Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Chest Challenge 2018!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/0612c1a0f0da5da11629f526e78ee5ae/tumblr_p1orflWaDf1uz91gbo2_540.png[/img][/center] Hello everyone, Another year flew by, which means we are starting a new Chest Challenge for those interested in joining. I always have a lot of fun saving my chests, but most of the fun comes from opening everything at the end of the year of course! What is the chest challenge? Mostly a test of your own self control. For the chest challenge you save up chests from specific sources for a set amount of time. Most of us try to save up for a full year, which seems difficult, but it's worth it: you will be swimming in treasure and gems at the end of the year! You can join the challenge at any point; starting in January just seems the most logical, but of course you can also start saving at a later point. Maybe you want to save for your birthday, or for FR's anniversay. It's all good! There are several difficulties you can choose from for your own chest challenge. Of course these are simple guidelines. You can make up your own rules as well by picking a + option. [color=green][b]Easy & Easy+[/b][/color] On this mode, you save up all the chests you get from bonding with familiars for a full year. You can open any chests, crates, treasure packs, and eggs found through digging, the coliseum, and during festivals. You can sell food, materials and other items you find. Easy + is an optional setting with Easy as the base goal. This leaves you free to save up other found chests or items, as you see fit. [color=orange][b]Intermediate & Intermediate+[/b][/color] Save up any chests obtained from familiars, through digging, the coliseum, and during festivals for an entire year. You can open any treasure packs or eggs, and you can sell food, materials and other items you find. Intermediate + is an optional setting with Intermediate as the base goal. This leaves you free to save up other found treasure packs, eggs or items, as you see fit. [color=red][b]Expert & Expert+[/b][/color] Save up all eggs, chests & treasure packs obtained from all sources (digging, coliseum, familiars). In addition, you can't (hoard)sell any food, materials & other items for a full year. All treasure obtained must be through exalting, fairgrounds, selling birthed dragons or reselling/sniping items from the marketplace or auction house. Expert + is an optional setting with Expert as the base goal. This leaves you free to customize your Chest Challenge experience to be as difficult as you'd like. [color=purple][b]Insanity[/b][/color] If Expert wasn't tough enough for you yet, you can go full blown hoarder and decide not to open, sell or buy anything for a full year! You can buy food for your current dragons, you can buy dragons to exalt and you can trade hoarded items for Swipp and Baldwin.
tumblr_p1orflWaDf1uz91gbo2_540.png

Hello everyone,

Another year flew by, which means we are starting a new Chest Challenge for those interested in joining. I always have a lot of fun saving my chests, but most of the fun comes from opening everything at the end of the year of course!

What is the chest challenge? Mostly a test of your own self control. For the chest challenge you save up chests from specific sources for a set amount of time. Most of us try to save up for a full year, which seems difficult, but it's worth it: you will be swimming in treasure and gems at the end of the year! You can join the challenge at any point; starting in January just seems the most logical, but of course you can also start saving at a later point. Maybe you want to save for your birthday, or for FR's anniversay. It's all good!

There are several difficulties you can choose from for your own chest challenge. Of course these are simple guidelines. You can make up your own rules as well by picking a + option.

Easy & Easy+
On this mode, you save up all the chests you get from bonding with familiars for a full year. You can open any chests, crates, treasure packs, and eggs found through digging, the coliseum, and during festivals. You can sell food, materials and other items you find.

Easy + is an optional setting with Easy as the base goal. This leaves you free to save up other found chests or items, as you see fit.

Intermediate & Intermediate+
Save up any chests obtained from familiars, through digging, the coliseum, and during festivals for an entire year. You can open any treasure packs or eggs, and you can sell food, materials and other items you find.

Intermediate + is an optional setting with Intermediate as the base goal. This leaves you free to save up other found treasure packs, eggs or items, as you see fit.

Expert & Expert+
Save up all eggs, chests & treasure packs obtained from all sources (digging, coliseum, familiars). In addition, you can't (hoard)sell any food, materials & other items for a full year. All treasure obtained must be through exalting, fairgrounds, selling birthed dragons or reselling/sniping items from the marketplace or auction house.

Expert + is an optional setting with Expert as the base goal. This leaves you free to customize your Chest Challenge experience to be as difficult as you'd like.

Insanity
If Expert wasn't tough enough for you yet, you can go full blown hoarder and decide not to open, sell or buy anything for a full year! You can buy food for your current dragons, you can buy dragons to exalt and you can trade hoarded items for Swipp and Baldwin.

title_layer_middle_x2.png
[center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/c5d37b39525b4b6389e0b46e44a9bf27/tumblr_p1orflWaDf1uz91gbo3_540.png[/img][/center] [LIST] [*]Starting with a clean hoard is a good idea. Items can be vaulted, sold or converted as needed but the goal is to have a clean inventory so you can really track what you've gained over the year. [*]Put all chests in the vault as soon as you obtain/record them. You're less likely to want to open them if you don't see them all the time. [*]Put your awakened familiars in your vault as soon as they become awakened. Cycle those out with your non-awakened familiars. [*]Try to bond with all of your familiars each day. Those chests really add up quick! [*]Your email adress will not show up in the spreadsheet. We can only see the information you put there yourself. [*]Lore writers can get creative with this challenge as well! Which dragons collect the chests? Who are the vault/treasure guards? Any clan members looking to steal chests for that sweet gene scroll they've been wanting forever? Lots of possiblities I think. If you want to post your lore regarding this challenge, I would love that! [*]Got any questions or need help? Don't hesitate to ask! [/LIST]
tumblr_p1orflWaDf1uz91gbo3_540.png

• Starting with a clean hoard is a good idea. Items can be vaulted, sold or converted as needed but the goal is to have a clean inventory so you can really track what you've gained over the year.
  • Put all chests in the vault as soon as you obtain/record them. You're less likely to want to open them if you don't see them all the time.
  • Put your awakened familiars in your vault as soon as they become awakened. Cycle those out with your non-awakened familiars.
  • Try to bond with all of your familiars each day. Those chests really add up quick!
  • Your email adress will not show up in the spreadsheet. We can only see the information you put there yourself.
  • Lore writers can get creative with this challenge as well! Which dragons collect the chests? Who are the vault/treasure guards? Any clan members looking to steal chests for that sweet gene scroll they've been wanting forever? Lots of possiblities I think. If you want to post your lore regarding this challenge, I would love that!
  • Got any questions or need help? Don't hesitate to ask!
[center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/f465c53ac20b5e1294199f237fe36b52/tumblr_p1orflWaDf1uz91gbo1_540.png[/img][/center] There are two sheets we use for the chest challenge. There is a master sheet which list the totals of everyone who is in the challenge. Here you can check your own totals and see how well you are doing compared to other people. Then there is a personal sheet which is where you track your chests. [center][size=5][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ktxCZLc4oaZJ9pY-sPhnzhQgTlVtz2CwMH2ENJ6547A/edit?usp=sharing]Mastersheet[/url] – [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-4BP3cfcat2Ic6NGceCZ0T7RhTY7Xjj6snbYE9J_gQ4/edit?usp=sharing]Personal sheet[/url][/size][/center] Please follow these steps to get started: 1. Make a copy (File ---> Make a copy) of the personal spreadsheet linked above. This is the spreadsheet where you will keep track of all of your openable items. Please do not delete any columns or rows. It's fine if you want to change the colours of things to make it more personalised! Don't forget to fill in your user information or I won't be able to add you to the mastersheet. 2. Share your spreadsheet link with me. To do this, click 'Share' in the top corner, and then click 'Get Shareable Link' and then copy the link that generates. I do not need editing access; I just need to be able to view the sheet. If you do not see yourself on the Master Sheet it means I wasn't given viewing access to your sheet so make sure to get the shareable link. You can either message me your link or simply post it in the thread. And that's all there is to it really! The Master sheet will update automatically when you makes changes or edit data on your personal sheet. If you sign up for the ping list, you will get a ping at the end of the month to remind you to update your sheet. I will also ping when changes in the sheet have been made such as when new treasure packs have been added. I personally prefer to subscribe (click the star icon top right) to this forum thread; that way you automatically get a notification when someone posts in the thread. I hope this will also help to keep the thread active and engaging. If you subscribe, you don't need to be on the pinglist. [u][b]Please let me know if you want to be pinged when you share your sheet link.[/b][/u] [center]I hope you are excited to start saving up for 2018. [/center] [center]Happy chest hunting![/center] Pings for next year: Dragonartist24 - Maevepanda - 3ctoplasm - take2thesky - Weredogalism - IndecisiveOCD
tumblr_p1orflWaDf1uz91gbo1_540.png

There are two sheets we use for the chest challenge. There is a master sheet which list the totals of everyone who is in the challenge. Here you can check your own totals and see how well you are doing compared to other people. Then there is a personal sheet which is where you track your chests.

Please follow these steps to get started:

1. Make a copy (File ---> Make a copy) of the personal spreadsheet linked above. This is the spreadsheet where you will keep track of all of your openable items. Please do not delete any columns or rows. It's fine if you want to change the colours of things to make it more personalised! Don't forget to fill in your user information or I won't be able to add you to the mastersheet.

2. Share your spreadsheet link with me. To do this, click 'Share' in the top corner, and then click 'Get Shareable Link' and then copy the link that generates. I do not need editing access; I just need to be able to view the sheet. If you do not see yourself on the Master Sheet it means I wasn't given viewing access to your sheet so make sure to get the shareable link. You can either message me your link or simply post it in the thread.

And that's all there is to it really! The Master sheet will update automatically when you makes changes or edit data on your personal sheet.

If you sign up for the ping list, you will get a ping at the end of the month to remind you to update your sheet. I will also ping when changes in the sheet have been made such as when new treasure packs have been added. I personally prefer to subscribe (click the star icon top right) to this forum thread; that way you automatically get a notification when someone posts in the thread. I hope this will also help to keep the thread active and engaging. If you subscribe, you don't need to be on the pinglist.

Please let me know if you want to be pinged when you share your sheet link.

I hope you are excited to start saving up for 2018.
Happy chest hunting!

Pings for next year: Dragonartist24 - Maevepanda - 3ctoplasm - take2thesky - Weredogalism - IndecisiveOCD

@Baird @cosmoknight @lostthought @wrecknrule @KatzPetz @AceofCards @dogking @Immuno @TheFezonator @Buffykiev @PastCat @Emordnilap @ghosthymn @FenVyrus @ElecSquirrel10 @Escher84 @YouThereYeaYou @Venneris @Nicole89 @Klawaw @Yazi @DJWolfe @PythonPrincess @RagingSea @cyleris @GrecianZephyrus @Hanelli @Gaia @Khrome @Mightymur @Vanquished @CriminalxIntent @DrZiegler @danijust @NewYorkie @Chrisondra @DragonDraws @Morhighana @pedroinboxfort @Zamirathe @buckyybarnes @Paperdragon337 @Valyrie @Kongjian @CoolPepCat @Becquerell @DragonSanctuary @Hanabikun @KingAlistair @TimelordSnowy @Moonpiebandit @Tigerdog
@Sabliere @Anzeh @CyborgCondesce @cherryy @PixieKnight3264 @twotone
@Archon1 @Artificiary @Camrrito @Solanceae @Raccoongirl @literatim

Hello everyone!

The chest challenge 2018 thread is now open. I hope you will all decide to join in for another year. This is the only ping you will be getting from me (unless you join and sign up for the pinglist) so if you aren't interested, that's fine too!

@Baird @cosmoknight @lostthought @wrecknrule @KatzPetz @AceofCards @dogking @Immuno @TheFezonator @Buffykiev @PastCat @Emordnilap @ghosthymn @FenVyrus @ElecSquirrel10 @Escher84 @YouThereYeaYou @Venneris @Nicole89 @Klawaw @Yazi @DJWolfe @PythonPrincess @RagingSea @cyleris @GrecianZephyrus @Hanelli @Gaia @Khrome @Mightymur @Vanquished @CriminalxIntent @DrZiegler @danijust @NewYorkie @Chrisondra @DragonDraws @Morhighana @pedroinboxfort @Zamirathe @buckyybarnes @Paperdragon337 @Valyrie @Kongjian @CoolPepCat @Becquerell @DragonSanctuary @Hanabikun @KingAlistair @TimelordSnowy @Moonpiebandit @Tigerdog
@Sabliere @Anzeh @CyborgCondesce @cherryy @PixieKnight3264 @twotone
@Archon1 @Artificiary @Camrrito @Solanceae @Raccoongirl @literatim

Hello everyone!

The chest challenge 2018 thread is now open. I hope you will all decide to join in for another year. This is the only ping you will be getting from me (unless you join and sign up for the pinglist) so if you aren't interested, that's fine too!
As the host, I get the honor of being the first to join the challenge, yay!

This year, I am only doing intermediate+. I am saving up for some super expensive stuff, so I need to sell as much food/Baldwin/Swipp stuff as I can. Everything else will be hoarded and saved up though! I've already saved up a bit in December because I run my challenge from November to November. After the Earth festival and before NotN is always so boring, so I like to open then!

My sheet

I got quite a lot of currency from my opening in November. 3,9 million treasure and around 3200 gems. So for this year my only goal is topping that and hitting 4 million and 3500 gems. Anyone else setting a specific goal for themselves?

As the host, I get the honor of being the first to join the challenge, yay!

This year, I am only doing intermediate+. I am saving up for some super expensive stuff, so I need to sell as much food/Baldwin/Swipp stuff as I can. Everything else will be hoarded and saved up though! I've already saved up a bit in December because I run my challenge from November to November. After the Earth festival and before NotN is always so boring, so I like to open then!

My sheet

I got quite a lot of currency from my opening in November. 3,9 million treasure and around 3200 gems. So for this year my only goal is topping that and hitting 4 million and 3500 gems. Anyone else setting a specific goal for themselves?

Always participating in this challenge! <3 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g2MctqpAmdoWtHZ0OPRiXa8DYR_3kb8cgNC7P_hZkVE/edit?usp=sharing My numbers may seem a bit off, but my chest challenge year is from June to May/June, so I am actually already halfway through my year xD I hadn't thought about goals yet.. I dug through last year's thread, and found this: [quote=June 2017 opening]I opened: 2140 rusted treasure chests 485 iron treasure chests 202 gilded decorative chests roughly 1400 treasure packs from the coliseum/digging/scavenging I got: 6,000,000 treasure 4,500 gems 2,750,000 treasure worth of hoardsell value (including trinkets, materials, apparel and familiars) 871 apparel pieces 325 familiars[/quote] It seems I already beat those numbers (in terms of chests), so I am not sure what kind of goal to set for myself. I must admit that I have been incredibly lucky the past few weeks with trade deals to get my chests, and I don't expect to get as luck in the second 6 months of the year.. But I must stay ambitious.... *rubs chin* Alright, I'll go 12 million treasure (in pure and hoardsell combined) and 6k gems (in pure). That'll keep me occupied!
Always participating in this challenge! <3

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g2MctqpAmdoWtHZ0OPRiXa8DYR_3kb8cgNC7P_hZkVE/edit?usp=sharing

My numbers may seem a bit off, but my chest challenge year is from June to May/June, so I am actually already halfway through my year xD

I hadn't thought about goals yet.. I dug through last year's thread, and found this:
June 2017 opening wrote:
I opened:
2140 rusted treasure chests
485 iron treasure chests
202 gilded decorative chests
roughly 1400 treasure packs from the coliseum/digging/scavenging

I got:
6,000,000 treasure
4,500 gems
2,750,000 treasure worth of hoardsell value (including trinkets, materials, apparel and familiars)
871 apparel pieces
325 familiars

It seems I already beat those numbers (in terms of chests), so I am not sure what kind of goal to set for myself. I must admit that I have been incredibly lucky the past few weeks with trade deals to get my chests, and I don't expect to get as luck in the second 6 months of the year.. But I must stay ambitious.... *rubs chin*

Alright, I'll go 12 million treasure (in pure and hoardsell combined) and 6k gems (in pure). That'll keep me occupied!
@Louretta

i'll be doing expert mode! my spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgyzQQOOPA8ZmsM5nqfvyL_ySAsSTDnM5Yr_iGlH3g4/edit?usp=sharing
@Louretta

i'll be doing expert mode! my spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgyzQQOOPA8ZmsM5nqfvyL_ySAsSTDnM5Yr_iGlH3g4/edit?usp=sharing
257.png he/they
FR+0
quest thread
friend RQs ok!
@literatim
Awesome, you've been added!
@literatim
Awesome, you've been added!
@Louretta
I'm doing Intermidiate + (In which I'll sell things, but I wont open anything)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Taul_tcEclza4_sekrM0-FIlI372iXJFfcrt3PHcmZo/edit?usp=sharing
I'm yet to open my first hoard, which was this years, but I'm looking forward to it.
@Louretta
I'm doing Intermidiate + (In which I'll sell things, but I wont open anything)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Taul_tcEclza4_sekrM0-FIlI372iXJFfcrt3PHcmZo/edit?usp=sharing
I'm yet to open my first hoard, which was this years, but I'm looking forward to it.
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
@Solanceae
You've been added as well. I hope you get a lot of nice stuff when you open!
@Solanceae
You've been added as well. I hope you get a lot of nice stuff when you open!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25