Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primary Gene Suggestions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 194 195
The primary gene is the gene that affects markings on across the dragon's body. It comes in the 67 colors available. If you have a suggestion for a primary gene, post it here. Images that help get your point across are welcome.

Quote:
To help ensure that your suggestion has the best chance of being used, consider the following:
  • Would the gene work in all 67 colors?
  • How well would the gene mix-and-match with existing secondary genes?
  • Would the gene look good across all breeds of dragon?
  • Are there any line art edits involved? If so, they should be minor, as large edits will make equipment no longer fit. Edits cannot interfere with the way that the eyes and secondary pieces of the dragon work with the body shape.
  • Is the gene different enough from existing genes that it warrants being made?
The primary gene is the gene that affects markings on across the dragon's body. It comes in the 67 colors available. If you have a suggestion for a primary gene, post it here. Images that help get your point across are welcome.

Quote:
To help ensure that your suggestion has the best chance of being used, consider the following:
  • Would the gene work in all 67 colors?
  • How well would the gene mix-and-match with existing secondary genes?
  • Would the gene look good across all breeds of dragon?
  • Are there any line art edits involved? If so, they should be minor, as large edits will make equipment no longer fit. Edits cannot interfere with the way that the eyes and secondary pieces of the dragon work with the body shape.
  • Is the gene different enough from existing genes that it warrants being made?
A frost pattern would be quite pretty, but perhaps rather time consuming for the artists.

Tips (muzzle, end of tail, feet, and ears), could fade into the tertiary color and would be a faster implementation art-wise.

Bioluminescent spots, although this would look better with light on a dark background. I was thinking that the "glow" would only reflect off of the dragon's fur/skin/scales and would not create an aura around it.

Half circles like the feather tips on some snowy owls. A google image search of a snowy owl will show some nice black and white patterns on the owls.

A frost pattern would be quite pretty, but perhaps rather time consuming for the artists.

Tips (muzzle, end of tail, feet, and ears), could fade into the tertiary color and would be a faster implementation art-wise.

Bioluminescent spots, although this would look better with light on a dark background. I was thinking that the "glow" would only reflect off of the dragon's fur/skin/scales and would not create an aura around it.

Half circles like the feather tips on some snowy owls. A google image search of a snowy owl will show some nice black and white patterns on the owls.

I'll just come out and say it Undel, and then I promise to not bug you anymore about it (because I loves you).

Plaid.

Hear me out.

- How would it work: Stripes. Beautiful, beautiful stripes. Their color could be pulled from the Tertiary color of the dragon.

- Mixing: Shouldn't be an issue. It'd be like Tiger Stripes, but better. Could be a Plaid Secondary gene as well.

- All breeds of dragon love plaid, scientific fact.

- Shouldn't need any line art changes that I'm aware of.

- It's different because it's better.

So, as you can see, Plaid is basically necessary for a healthy dragon nest. Case closed.
I'll just come out and say it Undel, and then I promise to not bug you anymore about it (because I loves you).

Plaid.

Hear me out.

- How would it work: Stripes. Beautiful, beautiful stripes. Their color could be pulled from the Tertiary color of the dragon.

- Mixing: Shouldn't be an issue. It'd be like Tiger Stripes, but better. Could be a Plaid Secondary gene as well.

- All breeds of dragon love plaid, scientific fact.

- Shouldn't need any line art changes that I'm aware of.

- It's different because it's better.

So, as you can see, Plaid is basically necessary for a healthy dragon nest. Case closed.
Ducks? [ ] Yes [ ] No
A few nature based suggestions here.

Leopard spots
Okapi Stripes
Python

A few nature based suggestions here.

Leopard spots
Okapi Stripes
Python

aDfZQhN.png xxxxxxxxxxxxx Blade
He/him || FR+2
Bladeworks Accents
Dragon Sales
kI1SYJ7.png
Lionfish Coloring
Lionfish Coloring
Vj0BLbc.png
Whale shark spots :0
Stitches (like dolls, rather than medical...)
Diamondback?
Film grain/static/glitter
Tribal (because there is always a tribal marking in any game)

idk throwing out my ideas
Whale shark spots :0
Stitches (like dolls, rather than medical...)
Diamondback?
Film grain/static/glitter
Tribal (because there is always a tribal marking in any game)

idk throwing out my ideas
Siamese? I like the idea for the Lionfish coloring. ^-^
Siamese? I like the idea for the Lionfish coloring. ^-^
isjE8eL.gif
Not sure if this would be better for tertiary, but I'd love to see a piebald!
Not sure if this would be better for tertiary, but I'd love to see a piebald!
CZPi.pngqKmW.pngzfiK.pngqOns.pngX1Vf.png
Some of the suggestions posted here sound more like skins than something that would be passed down naturally.

I suggest a giraffe pattern.
Some of the suggestions posted here sound more like skins than something that would be passed down naturally.

I suggest a giraffe pattern.
~
I suggest a pattern where the belly is the tertiary pattern.
I suggest a pattern where the belly is the tertiary pattern.
FR_Arcanethin_zps84463c57.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 194 195