Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WCS] Masquerade Mayhem Mafia - Done
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/tGJmcKh.jpg[/img] [b]Signups[/b] | Discussion | Lynch | Dance [b]Introduction[/b] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2167096#post_26730376]Players[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2167096#post_26730378]Rules and Guidelines[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2167096#post_26730380]Mechanics[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2167096#post_26730387]Miscellaneous[/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20037166][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ypslccd.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]”You!” comes a sharp voice from behind your shoulder. “Hey, you!” You turn to see a blue and white coatl, dressed in festival finery. She smiles at you, her countenance rather toothily feline, and places a message scroll in your hands. “I think you dropped this, my friend.” You look obligingly at it. It’s thick, creamy vellum tied with a black ribbon and a red seal. You’re pretty sure you’ve never seen it before. You turn to protest to the coatl that it’s not yours, but she’s already gone. Oh well. A little snooping never hurt anyone, did it? You pry the seal off and open the scroll. Fluid, graceful calligraphy jumps out at you. Your jaw drops as you read - you’ve inadvertently come into possession of an invitation to one of Sornieth’s most exclusive balls, the Marvelous Masquerade. In your excitement, you skip over all the fine print at the bottom. (“The Masquerade Planning Committee is not responsible for injury or loss of property resulting from attendance”? Bah, boring legalese.)[/i] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Introduction[/size][/b][/font][/center] Mafia (or Werewolf, as it's often known) is an intense psychological game of paranoia, deception, and intrigue. In a game of mafia, a small group of mafia seek to kill the town, and the town seek to lynch (collectively kill) the mafia before they die. The mafia know who each other are, and the town don't. This is the central concept of mafia: an informed minority against an uninformed majority. During each turn, people can talk and decide who they think are mafia. Everyone votes, and the person with the most votes is lynched (killed by the game as a whole) at the end of the turn, or day. Also during the day, players with special abilities (typically referred to as power roles) choose whether or not they want to use their ability. The mafia also have an ability by default - the ability to kill (thus removing) a player from the game. Immediately after the lynch, all the special abilities used during the day take effects. Then the turn ends and a new turn begins. The mafia win when they overpower the town; the town wins when it lynches all the mafia. The town's job is to identify people as possible town or mafia, and they do that by talking and questioning them. The mafia want to appear as towny as possible and avoid being lynched. Of course, both sides want to use power roles in order to further their aims. To add to the confusion, some players may not be aligned with either the town or mafia! These players must satisfy their own unique win conditions in order to win. [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Expectations[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]This is a [b]non-RP[/b] game. You are expected to engage with it without roleplaying a dragon. If you also want to RP on top of that, I’m not stopping you, but it’s not particularly encouraged. [*]This is a [b]fast[/b] game. Days will last at least 21 hours, with a lockdown period of no more than 3 hours to allow me to process actions (that means 24 hours from lockdown to lockdown). There is no night phase, which means actions must be submitted during the day. [*]This is a [b]reading-heavy[/b] game. Its predecessor ran about 60 pages over the course of a real life day; in total, it was well over 350 pages in one week. Games have only gotten more voluminous over the intervening year. I would not find 80 pages in a day to be overly surprising. [*]This is a [b]role-heavy[/b] game. Expect to have an ability of power (how much power will vary). The setup has not been reviewed very tightly, so there might be unforeseen game-breaking interactions or swinginess. [*]This is potentially a [b]b/astard[/b] game by at least one definition - I may lie to you as a result of a role or mechanic. However, I will not omit role information or involve myself in the game in unscripted ways. This game will always be respectful of your time. There is no Maritime Mayhem-esque twist here, I promise. [*]This is a [b]demanding[/b] game. For the most part, it’s not one you can just play for half an hour and put down for the day. You will want to be online for extended periods of time or multiple times throughout the day. [*]This is an [b]emotionally intense[/b] game. While I do seek to create a safe environment for all players, mafia requires contentious, if good natured, argument. Conflict is inevitable, but that doesn’t mean anyone in this game dislikes you personally. [*]This is ultimately a [b]fun[/b] game, and I hope you’ll enjoy it! [/list]
tGJmcKh.jpg

Signups | Discussion | Lynch | Dance
Introduction | Players | Rules and Guidelines | Mechanics | Miscellaneous

Ypslccd.png

”You!” comes a sharp voice from behind your shoulder. “Hey, you!”

You turn to see a blue and white coatl, dressed in festival finery. She smiles at you, her countenance rather toothily feline, and places a message scroll in your hands. “I think you dropped this, my friend.”

You look obligingly at it. It’s thick, creamy vellum tied with a black ribbon and a red seal. You’re pretty sure you’ve never seen it before. You turn to protest to the coatl that it’s not yours, but she’s already gone.

Oh well. A little snooping never hurt anyone, did it? You pry the seal off and open the scroll.

Fluid, graceful calligraphy jumps out at you. Your jaw drops as you read - you’ve inadvertently come into possession of an invitation to one of Sornieth’s most exclusive balls, the Marvelous Masquerade. In your excitement, you skip over all the fine print at the bottom. (“The Masquerade Planning Committee is not responsible for injury or loss of property resulting from attendance”? Bah, boring legalese.)

Introduction

Mafia (or Werewolf, as it's often known) is an intense psychological game of paranoia, deception, and intrigue. In a game of mafia, a small group of mafia seek to kill the town, and the town seek to lynch (collectively kill) the mafia before they die. The mafia know who each other are, and the town don't. This is the central concept of mafia: an informed minority against an uninformed majority.

During each turn, people can talk and decide who they think are mafia. Everyone votes, and the person with the most votes is lynched (killed by the game as a whole) at the end of the turn, or day. Also during the day, players with special abilities (typically referred to as power roles) choose whether or not they want to use their ability. The mafia also have an ability by default - the ability to kill (thus removing) a player from the game. Immediately after the lynch, all the special abilities used during the day take effects. Then the turn ends and a new turn begins.

The mafia win when they overpower the town; the town wins when it lynches all the mafia. The town's job is to identify people as possible town or mafia, and they do that by talking and questioning them. The mafia want to appear as towny as possible and avoid being lynched. Of course, both sides want to use power roles in order to further their aims. To add to the confusion, some players may not be aligned with either the town or mafia! These players must satisfy their own unique win conditions in order to win.

Expectations

• This is a non-RP game. You are expected to engage with it without roleplaying a dragon. If you also want to RP on top of that, I’m not stopping you, but it’s not particularly encouraged.
  • This is a fast game. Days will last at least 21 hours, with a lockdown period of no more than 3 hours to allow me to process actions (that means 24 hours from lockdown to lockdown). There is no night phase, which means actions must be submitted during the day.
  • This is a reading-heavy game. Its predecessor ran about 60 pages over the course of a real life day; in total, it was well over 350 pages in one week. Games have only gotten more voluminous over the intervening year. I would not find 80 pages in a day to be overly surprising.
  • This is a role-heavy game. Expect to have an ability of power (how much power will vary). The setup has not been reviewed very tightly, so there might be unforeseen game-breaking interactions or swinginess.
  • This is potentially a b/astard game by at least one definition - I may lie to you as a result of a role or mechanic. However, I will not omit role information or involve myself in the game in unscripted ways. This game will always be respectful of your time. There is no Maritime Mayhem-esque twist here, I promise.
  • This is a demanding game. For the most part, it’s not one you can just play for half an hour and put down for the day. You will want to be online for extended periods of time or multiple times throughout the day.
  • This is an emotionally intense game. While I do seek to create a safe environment for all players, mafia requires contentious, if good natured, argument. Conflict is inevitable, but that doesn’t mean anyone in this game dislikes you personally.
  • This is ultimately a fun game, and I hope you’ll enjoy it!
MM82e8q.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rF4Pxcm.jpg[/img][/center] To join, ping me with a message to that effect! If you're joining as a player, you are encouraged to specify a pronoun. [s]Water Flighters may not join as a regular player unless signups fail to fill in a timely manner. If you are in Water, please join as a replacement or spectator![/s] Signups are now also open to Water Flight! There may (oh, who am I kidding; there [i]will[/i]) be participation prizes, including a handful of tickets to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2167093]Marriage of the Sea[/url] raffle (or our in-flight raffle, if you are Water.) [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Players[/size][/b][/font][/center] Joining is a commitment. Please do not join if you [i]know[/i] you’re not going to be able to play through the week. After you have joined, you may [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/msgs/new?to=Stanari&subject=MMM: Mask Picks]PM me[/url] with your choice of mask from the list under Mechanics. (You may request as many as you wish; I'll go in order and try to give you one you want.) Pick order will be hidden and randomized. Anyone who hasn't chosen a mask by the time I randomize roles (sometime Thursday or Friday, likely, but you'll have at least 24 hours of warning) will receive a random mask. [list=1][*]@Ambrose [*]@Leremis [*]@Alphadragon [*]@FloatingInSpace [*]@Imraldera [*]@LibreNoctre [*]@StormDragon21 [*]@Journey [*]@Gwendolyn [*]@TrickingFate [*]@Tsaiah [*]@polygone [*]@mrsnegcol [*]@Wintrymix [*]@Mithent [*]@Shougoney [*]@SweetToothArt [*]@GiroGirl723 [*]@carpha [*]@Firo [*]@Varikset [*]@Katsra [*]@Widmo [*]@ValkyrieDragon [*]@luxmold [*]@Snowpea [*]@DuskyFlareon [*]@Oricole [*]@RaikuKawisa [*]@anika [*]@Winterreise [*]@blanketgender [*]@Warriorgirl1234 [*]@Crystalinastar [*]@Origamer [*]@FM84[/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Replacements[/size][/b][/font][/center] Those [s]poor sods[/s] valiant souls who are willing to rescue an inactive slot. For your troubles, I'll bribe you with (even more?) participation prizes. [list][*]@crateshya [*]@Rosetta248 [*]@AureaImperatrix [*]@Winterreise [*]@StormDreamer [*]@deztora [*]@SilverNight104 [*]@MadisonFae [*]@evosoul [*]@Turquoiseturtle [*] [*](infinite slots)[/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Spectators[/size][/b][/font][/center] Can’t spare the time for this game? Neither can I, to be honest, but you can still watch from afar! There will be delicious popcorn and tasty spoilers. (Quicktopic and Discord versions both available.) [list][*]@sherlockgoldfish [*]@Moonwater [*]@drgnsX [*]@Riverspell [*]@Kalideoscope [*]@Rangiku [*]@Aeroden [*]@Nerasis [*]@anika [*]@Bearclaws [*]@SmashedFish [*]@helenehime [*]@Druddigon8 [*]@Lenox [*]@Xoanon [*]@Coolkid [*]@chocollama [*]@Pandacow [*]@FlufferLover [*]@SelenaSilverwolf [*] [*](infinite slots)[/list]
rF4Pxcm.jpg

To join, ping me with a message to that effect! If you're joining as a player, you are encouraged to specify a pronoun. Water Flighters may not join as a regular player unless signups fail to fill in a timely manner. If you are in Water, please join as a replacement or spectator! Signups are now also open to Water Flight!

There may (oh, who am I kidding; there will) be participation prizes, including a handful of tickets to the Marriage of the Sea raffle (or our in-flight raffle, if you are Water.)

Players

Joining is a commitment. Please do not join if you know you’re not going to be able to play through the week.

After you have joined, you may PM me with your choice of mask from the list under Mechanics. (You may request as many as you wish; I'll go in order and try to give you one you want.) Pick order will be hidden and randomized. Anyone who hasn't chosen a mask by the time I randomize roles (sometime Thursday or Friday, likely, but you'll have at least 24 hours of warning) will receive a random mask.

1. @Ambrose
  2. @Leremis
  3. @Alphadragon
  4. @FloatingInSpace
  5. @Imraldera
  6. @LibreNoctre
  7. @StormDragon21
  8. @Journey
  9. @Gwendolyn
  10. @TrickingFate
  11. @Tsaiah
  12. @polygone
  13. @mrsnegcol
  14. @Wintrymix
  15. @Mithent
  16. @Shougoney
  17. @SweetToothArt
  18. @GiroGirl723
  19. @carpha
  20. @Firo
  21. @Varikset
  22. @Katsra
  23. @Widmo
  24. @ValkyrieDragon
  25. @luxmold
  26. @Snowpea
  27. @DuskyFlareon
  28. @Oricole
  29. @RaikuKawisa
  30. @anika
  31. @Winterreise
  32. @blanketgender
  33. @Warriorgirl1234
  34. @Crystalinastar
  35. @Origamer
  36. @FM84

Replacements

Those poor sods valiant souls who are willing to rescue an inactive slot. For your troubles, I'll bribe you with (even more?) participation prizes.

Spectators

Can’t spare the time for this game? Neither can I, to be honest, but you can still watch from afar! There will be delicious popcorn and tasty spoilers. (Quicktopic and Discord versions both available.)

MM82e8q.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Z4aL5Un.jpg[/img][/center] If you are familiar with the general rules of forum mafia, here’s the more exotic rules in this ruleset. (If you are not familiar with the general rules of forum mafia, please read everything. Yes, I know it’s a lot. In a few days this will feel like a walk in the park.) [quote=TLDR][list][*]Be civil and respectful of the game. [*]Don’t be obnoxious. (No transparency, no stacked size 1 text, no encryption.) [*]Don’t edit or delete your posts without my permission, even to fix spelling or BBCode mistakes. One exception: you may delete double posts. [*]Don’t publically mention or talk to other players, living or dead, about this game unless it’s in this thread or an officially sanctioned Quicktopic. [*]Don’t quote, screenshot, or copy-paste anything a host says to you privately, including your role. [*]Ask questions if you don’t understand something.[/list][/quote] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]General[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]By joining this game, you are promising to abide by these rules. Ignorance is no excuse. [*]As moderator of this game, I have the final say. Please respect my judgement. [*]If you don’t understand something, whether that be a rule, a mechanic, or your role, never hesitate to ask, especially when it comes to rules. Better to ask permission than to get modkilled! [*]The spirit of the rules overrides the letter of the rules. In a similar vein, don’t angleshoot and don’t exploit loopholes. [*][b]Pretending to break rules (ie, post your role PM) is generally equivalent to breaking rules.[/b] [*]No list of rules can be complete; I reserve the right to add or revise rules mid-game.[/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Conduct[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*][b]Play to win.[/b] Gamethrowing is not appreciated. [*][b]Play with respect.[/b] Realize that there are people on the other side of the screen. [*][b]Be civil.[/b] It's okay to be aggressive, but personal attacks (ie, “You’re stupid and a terrible mafia player!”) are not okay. (Note that this is distinct from “That’s stupid and you’ve been playing terribly!”, which [i]is[/i] okay.) Neither you nor I will be happy if you get banned from FR. [b]Since this is a festival game, my tolerance for toxicity will be significantly lower than normal.[/b] [*]Don't go out of your way to be obnoxious. Don’t spam gifs or large images, don’t make your posts unreadable through BBCode (ie. transparent tags, super small text). [b]Show your fellow players courtesy.[/b] [*]Do not attempt to assert any out-of-game influence on another player (ie, threatening or bribing them). Promises made within the context of the game should be considered void. [*]Baiting modkills is not cool and will always be counterproductive for you.[/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Posting[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*][b]Do not edit or delete posts[/b] unless I say you can. (This is to prevent mafia from redacting slips.) [*]Accidental edits are okay. If you do accidentally edit or delete, [b]please repost the original version[/b] unless the change was [i]very[/i] minor. [*]Deleting a double post is fine. [*]If you wish to fix a BBCode mistake, wait for my permission first (but the preview button exists for a reason and I am disinclined to permit such edits). [*]Don't use encryption. Breadcrumbs are fine. These are not the same thing. [*]Please do not use provable randomization (eg. using random.org to decide your vote and then posting a screenshot). [*]If you are dead, you are dead. Do not post.[/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Private Communication[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*][b]Don't talk to people who are in this game [i]about[/i] this game, unless it’s in this thread.[/b] That means no PMs between players, unless I expressly tell you otherwise. [*]If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open. I know it’s nice to rant sometimes. You may also rant to dead players or spectators so long as you make it clear that they should not respond. [*]Possession of a Quicktopic entitles you to private communication with any other members by any means you desire. However, you must log any game-relevant conversation that does not include all members in your Quicktopic. (Factional Quicktopics are exempted from this requirement.) [i]Do not abuse this.[/i] [*]If you are dead, you are not to discuss this game with living players under any circumstances. [/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Host Communication[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*][b]Quoting, copy-pasting, or screenshotting your rolecard is grounds for an immediate modkill.[/b] [*]The same goes for anything I inform you of privately, including night results, answers to questions, and so on. [*]Non-urgent things, such as action submission, irrelevant questions, chatter, and so on, should always go in your Quicktopic. [*]If you need an expedited response, please [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/msgs/new?to=Stanari]send a PM[/url] to me (or any online mod) as well as posting in your Quicktopic. PMs for instant abilities are generally the first to be addressed, then questions, then anything else. The clearer you make your PM title, the faster I can get back to you. [*]If possible, [b]quote any relevant parts of your role in your PM[/b]; this will also speed replies, since I don’t always have ready access to my notes. [*]I do not generally answer hypothetical questions or questions whose answer might hint at another player’s role. Asking me questions publically is a good way to get a really vague answer. [*]My status will generally indicate whether or not I am online and, if I’m offline, when I’ll next be online. You can see it by hovering over my icon or by going to my profile.[/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Activity[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]This is a fast-moving game. [b]Lurkers are not cool.[/b] [*]You must post in thread [u]every Day[/u] or be replaced. (If you return before I find a willing replacement, you may keep your spot.) [*]Posting solely in your Quicktopic is enough to defer an inactivity replacement once only. [*]Please request replacement if you cannot keep up. You can join us in the spectator tent, where there’s lots of popcorn![/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Enforcement[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]I will typically [b]warn[/b] you first if you are in danger of infracting or if you have committed a minor offense. [*]I will [b]force-replace[/b] you if you continue to break rules or if your integrity has become compromised (eg, someone PMs you the identity of the mafia). [*]I will only [b]modkill[/b] if your slot’s integrity has become compromised. [*]If you are force-replaced or modkilled, so long as you are not at fault, you will still win with your faction.[/list]
Z4aL5Un.jpg

If you are familiar with the general rules of forum mafia, here’s the more exotic rules in this ruleset. (If you are not familiar with the general rules of forum mafia, please read everything. Yes, I know it’s a lot. In a few days this will feel like a walk in the park.)

TLDR wrote:
  • Be civil and respectful of the game.
  • Don’t be obnoxious. (No transparency, no stacked size 1 text, no encryption.)
  • Don’t edit or delete your posts without my permission, even to fix spelling or BBCode mistakes. One exception: you may delete double posts.
  • Don’t publically mention or talk to other players, living or dead, about this game unless it’s in this thread or an officially sanctioned Quicktopic.
  • Don’t quote, screenshot, or copy-paste anything a host says to you privately, including your role.
  • Ask questions if you don’t understand something.

General

• By joining this game, you are promising to abide by these rules. Ignorance is no excuse.
  • As moderator of this game, I have the final say. Please respect my judgement.
  • If you don’t understand something, whether that be a rule, a mechanic, or your role, never hesitate to ask, especially when it comes to rules. Better to ask permission than to get modkilled!
  • The spirit of the rules overrides the letter of the rules. In a similar vein, don’t angleshoot and don’t exploit loopholes.
  • Pretending to break rules (ie, post your role PM) is generally equivalent to breaking rules.
  • No list of rules can be complete; I reserve the right to add or revise rules mid-game.

Conduct

• Play to win. Gamethrowing is not appreciated.
  • Play with respect. Realize that there are people on the other side of the screen.
  • Be civil. It's okay to be aggressive, but personal attacks (ie, “You’re stupid and a terrible mafia player!”) are not okay. (Note that this is distinct from “That’s stupid and you’ve been playing terribly!”, which is okay.) Neither you nor I will be happy if you get banned from FR. Since this is a festival game, my tolerance for toxicity will be significantly lower than normal.
  • Don't go out of your way to be obnoxious. Don’t spam gifs or large images, don’t make your posts unreadable through BBCode (ie. transparent tags, super small text). Show your fellow players courtesy.
  • Do not attempt to assert any out-of-game influence on another player (ie, threatening or bribing them). Promises made within the context of the game should be considered void.
  • Baiting modkills is not cool and will always be counterproductive for you.

Posting

• Do not edit or delete posts unless I say you can. (This is to prevent mafia from redacting slips.)
  • Accidental edits are okay. If you do accidentally edit or delete, please repost the original version unless the change was very minor.
  • Deleting a double post is fine.
  • If you wish to fix a BBCode mistake, wait for my permission first (but the preview button exists for a reason and I am disinclined to permit such edits).
  • Don't use encryption. Breadcrumbs are fine. These are not the same thing.
  • Please do not use provable randomization (eg. using random.org to decide your vote and then posting a screenshot).
  • If you are dead, you are dead. Do not post.

Private Communication

• Don't talk to people who are in this game about this game, unless it’s in this thread. That means no PMs between players, unless I expressly tell you otherwise.
  • If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open. I know it’s nice to rant sometimes. You may also rant to dead players or spectators so long as you make it clear that they should not respond.
  • Possession of a Quicktopic entitles you to private communication with any other members by any means you desire. However, you must log any game-relevant conversation that does not include all members in your Quicktopic. (Factional Quicktopics are exempted from this requirement.) Do not abuse this.
  • If you are dead, you are not to discuss this game with living players under any circumstances.

Host Communication

• Quoting, copy-pasting, or screenshotting your rolecard is grounds for an immediate modkill.
  • The same goes for anything I inform you of privately, including night results, answers to questions, and so on.
  • Non-urgent things, such as action submission, irrelevant questions, chatter, and so on, should always go in your Quicktopic.
  • If you need an expedited response, please send a PM to me (or any online mod) as well as posting in your Quicktopic. PMs for instant abilities are generally the first to be addressed, then questions, then anything else. The clearer you make your PM title, the faster I can get back to you.
  • If possible, quote any relevant parts of your role in your PM; this will also speed replies, since I don’t always have ready access to my notes.
  • I do not generally answer hypothetical questions or questions whose answer might hint at another player’s role. Asking me questions publically is a good way to get a really vague answer.
  • My status will generally indicate whether or not I am online and, if I’m offline, when I’ll next be online. You can see it by hovering over my icon or by going to my profile.

Activity

• This is a fast-moving game. Lurkers are not cool.
  • You must post in thread every Day or be replaced. (If you return before I find a willing replacement, you may keep your spot.)
  • Posting solely in your Quicktopic is enough to defer an inactivity replacement once only.
  • Please request replacement if you cannot keep up. You can join us in the spectator tent, where there’s lots of popcorn!

Enforcement

• I will typically warn you first if you are in danger of infracting or if you have committed a minor offense.
  • I will force-replace you if you continue to break rules or if your integrity has become compromised (eg, someone PMs you the identity of the mafia).
  • I will only modkill if your slot’s integrity has become compromised.
  • If you are force-replaced or modkilled, so long as you are not at fault, you will still win with your faction.

MM82e8q.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/6glqLn0.jpg[/img][/center] Remember that some roles may be capable of overriding certain mechanics. However, if you think I’ve made an error, bring it to my attention privately. [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Masks[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]Each player will have a mask associated with them. It will be one of the masks listed at the bottom of this section. [*]Some number of roles (from the majority to all) use mask names to target their abilities in lieu of player names. [*]Masks will be randomized with respect to roles and assigned by a mixture of randomized-order draft and randomization. [*]This is the full list of masks: [columns][img]https://image.ibb.co/g1RW0k/80x1_00000000.png[/img] Abalone Albatross Angler Fish Clownfish Conch Coral [nextcol][img]https://image.ibb.co/g1RW0k/80x1_00000000.png[/img] Crab Dolphin Glamortail Kraken Leviathan Lionfish [nextcol][img]https://image.ibb.co/g1RW0k/80x1_00000000.png[/img] Lobster Mammertee Man o' War Maren Moon Jelly Nautilus [nextcol][img]https://image.ibb.co/g1RW0k/80x1_00000000.png[/img] Octopus Orca Relic Eel Sea Elemental Sea Nettle Sea Snake [nextcol][img]https://image.ibb.co/g1RW0k/80x1_00000000.png[/img] Sea Turtle Sea Urchin Seadragon Seagull Seahorse Shark [nextcol][img]https://image.ibb.co/g1RW0k/80x1_00000000.png[/img] Siren Squid Starfish Swordfish Tidelord Whale[/columns] [/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Dancing[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]Each day, starting on Day One, you may [i]propose[/i] to another player in the dance thread. If they [i]accept[/i], you will form a dance pair at the end of the cycle. [*]If you are already in a formed dance pair, proposing to another player breaks your dance pair. [*]If you are in a pending dance pair, proposing to or accepting the proposal of another player breaks your pending dance pair. [*]When one member of a dance pair dies (by any means), so does the other. [*]Dance pairs may speak freely to each other using their provided Quicktopic or any other private medium they wish, and each member of a dance pair is told which mask their partner is wearing. [*]This is the order of resolution of partnering: [indent][list][*]Lynching [*]Dissolving a dance pair [*]Non-instant abilities [*]Forming a dance pair[/list][/indent] [*]As forming a dance pair comes after everything else, you will not be able to use an ability which requires a partner on the turn that you form a pair. [*]The list of masks which are dancing (and thus eligible for dance targeting the next day) will be listed in each End of Day post. [/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Lynching[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]Each day, you may vote for another player, in the lynch thread. So long as I can tell who you’re referring to, your vote is good. Please strike out your previous vote when you make a new vote, but [u]use a new post for each vote[/u].} [*]Votes are locked in once the deadline hits, but you may continue to post until I “lock” the thread (alas, I cannot actually lock the thread). [*]The person with the most votes at deadline is lynched. [b]There is no minimum to lynch.[/b] [*]If there's a tie between two people, there is no lynch. (A tie between no lynch and a player always results in a lynch.) [*]If there [i]must[/i] be a lynch that Day, the oldest held vote is used to break the tie; if there are no votes, a random lynchable player is lynched.[/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Abilities[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]Only one ability may be used per day. [*]Your ability may have (USAGE TAGS) preceding it in parentheses. These can include: [list][b](ACTIVE)[/b] abilities must be submitted via QT in order to take effect. [*][b](PASSIVE)[/b] abilities are always in effect if their conditions are met; they do not need to be deliberately activated. [*][b](DANCE)[/b] abilities are only usable by and may only be used on players who are dancing. [*][b](FACTIONAL)[/b] abilities may only be used once per day per faction, and will not be visible to abilities that can view abilities. [*][b](FREE)[/b] abilities may be used in conjunction with another ability. [*][b](INSTANT)[/b] abilities take effect immediately (you may know these as lightning or day abilities). By default, instant abilities are free. [*][b](TRANSCENDENTAL)[/b] abilities cannot be affected by or interact with other abilities and “occur” at the beginning of action resolution. [*][b](NONCONSECUTIVE)[/b] abilities cannot be used on consecutive days. [*][b](#-SHOT)[/b] abilities have a limited number of activations. If they are used but do not complete, they will be refunded to you. You’ll always know exactly how many shots you have.[/list] [/list]
6glqLn0.jpg

Remember that some roles may be capable of overriding certain mechanics. However, if you think I’ve made an error, bring it to my attention privately.

Masks

• Each player will have a mask associated with them. It will be one of the masks listed at the bottom of this section.
  • Some number of roles (from the majority to all) use mask names to target their abilities in lieu of player names.
  • Masks will be randomized with respect to roles and assigned by a mixture of randomized-order draft and randomization.
  • This is the full list of masks:
    80x1_00000000.png
    Abalone
    Albatross
    Angler Fish
    Clownfish
    Conch
    Coral
    80x1_00000000.png
    Crab
    Dolphin
    Glamortail
    Kraken
    Leviathan
    Lionfish
    80x1_00000000.png
    Lobster
    Mammertee
    Man o' War
    Maren
    Moon Jelly
    Nautilus
    80x1_00000000.png
    Octopus
    Orca
    Relic Eel
    Sea Elemental
    Sea Nettle
    Sea Snake
    80x1_00000000.png
    Sea Turtle
    Sea Urchin
    Seadragon
    Seagull
    Seahorse
    Shark
    80x1_00000000.png
    Siren
    Squid
    Starfish
    Swordfish
    Tidelord
    Whale

Dancing

• Each day, starting on Day One, you may propose to another player in the dance thread. If they accept, you will form a dance pair at the end of the cycle.
  • If you are already in a formed dance pair, proposing to another player breaks your dance pair.
  • If you are in a pending dance pair, proposing to or accepting the proposal of another player breaks your pending dance pair.
  • When one member of a dance pair dies (by any means), so does the other.
  • Dance pairs may speak freely to each other using their provided Quicktopic or any other private medium they wish, and each member of a dance pair is told which mask their partner is wearing.
  • This is the order of resolution of partnering:
    • Lynching
    • Dissolving a dance pair
    • Non-instant abilities
    • Forming a dance pair
  • As forming a dance pair comes after everything else, you will not be able to use an ability which requires a partner on the turn that you form a pair.
  • The list of masks which are dancing (and thus eligible for dance targeting the next day) will be listed in each End of Day post.

Lynching

• Each day, you may vote for another player, in the lynch thread. So long as I can tell who you’re referring to, your vote is good. Please strike out your previous vote when you make a new vote, but use a new post for each vote.}
  • Votes are locked in once the deadline hits, but you may continue to post until I “lock” the thread (alas, I cannot actually lock the thread).
  • The person with the most votes at deadline is lynched. There is no minimum to lynch.
  • If there's a tie between two people, there is no lynch. (A tie between no lynch and a player always results in a lynch.)
  • If there must be a lynch that Day, the oldest held vote is used to break the tie; if there are no votes, a random lynchable player is lynched.

Abilities

• Only one ability may be used per day.
  • Your ability may have (USAGE TAGS) preceding it in parentheses. These can include:
    (ACTIVE) abilities must be submitted via QT in order to take effect.
  • (PASSIVE) abilities are always in effect if their conditions are met; they do not need to be deliberately activated.
  • (DANCE) abilities are only usable by and may only be used on players who are dancing.
  • (FACTIONAL) abilities may only be used once per day per faction, and will not be visible to abilities that can view abilities.
  • (FREE) abilities may be used in conjunction with another ability.
  • (INSTANT) abilities take effect immediately (you may know these as lightning or day abilities). By default, instant abilities are free.
  • (TRANSCENDENTAL) abilities cannot be affected by or interact with other abilities and “occur” at the beginning of action resolution.
  • (NONCONSECUTIVE) abilities cannot be used on consecutive days.
  • (#-SHOT) abilities have a limited number of activations. If they are used but do not complete, they will be refunded to you. You’ll always know exactly how many shots you have.

MM82e8q.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ls8rpLX.jpg[/img][/center] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Acknowledgements[/size][/b][/font][/center] I couldn’t have done this without all of you wonderful people! Thank you so much! [list][*]@Kalideoscope, for all the moral support, reviewership, sanity, and of course...running this whole dang festival, haha. [*]@Limelight and @Bequerel, for helping me wrangle this setup - and all the brainstorming and setup help! [*]@BandedLake, who did these absolutely incredible graphics! Like seriously they're amazing. [*]The Interflight Mafia Hub, for making this game possible at all and putting up with my flailing, haha. [*]The wonderful, generous donors of the Water flight who are providing your participation prizes! [*]And of course, the whole Water flight for being [i]amazing[/i]. [/list] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Links and Graphics[/size][/b][/font][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2167091][img]http://i.imgur.com/WuZjkYa.png[/img][/url][/center] Check out the rest of the events here in Levitos! (Even though this is clearly the best. I mean, c'mon, why would you ever want to leave?) [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1542251][img]http://i.imgur.com/XT8p1k9.png[/img][/url][/center] The Interflight Mafia Hub serves as a gathering point for both RP and non-RP mafia players and GMs! If you’re interested in checking out other mafia games, this is the place to go. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/koIykzQ.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/iT9J4WJ.png[/img][/center] If you would like, you can put one of the following BBCodes in your signature to advertise this game! [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2167096][img]http://i.imgur.com/koIykzQ.png[/img][/url][/code] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2167096][img]https://i.imgur.com/iT9J4WJ.png[/img][/url][/code] [center][font=Palatino Linotype][b][size=5]Useful Resources[/size][/b][/font][/center] [list][*]The [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1542251]Interflight Mafia Hub[/url]: Your destination for all things mafia, RP and non-RP, on Flight Rising! [indent][list][*]The [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ytM1XE4H-Q_y3lBjvWPJXurSbzIy7x8T9XznVeOVTo]IMH spreadsheet[/url]: The list of finished games is especially useful if you’re looking for a taste of what FR mafia is like; ask and I can recommend a specific game if you’d like. [*]The IMH Skype group: PM me your Skype name and I'll add you! We are welcoming of newbies and will be more than happy to answering your questions. Fair warning: atmosphere is usually a little more mature than FR itself. [*]The [url=https://discord.gg/zcwMtNY]IMH Discord[/url]: Gets a little more traffic than the Skype group, and is generally a little tamer. We are still very happy to help you out! [*]The [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rvmFQYJgQW_ZxE5K9XlBudwbw0yyzbzYy-Yg766NJBc]IMH Glossary[/url]: An FR-specific glossary; it's an almost-exhaustive guide to the terminology you might see.[/list][/indent] [*]The [url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page]MafiaScum Wiki[/url]: The internet’s greatest repository of all things mafia (or so I’d like to think)! From guides, to glossaries, to theory, to roles, the MS wiki is a wonderful source of information. [indent][list][*][url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Quick_Guide_to_Mafia]Quick Guide to Mafia[/url] [*][url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=A_Beginner%27s_Guide_to_Being_Awesome_At_Mafia]A Beginner's Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia[/url] [*][url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions]FAQ[/url] [*]Suggest something![/list]
ls8rpLX.jpg

Acknowledgements

I couldn’t have done this without all of you wonderful people! Thank you so much!
  • @Kalideoscope, for all the moral support, reviewership, sanity, and of course...running this whole dang festival, haha.
  • @Limelight and @Bequerel, for helping me wrangle this setup - and all the brainstorming and setup help!
  • @BandedLake, who did these absolutely incredible graphics! Like seriously they're amazing.
  • The Interflight Mafia Hub, for making this game possible at all and putting up with my flailing, haha.
  • The wonderful, generous donors of the Water flight who are providing your participation prizes!
  • And of course, the whole Water flight for being amazing.

Links and Graphics
WuZjkYa.png
Check out the rest of the events here in Levitos! (Even though this is clearly the best. I mean, c'mon, why would you ever want to leave?)

XT8p1k9.png
The Interflight Mafia Hub serves as a gathering point for both RP and non-RP mafia players and GMs! If you’re interested in checking out other mafia games, this is the place to go.

koIykzQ.pngiT9J4WJ.png

If you would like, you can put one of the following BBCodes in your signature to advertise this game!
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2167096][img]http://i.imgur.com/koIykzQ.png[/img][/url]
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2167096][img]https://i.imgur.com/iT9J4WJ.png[/img][/url]

Useful Resources

• The Interflight Mafia Hub: Your destination for all things mafia, RP and non-RP, on Flight Rising!
    • The IMH spreadsheet: The list of finished games is especially useful if you’re looking for a taste of what FR mafia is like; ask and I can recommend a specific game if you’d like.
    • The IMH Skype group: PM me your Skype name and I'll add you! We are welcoming of newbies and will be more than happy to answering your questions. Fair warning: atmosphere is usually a little more mature than FR itself.
    • The IMH Discord: Gets a little more traffic than the Skype group, and is generally a little tamer. We are still very happy to help you out!
    • The IMH Glossary: An FR-specific glossary; it's an almost-exhaustive guide to the terminology you might see.
  • The MafiaScum Wiki: The internet’s greatest repository of all things mafia (or so I’d like to think)! From guides, to glossaries, to theory, to roles, the MS wiki is a wonderful source of information.
MM82e8q.png
~
~
MM82e8q.png
We are now open for signups!

Non-RP Style Mafia: @MathGirl277, @Chaoticreactions, @passingavery, @Tsaiah, @Firo, @Leucoss, @Varikset, @kirkfan2255, @IndigoPi, @ashestoashes, @Stanari, @AureaImperatrix, @Chuck, @wbq, @InuKimi, @OblitusBellum, @WolfSong, @earendils, @DJFeather, @Geoff, @RedDragonD, @FloatingInSpace, @Shadowlugia711, @LordAlois, @Detroness, @Fallencrow, @Mithent, @KathiraNarae, @marchhare, @NekoNikki, @Valheru, @ChaoticKagura, @Nightlock, @Bequerel, @Peroxides, @Imraldera, @Kalideoscope, @ChibiKittens, @Nerasis, @GrimMistress, @Bearclaws, @TanakaTheWarlock, @yogsloth, @ExoticBacoe, @Ravenwolf, @SmolPeridot, @Gwendolyn, @Raya36, @nsts, @FretfulSardines, @Rangiku, @skeletalecho, @Fil, @raiccoon, @ShockZephyr, @DuskyFlareon, @Journey, @JackalJames, @Silverfrost, @polygone, @Ninjacatblue, @keraunic, @Narumitsu, @Elroking, @Kahvinporo, @ophician, @Casiope, @WaterWolf600, @TheSpine, @Shengrila, @WilltayC, @amapup, @MurasakiSama, @Wolfpack1216r, @SmashedFish, @FunFilledWTFery, @Corial, @JohnWatsGoingOn, @WolfSong, @DreamAlex, @CrazyRedFire, @Wintrymix, @MystRunner, @kalhalla, @Holi, @Werelynx, @WynterDragen, @ThisOneIsBlue, @CakeOn, @EccentricElf23, @PandaMimi, @marchhare, @Ambrose, @Beheaded, @tinydobes, @CinnabarCobra, @starseer, @YaBoiGuzma, @Valgami, @Percifrax, @TheMemeTeam, @Cacogen, @chiono, @Fortuna, @Duracraft27, @SilverWinter, @Cosmopoeia, @Leremis, @StormDreamer, @Epioth, @Rosetta248, @PaintingWithFire, @Rocnix, @anika, @LittleFirefly, @Craneoflores, @Tristess, @VivaFariy, @Frayxing, @Kapara, @Winterreise, @8uny, @DerpKing52, @Vrykolakas, @Moonwater, @84inch, @Limelight, @MagykalWagykal, @xspideray, @TheNightDancer, @Kallistrate, @SilverNight104, @demoliceros, @WestWindSentinel, @Mue, @Crowlich, @Maithax, @Artgeekallday
Please use the IMH Spreadsheet for the most up-to-date pinglists.

Maritime Mayhem Mafia: @Ambrose @AureaImperatrix @Bequerel @BlueAlphyn885 @Ceraphyna @CinnabarCobra @clarax @deztora @Doggo @Fallencrow @FloatingInSpace @FunFilledWTFery @kirkfan2255 @LordAlois @mrsnegcol @Ninjacatblue @polygone @PurpleFire651 @RedDragonD @Risaia @Rustywoodenspoon @Shadowlugia711 @ShockZephyr @silverwings47 @SmashedFish @Soil @StormDragon21 @StormFlyer @ThisOneIsBlue @Tsaiah @Valheru @Werelynx @Wintrymix @CakeOn @Chaoticreactions @Druddigon8 @PandaMimi @Meepdwarfme @ladra @GiroGirl723 @temperama @TheMemeTeam @kriseis @KathiraNarae @RRHepburn @marchhare @Firo @Varikset @Kalideoscope @JohnWatsGoingOn @CasualTea96 @Snipe @Detroness @carpha @Blushweaver @amaerin @negcol @passingavery @burningtyger @Riverspell @timetot @Houtori @NekoNikki @Watercolour @helenehime @FunwithaPorpoise @Korax @Kapara @Mithent @crateshya @QuantumReality @Eialyne

(I figured you guys might be interested. It's not quite as insane this year, but if you enjoyed the first MMM, I encourage you to check this one out!)
We are now open for signups!

Non-RP Style Mafia: @MathGirl277, @Chaoticreactions, @passingavery, @Tsaiah, @Firo, @Leucoss, @Varikset, @kirkfan2255, @IndigoPi, @ashestoashes, @Stanari, @AureaImperatrix, @Chuck, @wbq, @InuKimi, @OblitusBellum, @WolfSong, @earendils, @DJFeather, @Geoff, @RedDragonD, @FloatingInSpace, @Shadowlugia711, @LordAlois, @Detroness, @Fallencrow, @Mithent, @KathiraNarae, @marchhare, @NekoNikki, @Valheru, @ChaoticKagura, @Nightlock, @Bequerel, @Peroxides, @Imraldera, @Kalideoscope, @ChibiKittens, @Nerasis, @GrimMistress, @Bearclaws, @TanakaTheWarlock, @yogsloth, @ExoticBacoe, @Ravenwolf, @SmolPeridot, @Gwendolyn, @Raya36, @nsts, @FretfulSardines, @Rangiku, @skeletalecho, @Fil, @raiccoon, @ShockZephyr, @DuskyFlareon, @Journey, @JackalJames, @Silverfrost, @polygone, @Ninjacatblue, @keraunic, @Narumitsu, @Elroking, @Kahvinporo, @ophician, @Casiope, @WaterWolf600, @TheSpine, @Shengrila, @WilltayC, @amapup, @MurasakiSama, @Wolfpack1216r, @SmashedFish, @FunFilledWTFery, @Corial, @JohnWatsGoingOn, @WolfSong, @DreamAlex, @CrazyRedFire, @Wintrymix, @MystRunner, @kalhalla, @Holi, @Werelynx, @WynterDragen, @ThisOneIsBlue, @CakeOn, @EccentricElf23, @PandaMimi, @marchhare, @Ambrose, @Beheaded, @tinydobes, @CinnabarCobra, @starseer, @YaBoiGuzma, @Valgami, @Percifrax, @TheMemeTeam, @Cacogen, @chiono, @Fortuna, @Duracraft27, @SilverWinter, @Cosmopoeia, @Leremis, @StormDreamer, @Epioth, @Rosetta248, @PaintingWithFire, @Rocnix, @anika, @LittleFirefly, @Craneoflores, @Tristess, @VivaFariy, @Frayxing, @Kapara, @Winterreise, @8uny, @DerpKing52, @Vrykolakas, @Moonwater, @84inch, @Limelight, @MagykalWagykal, @xspideray, @TheNightDancer, @Kallistrate, @SilverNight104, @demoliceros, @WestWindSentinel, @Mue, @Crowlich, @Maithax, @Artgeekallday
Please use the IMH Spreadsheet for the most up-to-date pinglists.

Maritime Mayhem Mafia: @Ambrose @AureaImperatrix @Bequerel @BlueAlphyn885 @Ceraphyna @CinnabarCobra @clarax @deztora @Doggo @Fallencrow @FloatingInSpace @FunFilledWTFery @kirkfan2255 @LordAlois @mrsnegcol @Ninjacatblue @polygone @PurpleFire651 @RedDragonD @Risaia @Rustywoodenspoon @Shadowlugia711 @ShockZephyr @silverwings47 @SmashedFish @Soil @StormDragon21 @StormFlyer @ThisOneIsBlue @Tsaiah @Valheru @Werelynx @Wintrymix @CakeOn @Chaoticreactions @Druddigon8 @PandaMimi @Meepdwarfme @ladra @GiroGirl723 @temperama @TheMemeTeam @kriseis @KathiraNarae @RRHepburn @marchhare @Firo @Varikset @Kalideoscope @JohnWatsGoingOn @CasualTea96 @Snipe @Detroness @carpha @Blushweaver @amaerin @negcol @passingavery @burningtyger @Riverspell @timetot @Houtori @NekoNikki @Watercolour @helenehime @FunwithaPorpoise @Korax @Kapara @Mithent @crateshya @QuantumReality @Eialyne

(I figured you guys might be interested. It's not quite as insane this year, but if you enjoyed the first MMM, I encourage you to check this one out!)
MM82e8q.png
SIGN ME UP XOXOXO

@stanari ping bc i must
SIGN ME UP XOXOXO

@stanari ping bc i must
jvTgQEX.png
@Stanari Sign me up as a Substitute please!
@Stanari Sign me up as a Substitute please!
CRrA7uh.png DMnq5qM.png
@crateshya join me u coward
@crateshya join me u coward
jvTgQEX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15