Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Coli] Boss Hunting Challenge
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 42 43
[b]Volcanic Vents[/b] COMPLETED! [item=tunnel hydra][item=hydra] Gosh, I love this new venue and the bosses are amazing. For those wondering, they are both casters which makes them pretty easy to handle. Boss encounters: [s]Brown 2[/s] / [s]Pink 39[/s] Notable loot: [item=armored duskflapper][item=nightfall imp][item=tunnel hydra][item=dreadram][item=firemane manticore] [item=flamerest fiendcat][item=dreadram][item=spectral duskflapper][item=nightfall imp][item=ophiotaurus] [item=serthis archivist][item=ultraram][item=basalt vent hop][item=flamescale spearman][item=magma runner] [item=ophiotaurus][item=firemane manticore][item=ultraram][item=unhatched wind egg][item=unhatched nature egg] [item=chillwind harpy][item=dreadram][item=flamescale venomcaster][item=flamescale venomcaster][item=fiendcat] [item=chillwind harpy][item=dreadram][item=flamescale spearman][item=flamescale spearman][item=fiendcat] [item=hydra] Holy heck! After killing the Tunnel Hydra twice, I got the familiar! I have never gotten a boss this quick. [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/7f169e461c95c9973ace4851c56320e7/tumblr_okxz2maGIY1uz91gbo1_540.jpg[/img] And Hydra number 39 gave up the familiar as well! [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/74b173b61a3c020a3e403859cb7aa308/tumblr_ol0lufzE8X1uz91gbo1_540.jpg[/img]
Volcanic Vents COMPLETED!
Tunnel Hydra Hydra

Gosh, I love this new venue and the bosses are amazing. For those wondering, they are both casters which makes them pretty easy to handle.

Boss encounters: Brown 2 / Pink 39

Notable loot:
Armored Duskflapper Nightfall Imp Tunnel Hydra Dreadram Firemane Manticore
Flamerest Fiendcat Dreadram Spectral Duskflapper Nightfall Imp Ophiotaurus
Serthis Archivist Ultraram Basalt Vent Hop Flamescale Spearman Magma Runner
Ophiotaurus Firemane Manticore Ultraram Unhatched Wind Egg Unhatched Nature Egg
Chillwind Harpy Dreadram Flamescale Venomcaster Flamescale Venomcaster Fiendcat
Chillwind Harpy Dreadram Flamescale Spearman Flamescale Spearman Fiendcat
Hydra

Holy heck! After killing the Tunnel Hydra twice, I got the familiar! I have never gotten a boss this quick.
tumblr_okxz2maGIY1uz91gbo1_540.jpg

And Hydra number 39 gave up the familiar as well!
tumblr_ol0lufzE8X1uz91gbo1_540.jpg
title_layer_middle_x2.png
@Louretta - Congrats!
@Louretta - Congrats!
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
88286628.png.png87809713.png63776550.png
@HSoup
Thank you! I am off to work now, so more farming later. :)
I hope everyone else gets them soon too!
@HSoup
Thank you! I am off to work now, so more farming later. :)
I hope everyone else gets them soon too!
[b]What Boss you are hunting:[/b] [item=Tunnel Hydra] and [item=Hydra] [b]Number of Boss Encounters:[/b] [s]Tunnel Hydra: 25[/s] [s]Hydra: 22[/s] [b]Good Loot:[/b] [item=Hydra] [item=Tunnel Hydra] [b]Hooray![/b] [item=Armored duskflapper] X04 [item=Ashspine widow] X01 [item=Spectral Duskflapper] X01 [item=ophiotaurus] X01 [item=Flamerest fiendcat] X01 [item=Ultraram] X02 [item=Firebelly weaver] X01 [item=Serthis archivist] X01 [item=Serthis loremaster] X02 [item=flamescale illusionist] X01 [item=Fiendcat] X02 [item=ignited imp] X01 [item=basalt vent hop] X01 [item=stormcloud harpy] X01 [item=Vista: volcanic vents] X01 Ohhhh I got new bosses faster than I expected! :D
What Boss you are hunting:
Tunnel Hydra and Hydra

Number of Boss Encounters:
Tunnel Hydra: 25
Hydra: 22

Good Loot:
Hydra Tunnel Hydra Hooray!

Armored Duskflapper X04 Ashspine Widow X01 Spectral Duskflapper X01 Ophiotaurus X01
Flamerest Fiendcat X01 Ultraram X02 Firebelly Weaver X01 Serthis Archivist X01
Serthis Loremaster X02 Flamescale Illusionist X01 Fiendcat X02 Ignited Imp X01
Basalt Vent Hop X01 Stormcloud Harpy X01 Vista: Volcanic Vents X01

Ohhhh I got new bosses faster than I expected! :D
nJqHlXo.png § Hoard Thread
§ Quest Thread
§ To 25
§ Wishlist
It's been years and still no bosses for me, but the hydras are A+++ so [i]time to grind[/i] [center] [b]Hunting:[/b] [item=tunnel hydra][item=hydra][/center] [center][b]Number of encounters:[/b] [color=peru][b]Tunnel hydra:[/b] 8 [/color]| [color=purple][b]Hydra:[/b] 4 [/color] [b]Good loot: [/b] [item=chillwind harpy][item=ashspine widow][item=serthis archivist]x2[item=flamerest fiendcat][item=basalt vent hop][item=armored duskflapper][item=flamescale illusionist][item=flamescale venomcaster]x2[item=firebelly weaver][/center]
It's been years and still no bosses for me, but the hydras are A+++ so time to grind

Hunting:
Tunnel Hydra Hydra
Number of encounters:
Tunnel hydra: 8 | Hydra: 4

Good loot:
Chillwind Harpy Ashspine Widow Serthis Archivist x2 Flamerest Fiendcat Basalt Vent Hop Armored Duskflapper Flamescale Illusionist Flamescale Venomcaster x2 Firebelly Weaver
wpEE9mo.png
Is it just me, or do the Hydras drop far more easily than any other boss? I know four people who had one of them in the first day, and half the people in here who are hunting them already have one or both... on day three.
Is it just me, or do the Hydras drop far more easily than any other boss? I know four people who had one of them in the first day, and half the people in here who are hunting them already have one or both... on day three.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus

I think that's always a bit hard to tell. Whenever a new venue comes out, a huge amount of people are going to jump right into it. Meaning these bosses are being farmed a whole lot by a whole lot of people. It makes sense that some of those people get lucky.

Though I have also thought it seemed extremely lucky. Personally, I got one boss on the first day, and on the second day I got a boss and 2 eggs, which is insane. I coli a lot, and most bosses do not drop within the first 50, or even 100 kills. However, we are talking about RNG here, so who knows.
@Vendrus

I think that's always a bit hard to tell. Whenever a new venue comes out, a huge amount of people are going to jump right into it. Meaning these bosses are being farmed a whole lot by a whole lot of people. It makes sense that some of those people get lucky.

Though I have also thought it seemed extremely lucky. Personally, I got one boss on the first day, and on the second day I got a boss and 2 eggs, which is insane. I coli a lot, and most bosses do not drop within the first 50, or even 100 kills. However, we are talking about RNG here, so who knows.
@Louretta
Oh yeah, and there's confirmation bias - people tend to announce that they've got one, not that they haven't!
It was more that such a high proportion of the people who I knew were boss hunting had one in the first 36 hours - well over half - that threw me. When Redrock came out there were only a few with a boss in the first week!

(My bosses took me 26 kills of one boss and 62 of the other. Now I'm back in rainsong where I have neither boss and nearly two full stacks of the drops... Weep for me ;_;)
@Louretta
Oh yeah, and there's confirmation bias - people tend to announce that they've got one, not that they haven't!
It was more that such a high proportion of the people who I knew were boss hunting had one in the first 36 hours - well over half - that threw me. When Redrock came out there were only a few with a boss in the first week!

(My bosses took me 26 kills of one boss and 62 of the other. Now I'm back in rainsong where I have neither boss and nearly two full stacks of the drops... Weep for me ;_;)
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
*drops into thread* There are once again coli familiars I don't own. This must be fixed. Judging encounters by shiny-star drops, only recording [i]really[/i] notable loot. Hydra Encounters: 86 before [item=tunnel hydra] dropped, decided to just buy a [item=hydra] at 136 Tunnel Hydra Encounters: 102 before [item=tunnel hydra] dropped, decided to just buy a [item=hydra] at 166 [u]Notable loot:[/u] [item=unhatched Fire Egg][item=vista: volcanic vents]x2[item=bottled wrath chest][item=twilight brambles chest]x2[item=faerie dream chest]x2
*drops into thread* There are once again coli familiars I don't own. This must be fixed.

Judging encounters by shiny-star drops, only recording really notable loot.

Hydra Encounters: 86 before Tunnel Hydra dropped, decided to just buy a Hydra at 136
Tunnel Hydra Encounters: 102 before Tunnel Hydra dropped, decided to just buy a Hydra at 166

Notable loot:
Unhatched Fire Egg Vista: Volcanic Vents x2 Bottled Wrath Chest Twilight Brambles Chest x2 Faerie Dream Chest x2
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
I am not sure where all this luck is coming from, but I got another egg this morning (which makes number 3 in 2 days) and I just got my missing Spiney Whale, so Redrock Cove is done as well!
I am not sure where all this luck is coming from, but I got another egg this morning (which makes number 3 in 2 days) and I just got my missing Spiney Whale, so Redrock Cove is done as well!
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 42 43