Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | To The Pillar • Pinkerlocke
[center][size=7][font=century gothic][color=#af75b0]To The Pillar[/size][/color][/font] [size=3][color=#af75b0][font=century gothic]A Pinkerlocke[/font][/color][/size] [img]http://puu.sh/wQSaP/c2814fc0c0.png[/img] Dragonhome can be an inhospitable place to those who are unprepared. Sen has dreamed of the Pillar all his life, but is he ready for the long struggle across the Shattered Plain? This thread will chronicle Sen's journey through Dragonhome to start a clan at the base of the Pillar. I'm using the rules set out in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1722254/1]this linked post.[/url] Feel free to follow along, post on the thread or ask to be pinged for updates. [size=5]Starting Players[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34520091][img]http://puu.sh/wQSdc/72b5d633a1.png[/img][/url] Sen, the Wanderer [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34503438][img]http://puu.sh/wQSmH/7438d59426.png[/img][/url] Charis of the Black Iron Mercenary Company [/center]
To The Pillar
A Pinkerlocke
c2814fc0c0.png

Dragonhome can be an inhospitable place to those who are unprepared. Sen has dreamed of the Pillar all his life, but is he ready for the long struggle across the Shattered Plain?

This thread will chronicle Sen's journey through Dragonhome to start a clan at the base of the Pillar. I'm using the rules set out in this linked post. Feel free to follow along, post on the thread or ask to be pinged for updates.

Starting Players

72b5d633a1.png
Sen, the Wanderer

7438d59426.png
Charis of the Black Iron Mercenary Company
qesQFkT.gif
reserved post for stuff
reserved post for stuff
qesQFkT.gif
Day 1 Item: Sticky Pollen (Material) [item=sticky pollen] Lore time. I updated each dragon's bio with a diary entry. [quote]Sen's Diary Day 1. By the gods, I can't see it yet, but it's close. Soon we'll be walking with the pillar on our horizon and the hot sun on our backs. The Shadowbinder has been kind to me- I encountered no trouble in her domain, and I have hired a mercenary by the name of Charis. Silent, for the most part, so I can't tell what she thinks of me, but it's still better than traveling alone.[/quote] [quote]Charis's Diary Day 1. Today we reached the end of the Tangled Wood and began our journey across the plains. Progress is slow, but I'm being cautious. This place is too empty, exposed, and I'm not taking any risks. It won't be long before we run into some of the local wildlife.[/quote]
Day 1

Item: Sticky Pollen (Material)
Sticky Pollen

Lore time. I updated each dragon's bio with a diary entry.
Quote:
Sen's Diary

Day 1. By the gods, I can't see it yet, but it's close. Soon we'll be walking with the pillar on our horizon and the hot sun on our backs. The Shadowbinder has been kind to me- I encountered no trouble in her domain, and I have hired a mercenary by the name of Charis. Silent, for the most part, so I can't tell what she thinks of me, but it's still better than traveling alone.
Quote:
Charis's Diary

Day 1. Today we reached the end of the Tangled Wood and began our journey across the plains. Progress is slow, but I'm being cautious. This place is too empty, exposed, and I'm not taking any risks. It won't be long before we run into some of the local wildlife.
qesQFkT.gif
[center][b]Day 2: Dreams[/b] Item: Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Ring (Clothing) [item=Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Ring] To do: Breed two dragons, replaced with Writing (Though both dragons are RTB, lore-wise they don't know each other very well so that would be...weird. Also excuse me while I play around with the format, from now on I will be ditching the diaries and writing in plain ol' paragraphs)[/center] * "You talk in your sleep." Sen blinked, bleary-eyed,and raised his head to look at his companion. The nocturne was perched above a small outcrop. She raised one of her wings to shield her eyes from the morning sun and scanned the horizon. "What was I saying?" Sen asked. He uncoiled and hopped towards her. Charis shot him a glance he couldn't quite read, then looked away again. "We should get moving. I saw a pack of longnecks not far away that I want to avoid, and we need to make the most of the daylight." * Traveling was hot, difficult and dull. They flew low to the ground, weaving around sandstone formations that loomed out of the ground like the remains of some long-forgotten city, and soon even the agile Sen was flagging. Thanks to Charis's scouting they had avoided combat with any of the area's longneck tribes, but were no less exhausted and aching by the time the sun dipped below the horizon. The pair made camp that night in a shallow cave, and Charis listened to the wind howl through the rocks until the embers from the fire faded down and she finally slept.
Day 2: Dreams

Item: Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Ring (Clothing)
Teardrop Lapis Lazuli Ring
To do: Breed two dragons, replaced with Writing

(Though both dragons are RTB, lore-wise they don't know each other very well so that would be...weird. Also excuse me while I play around with the format, from now on I will be ditching the diaries and writing in plain ol' paragraphs)

"You talk in your sleep."
Sen blinked, bleary-eyed,and raised his head to look at his companion. The nocturne was perched above a small outcrop. She raised one of her wings to shield her eyes from the morning sun and scanned the horizon.
"What was I saying?" Sen asked. He uncoiled and hopped towards her.
Charis shot him a glance he couldn't quite read, then looked away again. "We should get moving. I saw a pack of longnecks not far away that I want to avoid, and we need to make the most of the daylight."
Traveling was hot, difficult and dull. They flew low to the ground, weaving around sandstone formations that loomed out of the ground like the remains of some long-forgotten city, and soon even the agile Sen was flagging.
Thanks to Charis's scouting they had avoided combat with any of the area's longneck tribes, but were no less exhausted and aching by the time the sun dipped below the horizon.
The pair made camp that night in a shallow cave, and Charis listened to the wind howl through the rocks until the embers from the fire faded down and she finally slept.

qesQFkT.gif
[center][b]Day 3 & 4: Cairnstone[/b] Item: Smooth Pebbles (Material) Ragepuff Down (Material) [item=smooth pebbles] To do: Writing (This is super short because I completely forgot and I've been writing something else all day...I don't have a lot of brainpower left LOL) Sen and Charis reached the end of the twisting maze of rock formations early the following day, and rather abruptly found themselves on a wide, open plain. Around them, stones had been piled up in great mounds, some larger than others. No birds flew through the sky here, and Sen could see no movement as he scanned the ground. Where were the longneck tribes? Charis realised first what they had stumbled upon, and she threw her wings forward to stop herself and then hovered, anxious. “Wait,” she called out. He looped round and flew back to her, eyes darting around them. “What’s wrong?” “This is a burial ground. We shouldn’t be here. We need to leave before we disturb anything.” Sen looped in mid-air, cloak billowing out behind him like a third set of wings, and then with no response he headed for the ground. [/center]
Day 3 & 4: Cairnstone

Item: Smooth Pebbles (Material) Ragepuff Down (Material)
Smooth Pebbles
To do: Writing

(This is super short because I completely forgot and I've been writing something else all day...I don't have a lot of brainpower left LOL)

Sen and Charis reached the end of the twisting maze of rock formations early the following day, and rather abruptly found themselves on a wide, open plain. Around them, stones had been piled up in great mounds, some larger than others. No birds flew through the sky here, and Sen could see no movement as he scanned the ground. Where were the longneck tribes?
Charis realised first what they had stumbled upon, and she threw her wings forward to stop herself and then hovered, anxious. “Wait,” she called out.
He looped round and flew back to her, eyes darting around them. “What’s wrong?”
“This is a burial ground. We shouldn’t be here. We need to leave before we disturb anything.”
Sen looped in mid-air, cloak billowing out behind him like a third set of wings, and then with no response he headed for the ground.
qesQFkT.gif
[center](Missed a few days. Whoops. I'll do what I can remember) [b]Day 5 & 6: Disturbed[/b] Item: Drywood Termite (food) and Battered Gauntlet (trinket) [item=drywood termite] [item=battered gauntlet] To do: 20-30 battles, art Charis trailed reluctantly behind her charge as he headed towards the nearest cairn. Something was off. She could feel it in the stillness of the air, the unnerving quiet that enfolded them as they stepped between the stones. She couldn't wait to be back in the sky. A noise like cascading pebbles came from behind her, and she snapped round, but could see nothing. Sen was engrossed in studying something at the foot of the nearest cairn. He hadn't heard it, and he didn't hear her when she said his name softly in warning. With a sigh, Charis set off towards the source of the noise. She had barely passed the next cairn when something jumped out of her, flinging a bolt of magic. With a screech, Charis dodged and slashed at it with her claws. It fell to the ground, dead- a strange, skeletal Mith. Another noise made her look up, only to see several more of the creatures advancing towards them. "Sen," she called, louder this time, "I need a bit of help here." * They made short work of the enemies, in the end, and though there had been some scrapes and bruises and an incident in which Sen had been hit squarely in the face with a contuse spell and tied himself in a knot, neither of them were seriously injured. [item=primrose mith] Another noise made them both tense, but upon searching the area Sen found an injured, but alive, Primrose Mith. [img]http://puu.sh/wWSko/e268f8a1be.png[/img] Art: Cartoony human Sen Sen and Charis are now both level 3! [/center]
(Missed a few days. Whoops. I'll do what I can remember)

Day 5 & 6: Disturbed

Item: Drywood Termite (food) and Battered Gauntlet (trinket)
Drywood Termite Battered Gauntlet

To do: 20-30 battles, art

Charis trailed reluctantly behind her charge as he headed towards the nearest cairn. Something was off. She could feel it in the stillness of the air, the unnerving quiet that enfolded them as they stepped between the stones. She couldn't wait to be back in the sky.
A noise like cascading pebbles came from behind her, and she snapped round, but could see nothing. Sen was engrossed in studying something at the foot of the nearest cairn. He hadn't heard it, and he didn't hear her when she said his name softly in warning.
With a sigh, Charis set off towards the source of the noise. She had barely passed the next cairn when something jumped out of her, flinging a bolt of magic. With a screech, Charis dodged and slashed at it with her claws. It fell to the ground, dead- a strange, skeletal Mith.
Another noise made her look up, only to see several more of the creatures advancing towards them. "Sen," she called, louder this time, "I need a bit of help here."
They made short work of the enemies, in the end, and though there had been some scrapes and bruises and an incident in which Sen had been hit squarely in the face with a contuse spell and tied himself in a knot, neither of them were seriously injured.
Primrose Mith
Another noise made them both tense, but upon searching the area Sen found an injured, but alive, Primrose Mith.

e268f8a1be.png
Art: Cartoony human Sen

Sen and Charis are now both level 3!
qesQFkT.gif
[center][b]Day 7: Danger[/b] Item: Arctic Scrub (plant) [item=arctic scrub] To do: 10-20 battles The burial ground turned out to be a lot bigger than they were expecting. As Charis slashed through the final enemy she cursed herself for having chosen this route. "Let's go," Sen called, his new familiar clutched gently in his claws, and they took to the sky. (I am not gonna be able to update this every day, but I'll try my best!)[/center]
Day 7: Danger

Item: Arctic Scrub (plant)
Arctic Scrub

To do: 10-20 battles

The burial ground turned out to be a lot bigger than they were expecting. As Charis slashed through the final enemy she cursed herself for having chosen this route.
"Let's go," Sen called, his new familiar clutched gently in his claws, and they took to the sky.

(I am not gonna be able to update this every day, but I'll try my best!)
qesQFkT.gif
[center][b]Day 8: New Arrival[/b] Item: Cursed Bat (familiar) [item=cursed bat] To do: New dragon The mood at camp was light that evening, despite the earlier ordeal. Whether from nerves or camaraderie, Charis's no-nonsense facade had cracked- at least enough for Sen to try and get her to mimic increasingly ridiculous actions. Laughter rang out across the empty landscape, and the intruder was almost upon them before Charis noticed the heavy footfalls approaching their camp. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34781702] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/347818/34781702_350.png[/img] [/url] Knight Errant Plantbloom[/center]
Day 8: New Arrival

Item: Cursed Bat (familiar)
Cursed Bat

To do: New dragon

The mood at camp was light that evening, despite the earlier ordeal. Whether from nerves or camaraderie, Charis's no-nonsense facade had cracked- at least enough for Sen to try and get her to mimic increasingly ridiculous actions.
Laughter rang out across the empty landscape, and the intruder was almost upon them before Charis noticed the heavy footfalls approaching their camp.

34781702_350.png

Knight Errant Plantbloom
qesQFkT.gif