Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Search by Keyword
My suggestion is to search by keyword instead of item name. There are a few bird items in the database I don't know the name of. Searching "bird" would be easier if it yielded all apparel items that had a bird or bird related part.

Instead, you have to search for individual birds. If you don't know the item exists, how can you search for it?

The Dressing Room doesn't allow searches by keyword. The Game Database doesn't either- it pulls searches from the description but not the item.
My suggestion is to search by keyword instead of item name. There are a few bird items in the database I don't know the name of. Searching "bird" would be easier if it yielded all apparel items that had a bird or bird related part.

Instead, you have to search for individual birds. If you don't know the item exists, how can you search for it?

The Dressing Room doesn't allow searches by keyword. The Game Database doesn't either- it pulls searches from the description but not the item.
I would absolutely love a tagging system if there was time to set aside for one of the team members, or even a group of selected volunteers, to sift through the Database and add tags to every item. If that's way too much of an undertaking, then just Apparel and Skins would be fine.

The naming system of items is certainly unique, and while that isn't really an issue since it's part of the style of the site, sometimes I want to search every single hat item. Because my dragon needs a hat, but I don't remember the individual names of every single one and you can't really easily filter anything.

There are plenty of user-made guides for Apparel, but man, I'd love to be able to search through the Game Database or Dressing Room for items easily, and sometimes search up "flowers" or "wings" in the Skins section of the Database...
I would absolutely love a tagging system if there was time to set aside for one of the team members, or even a group of selected volunteers, to sift through the Database and add tags to every item. If that's way too much of an undertaking, then just Apparel and Skins would be fine.

The naming system of items is certainly unique, and while that isn't really an issue since it's part of the style of the site, sometimes I want to search every single hat item. Because my dragon needs a hat, but I don't remember the individual names of every single one and you can't really easily filter anything.

There are plenty of user-made guides for Apparel, but man, I'd love to be able to search through the Game Database or Dressing Room for items easily, and sometimes search up "flowers" or "wings" in the Skins section of the Database...
fo11Vhp.png