Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Warrior's Way, NotN, & more!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 111 112
[center][permalink][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/devupdate.png[/img][/permalink][/center] In today's update we'll be talking about an all-new upcoming event, the future of [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i], and more! [center][b][permalink]Click here to learn more about this update.[/permalink][/b][/center] [more] ------- [size=5][b]Night of the Nocturne Going Forward[/b][/size] [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] is a yearly event revolving around the Nocturne breed, enchantment, and mimicry that takes place at the end of December. It's one of our most popular events and grows every year. [b]At this time, there are nearly [u]400[/u] items unique to [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i].[/b] The number of items exclusive to the event makes this a huge holiday with a significant collection backlog, especially for new players. The size of this event grows every year with the addition of new content. Between familiars, apparel, scenes, and vistas last year, we added 68 new items! We love that there's new content each year to make [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] an interesting and engaging event for our returning players; but the size of it has become something that's quite incredible and [I]maybe[/I] approaching unmanageable for players who haven't been here from the start. Going forward, we would like to continue to add new items to each year's celebration of NotN, but we would like to have the amount that we add be reduced. (for example, 25 new items each year instead of nearly 70.) We can redirect our event content efforts towards a [b]new event[/b] - something that's not quite as stuffed with items from years' of the event's history. [b]What this means:[/b] [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] will continue to run each year and have new items added, [b]but at a slower pace[/b], as the event already has an enormous amount of content. --------- [size=5][b]Introducing: Warrior's Way![/b][/size] [b][i]Warrior's Way[/i] is a new event calling for warriors, smiths, armorers, and other ferocious, like-minded creatures![/b] [i]Warrior's Way[/i] will have its content grow year-over-year, much like [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] does, but with future plans for a new distribution system. [b]The first annual [i]Warrior's Way[/i] will run for 10 days, from August 5th to August 14th 2021[/b], and will take place in the first half of August each year. For its debut, [i]Warrior's Way[/i] will operate with a [b]"Strange Chest" type system[/b], with much of the unique items from this year having a chance to appear inside. They will also be spread across the Marketplace and available through game features like Baldwin's Bubbling Brew. You will be able to participate by fighting new and existing opponents in the coliseum, as well as by performing other daily activities across the site. [info][I][b]NOTE:[/b] For future Warrior's Way events, we will likely be changing the item distribution to something more like a trade-in shop, but in order for that to happen we need to finish development on a new type of system that isn't quite ready this year.[/I][/info] ---------- [size=5][b]Festive Favors & Event Shops[/b][/size] Our team is still continually refactoring Flight Rising's codebase, and the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=festive]elemental festival shop[/url] of Festive Favors is still running on older ("legacy") code. [b]When we refactor this area,[/b] we plan to dedicate development time toward creating a flexible system that can be used for a variety of timed shopkeepers, which can be used for new events such as [i]Warrior's Way[/i] as well as potentially existing events that could use an update. We don't have an estimated completion time for this type of feature, so expect more information from us next year. ----------- [size=5][b]2021[/b][/size] It's been an incredible year so far already, but we hope to continue bringing exciting things to the world of Flight Rising in 2021 and beyond. New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon for this year. Thank you for sticking with us, and we look forward to continuing to create an even better game with you! [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/newstuffforthisyear.png[/img] [I][size=2][Image caption: Image is a gray scale silhouette of an in-progress unreleased dragon breed.][/size][/I][/center]
devupdate.png

In today's update we'll be talking about an all-new upcoming event, the future of Night of the Nocturne, and more!

Night of the Nocturne Going Forward

Night of the Nocturne is a yearly event revolving around the Nocturne breed, enchantment, and mimicry that takes place at the end of December. It's one of our most popular events and grows every year. At this time, there are nearly 400 items unique to Night of the Nocturne. The number of items exclusive to the event makes this a huge holiday with a significant collection backlog, especially for new players.

The size of this event grows every year with the addition of new content. Between familiars, apparel, scenes, and vistas last year, we added 68 new items! We love that there's new content each year to make Night of the Nocturne an interesting and engaging event for our returning players; but the size of it has become something that's quite incredible and maybe approaching unmanageable for players who haven't been here from the start.

Going forward, we would like to continue to add new items to each year's celebration of NotN, but we would like to have the amount that we add be reduced. (for example, 25 new items each year instead of nearly 70.) We can redirect our event content efforts towards a new event - something that's not quite as stuffed with items from years' of the event's history.

What this means: Night of the Nocturne will continue to run each year and have new items added, but at a slower pace, as the event already has an enormous amount of content.

Introducing: Warrior's Way!

Warrior's Way is a new event calling for warriors, smiths, armorers, and other ferocious, like-minded creatures! Warrior's Way will have its content grow year-over-year, much like Night of the Nocturne does, but with future plans for a new distribution system.

The first annual Warrior's Way will run for 10 days, from August 5th to August 14th 2021, and will take place in the first half of August each year.

For its debut, Warrior's Way will operate with a "Strange Chest" type system, with much of the unique items from this year having a chance to appear inside. They will also be spread across the Marketplace and available through game features like Baldwin's Bubbling Brew. You will be able to participate by fighting new and existing opponents in the coliseum, as well as by performing other daily activities across the site.

NOTE: For future Warrior's Way events, we will likely be changing the item distribution to something more like a trade-in shop, but in order for that to happen we need to finish development on a new type of system that isn't quite ready this year.

Festive Favors & Event Shops

Our team is still continually refactoring Flight Rising's codebase, and the elemental festival shop of Festive Favors is still running on older ("legacy") code. When we refactor this area, we plan to dedicate development time toward creating a flexible system that can be used for a variety of timed shopkeepers, which can be used for new events such as Warrior's Way as well as potentially existing events that could use an update. We don't have an estimated completion time for this type of feature, so expect more information from us next year.

It's been an incredible year so far already, but we hope to continue bringing exciting things to the world of Flight Rising in 2021 and beyond. New features and a new ancient breed are on the horizon for this year. Thank you for sticking with us, and we look forward to continuing to create an even better game with you!
newstuffforthisyear.png
[Image caption: Image is a gray scale silhouette of an in-progress unreleased dragon breed.]
ooh

edit: woah this sounds awesome! and the new breed looks insanely cool :0
ooh

edit: woah this sounds awesome! and the new breed looks insanely cool :0
- she/her
- fr+3
- badges
BXMA6Ma.gif
Yooo

WAIT IS THAT GONNA BE A NEW BREED-
Yooo

WAIT IS THAT GONNA BE A NEW BREED-
OWwMRKZ.png
Just wow :000

Edit: 3 new breeds in like 1-2 years?? FR team, you are heroes, thank you very much ;-;
Looks like a new plague breed to me :'000
Just wow :000

Edit: 3 new breeds in like 1-2 years?? FR team, you are heroes, thank you very much ;-;
Looks like a new plague breed to me :'000

___ maystorm.png
This looks exciting :0
This looks exciting :0
TheHydrakeHydra

YouTube!
Nice!!

OMG A NEW BREED AHHHHH I NEED ONEEEE
Nice!!

OMG A NEW BREED AHHHHH I NEED ONEEEE
BEXx3Jf.gif
Woot!

Love NoN, you guys put so much work into it, it really shows!
Woot!

Love NoN, you guys put so much work into it, it really shows!
WishList~https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51325905
yoooo im so stoked for all of this!
yoooo im so stoked for all of this!
tumblr_okvm6tN6DV1u3wsjco1_250.png1548_200px_gavina_by_miirshroom-dcaydhk.png
Made by miirshroom
OMG! New breed! & that silhouette looks interesting!
OMG! New breed! & that silhouette looks interesting!
Life is just a neat example of electromagnetic force!
:0
:0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 111 112