Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gem Marketplace vs AH
1 2
Just a quick note, I’m sure it’s already known mainly just reminding myself here, any gem-based stuff from the new ancient is infinite in stock. That means anything over 1000G in the AH (for the scroll, same goes for the genes just with the respective prices) is guaranteed to have the lower priced counterpart in stock. Treasure prices, more up to you to decide how you want to play that, but the gem items themselves don’t run out.

I mean I won’t stop you from buying the scroll for 2000G, do as you wish, I just know prices can go insane for the ancient stuff.
Just a quick note, I’m sure it’s already known mainly just reminding myself here, any gem-based stuff from the new ancient is infinite in stock. That means anything over 1000G in the AH (for the scroll, same goes for the genes just with the respective prices) is guaranteed to have the lower priced counterpart in stock. Treasure prices, more up to you to decide how you want to play that, but the gem items themselves don’t run out.

I mean I won’t stop you from buying the scroll for 2000G, do as you wish, I just know prices can go insane for the ancient stuff.
Pfft yeah I get that when new breeds come out people try and overprice them to what they are really. There’s breed changes in the AH rn and they are priced way over than the original price. Since being a gem breed the hatchlings are a high price but they will eventually go down because it’s new everyone is looking to get one right now. There’s like a 45000g gened veilspun in the AH rn which I think is like....alright you do you....

Pfft yeah I get that when new breeds come out people try and overprice them to what they are really. There’s breed changes in the AH rn and they are priced way over than the original price. Since being a gem breed the hatchlings are a high price but they will eventually go down because it’s new everyone is looking to get one right now. There’s like a 45000g gened veilspun in the AH rn which I think is like....alright you do you....

MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
The people who list the breed change for 5 more gems in the AH are making sure new people do not buy the over priced ones, since new people would not know about the Gem side of the Marketplace yet. Those members are trying to help others by not overcharging for the scrolls.
The people who list the breed change for 5 more gems in the AH are making sure new people do not buy the over priced ones, since new people would not know about the Gem side of the Marketplace yet. Those members are trying to help others by not overcharging for the scrolls.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
I actually try to purchase the gem genes off the AH because that means the gems are going to another user and not a gem sink like the marketplace.
I actually try to purchase the gem genes off the AH because that means the gems are going to another user and not a gem sink like the marketplace.
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
[quote name="Purpleater13" date="2020-11-19 08:07:31" ] I actually try to purchase the gem genes off the AH because that means the gems are going to another user and not a gem sink like the marketplace. [/quote] Yeah but... those gems still left the system. That scroll still came from the gem marketplace. If the seller is charging more then market price, you're just paying someone to buy the scroll for you. Not saying you shouldn't buy scrolls of the AH because sometimes people buy the wrong thing on accident and it's nice to be able to make your money back, but you absolutely shouldn't pay more then what the marketplace charges, because the price of the scroll still was removed from the site, and your just paying someone to rip you off at that point.
Purpleater13 wrote on 2020-11-19 08:07:31:

Yeah but... those gems still left the system. That scroll still came from the gem marketplace. If the seller is charging more then market price, you're just paying someone to buy the scroll for you.

Not saying you shouldn't buy scrolls of the AH because sometimes people buy the wrong thing on accident and it's nice to be able to make your money back, but you absolutely shouldn't pay more then what the marketplace charges, because the price of the scroll still was removed from the site, and your just paying someone to rip you off at that point.
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
[quote name="azhdrake" date="2020-11-19 08:19:26" ] [quote name="Purpleater13" date="2020-11-19 08:07:31" ] I actually try to purchase the gem genes off the AH because that means the gems are going to another user and not a gem sink like the marketplace. [/quote] Yeah but... those gems still left the system. That scroll still came from the gem marketplace. If the seller is charging more then market price, you're just paying someone to buy the scroll for you. Not saying you shouldn't buy scrolls of the AH because sometimes people buy the wrong thing on accident and it's nice to be able to make your money back, but you absolutely shouldn't pay more then what the marketplace charges, because the price of the scroll still was removed from the site, and your just paying someone to rip you off at that point. [/quote] Okay yeah you're right why did I ever think about that man.
azhdrake wrote on 2020-11-19 08:19:26:
Purpleater13 wrote on 2020-11-19 08:07:31:

Yeah but... those gems still left the system. That scroll still came from the gem marketplace. If the seller is charging more then market price, you're just paying someone to buy the scroll for you.

Not saying you shouldn't buy scrolls of the AH because sometimes people buy the wrong thing on accident and it's nice to be able to make your money back, but you absolutely shouldn't pay more then what the marketplace charges, because the price of the scroll still was removed from the site, and your just paying someone to rip you off at that point.
Okay yeah you're right why did I ever think about that man.
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
[quote name="Xeyla" date="2020-11-19 06:42:29" ] The people who list the breed change for 5 more gems in the AH are making sure new people do not buy the over priced ones, since new people would not know about the Gem side of the Marketplace yet. Those members are trying to help others by not overcharging for the scrolls. [/quote] Except they could sell them at original price and not lose anything, AH doesn't deduct anything from gem prices. Imo it's just preying on people who don’t know. It's whatever for me though, I was aware of the gem side of the Marketplace on day one since I bothered to read the tutorial snippets spread around the site for new gamers, plus it's very visible button there, so. *shrug* [emoji=tundra sad size=1]
Xeyla wrote on 2020-11-19 06:42:29:

Except they could sell them at original price and not lose anything, AH doesn't deduct anything from gem prices.
Imo it's just preying on people who don’t know.

It's whatever for me though, I was aware of the gem side of the Marketplace on day one since I bothered to read the tutorial snippets spread around the site for new gamers, plus it's very visible button there, so. *shrug*
@PlagueMaw The +5g is so players who are aware of the gem MP won't buy the items since they'd know it's slightly overpriced, and only the players who actually aren't aware would bother with it (while still not losing out on a significant amount). [emoji=pearlcatcher happy size=1] Sometimes I'll look on the AH for gem genes that I'm about to buy, since I know it's a pain to buy the wrong thing and then have to try and sell it at MP price to get your gems back. The +5 gems means that people like me who know about the proper MP price won't just buy up the item – I only purchase the genes listed at MP price. It also discourages people from posting items at an extreme overprice in the first place, since there's already properly priced items there – the really overpriced gem MP items tend to rely on the fact there's few if any of the items posted on the AH, making the items look rare enough to be worth that many gems. [emoji=sun size=1]
@PlagueMaw
The +5g is so players who are aware of the gem MP won't buy the items since they'd know it's slightly overpriced, and only the players who actually aren't aware would bother with it (while still not losing out on a significant amount).
Sometimes I'll look on the AH for gem genes that I'm about to buy, since I know it's a pain to buy the wrong thing and then have to try and sell it at MP price to get your gems back. The +5 gems means that people like me who know about the proper MP price won't just buy up the item – I only purchase the genes listed at MP price.

It also discourages people from posting items at an extreme overprice in the first place, since there's already properly priced items there – the really overpriced gem MP items tend to rely on the fact there's few if any of the items posted on the AH, making the items look rare enough to be worth that many gems.

UN: Wrenn → Ribi

They / Them

Canon Lore Compendium
Gwsq8Fp.png
[quote name="Hyef" date="2020-11-19 06:38:45" ] Pfft yeah I get that when new breeds come out people try and overprice them to what they are really. There’s breed changes in the AH rn and they are priced way over than the original price. Since being a gem breed the hatchlings are a high price but they will eventually go down because it’s new everyone is looking to get one right now. There’s like a 45000g gened veilspun in the AH rn which I think is like....alright you do you.... [/quote] But that dragon is gen1, unbred, an XYX, with highly desirable colors though (obsidian/ice/obsidian, for anyone reading this later). [emoji=bogsneak confused size=2] Not commenting on whether 45,000g is the correct price, or that applying genes and selling was a smart move. However, the dragon is definitely worth a lot. [u]Also, the user has stated that it's a high auto-buy price and they would probably accept less.[/u]
Hyef wrote on 2020-11-19 06:38:45:

But that dragon is gen1, unbred, an XYX, with highly desirable colors though (obsidian/ice/obsidian, for anyone reading this later).

Not commenting on whether 45,000g is the correct price, or that applying genes and selling was a smart move. However, the dragon is definitely worth a lot. Also, the user has stated that it's a high auto-buy price and they would probably accept less.
[quote name="Xeyla" date="2020-11-19 06:42:29" ] The people who list the breed change for 5 more gems in the AH are making sure new people do not buy the over priced ones, since new people would not know about the Gem side of the Marketplace yet. Those members are trying to help others by not overcharging for the scrolls. [/quote] How would this work for new players? The newbie will just buy it thinking that’s the regular price than knowing the others are overpriced. It’s more about trying to pray on new players like the person said above. Ah doesn’t deduct gem prices either but gold so. It’s more like targeting newer players to the game when all the prices are as high but in the MP it’s like lower.
Xeyla wrote on 2020-11-19 06:42:29:

How would this work for new players? The newbie will just buy it thinking that’s the regular price than knowing the others are overpriced. It’s more about trying to pray on new players like the person said above. Ah doesn’t deduct gem prices either but gold so. It’s more like targeting newer players to the game when all the prices are as high but in the MP it’s like lower.
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
1 2