Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Optional setting: parental titles
1 2
Greetings! It has been a while! I've come with a simple suggestion, an ability to change the parental titles of your dragons! How it would work: go to your dragon settings and under options it'll have a box you can type in for parental title. Instead of just "mother" and "father" you can type almost anything. Why bother with multiple choice answers when there are many ways to work with it? It'll be tied to your lair and be private. When traded the dragon's settings will go back to default. Reasons I want this and how it can benefit others: -trans dragons -lore for your dragon -maybe you want to be silly -just another tiny detail to customize And for newbies: It won't affect them unless they stumble upon it. The setting would state very readable letters "parental title" with a description that reads: changes the title of your dragon in the nesting grounds. Ex. Father -> wizard As for a personal reason, I admittedly am very uncomfortable seeing my trans dragosn misgendered in the nesting grounds and if I do get more active in the game I might give them some cute titles or have the browser game correctly gender them ^^; It'd be a pretty non-destructive update with no down sides! Can't be abused if no one else can see what it says. Cool title (and some funny) ideas: Goose and duck cream and cheese Father and father Mother and mother Plush and patches Eldritch and horror Duke and duches Moss and stone It would also be kind of cool if these titles had the same character limit as names. Silly ideas for longer titles: Madam fluff and Duchess of goo Sir chocolate and Sire sweets Your long dragon names [emoji=special eyes size=1] I understand the desire for big ideas and bigger themes, I just find small details and small updates neat. [emoji=snapper happy size=1] Edit: I just remembered something! The family tree! The titles would affect the family tree but only you can see the edits. So that would mean if you have a gen1 pair with cool titles the offspring would show it but only to you. To the outside observer it wouldn't show the title, just what the family tree has always had. To throw in another idea, exalted dragons are just called "ancestors" since you cannot really view much info on them to begin with. Progens recovered from exalting have their titles turned back to default unless you change it.
Greetings! It has been a while!
I've come with a simple suggestion, an ability to change the parental titles of your dragons!
How it would work: go to your dragon settings and under options it'll have a box you can type in for parental title. Instead of just "mother" and "father" you can type almost anything. Why bother with multiple choice answers when there are many ways to work with it? It'll be tied to your lair and be private. When traded the dragon's settings will go back to default.
Reasons I want this and how it can benefit others:
-trans dragons
-lore for your dragon
-maybe you want to be silly
-just another tiny detail to customize

And for newbies: It won't affect them unless they stumble upon it. The setting would state very readable letters "parental title" with a description that reads: changes the title of your dragon in the nesting grounds. Ex. Father -> wizard

As for a personal reason, I admittedly am very uncomfortable seeing my trans dragosn misgendered in the nesting grounds and if I do get more active in the game I might give them some cute titles or have the browser game correctly gender them ^^;

It'd be a pretty non-destructive update with no down sides! Can't be abused if no one else can see what it says.

Cool title (and some funny) ideas:
Goose and duck
cream and cheese
Father and father
Mother and mother
Plush and patches
Eldritch and horror
Duke and duches
Moss and stone

It would also be kind of cool if these titles had the same character limit as names.

Silly ideas for longer titles:
Madam fluff and Duchess of goo
Sir chocolate and Sire sweets
Your long dragon names

I understand the desire for big ideas and bigger themes, I just find small details and small updates neat.

Edit: I just remembered something! The family tree!
The titles would affect the family tree but only you can see the edits. So that would mean if you have a gen1 pair with cool titles the offspring would show it but only to you. To the outside observer it wouldn't show the title, just what the family tree has always had.
To throw in another idea, exalted dragons are just called "ancestors" since you cannot really view much info on them to begin with. Progens recovered from exalting have their titles turned back to default unless you change it.
The thing about the nesting grounds is you could never have it be accurate if your lair has many different parent situations. You could only have the two titles so it will never be able to be properly accurate.

Example: What if you have two father and two mother pairs? You can't just make both father or mother and have it be accurate. Those titles are for all the dragons in the lair.

The best thing there is probably to give the option of changing mother and father to just the symbols. That's what the drop downs actually sort them to and would be far more accurate.

On the other idea, the bio page only has parents and offspring so I'm a little confused about how the page is going to display it. And I don't really want an Ancestor tag on every exalted dragon in the lists.

The thing about the nesting grounds is you could never have it be accurate if your lair has many different parent situations. You could only have the two titles so it will never be able to be properly accurate.

Example: What if you have two father and two mother pairs? You can't just make both father or mother and have it be accurate. Those titles are for all the dragons in the lair.

The best thing there is probably to give the option of changing mother and father to just the symbols. That's what the drop downs actually sort them to and would be far more accurate.

On the other idea, the bio page only has parents and offspring so I'm a little confused about how the page is going to display it. And I don't really want an Ancestor tag on every exalted dragon in the lists.

[quote name="wittykitsune" date="2022-05-15 14:30:32" ] The thing about the nesting grounds is you could never have it be accurate if your lair has many different parent situations. You could only have the two titles so it will never be able to be properly accurate. [/quote] It says it is an option in dragon settings, not the nesting grounds. I assume this title would be on each dragon and would change the mother and father titles to whatever it says for that dragon. And if it says nothing, it defaults to the original. As long as these titles were erased upon transfer to another user, I guess I can't think of a reason why not? I'm also assuming the nesting grounds is the only place this shows though. EDIT: This does come with the caveat that I think it would have to be a silly level of "easy to implement" to make it worth the time. Like someone else in the thread pointed out, you see this for ten seconds or less, and it doesn't show up anywhere else. If it is even the slightest bit difficult to do, ten seconds every fifteen days (at most) is not a big deal. The options for customization are already practically endless, and this... just seems pretty much not worth it if it takes more than ten minutes to do.
wittykitsune wrote on 2022-05-15 14:30:32:
It says it is an option in dragon settings, not the nesting grounds. I assume this title would be on each dragon and would change the mother and father titles to whatever it says for that dragon. And if it says nothing, it defaults to the original.

As long as these titles were erased upon transfer to another user, I guess I can't think of a reason why not? I'm also assuming the nesting grounds is the only place this shows though.

EDIT:
This does come with the caveat that I think it would have to be a silly level of "easy to implement" to make it worth the time. Like someone else in the thread pointed out, you see this for ten seconds or less, and it doesn't show up anywhere else. If it is even the slightest bit difficult to do, ten seconds every fifteen days (at most) is not a big deal. The options for customization are already practically endless, and this... just seems pretty much not worth it if it takes more than ten minutes to do.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I guess I could support this, I'm worried slightly about whether the coding is particularly complicated for something very, very small (as the actual titles don't really show up much at all) but I understand that's something for the devs to decide. I am not a dev, so I have not a clue.
But it seems pretty much harmless and a cute customization bonus.
I guess I could support this, I'm worried slightly about whether the coding is particularly complicated for something very, very small (as the actual titles don't really show up much at all) but I understand that's something for the devs to decide. I am not a dev, so I have not a clue.
But it seems pretty much harmless and a cute customization bonus.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
This would be a cute, fun, and simple way to customize the nesting grounds. I've always wanted some sort of way to customize that page.
This would be a cute, fun, and simple way to customize the nesting grounds. I've always wanted some sort of way to customize that page.
I think wittykitsune makes a good point. It would be one thing if you wanted to customize the titles for all parents to be 'Parent/Coparent' or whatever, which I could see be an easy fix but a tad pointless unless a majority of your dragons won't fit the mother/father title.

However you sound like you're proposing multiple titles and I don't quite see how that would work when the mother/father headline appears before any dragons are picked and bred.

As for the family tree I don't think there's anywhere that specifies which of the two dragons is the mother, and which is the father? It's just listed with the father's name first and the mother's below, but personally I always forget that order and have to click on the dragons to check.
I think wittykitsune makes a good point. It would be one thing if you wanted to customize the titles for all parents to be 'Parent/Coparent' or whatever, which I could see be an easy fix but a tad pointless unless a majority of your dragons won't fit the mother/father title.

However you sound like you're proposing multiple titles and I don't quite see how that would work when the mother/father headline appears before any dragons are picked and bred.

As for the family tree I don't think there's anywhere that specifies which of the two dragons is the mother, and which is the father? It's just listed with the father's name first and the mother's below, but personally I always forget that order and have to click on the dragons to check.
by-knighterrant.png
This is cute, but I think I would prefer the sub-suggestions others have proposed in the comments. I think adding a new variable to a dragon that would only be visible on one page for 10 seconds while you're selecting parents for the new nest might be a bit of an overkill in terms of the amount of effort that would br needed to be put into coding. I'd rather see Father and Mother be replaced with something similar to this: [center][size=5]Parent[color=transparent]_[/color][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair/icons/male.png[/img][color=transparent]___[/color]/[color=transparent]___[/color]Parent[color=transparent]_[/color][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair/icons/female.png[/img] [/center]
This is cute, but I think I would prefer the sub-suggestions others have proposed in the comments. I think adding a new variable to a dragon that would only be visible on one page for 10 seconds while you're selecting parents for the new nest might be a bit of an overkill in terms of the amount of effort that would br needed to be put into coding. I'd rather see Father and Mother be replaced with something similar to this:
Parent_male.png___/___Parent_female.png
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
[quote name="Anchoram" date="2022-05-16 04:26:33" ] However you sound like you're proposing multiple titles and I don't quite see how that would work when the mother/father headline appears before any dragons are picked and bred. [/quote] its really not that difficult to make work, it could just switch from default to the correct title when the dragon with different title is picked.
Anchoram wrote on 2022-05-16 04:26:33:

its really not that difficult to make work, it could just switch from default to the correct title when the dragon with different title is picked.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
The only place ‘Father’ and ‘Mother’ is shown is when you are selecting a dragon to breed them. It’s not there in day to day life, it’s not there when they are on nest. So I don’t really understand why you would want to fully customize something that is only viewable for maybe 10 seconds.

Now campaigning to make those buttons more gender neutral like @/hydde says? You’d have my full support. As long as it still shows the sex for breeding purposes.

As for the rest of you post… you lost me pretty hard, I’m not sure what exactly you want to change? Family trees don’t exist? (yet, one day hopefully) exalted dragons aren’t ancestors? A dragon can have a great grandchild that’s exalted, which completely contradicts the meaning of the word ancestor.
The only place ‘Father’ and ‘Mother’ is shown is when you are selecting a dragon to breed them. It’s not there in day to day life, it’s not there when they are on nest. So I don’t really understand why you would want to fully customize something that is only viewable for maybe 10 seconds.

Now campaigning to make those buttons more gender neutral like @/hydde says? You’d have my full support. As long as it still shows the sex for breeding purposes.

As for the rest of you post… you lost me pretty hard, I’m not sure what exactly you want to change? Family trees don’t exist? (yet, one day hopefully) exalted dragons aren’t ancestors? A dragon can have a great grandchild that’s exalted, which completely contradicts the meaning of the word ancestor.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
[quote name="Vely" date="2022-05-15 16:41:54" ] This would be a cute, fun, and simple way to customize the nesting grounds. I've always wanted some sort of way to customize that page. [/quote] Yee! It would be pretty nice if I could call a breeding pair flower titles!
Vely wrote on 2022-05-15 16:41:54:
Yee! It would be pretty nice if I could call a breeding pair flower titles!
1 2