Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Haiku Poetry Day
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
[b][size=5]Haiku Poetry Day[/size][/b] Today, April 17th, is [b]Haiku Poetry Day[/b]. To celebrate we'd like to invite you to share your [i]Flight Rising[/i] haiku poetry right here in this thread! ----- [b][size=4]What's a haiku?[/size][/b] [b][url=https://www.dictionary.com/browse/haiku]From dictionary.com:[/url][/b] [quote][LIST=1] [*]a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons. [*]a poem written in this form.[/LIST][/quote] [b][size=4]Can anyone post a haiku?[/size][/b] Yes! This is open to [b]all[/b] players who want to participate, regardless of experience or level. [b][size=4]Is this a contest?[/b] This is [b]not[/b] a contest; however, some (not all) haiku posted in this thread will be included as a spotlight in the next Community Update. The only requirements are that your haiku is topical to [i]Flight Rising[/i] and doesn't contain content that break our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url][/b] or [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/201441323]Rules & Policies[/url][/b]. [b][size=4]What about social media?[/size][/b] For our community members on Twitter and Tumblr, if you use the tag [b]#FRHaiku[/b] you could also see your [i]Flight Rising[/i] haiku retweeted or reblogged by our official social media accounts! This tag will operate the same way as [b]#FRFanArt: By using it, you communicate to us that you consent to having your work shared by our social media accounts and/or a future Community Update.[/b] We will not repost your haiku on our accounts, we will only retweet or reblog, and you will be fully credited. You can find our official Twitter and Tumblr accounts here: [center][b][url=https://twitter.com/flightrising]Twitter[/url] [url=https://www.tumblr.com/blog/flightrising]Tumblr[/url][/b][/center] ----- [b][size=5]Let's Get Started![/b][/size] We have our own [i]Flight Rising[/i] haiku to share with you: [i]Unscheduled downtime! A sudden late night scramble! Check if it's plugged in.[/i] [indent]---[/indent] [i]Bonding familiars, one more click to awakened! What?! Mistakes were made.[/i] [indent]---[/indent] [i]Quality of Life— It's the little things that count: filter lair by breed.[/i] [indent]---[/indent] [i]Spirited spirals spin within a starry sky— Space spaghetti![/i] [indent]---[/indent] [i]Mirrors have four eyes, readers of colors and heat. Eyeburners abound![/i] [indent]---[/indent] [i]Acquisitive Crim collects baubles and trinkets. Pinkerton's torment.[/i] [indent]---[/indent] [i]Frazzled Fiona, True friend of familiars and— Uh oh, Prudence, no![/i]
Haiku Poetry Day

Today, April 17th, is Haiku Poetry Day. To celebrate we'd like to invite you to share your Flight Rising haiku poetry right here in this thread!

What's a haiku?

From dictionary.com:
Quote:
  1. a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons.
  2. a poem written in this form.

Can anyone post a haiku?

Yes! This is open to all players who want to participate, regardless of experience or level.

Is this a contest?

This is not a contest; however, some (not all) haiku posted in this thread will be included as a spotlight in the next Community Update. The only requirements are that your haiku is topical to Flight Rising and doesn't contain content that break our Terms of Use or Rules & Policies.

What about social media?

For our community members on Twitter and Tumblr, if you use the tag #FRHaiku you could also see your Flight Rising haiku retweeted or reblogged by our official social media accounts! This tag will operate the same way as #FRFanArt: By using it, you communicate to us that you consent to having your work shared by our social media accounts and/or a future Community Update.

We will not repost your haiku on our accounts, we will only retweet or reblog, and you will be fully credited. You can find our official Twitter and Tumblr accounts here:

Let's Get Started!

We have our own Flight Rising haiku to share with you:

Unscheduled downtime!
A sudden late night scramble!
Check if it's plugged in.

---

Bonding familiars,
one more click to awakened!
What?! Mistakes were made.

---

Quality of Life—
It's the little things that count:
filter lair by breed.

---

Spirited spirals
spin within a starry sky—
Space spaghetti!

---

Mirrors have four eyes,
readers of colors and heat.
Eyeburners abound!

---

Acquisitive Crim
collects baubles and trinkets.
Pinkerton's torment.

---

Frazzled Fiona,
True friend of familiars and—
Uh oh, Prudence, no!

Dragons and stories
Told together over worlds
Seeing stories allways
Dragons and stories
Told together over worlds
Seeing stories allways
tumblr_ps6aiaSpNY1ugssd3o3_500.png meteorbombing_badge_by_jeanawei-dblyp4m.gif]
What is a haiku?
I might not ever know, but
Flight Rising is fun
What is a haiku?
I might not ever know, but
Flight Rising is fun
PJEKw3i.pngOgf6rFV.pngLpWn6Hu.png
I posted one on my twitter, but i'll post a different one here!

Oh! Wings flapping by--
was it a very large bug?
No, just a cute Fae.
I posted one on my twitter, but i'll post a different one here!

Oh! Wings flapping by--
was it a very large bug?
No, just a cute Fae.
to ping me, please type myrLa :o)

I stream Flight Rising on Twitch! Come hang out with the Sharkstars!
Pearl Protector and Monument to war and peace, A quiet sword waits. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59221172] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/592212/59221172_350.png[/img] [/url] my warrior gal here needed a little something Edit: a second one for her mate! Overgrown and green He will wait for his lost throne His prize lost to time [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57666670] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/576667/57666670_350.png[/img] [/url]
Pearl Protector and
Monument to war and peace,
A quiet sword waits.

59221172_350.png

my warrior gal here needed a little something

Edit: a second one for her mate!

Overgrown and green
He will wait for his lost throne
His prize lost to time

57666670_350.png

a4c78f3334cb95c4fc6eac8df982625406bc556fr1-100-100_hq.gif mkyCRvi.png
ipnEeR0.png
B18_L.pngo63-d1-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d2-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d3-The-Plastic-Tree.pngo63-d4-The-Plastic-Tree.pngm38-book.pngo63-d5-The-Plastic-Tree.png
B18_R.png
5PD8YiF.png
I'm on the first page?
This never happens to me.
Well, not normally

--

Brownie looks lovely-
With a hat, he looks better!
..Like all Mirrors, too.

--

Posting in the forums,
Oh, look! An interesting game!
I play, and get ninja'd.

--

It can't be - Tidelord is back?
Oh wait, it's just a plain old
Shadow in the sea

(Can you post multiple haiku?)
I'm on the first page?
This never happens to me.
Well, not normally

--

Brownie looks lovely-
With a hat, he looks better!
..Like all Mirrors, too.

--

Posting in the forums,
Oh, look! An interesting game!
I play, and get ninja'd.

--

It can't be - Tidelord is back?
Oh wait, it's just a plain old
Shadow in the sea

(Can you post multiple haiku?)
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
Grinding in the mire,
Was that an eliminate?
Just another scratch.

I may have messed up the syllables but I think this works?

Edit: I did mess up the syllables! Thanks to Milohilay for pointing it out to me and suggesting some alternative words!!
Grinding in the mire,
Was that an eliminate?
Just another scratch.

I may have messed up the syllables but I think this works?

Edit: I did mess up the syllables! Thanks to Milohilay for pointing it out to me and suggesting some alternative words!!
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
Flying through the sky
Fires burn the ground alive
The bane has returned

(Both one for dragons in general but also for banescale releasing.)
Flying through the sky
Fires burn the ground alive
The bane has returned

(Both one for dragons in general but also for banescale releasing.)
Glittering gold coins,
Light in the shadows, gripping,
Burning flame, ashes.
Glittering gold coins,
Light in the shadows, gripping,
Burning flame, ashes.
tumblr_nlk2qk9u0l1sz016vo7_500.png
New dragon needs trained
Choose temporary bad name
That remains its name
New dragon needs trained
Choose temporary bad name
That remains its name
the Immortal standard rank badge from the Bounty Hunter's Guild a dom badge showing a book with a face and legs    quoiromantic heart pixel

bisexual heart pixel     
the Starseeker symbol - jagged pink fragments in a rough orb shape on a deep blue background     a mottled pink, blue and purple outline of an upside-down tree and roots on a fuzzy black background
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30