Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Hel, and the Demon King (Clan Story)
[center][i]This short story is the first in the series, and aims to introduce the Kingdom of Hel. Unfortunately, I have not written in quite a long time, and thus this story is somewhat lacking. Hopefully my writing shall improve as I return to building clan lore. The introduction to the world/story may be found [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2845277]here[/url][/b].[/i][/center] Dragons may be found in my lair under the tabs of the factions they belong to. ------------------------ [img]https://i.imgur.com/szoHHnm.png[/img] The shadows of flickering candles cast darkness upon the floor below, the deep black stone absorbing the light of the flames. Claws clicked rapidly across the stone, back and forth they went as a man dressed in fine purple paced the floor. The crown upon his head glinted under the candle light. He stopped, turning sharply to the two dragons who sat before him as he spat at them with fury in his voice. "You mean to tell me that she got away!?" A look of indifference was displayed on the faces of his two generals, Grima and Shadow. The two sat perfectly upright; true soldiers to their king. "Yes. She used some type of magic and ran before we could recover. When we were able to see again, she was gone." "That infernal WITCH!" Hades snarled, stopping infront of a pillar before swiping at it in absolute anger. Chunks of rock flew onto the stone below; the impact causing dust to fall from the unstable ceiling. Grima leaned over to Shadow, whispering lowly to his counterpart. "Any more anger and the whole castle will collapse." Suddenly, the general had a sharp pair of bright purple eyes looking into his own. He could feel the cold, sharp breath of his king on his face. "I can have you executed right now, filth." As soon as he was there, he was gone. The king now back to pacing the room angrily. The two generals stood silently before their king, trying to find the right words to use to calm him down. "If it is any consolation your majesty, she was injured before she got away." "What good does this do me?! She was not fatally wounded, was she? She is a little girl with no memory or knowledge of this land- how hard could it be to find her!?" Grima smirked. "No, your majesty. She was not. However, I am pleased to tell you that the creation is ready." Hades whipped his head towards Grima, his eyes burning with a deep purple flame. His general bowed, a smug grin on his features as he turned to call in his creation. In through the broken and battered archway came a dragon. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60475851] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/604759/60475851_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] His eyes were a deep crimson; his wings the colour of the blood that fueled him. The rest of his body was a ghostly white; his bones glowing through the scales on his body. A soldier of the dead. "Well I'll be damned..." Shadow mumbled under his breath. He really didn't think the idiot could do it. "Your majesty, may I present to you... Banshee. As I was fighting the girl, I managed to grab some of her scales, and a fragment of her orb. And with them, I was able to give them to Banshee... He stands before you now, a perfect soldier under your command. A hunter. A killer. Use him how you see fit, my king." A smile finally appeared on the king's face. An evil, wicked smile. Banshee stood before Hades, blank and expressionless. "He looks like he was born from the goddess herself. Grima, I congratulate you." Hades admired the new creation, walking around the pearlcatcher with a smirk. "Because of the parts I was able to obtain, he now is invulnerable to that stupid light magic that girl uses. He won't fall easily, your majesty." Hades, having made a full circle of the creation, walked back towards his throne, his tail dragging along behind him. Suddenly, a blast of shadow magic erupted from the king's mouth, aimed directly at Banshee. The blood drained from the pearlcatcher's wings, leaving them white as the rest of his body as a shield of magic appeared before him. The shadows faded into nothingness. Blood filled the pearlcatcher's wings once again as the shield faded. Grima chuckled. "Yes, your highness! He uses blood magic! Any little glimpse of blood and he can make it flow like a river!" Hades' smile grew larger. "This... is brilliant. With this... we now may just be able to catch her." ------------- [center][i] If anyone else reads this- I would love some feedback. As I mentioned before, I haven't written much at all lately, and I'm extremely rusty. So any comment can help me improve for the next short story, which will focus on the Kingdom of Nifl. I can definitely tell this wasn't my best work, but... oh well. Thank you for reading! Click [b][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=118199&tab=dragon&did=60376930]here[/url][/b] to be taken to the lore directory (at the time of writing: theres only 1 other page lol) [/i][/center]
This short story is the first in the series, and aims to introduce the Kingdom of Hel.

Unfortunately, I have not written in quite a long time, and thus this story is somewhat lacking. Hopefully my writing shall improve as I return to building clan lore.

The introduction to the world/story may be found here.

Dragons may be found in my lair under the tabs of the factions they belong to.

szoHHnm.png

The shadows of flickering candles cast darkness upon the floor below, the deep black stone absorbing the light of the flames. Claws clicked rapidly across the stone, back and forth they went as a man dressed in fine purple paced the floor. The crown upon his head glinted under the candle light.

He stopped, turning sharply to the two dragons who sat before him as he spat at them with fury in his voice.

"You mean to tell me that she got away!?"

A look of indifference was displayed on the faces of his two generals, Grima and Shadow. The two sat perfectly upright; true soldiers to their king.

"Yes. She used some type of magic and ran before we could recover. When we were able to see again, she was gone."

"That infernal WITCH!" Hades snarled, stopping infront of a pillar before swiping at it in absolute anger. Chunks of rock flew onto the stone below; the impact causing dust to fall from the unstable ceiling.

Grima leaned over to Shadow, whispering lowly to his counterpart.

"Any more anger and the whole castle will collapse."

Suddenly, the general had a sharp pair of bright purple eyes looking into his own. He could feel the cold, sharp breath of his king on his face.

"I can have you executed right now, filth."

As soon as he was there, he was gone. The king now back to pacing the room angrily. The two generals stood silently before their king, trying to find the right words to use to calm him down.

"If it is any consolation your majesty, she was injured before she got away."

"What good does this do me?! She was not fatally wounded, was she? She is a little girl with no memory or knowledge of this land- how hard could it be to find her!?"

Grima smirked.

"No, your majesty. She was not. However, I am pleased to tell you that the creation is ready."

Hades whipped his head towards Grima, his eyes burning with a deep purple flame. His general bowed, a smug grin on his features as he turned to call in his creation.

In through the broken and battered archway came a dragon.

His eyes were a deep crimson; his wings the colour of the blood that fueled him. The rest of his body was a ghostly white; his bones glowing through the scales on his body.

A soldier of the dead.

"Well I'll be damned..." Shadow mumbled under his breath. He really didn't think the idiot could do it.

"Your majesty, may I present to you... Banshee. As I was fighting the girl, I managed to grab some of her scales, and a fragment of her orb. And with them, I was able to give them to Banshee... He stands before you now, a perfect soldier under your command. A hunter. A killer. Use him how you see fit, my king."

A smile finally appeared on the king's face. An evil, wicked smile.

Banshee stood before Hades, blank and expressionless.

"He looks like he was born from the goddess herself. Grima, I congratulate you." Hades admired the new creation, walking around the pearlcatcher with a smirk.

"Because of the parts I was able to obtain, he now is invulnerable to that stupid light magic that girl uses. He won't fall easily, your majesty."

Hades, having made a full circle of the creation, walked back towards his throne, his tail dragging along behind him.

Suddenly, a blast of shadow magic erupted from the king's mouth, aimed directly at Banshee. The blood drained from the pearlcatcher's wings, leaving them white as the rest of his body as a shield of magic appeared before him. The shadows faded into nothingness.

Blood filled the pearlcatcher's wings once again as the shield faded. Grima chuckled.

"Yes, your highness! He uses blood magic! Any little glimpse of blood and he can make it flow like a river!"

Hades' smile grew larger.

"This... is brilliant. With this... we now may just be able to catch her."

If anyone else reads this- I would love some feedback. As I mentioned before, I haven't written much at all lately, and I'm extremely rusty. So any comment can help me improve for the next short story, which will focus on the Kingdom of Nifl. I can definitely tell this wasn't my best work, but... oh well. Thank you for reading!

Click here to be taken to the lore directory (at the time of writing: theres only 1 other page lol)