Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 199 200
[center][permalink][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/eyesawyouhadsomesuggestions.png[/img][/permalink][/center] Two new eye types are introduced alongside changes to the eye system. [center][permalink][b]Click here to read more about today's update[/b][/permalink][/center][more] [br][br][b][size=5]Bright, Soft Eyes[/size][/b] [emoji=normal eyes size=1] [b]Bright [/b]and [b]Pastel[/b] are two new, natural eye types that can now appear on new hatchlings. These types are [b]less common than rare eyes[/b], but [b]more common than goat, faceted, multi-gaze, or primal eye types[/b]. [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/trading/gift]Galore[/url][/b] has a couple of clanbound gift vials of these beautiful eyes for each clan until [b]May 10th at 9:00[/b] server time. Be sure to pick them up from Galore before then! [center][item=clanbound vial of brilliant sight][item=clanbound vial of soft sight][/center] [br][br][b][size=5]Natural Eye Vials[/size][/b] [emoji=special eyes size=1] As of this update, Eye Vials for the following natural eye types now have a chance to stock in the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/market/treasure/specialty]treasure marketplace[/url][/b]: [b]Uncommon, Unusual, Rare, Bright, Pastel, Goat, Faceted, Multi-Gaze,[/b] and [b]Primal[/b]. [center][item=vial of uncommon sight][item=vial of unusual sight][item=vial of rare sight][item=vial of brilliant sight][item=vial of soft sight][item=vial of horizontal sight][item=vial of fractal sight][item=vial of disjointed sight][item=vial of elemental sight][/center] When we created the eye type system we intended for it to make breeding a little more exciting by altering the eyes. Our main goal was to make the act of welcoming any new hatchling a bit more special. We thought that in the surprise cases where when hatchlings exhibited an eye type, it could create an opportunity for players to embark on a dragon project that they may have overlooked otherwise. What once might have been a dragon that would be immediately exalted or sold could open the door to a whole new aesthetic. As we all know, the best of intentions sometimes don’t lead to the best outcome, especially in a game like ours. This system became frustrating for many players who yearned to use these new eyes types on their existing dragons, many of which they've been working a long time on or have sentimental meaning. With the launch of the system, we released an event-exclusive item—the [b]Vial of Scattersight[/b]—that we’d hoped would help replicate that randomized surprise for a few existing dragons. Looking back, we recognize that releasing that item was a mistake. Even though we thought we were providing a quirky item that could extend the eye types system backwards for a few dragons per player, they ended up exacerbating that frustration. [b]We don’t plan to bring back the Vial of Scattersight [/b]or any item like it, so we’re moving forward with the following [b]gameplay philosophy[/b] in mind: In [i]Flight Rising[/i], if you put enough time into it, you can pretty much craft your perfect dragon. That should remain one of the most important aspects of our game. With that said... Going forward, we've implemented a hybrid approach: [b]All hatched dragons will still have a chance of exhibiting natural eye types, [u]and[/u] you will be able to purchase natural eye type vials on the Treasure Marketplace[/b]. [i]([b]NOTE:[/b] The rarer a natural eye type is, the more expensive it will be.)[/i] We hope that there’s a little something for everyone in this new design. It was important for us to retain the hatchling surprises of the old system, while giving players a path forward for their existing dragons (through enough effort, time, and treasure) who would otherwise have never been able to get them. These avenues combined, we think this expands our dragon customization options for all players and make [i]Flight Rising[/i] a richer and more rewarding experience. [br][br][b][size=5]Greenskeeper Gathering Skin & Accent Contest[/size][/b] The eighth annual Greenskeeper Gathering will begin May 23, and we're running a skin and accent contest in celebration![url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3004042] Click here for more information![/url] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3004042][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/nature_contest.png[/img][/url][/center] [br][br][b][size=5]Additional Updates:[/size][/b] [LIST] [*][b]Aerborne Gustgather:[/b] Mirror Female and Tundra Female - fixed bad smoke/rope layering [*][b]Filigree Boots:[/b] Pearlcatcher Female - boots covered up part of the tail fluff [*][b]Standard of the Earthshaker: [/b]Nocturne Male - pixels in side of image [*][b]Silk Scarves:[/b] Skydancer Female - pixels on top of images [*][b]Nurturing Healer's Reference:[/b] Pearlcatcher Female - wrong image uploaded [*][b]Assassin Tools:[/b] Tundra Male - fixed tools drawn over wing [*][b]Assassin Hoods:[/b] Skydancer Male - fixed missing shadow layer [*][b]Feather Capes:[/b] Fae Females - neck fluff of cape covered part of the Fae's face [*][b]Wreaths:[/b] Tundra Females - fixed error where wreaths were in front of the wings [*][b]Boneyard Tatters & Sanddune Rags:[/b] Ridgeback Females - removed stray pixels [*][b]Thorn Crowns:[/b] Mirror Males - removed stray pixels [*][b]Silk Fillets:[/b] Male Snappers - removed stray pixels [/LIST]
eyesawyouhadsomesuggestions.png
Two new eye types are introduced alongside changes to the eye system.

Bright, Soft Eyes
Bright and Pastel are two new, natural eye types that can now appear on new hatchlings. These types are less common than rare eyes, but more common than goat, faceted, multi-gaze, or primal eye types.

Galore has a couple of clanbound gift vials of these beautiful eyes for each clan until May 10th at 9:00 server time. Be sure to pick them up from Galore before then!
Clanbound Vial of Brilliant Sight Clanbound Vial of Soft Sight

Natural Eye Vials
As of this update, Eye Vials for the following natural eye types now have a chance to stock in the treasure marketplace: Uncommon, Unusual, Rare, Bright, Pastel, Goat, Faceted, Multi-Gaze, and Primal.
Vial of Uncommon Sight Vial of Unusual Sight Vial of Rare Sight Vial of Brilliant Sight Vial of Soft Sight Vial of Horizontal Sight Vial of Fractal Sight Vial of Disjointed Sight Vial of Elemental Sight

When we created the eye type system we intended for it to make breeding a little more exciting by altering the eyes.

Our main goal was to make the act of welcoming any new hatchling a bit more special. We thought that in the surprise cases where when hatchlings exhibited an eye type, it could create an opportunity for players to embark on a dragon project that they may have overlooked otherwise. What once might have been a dragon that would be immediately exalted or sold could open the door to a whole new aesthetic.

As we all know, the best of intentions sometimes don’t lead to the best outcome, especially in a game like ours. This system became frustrating for many players who yearned to use these new eyes types on their existing dragons, many of which they've been working a long time on or have sentimental meaning.

With the launch of the system, we released an event-exclusive item—the Vial of Scattersight—that we’d hoped would help replicate that randomized surprise for a few existing dragons. Looking back, we recognize that releasing that item was a mistake. Even though we thought we were providing a quirky item that could extend the eye types system backwards for a few dragons per player, they ended up exacerbating that frustration. We don’t plan to bring back the Vial of Scattersight or any item like it, so we’re moving forward with the following gameplay philosophy in mind:

In Flight Rising, if you put enough time into it, you can pretty much craft your perfect dragon. That should remain one of the most important aspects of our game.

With that said...

Going forward, we've implemented a hybrid approach: All hatched dragons will still have a chance of exhibiting natural eye types, and you will be able to purchase natural eye type vials on the Treasure Marketplace. (NOTE: The rarer a natural eye type is, the more expensive it will be.)

We hope that there’s a little something for everyone in this new design. It was important for us to retain the hatchling surprises of the old system, while giving players a path forward for their existing dragons (through enough effort, time, and treasure) who would otherwise have never been able to get them. These avenues combined, we think this expands our dragon customization options for all players and make Flight Rising a richer and more rewarding experience.

Greenskeeper Gathering Skin & Accent Contest
The eighth annual Greenskeeper Gathering will begin May 23, and we're running a skin and accent contest in celebration! Click here for more information!
nature_contest.png

Additional Updates:
  • Aerborne Gustgather: Mirror Female and Tundra Female - fixed bad smoke/rope layering
  • Filigree Boots: Pearlcatcher Female - boots covered up part of the tail fluff
  • Standard of the Earthshaker: Nocturne Male - pixels in side of image
  • Silk Scarves: Skydancer Female - pixels on top of images
  • Nurturing Healer's Reference: Pearlcatcher Female - wrong image uploaded
  • Assassin Tools: Tundra Male - fixed tools drawn over wing
  • Assassin Hoods: Skydancer Male - fixed missing shadow layer
  • Feather Capes: Fae Females - neck fluff of cape covered part of the Fae's face
  • Wreaths: Tundra Females - fixed error where wreaths were in front of the wings
  • Boneyard Tatters & Sanddune Rags: Ridgeback Females - removed stray pixels
  • Thorn Crowns: Mirror Males - removed stray pixels
  • Silk Fillets: Male Snappers - removed stray pixels

Oh my god this is so cool!

edit: first post let’s gooo
Oh my god this is so cool!

edit: first post let’s gooo
shes_so_small.gif ssssssssssssssssssssss
shiloh/piper
any prns
:-)
sssssssssssssssssssssssss shes_so_small.gif
bro those eye vial icons are PRETTY
bro those eye vial icons are PRETTY
waaah my signature broke and i dont wanna fix it rn
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YESS
Edit: First page! :0

using Vial of Unusual Sight on earth dragons... gives black eyes to them! >;3
that's good for some fan dragons I have~
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YESS
Edit: First page! :0

using Vial of Unusual Sight on earth dragons... gives black eyes to them! >;3
that's good for some fan dragons I have~
Subspecies
JW7BFrr.png
Wishlist
mYhNV2F.png
Fandragon
WJSY23E.png
(You can't.)
jdQyVCQ.png
GxMkNTp.png
WhKPiRp.png
9qsZoTy.png
uISsQhV.gif
qhnETbk.png
[center]Super happy to have this! I've always been a little stingy when it comes to dragon prices, so specialty eyes were *usually* out of my willing range. In any case, I think the accessibility this brings to what is essentially the main focus of the game is going to be a huge plus to casual players who cant afford to fork over $$ for gems. (also, 1:1000 anyone? It's so simple and easy [emoji=wildclaw star size=1] To anyone who thinks their dragons are worthless now, I promise you they are not! If they're something you enjoy that you put time and effort into, they'll always have worth =) Also??? On a different note,, bright and pastel eyes?????? are so good. Especially with ice eyes omg [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=336131d2e81e86f1b6afd1b3ef2fe2d479fc119b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=aba3dd62098a92a5a9db6b12fc04dd052f00dcb7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [url=https://discord.gg/dqUHXtGgp7][img]https://i.ibb.co/309b63N/The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png[/img][/url][/center]
Super happy to have this! I've always been a little stingy when it comes to dragon prices, so specialty eyes were *usually* out of my willing range.

In any case, I think the accessibility this brings to what is essentially the main focus of the game is going to be a huge plus to casual players who cant afford to fork over $$ for gems. (also, 1:1000 anyone? It's so simple and easy To anyone who thinks their dragons are worthless now, I promise you they are not! If they're something you enjoy that you put time and effort into, they'll always have worth =)

Also??? On a different note,, bright and pastel eyes?????? are so good. Especially with ice eyes omg

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=336131d2e81e86f1b6afd1b3ef2fe2d479fc119b&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=13&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=aba3dd62098a92a5a9db6b12fc04dd052f00dcb7&dummyext=prev.png

The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png
0o4ndhs.png
POG
POG
~bxsmxth~
(bismuth)
JvUa9ma.png
z9OsVtc.png
kCHWEjf.png
XibRJY8.png
11efmKl.png
lAvpyOQ.png
eTU8p7x.png
rtTYnrX.png
fHKOi67.png
BT1N47G.png
JPbBP0q.png
uVEyOnT.png
8GgdVkW.png
Nkk0jLq.png
hmlE0W8.png
FBhgews.png
YMPbu9R.png
Z2soOA2.png
4kekx4D.png
Q0Bai3e.png
AkSGmT9.png
WKtl2lb.png
ani_bw-S_648-pirouette.gif
Ah they're so pretty!! And I am SO excited about the sight vials!
Ah they're so pretty!! And I am SO excited about the sight vials!
PWSZq63.png
POGGERS
POGGERS
uAAwcdc.gif

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2283533 free dragons
awesome!
awesome!
Omg yay! Love the new eyes! So glad I decided to play in class XD
I got the notif for galore and my heart rate SPIKED. Definitely wasn’t expecting this! Thanks so much staff!

Edit: front page!!!
Omg yay! Love the new eyes! So glad I decided to play in class XD
I got the notif for galore and my heart rate SPIKED. Definitely wasn’t expecting this! Thanks so much staff!

Edit: front page!!!
8328f59c839d5ce68920167da3694be8edcc868b.jpg4c552a44c34eaa26766f7dea59eb14b651fa9c7e.jpga77765f1e4cc954f924cd547f1e183553fc370ed.jpgffc30d69c22d02cc37f647e7a7d695415f4e2d41.jpg0797ea028aac1ba9c49209da159fc1e7081d872a.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 199 200