Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Trading in Food Points
I have a lot of Faes, and they eat a lot of bugs. I don't need a lot of Meat/Fish/Plant food points, so it'd be nice to have a mechanic where I could trade in food points of the type of food my lair doesn't really eat, for Bugs. It could be like a 3:1, 4:1 ratio or something. Not efficient, but better than having meat I can't eat. I've seen a few "chef apparel" suggestions as well, so perhaps this could be timed with a new Chef NPC wearing Chef Apparel, for those who would like that kind of thing.
I have a lot of Faes, and they eat a lot of bugs. I don't need a lot of Meat/Fish/Plant food points, so it'd be nice to have a mechanic where I could trade in food points of the type of food my lair doesn't really eat, for Bugs. It could be like a 3:1, 4:1 ratio or something. Not efficient, but better than having meat I can't eat. I've seen a few "chef apparel" suggestions as well, so perhaps this could be timed with a new Chef NPC wearing Chef Apparel, for those who would like that kind of thing.
1xcX4j2.gif
I'd use it! I always have more fish than I need.
I'd use it! I always have more fish than I need.
I wouldn't really mind one way or the other, it would still be more efficient to trade/sell unconverted food so it shouldn't really be a huge impact if you can convert at a point loss.

Although for anyone who has issues with your clan unevenly eating the different food types, you can use Selective Feeding (in the account settings menu) to force your dragons to eat certain types first if they are able to!

Not super helpful in the case of the Faes because they only eat Insects, but if you have varied diet dragons you can force them to eat different foods. Its how I force my army of Gaolers to be vegetarian only instead of munching through the meat stores every day.
I wouldn't really mind one way or the other, it would still be more efficient to trade/sell unconverted food so it shouldn't really be a huge impact if you can convert at a point loss.

Although for anyone who has issues with your clan unevenly eating the different food types, you can use Selective Feeding (in the account settings menu) to force your dragons to eat certain types first if they are able to!

Not super helpful in the case of the Faes because they only eat Insects, but if you have varied diet dragons you can force them to eat different foods. Its how I force my army of Gaolers to be vegetarian only instead of munching through the meat stores every day.
QJ20y3o.png
No support...? This isn't necessarily because I think this is a bad idea, but because it technically already exists in some way. The main ways I can think of doing a "food exchange" with what is already here are:
  1. Hoardselling your unwanted non-insect food points, and using the funds to procure more insect food points
  2. Using Baldwin to create Soylent Yellow, which is made by melting down unwanted foods at Baldwins, thus counting as an exchange of food points (a profit, even, in some cases)
No support...? This isn't necessarily because I think this is a bad idea, but because it technically already exists in some way. The main ways I can think of doing a "food exchange" with what is already here are:
  1. Hoardselling your unwanted non-insect food points, and using the funds to procure more insect food points
  2. Using Baldwin to create Soylent Yellow, which is made by melting down unwanted foods at Baldwins, thus counting as an exchange of food points (a profit, even, in some cases)
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
[quote name="PeptoBizmo" date="2023-02-06 12:07:28" ] No support...? This isn't necessarily because I think this is a bad idea, but because it technically already exists in some way. The main ways I can think of doing a "food exchange" with what is already here are: Hoardselling your unwanted non-insect food points, and using the funds to procure more insect food points Using Baldwin to create Soylent Yellow, which is made by melting down unwanted foods at Baldwins, thus counting as an exchange of food points (a profit, even, in some cases) [/quote] No support for these reasons, too. There's also the various buying and selling forums, too, where you'd be able to trade them in, so there's really no reason to include some sort of food exchange. Just think of it as free material to melt down with Baldwin, since you don't have to convert all of the food you have into food points.
PeptoBizmo wrote on 2023-02-06 12:07:28:

Hoardselling your unwanted non-insect food points, and using the funds to procure more insect food points
Using Baldwin to create Soylent Yellow, which is made by melting down unwanted foods at Baldwins, thus counting as an exchange of food points (a profit, even, in some cases)

No support for these reasons, too. There's also the various buying and selling forums, too, where you'd be able to trade them in, so there's really no reason to include some sort of food exchange. Just think of it as free material to melt down with Baldwin, since you don't have to convert all of the food you have into food points.
jt3PpxV.png

57IQneR.png
VA1XCHD.png
tumblr_inline_muyatr50kb1r2ctmi.png

7047518a37213b98173b65a97a99bc48af10aa58.png
I mean, support for a cooking feature, but a direct trade already kinda exists as the commenters above me have said.
I mean, support for a cooking feature, but a direct trade already kinda exists as the commenters above me have said.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Support, I have way more plant points than I'll likely ever need (my other supplies are around 3200 each, plants are past 5k), and I can't just use baldwin or hoardselling because I don't have them in item form.
Support, I have way more plant points than I'll likely ever need (my other supplies are around 3200 each, plants are past 5k), and I can't just use baldwin or hoardselling because I don't have them in item form.
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2023-02-07 05:05:44" ] I mean, support for a cooking feature, but a direct trade already kinda exists as the commenters above me have said. [/quote] Woold say the same. I would enjoy a new trading post activity to craft food with nice recipes and more effective than Soylent at Baldwin's... But trading food points for another don't sounds interesting as you are not forced to confert items into points. Trading your food item on th eforum is the best way, and you can have 1:1 food point with another player. ^^
Renaiwom wrote on 2023-02-07 05:05:44:

Woold say the same.

I would enjoy a new trading post activity to craft food with nice recipes and more effective than Soylent at Baldwin's...

But trading food points for another don't sounds interesting as you are not forced to confert items into points. Trading your food item on th eforum is the best way, and you can have 1:1 food point with another player. ^^
9Iyo63B.png
?ytbH=party.png
Help me to grow!!!
My 100 Babies Challenge
(With a Naomi's descendant)