolled his eyes while the rest stared in bewilderment. Huffing and puffing in exhaustion as he rummaged through what was, indeed, a little hut that only his front half could fit inside, he picked through various dried herbs, preserved insects, and some dubious-looking animal parts. Lasciel whispered to Claude, "he's not the sharpest rock in the quarry, but he does know this stuff well, don't worry," before sitting down to watch as the other Snapper began to prepare some sort of concoction in a cauldron. Throwing some sticks into what Claude now noticed was a fire pit of sorts, Kulukan then struggled a bit with a little flint. After a few minutes of watching him try, Boris cheekily summoned his innate fire magic and lit the sticks aflame. Kulukan looked rather distraught, mumbling for a few moments, before perking up and slamming the cauldron into place over the fire as he kicked a few more pieces of wood underneath. Before long, the brew was simmering nicely, and to Claude's relief, it did not smell offensive at all; it almost smelled appetizing. "Hmm, that should about do it. Drink up, Clover!" announced Kulukan cheerfully, moving the cauldron from the fire to Claude's feet. "Clover? His name is Claude, Kulukan," Lasciel corrected him. Claude lowered his head and sniffed the soup-like concoction. Hopefully, it would taste about as good as it smelled. He was tired of the nasty things Troll insisted on him eating. Licking at it, it was hot, but it did taste alright, so Claude quickly emptied the cauldron, and licked his lips when he was done. Whether or not it will work, Claude was of the opinion that this medicine was already better than Troll's. "There, a few more doses of that over the next few days, and you should be as good as new!" Kulukan proudly exclaimed. "Uh, say, Lasciel, I've been thinking, I've done this same circuit for quite some time. I was wondering, perhaps, could I join you guys on your circuit maybe once? It'd be a nice change of pace, and a new bit of scenery!" Lasciel scoffed. "Kulukan, first of all, 'change of pace' is indeed the word to use here. You wouldn't easily be able to keep up-" "Yes, I could! Oh please, give me the chance!" "-and second, you... don't really do that well outside of what you know. And you know this. We tried already, remember?" Kulukan hesitated. "Well, I mean, I was younger, then! I've grown! I- I- oh, c'mon, just give me the chance? I mean, you, well, you let these folks follow you, w-what's one more?" Lasciel looked thoroughly annoyed at the proposition, and gave a deep sigh. "Fine. We'll leave at dawn, tomorrow, of course."
Day 17: Kulukan
And finally, Kulukan writes himself into the story.
Pollen

Two days later, after hacking and plowing through the dense jungle, the group finally found another trail. This one was very well-worn, as if it were frequented very often. "Well, he's a slow plodder, but he manages his short circle in a day," explained Lasciel, "and he goes clockwise, so if we go counter-clockwise, we'll find him quickly."

Sure enough, not half an hour later, the group rounded the corner to find another Snapper, sniffing the daisies on the side of the pathway. Upon noticing them, the Snapper, wearing something that looked like it might work better on a Pearlcatcher or Fae, gave a huge, toothy grin and loudly exclaimed, "Lasciel! What a pleasant surprise!" With far more exuberance than one would expect from the solemn, stoic Snapper species, he stomped over, excitedly chattering the entire time.

"It's been so long, old buddy! How have you been? How's the circuit? How's the circus? What have you been getting into lately? Who are these fine gentledragons? Come! Let us talk and walk!"

Claude was pretty sure he heard Lasciel's teeth clack together as he clenched his jaw. Though, if this guy was always like this, he was pretty sure he could understand why Lasciel might not be enjoying himself all that much. As soon as the talkative Snapper gave half of a second of merciful silence, Lasciel spoke up. "I am fine, Kulukan. These are a few friends I have made along the way: Troll, Boris, Darter, and Claude," Lasciel stated, pointing out each dragon, "Claude is sick, and we were hoping you might have a cure for him. How's the, uh, spell-casting going?"

Ignoring the last question, (Claude noticed the Snapper had winced when Lasciel asked it,) Kulukan gave a huge gasp, looking at Claude, coming over to inspect him. "Sick? Come! I've actually set up a small storage hut for all my supplies, y'know, Lasciel. Come, check it out! I've got just the stuff for dear Claude there, no worries my good friends!" The Snapper set off on his track, marching down the path with urgency, but it became quickly apparent that Kulukan was not used to such a fast pace, and several times in the short mile, he had to stop to gulp down huge breaths of air, before 'dashing' off again, Snapper style. Lasciel rolled his eyes while the rest stared in bewilderment.

Huffing and puffing in exhaustion as he rummaged through what was, indeed, a little hut that only his front half could fit inside, he picked through various dried herbs, preserved insects, and some dubious-looking animal parts. Lasciel whispered to Claude, "he's not the sharpest rock in the quarry, but he does know this stuff well, don't worry," before sitting down to watch as the other Snapper began to prepare some sort of concoction in a cauldron. Throwing some sticks into what Claude now noticed was a fire pit of sorts, Kulukan then struggled a bit with a little flint. After a few minutes of watching him try, Boris cheekily summoned his innate fire magic and lit the sticks aflame. Kulukan looked rather distraught, mumbling for a few moments, before perking up and slamming the cauldron into place over the fire as he kicked a few more pieces of wood underneath.

Before long, the brew was simmering nicely, and to Claude's relief, it did not smell offensive at all; it almost smelled appetizing. "Hmm, that should about do it. Drink up, Clover!" announced Kulukan cheerfully, moving the cauldron from the fire to Claude's feet.

"Clover? His name is Claude, Kulukan," Lasciel corrected him. Claude lowered his head and sniffed the soup-like concoction. Hopefully, it would taste about as good as it smelled. He was tired of the nasty things Troll insisted on him eating. Licking at it, it was hot, but it did taste alright, so Claude quickly emptied the cauldron, and licked his lips when he was done. Whether or not it will work, Claude was of the opinion that this medicine was already better than Troll's.

"There, a few more doses of that over the next few days, and you should be as good as new!" Kulukan proudly exclaimed. "Uh, say, Lasciel, I've been thinking, I've done this same circuit for quite some time. I was wondering, perhaps, could I join you guys on your circuit maybe once? It'd be a nice change of pace, and a new bit of scenery!"

Lasciel scoffed. "Kulukan, first of all, 'change of pace' is indeed the word to use here. You wouldn't easily be able to keep up-"

"Yes, I could! Oh please, give me the chance!"

"-and second, you... don't really do that well outside of what you know. And you know this. We tried already, remember?"

Kulukan hesitated. "Well, I mean, I was younger, then! I've grown! I- I- oh, c'mon, just give me the chance? I mean, you, well, you let these folks follow you, w-what's one more?"

Lasciel looked thoroughly annoyed at the proposition, and gave a deep sigh. "Fine. We'll leave at dawn, tomorrow, of course."
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 18: Bios[/b][/size] Man, I keep getting non-stop materials, and I'm running out of things to write that have happened thus far. So, when I get to this point, I shall work on one dragon's bio and hope that I get more interesting rolls coming up. I am thinking of trying out a premade bio thingy! Today, I will write [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38455600]Lasciel's bio[/url]. I'd write Claude's, since, so far, the story is very much centered around him, but, uh, I am still not sure what to do with his [i]current[/i] bio. [item=Fungus-Covered Branch] [size=5][b]Day 19: Battle![/b][/size] Welp, time to do 16 battles with... [i]rolls[/i] Troll, Claude, and Lasciel! I have switched to medium mode, because I think, ultimately, hard mode's currently a little [i]too[/i] hard for me. Maybe if I had eliminates to throw away, but I don't. So everyone's a mage. And I'm crying. [item=Sugary Prickleaf] Well, now that I'm doing medium mode, I am enjoying Claude's Heal immensely. He heals for more health than Troll has. Also, Troll reached level 5! [size=5][b]Day 20: Battle![/b][/size] Aaaand Pinkerlocke decided letting me off easy with a plant was too nice, for today he threw meat. We shall be doing 46 battles with... Lasciel, Claude, and Boris. How nice. [item=Everglade Hedgehog] Hmm. Long, somewhat tedius. But fairly easy, I am pleased that, so far, I am not too messed up by mage/tank mixes. Everyone gained a level! Boris almost gained two. [size=5][b]Day 21: Battle![/b][/size] Geez, Pinkerton, stop giving me meat! Today, I shall do 42 battles with Darter, Troll, and Claude. [item=Sun Flecked Fieldmouse] Well, I had a few terrifying moments where they crit and reduced my dragons to near zero, and a few terrifying moments where if they had crit, they would have knocked out my dragons, but we all survived! Troll and Darter both gained a level, leaving only Kulukan at level 4.
Day 18: Bios
Man, I keep getting non-stop materials, and I'm running out of things to write that have happened thus far. So, when I get to this point, I shall work on one dragon's bio and hope that I get more interesting rolls coming up. I am thinking of trying out a premade bio thingy!
Today, I will write Lasciel's bio. I'd write Claude's, since, so far, the story is very much centered around him, but, uh, I am still not sure what to do with his current bio.
Fungus-Covered Branch

Day 19: Battle!
Welp, time to do 16 battles with... rolls Troll, Claude, and Lasciel! I have switched to medium mode, because I think, ultimately, hard mode's currently a little too hard for me. Maybe if I had eliminates to throw away, but I don't. So everyone's a mage. And I'm crying.
Sugary Prickleaf
Well, now that I'm doing medium mode, I am enjoying Claude's Heal immensely. He heals for more health than Troll has. Also, Troll reached level 5!

Day 20: Battle!
Aaaand Pinkerlocke decided letting me off easy with a plant was too nice, for today he threw meat. We shall be doing 46 battles with... Lasciel, Claude, and Boris. How nice.
Everglade Hedgehog
Hmm. Long, somewhat tedius. But fairly easy, I am pleased that, so far, I am not too messed up by mage/tank mixes. Everyone gained a level! Boris almost gained two.

Day 21: Battle!
Geez, Pinkerton, stop giving me meat! Today, I shall do 42 battles with Darter, Troll, and Claude.
Sun Flecked Fieldmouse
Well, I had a few terrifying moments where they crit and reduced my dragons to near zero, and a few terrifying moments where if they had crit, they would have knocked out my dragons, but we all survived! Troll and Darter both gained a level, leaving only Kulukan at level 4.
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 22: Bios[/b][/size] Well, yet another Material with not much happening in between Materials. I know I've been battling a lot, but unless something interesting happens within the battles, I don't really have a lore counterpart to the group beating up things in the Woodland Path. So, another bio it is! I think [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38675597]Kulukan[/url] shall receive one today. I'd do one of the first ones, but I still don't know what to do with Claude's, and the rest all have... secrets... [item=Fir Branch] In other news, Darter and Troll are on a nest! Darter became RTB today, so this uses my second apparel drop, the Crane's Tail Guard. Unfortunately, they only have one sad little egg. Let's see if the baby survives the coin toss in 5 days! [size=5][b]Day 23: Battle![/b][/size] Food or mats, that's all I seem to get now. Let's see, we're doing 30 matches with Darter, Darter, and Darter. HMM. I keep rerolling and all I'm getting is Darter. After many rerolls, it seems Troll and Boris have joined the party. [item=Fly] And done. That was... very easy, considering I was in the Training Fields. YAWN.
Day 22: Bios
Well, yet another Material with not much happening in between Materials. I know I've been battling a lot, but unless something interesting happens within the battles, I don't really have a lore counterpart to the group beating up things in the Woodland Path. So, another bio it is! I think Kulukan shall receive one today. I'd do one of the first ones, but I still don't know what to do with Claude's, and the rest all have... secrets...
Fir Branch
In other news, Darter and Troll are on a nest! Darter became RTB today, so this uses my second apparel drop, the Crane's Tail Guard. Unfortunately, they only have one sad little egg. Let's see if the baby survives the coin toss in 5 days!

Day 23: Battle!
Food or mats, that's all I seem to get now. Let's see, we're doing 30 matches with Darter, Darter, and Darter. HMM. I keep rerolling and all I'm getting is Darter. After many rerolls, it seems Troll and Boris have joined the party.
Fly
And done. That was... very easy, considering I was in the Training Fields. YAWN.
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 24: Flameheart[/b][/size] Well, now, another familiar! [item=Tatterwing Carcass] I tried out my new dragon selection rules, and got a 6, for finding dragons in give-away threads! How exciting! Well, I randomly rolled one, posted, explaining the purpose for the dragon I've requested and... had some cranky twit (who had nothing to do with the owner of the dragon, or the giveaway thread, to boot) lunging at my throat for, somehow, failing to follow the owner's rules... Well, then! After the owner of the dragon ended up giving away that dragon to someone else (unrelated to the cranky twit incident), Sads offered one of their 156 fodder dragons. I now have... Flameheart, probably the ugliest dragon I've seen in a while! I'm a little disappointed I didn't dress her up without covering her with a skin, but [i]you[/i] try to give her a good look! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38975025] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/389751/38975025_350.png[/img] [/url]
Day 24: Flameheart
Well, now, another familiar!
Tatterwing Carcass
I tried out my new dragon selection rules, and got a 6, for finding dragons in give-away threads! How exciting! Well, I randomly rolled one, posted, explaining the purpose for the dragon I've requested and... had some cranky twit (who had nothing to do with the owner of the dragon, or the giveaway thread, to boot) lunging at my throat for, somehow, failing to follow the owner's rules...
Well, then! After the owner of the dragon ended up giving away that dragon to someone else (unrelated to the cranky twit incident), Sads offered one of their 156 fodder dragons. I now have... Flameheart, probably the ugliest dragon I've seen in a while! I'm a little disappointed I didn't dress her up without covering her with a skin, but you try to give her a good look!

38975025_350.png
l6nCFA8.png
I dunno if you care to spend any cash on her, but she's not half bad with spinner and a remove tert. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=72&bodygene=2&breed=1&element=11&gender=1&tert=25&tertgene=0&winggene=16&wings=169&auth=ce23f050b486ea23ee9f51331ee44319f35d79b1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I'm looking forward to see how she fits into the story!
I dunno if you care to spend any cash on her, but she's not half bad with spinner and a remove tert.
dragon?age=1&body=72&bodygene=2&breed=1&element=11&gender=1&tert=25&tertgene=0&winggene=16&wings=169&auth=ce23f050b486ea23ee9f51331ee44319f35d79b1&dummyext=prev.png

I'm looking forward to see how she fits into the story!
nInTqKu.png
@sky09 Ooh, I do like that Spinner! If they ever make it to 25, some of these guys may or may not get make-overs, so we shall see! I'm not sure how she's going to enter the story yet, the story's finally a fair bit behind current events. ----- [size=5][b]Day 25: Food Not-Poisoning[/b][/size] I got a trinket today, and rolled for fish, but of the dragons that consume fish at all, no one got sick! [item=Black Pawn] [size=5][b]Day 26: The Egg[/b][/size] A material. Thankfully, by this time, I have some lore to actually write about: Darter's single egg did not survive the coin toss, making it 0/4 of her offspring surviving. I think I shall actually, finally, write that into lore. Initially, I wasn't going to include failed coin tosses into the picture, but this is unfortunate enough to merit it, I suppose. Also: Claude is a very mean dragon. [item=Cobalt Ore] Another one. Claude sniffed the egg carefully, glancing around him to make sure none of the others were yet coming back from their foraging. Only Kulukan was still nearby, gnawing on the bark of a nearby tree. Claude had learned that Kulukan really wasn't particularly bright. Ever since he had joined up in the party, the poor Snapper had been in various levels of distress over the unfamiliarity of his surroundings. For now, Kulukan was whimpering quietly to himself, as he tried to find some comfort in eating... bark... Claude rolled his eyes. The Snapper's back was turned to him, and Kulukan would hardly notice what he was up to. The egg reeked of Darter's scent, just like the previous ones, and Claude was quite repulsed. Determined not to let the Mirror his gut instincts still hated become a pack, he picked up the egg in his mouth. He wanted badly to swallow it, but a small, tiny voice inside his head screamed "no!", so he launched himself into the sky, as he had done with the first three, flying half an hour away, before landing and shoving the egg inside a log. There. Whatever happened to it from here on, well, that's just fate, right? Flying back, his brain battled with itself over this cruel act, but he was determined to stick to his plan. When he landed again, most of the group had reconvened, and were ready to keep traveling. Only Darter was not there, and when he asked Lasciel if they were to keep moving, Lasciel informed him that Darter had lost something "clearly important to her, so we're waiting for her to find it." An hour later, a very tear-stained Darter came back, trembling, panting and frothing at the mouth, crying, "I can't find it! Why! Why!" Flopping to the ground, she gave a long, wordless cry of anguish, and then lay there sobbing. Everyone else stood in awkward silence, until Lasciel finally spoke up. "What did you lose, dear Darter? Will you tell me now?" he asked softly. "My egg." The mumble was barely audible, but Lasciel (and Claude, who knew what was going to come out of her mouth) understood. Perking up, Lasciel asked everyone to split up and search for a dragon egg. Each dragon split off in different directions, and Claude also pretended to look, searching under and over everything that might fit a dragon egg. The tiny voice again pleaded with him to retrieve the egg again, but he mentally countered it. No, he absolutely would not take off into the sky, fly off in a specific direction, come back, and say, "there, I magically found it so far away!" That would be exceptionally stupid. Instead, the whole group spent the rest of the day searching and searching their nearby surroundings, to, predictably, no avail. When it finally got too dark to see, Lasciel called the search off. "We can try again in the morning, Darter. I'm sorry we could not find it." Darter seemed rather defeated and disheartened, and only mumbled something inaudible in response before collapsing to the ground to rest. In the darkness, Claude let a smirk form momentarily on his face.
@sky09 Ooh, I do like that Spinner! If they ever make it to 25, some of these guys may or may not get make-overs, so we shall see! I'm not sure how she's going to enter the story yet, the story's finally a fair bit behind current events.

Day 25: Food Not-Poisoning
I got a trinket today, and rolled for fish, but of the dragons that consume fish at all, no one got sick!
Black Pawn

Day 26: The Egg
A material. Thankfully, by this time, I have some lore to actually write about: Darter's single egg did not survive the coin toss, making it 0/4 of her offspring surviving. I think I shall actually, finally, write that into lore. Initially, I wasn't going to include failed coin tosses into the picture, but this is unfortunate enough to merit it, I suppose. Also: Claude is a very mean dragon.
Cobalt Ore

Another one. Claude sniffed the egg carefully, glancing around him to make sure none of the others were yet coming back from their foraging. Only Kulukan was still nearby, gnawing on the bark of a nearby tree.

Claude had learned that Kulukan really wasn't particularly bright. Ever since he had joined up in the party, the poor Snapper had been in various levels of distress over the unfamiliarity of his surroundings. For now, Kulukan was whimpering quietly to himself, as he tried to find some comfort in eating... bark... Claude rolled his eyes. The Snapper's back was turned to him, and Kulukan would hardly notice what he was up to.

The egg reeked of Darter's scent, just like the previous ones, and Claude was quite repulsed. Determined not to let the Mirror his gut instincts still hated become a pack, he picked up the egg in his mouth. He wanted badly to swallow it, but a small, tiny voice inside his head screamed "no!", so he launched himself into the sky, as he had done with the first three, flying half an hour away, before landing and shoving the egg inside a log. There. Whatever happened to it from here on, well, that's just fate, right?

Flying back, his brain battled with itself over this cruel act, but he was determined to stick to his plan. When he landed again, most of the group had reconvened, and were ready to keep traveling. Only Darter was not there, and when he asked Lasciel if they were to keep moving, Lasciel informed him that Darter had lost something "clearly important to her, so we're waiting for her to find it."

An hour later, a very tear-stained Darter came back, trembling, panting and frothing at the mouth, crying, "I can't find it! Why! Why!" Flopping to the ground, she gave a long, wordless cry of anguish, and then lay there sobbing. Everyone else stood in awkward silence, until Lasciel finally spoke up. "What did you lose, dear Darter? Will you tell me now?" he asked softly.

"My egg." The mumble was barely audible, but Lasciel (and Claude, who knew what was going to come out of her mouth) understood. Perking up, Lasciel asked everyone to split up and search for a dragon egg. Each dragon split off in different directions, and Claude also pretended to look, searching under and over everything that might fit a dragon egg. The tiny voice again pleaded with him to retrieve the egg again, but he mentally countered it. No, he absolutely would not take off into the sky, fly off in a specific direction, come back, and say, "there, I magically found it so far away!" That would be exceptionally stupid.

Instead, the whole group spent the rest of the day searching and searching their nearby surroundings, to, predictably, no avail. When it finally got too dark to see, Lasciel called the search off. "We can try again in the morning, Darter. I'm sorry we could not find it."

Darter seemed rather defeated and disheartened, and only mumbled something inaudible in response before collapsing to the ground to rest.

In the darkness, Claude let a smirk form momentarily on his face.
l6nCFA8.png
[size=5][b]Day 27: Battle![/b][/size] Today, we shall battle! 21 battles, with... Troll, Flameheart, and Kulukan! Oh good, Flameheart gets to start in the Training Fields. [item=Tiger Fern Tarantula] Whew! I had one very terrifying crit nearly take out Flameheart, but we survived and Flameheart is now... level 2... (Darn it, Troll and your level 6-ness taking away all the experience!) [size=5][b]Day 28: Battle![/b][/size] And more battling! This time, 47 battles with Lasciel, Claude, and Darter. When I got Claude, and my dice showed a 7 for Flameheart for a brief moment before landing on 4 for Darter, Flameheart's life flashed before my eyes. 47 battles in the Woodland Path would not have ended well for a currently-level-2 dragon. [item=Green Jelly] Well, they all survived without incident. Claude is now level 9, however, which means the next time he fights, it's going to be in the Scorched Forest, and I am nervous about that, to say the least. [size=5][b]Day 29: Jiangshi[/b][/size] Familars, so suddenly. [item=Palefoot Tadhop] After a few roles, I have determined that I am picking up a Nocturne from the realm-wide auction house. More specifically, Jiangshi, who came named as such. After looking up what the name means, I've already got her lore, and even a little of Flameheart's lore, laid out in my head. Perfect. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39228582] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/392286/39228582_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=5][b]Day 30: Apparel[/b][/size] Just when I was wondering if I would have to choose between breeding Flameheart as soon as she is ready, which will be before Darter is, or holding onto my last piece of apparel for Darter instead, I get another piece of apparel instead. I guess I'll be breeding both when they're ready! [item=Teardrop Citrine Choker]
Day 27: Battle!
Today, we shall battle! 21 battles, with... Troll, Flameheart, and Kulukan! Oh good, Flameheart gets to start in the Training Fields.
Tiger Fern Tarantula
Whew! I had one very terrifying crit nearly take out Flameheart, but we survived and Flameheart is now... level 2... (Darn it, Troll and your level 6-ness taking away all the experience!)

Day 28: Battle!
And more battling! This time, 47 battles with Lasciel, Claude, and Darter. When I got Claude, and my dice showed a 7 for Flameheart for a brief moment before landing on 4 for Darter, Flameheart's life flashed before my eyes. 47 battles in the Woodland Path would not have ended well for a currently-level-2 dragon.
Green Jelly
Well, they all survived without incident. Claude is now level 9, however, which means the next time he fights, it's going to be in the Scorched Forest, and I am nervous about that, to say the least.

Day 29: Jiangshi
Familars, so suddenly.
Palefoot Tadhop
After a few roles, I have determined that I am picking up a Nocturne from the realm-wide auction house. More specifically, Jiangshi, who came named as such. After looking up what the name means, I've already got her lore, and even a little of Flameheart's lore, laid out in my head. Perfect.

39228582_350.png

Day 30: Apparel
Just when I was wondering if I would have to choose between breeding Flameheart as soon as she is ready, which will be before Darter is, or holding onto my last piece of apparel for Darter instead, I get another piece of apparel instead. I guess I'll be breeding both when they're ready!
Teardrop Citrine Choker
l6nCFA8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20