Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Help pricing a G1 XXY and XYX?
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I really need help pricing a pair of G1s I've hatched and been sitting on for a long time. I've got no experience with G1s since I don't really care about them, I just like hatching the eggs for fun. I've been told both of these are valuable and I've just been having them gather dust, so it's time to give them the boot. They're both pretty matchy in colors too. First off I have this XYX noct. Indigo/Lapis/Indigo, male, never bred. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67780258][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=112&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=148&auth=541a076db8efa176248a671f91ae342d2d8d650c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Second is this XXY mirror. Purple/Purple/Lavender, male, never bred. He's 2 years old now. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46451563][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=16&auth=3f652cc4e3975dda96f191636e64cc97b5b8489b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Really, anything would help. I really don't wanna overprice or sell for less than I deserve for them. Thanks!
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I really need help pricing a pair of G1s I've hatched and been sitting on for a long time. I've got no experience with G1s since I don't really care about them, I just like hatching the eggs for fun. I've been told both of these are valuable and I've just been having them gather dust, so it's time to give them the boot. They're both pretty matchy in colors too.

First off I have this XYX noct. Indigo/Lapis/Indigo, male, never bred.
dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=112&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=148&auth=541a076db8efa176248a671f91ae342d2d8d650c&dummyext=prev.png

Second is this XXY mirror. Purple/Purple/Lavender, male, never bred. He's 2 years old now.
dragon?age=1&body=16&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=16&auth=3f652cc4e3975dda96f191636e64cc97b5b8489b&dummyext=prev.png

Really, anything would help. I really don't wanna overprice or sell for less than I deserve for them. Thanks!
@Stoplight

Wow! Those are some lovely dragons and they should certainly fetch a good price. Unfortunately, dragon prices are too subjective to give a good "this is definitely their value" suggestion, but we can look at similar listings.

The cheapest XYX G1 on the AH right now is 150g, but the cheapest where the Y is reasonably in range is 500g, and that's for a much less desirable range (orange vs your blue). Cheapest close range blue XYX I'm seeing is 2500g, so maybe that or a bit lower is a good starting point?

Now on to the XXY. Cheapest XXY G1 on the AH right now is 1000g, with a purple/purple at 1500g even with a clashing tert. I see a purple/purple/ice at 2500g... Still not seeing anything with very close tert like yours, so let's keep looking. Here's probably the cheapest close dragon to yours: an amethyst/amethyst/wisteria for 3500g. Sounds like a reasonable place to start!

For dragons like these, I'd recommend running an auction to get the most for your dragon. Set the starting bid at the lowest you'd be willing to accept for the dragon, run it for a few days, and see who bites! If you're not comfortable running an auction yourself, there are services that will run them on your behalf. I can also give pointers if needed!

Best of luck!
@Stoplight

Wow! Those are some lovely dragons and they should certainly fetch a good price. Unfortunately, dragon prices are too subjective to give a good "this is definitely their value" suggestion, but we can look at similar listings.

The cheapest XYX G1 on the AH right now is 150g, but the cheapest where the Y is reasonably in range is 500g, and that's for a much less desirable range (orange vs your blue). Cheapest close range blue XYX I'm seeing is 2500g, so maybe that or a bit lower is a good starting point?

Now on to the XXY. Cheapest XXY G1 on the AH right now is 1000g, with a purple/purple at 1500g even with a clashing tert. I see a purple/purple/ice at 2500g... Still not seeing anything with very close tert like yours, so let's keep looking. Here's probably the cheapest close dragon to yours: an amethyst/amethyst/wisteria for 3500g. Sounds like a reasonable place to start!

For dragons like these, I'd recommend running an auction to get the most for your dragon. Set the starting bid at the lowest you'd be willing to accept for the dragon, run it for a few days, and see who bites! If you're not comfortable running an auction yourself, there are services that will run them on your behalf. I can also give pointers if needed!

Best of luck!
image.png . > she/her
> FRT +3
> Dragons for sale
> Voltsy's free dragons
> Half-an-egg
@voltsy That's understandable, which is why I figured I'd ask rather than just look at what the cheapest XXY was, haha. That's a whole lot more than I expected for both of them! I'm glad I asked or I would've sold them for a quarter of that price! [emoji=ridgeback scared size=1] I definitely think I'll have to try running an auction... I'm not entirely sure how to do it, but I'm sure I could figure it out eventually. Thank you so much!
@voltsy
That's understandable, which is why I figured I'd ask rather than just look at what the cheapest XXY was, haha.

That's a whole lot more than I expected for both of them! I'm glad I asked or I would've sold them for a quarter of that price! I definitely think I'll have to try running an auction... I'm not entirely sure how to do it, but I'm sure I could figure it out eventually.

Thank you so much!