Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Coli] Boss Hunting Challenge
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 43
@Roldethetur Congrats!!!! Someday I'll tackle the Mire...someday... LOL @HSoup Thank you! Featherback Boar down! [img]http://i.imgur.com/539HB44.png[/img] Wow...was just casually swapping between venues looking for a boss site and: [img]http://i.imgur.com/UqyUHbd.png[/img]
@Roldethetur Congrats!!!! Someday I'll tackle the Mire...someday... LOL

@HSoup Thank you!

Featherback Boar down!
539HB44.png

Wow...was just casually swapping between venues looking for a boss site and:
UqyUHbd.png

OVmZor1.png
I'm not going to list good loot unless maybe it's an egg or vista, but here will be my master post of my boss hunts/captures: [u]Blooming grove[/u] [item=flowering pohip] Approx encounters: 37 [b]OBTAINED 7TH[/b] Cool items found while hunting: [item=blooming woodbasket][item=blooming woodwing] [item=mossy pohip] Approx encounters: 38 [u]Thunderhead savannah[/u] [item=rockback charger] Approx encounters: 17 [b]OBTAINED 10TH[/b] [item=Thunderstomp] approx encounters so far: 19[ [u]Redrock cove[/u] [item=spiney whale] Approx encounters: 253 [b]OBTAINED 6TH[/b] Cool items obtained while hunting: [item=vista: redrock cove]x2 (Once on the actual boss drop) [item=deeprealm hunter] Approx encounters: 80 [b]OBTAINED 5TH[/b] [u]Redrock cove[/u] [item=ghostly rat lord] Approx encounters: 30 [b]OBTAINED 9TH[/b] [item=rat king] Approx encounters: 19 [u]Arena[/u] [item=featherback boar] Approx encounters: 54 [item=undying featherback] Approx encounters: 53 [u]Volcanic vents[/u] [item=hydra] Approx encounters: 10 [b]OBTAINED 4TH[/b] [item=tunnel hydra] Approx encounters: 22 [u]Rainsong Jungle[/u] [item=overcharged silverbeast] Approx encounters: 57...or 8? (I might have sold the materials, profile says 57 encounters so that's probably correct) [b]OBTAINED 2nd[/b] [item=goldenbeast] Approx encounters: Unknown [u]Boreal wood[/u] [item=Coarsefur Yeti] Approx encounters: Unknown. At LEAST 48 but this boss often doesn't drop their designated item. [u]Crystal pools[/u] [item=crystalhide jester] Approx encounters: 25 [item=hawksbill goliath] Approx encounters: 28 [u]Harpy's Roost[/u] [item=roc] Approx encounters: 23 [b]OBTAINED 1st[/b] [item=crowned roc] Approx encounters: 29 [u]Ghostlight ruins[/u] [item=disoriented spirit] Approx encounters: 18 [b]OBTAINED 3rd[/b] [item=Malevolent Spirit] Approx encounters: 22 [u]Mire[/u] [item=Molten Wartoad] Approx encounters: 24 [item=Wartoad] Approx encounters: 33 [u]Kelp beds[/u] [item=Wave sweeper] Approx encounters: 32 [b]OBTAINED 8TH[/b] [item=Mantarune] Approx encounters: 23 [u]Golem workshop[/u] [item=Frost Delver] Approx encounters: 11 [item=Stone Borer] Approx encounters: 18
I'm not going to list good loot unless maybe it's an egg or vista, but here will be my master post of my boss hunts/captures:

Blooming grove

Flowering Pohip
Approx encounters: 37
OBTAINED 7TH
Cool items found while hunting:
Blooming Woodbasket Blooming Woodwing

Mossy Pohip
Approx encounters: 38

Thunderhead savannah

Rockback Charger
Approx encounters: 17
OBTAINED 10TH

Thunderstomp
approx encounters so far: 19[

Redrock cove

Spiney Whale
Approx encounters: 253
OBTAINED 6TH
Cool items obtained while hunting: Vista: Redrock Cove x2 (Once on the actual boss drop)

Deeprealm Hunter
Approx encounters: 80
OBTAINED 5TH

Redrock cove

Ghostly Rat Lord
Approx encounters: 30
OBTAINED 9TH

Rat King
Approx encounters: 19

Arena

Featherback Boar
Approx encounters: 54

Undying Featherback
Approx encounters: 53

Volcanic vents

Hydra
Approx encounters: 10
OBTAINED 4TH

Tunnel Hydra
Approx encounters: 22

Rainsong Jungle

Overcharged Silverbeast
Approx encounters: 57...or 8? (I might have sold the materials, profile says 57 encounters so that's probably correct)
OBTAINED 2nd

Goldenbeast
Approx encounters: Unknown

Boreal wood

Coarsefur Yeti
Approx encounters: Unknown. At LEAST 48 but this boss often doesn't drop their designated item.

Crystal pools

Crystalhide Jester
Approx encounters: 25

Hawksbill Goliath
Approx encounters: 28

Harpy's Roost

Roc
Approx encounters: 23
OBTAINED 1st

Crowned Roc
Approx encounters: 29

Ghostlight ruins

Disoriented Spirit
Approx encounters: 18
OBTAINED 3rd

Malevolent Spirit
Approx encounters: 22

Mire

Molten Wartoad
Approx encounters: 24

Wartoad
Approx encounters: 33

Kelp beds

Wave Sweeper
Approx encounters: 32
OBTAINED 8TH

Mantarune
Approx encounters: 23

Golem workshop

Frost Delver
Approx encounters: 11

Stone Borer
Approx encounters: 18
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
@HSoup Great thread! Do you think we could get a 'longest until familiar' hall of fame/failure? Whoever took the most encounters to get a certain boss gets to be on there, just something fun and a little perk for those who were very unlucky.

Also, when you did golem workshop did you farm regularly or refresh until you fought bosses? I saw someone did that and I have a lot of trouble with GW so wanted to know if it was a common method.
@HSoup Great thread! Do you think we could get a 'longest until familiar' hall of fame/failure? Whoever took the most encounters to get a certain boss gets to be on there, just something fun and a little perk for those who were very unlucky.

Also, when you did golem workshop did you farm regularly or refresh until you fought bosses? I saw someone did that and I have a lot of trouble with GW so wanted to know if it was a common method.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
@MurkyDepths - I have actually never had either of the Golem Workshop bosses drop. The 2 I have in my collection were part of an incredibly generous gift someone gave me.

When I was hunting for the GW Bosses, I just played the coli the regular way. I tried the "refresh until you get a Boss" method but it still took forever to get an encounter, so for me, it made more sense to play and at least get the loot from the regular mobs to make better use of my time.

You might ask Ikunoche how they went about getting theirs. They worked tirelessly to obtain them over many, many months. You can check out their "log" on the front page.

For awhile we had a "hall of fame" for finding the Bosses, but it was difficult for me to keep updated sometimes and so I ended up taking it down.

I am certainly open to having some kind of recognition of players efforts if someone feels they need the boost in encouragement. That's what this thread is for after all, to help encourage players to keep on the hunt for Bosses, as we all know it can take a very long time before being successful. =D
@MurkyDepths - I have actually never had either of the Golem Workshop bosses drop. The 2 I have in my collection were part of an incredibly generous gift someone gave me.

When I was hunting for the GW Bosses, I just played the coli the regular way. I tried the "refresh until you get a Boss" method but it still took forever to get an encounter, so for me, it made more sense to play and at least get the loot from the regular mobs to make better use of my time.

You might ask Ikunoche how they went about getting theirs. They worked tirelessly to obtain them over many, many months. You can check out their "log" on the front page.

For awhile we had a "hall of fame" for finding the Bosses, but it was difficult for me to keep updated sometimes and so I ended up taking it down.

I am certainly open to having some kind of recognition of players efforts if someone feels they need the boost in encouragement. That's what this thread is for after all, to help encourage players to keep on the hunt for Bosses, as we all know it can take a very long time before being successful. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
94206822.png.png87809713.png63776550.png
@HSoup I just want to thank you so much for this thread. I haven't gotten any of the familiars I'm going for yet, but it's keeping me motivated to coli, and I keep getting eggs and vistas, so it has been fantastic for me.
@HSoup I just want to thank you so much for this thread. I haven't gotten any of the familiars I'm going for yet, but it's keeping me motivated to coli, and I keep getting eggs and vistas, so it has been fantastic for me.
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
@Chiefhopper - I'm so glad it's been helpful. Boss hunting can take so long, so it's nice to have a place to see all the loot you've picked up along the way. And you have been getting some great stuff. Congrats!

Happy hunting. =D
@Chiefhopper - I'm so glad it's been helpful. Boss hunting can take so long, so it's nice to have a place to see all the loot you've picked up along the way. And you have been getting some great stuff. Congrats!

Happy hunting. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
Im gonna do what MurkyDepths did and list the bosses i need and the encounters. Only registering the vistas, eggs or eliminate ...lets go! Boss i already had: [item=wave sweeper][item=crystalhide jester][item=Hawksbill Goliath][item=crowned roc] [u]Thunderhead Savannah [/u] [item=Rockback Charger] (29) [u]Arena[/u] [item=undying Featherback] (183) [u]Rainsong Jungle[/u] [item=goldenbeast] (74) [item=overcharged silverbeast] (57) [u]Harpy Roost[/u] [item=Roc] (75) [u]Ghostlight Ruins[/u] [item=Disoriented Spirit] (35) [u]Mire:[/u] [item=Molten Wartoad](66) | [item=Wartoad] (70) [u]Golem Workshop[/u] [item=stone borer](37) | [item=frost delver] (33) [b]Got during this challenge[/b] [item=Mantarune][s] (104)[/s] - gifted [item=Tunnel Hydra] (38) - During Wavecrest Saturnalia 2017 [item=Featherback Boar] (64) - During Brightshine Jubilee 2017 [Item=spiney whale](54) - During Flameforger Festival 2017 [item=flowering pohip] (46) - On January 8th, 2018 [item=Malevolent Spirit](68) - February 28th, 2018 [item=Mossy Pohip] (55) - March 05, 2018 [item=Rat King] (12) - March 08, 2018 [item=Ghostly Rat Lord] (57) - Jun 06, 2018 [item=Hydra] ( 223) - Jul 22, 2018 [item=deeprealm hunter] (100) - gifted [item=thunderstomp] (25) - 09/11/2018 [item=Coarsefur yeti] (310) - 22/11/2018
Im gonna do what MurkyDepths did and list the bosses i need and the encounters. Only registering the vistas, eggs or eliminate ...lets go!

Boss i already had:
Wave Sweeper Crystalhide Jester Hawksbill Goliath Crowned Roc

Thunderhead Savannah
Rockback Charger (29)

Arena
Undying Featherback (183)

Rainsong Jungle
Goldenbeast (74) Overcharged Silverbeast (57)

Harpy Roost
Roc (75)

Ghostlight Ruins
Disoriented Spirit (35)

Mire:
Molten Wartoad (66) | Wartoad (70)

Golem Workshop
Stone Borer (37) | Frost Delver (33)

Got during this challenge

Mantarune (104) - gifted
Tunnel Hydra (38) - During Wavecrest Saturnalia 2017
Featherback Boar (64) - During Brightshine Jubilee 2017
Spiney Whale (54) - During Flameforger Festival 2017
Flowering Pohip (46) - On January 8th, 2018
Malevolent Spirit (68) - February 28th, 2018
Mossy Pohip (55) - March 05, 2018
Rat King (12) - March 08, 2018
Ghostly Rat Lord (57) - Jun 06, 2018
Hydra ( 223) - Jul 22, 2018
Deeprealm Hunter (100) - gifted
Thunderstomp (25) - 09/11/2018
Coarsefur Yeti (310) - 22/11/2018
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
@ChiefHopper [b]Already have:[/b] [item=coarsefur yeti] [item=mantarune] [item=Malevolent Spirit] [url=http://i.imgur.com/k0jBxBB.png](15)[/url] [b]Currently Hunting:[/b] [item=Deeprealm Hunter] (14) | [item=Spiney Whale] (20) [item=Undying Featherback] (0) | [item=Featherback Boar] (0) [item=Goldenbeast] (0) | [item=overcharged silverbeast] (0) [item=crystalhide jester] (2) | [item=hawksbill goliath] (0) [item=crowned roc] (0) | [item=roc] (2) [item=molten wartoad] (8) | [item=wartoad] (6) [item=Disoriented Spirit] (37) | [item=wave sweeper] (0) [item=frost delver] (0) | [item=stone borer] (0) [b]Best Loot:[/b] [item=vista: ghostlight ruins] [item=unhatched fire egg] [item=unhatched plague egg] [item=unhatched wind egg] [item=swallow's breastplate] [item=swallow's leg armor]
@ChiefHopper

Already have:
Coarsefur Yeti Mantarune Malevolent Spirit (15)

Currently Hunting:
Deeprealm Hunter (14) | Spiney Whale (20)
Undying Featherback (0) | Featherback Boar (0)
Goldenbeast (0) | Overcharged Silverbeast (0)
Crystalhide Jester (2) | Hawksbill Goliath (0)
Crowned Roc (0) | Roc (2)
Molten Wartoad (8) | Wartoad (6)
Disoriented Spirit (37) | Wave Sweeper (0)
Frost Delver (0) | Stone Borer (0)

Best Loot:
Vista: Ghostlight Ruins Unhatched Fire Egg Unhatched Plague Egg Unhatched Wind Egg Swallow's Breastplate Swallow's Leg Armor
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
[b]Ghostlight Ruins[/b] [item=malevolent spirit] Boss encounters: 62 Notable loot: [item=lux spectre][item=unhatched lightning egg][item=swallow's arm guards][item=greybeak reaper][item=carrioncorn] [item=somber spirit][item=tatterwing carcass][item=longneck medium][item=wendigo][item=longneck medium] [item=swallow's wing fans][item=tatterwing carcass][item=longneck scholar][item=swallow's leg armor][item=longneck scholar] [item=carrioncorn][item=carrioncorn][item=wraith hound][item=wraith hound][item=longneck scholar] [item=somber spirit][item=aer phantom]
Ghostlight Ruins
Malevolent Spirit

Boss encounters: 62

Notable loot:
Lux Spectre Unhatched Lightning Egg Swallow's Arm Guards Greybeak Reaper Carrioncorn
Somber Spirit Tatterwing Carcass Longneck Medium Longneck Medium
Swallow's Wing Fans Tatterwing Carcass Longneck Scholar Swallow's Leg Armor Longneck Scholar
Carrioncorn Carrioncorn Wraith Hound Wraith Hound Longneck Scholar
Somber Spirit Aer Phantom

title_layer_middle_x2.png
[center][b][/b]NEW BOSSES! [item=tunnel hydra][item=hydra][/center]
NEW BOSSES!
Tunnel Hydra Hydra
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 43