Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Finish this phrase - 99 bottles of beer
1 2
According to my grandmother, who is from Buffalo, NY, it goes

- 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, if one of those bottles should happen to fall, 98 bottles of beer on the wall (this may be a tad off, as I've never heard it this way before today)

I'm from Pennsylvania and we've always said

- 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall

Now I'm curious! Where are you from (roughly - just state or region) and how do you sing it?
According to my grandmother, who is from Buffalo, NY, it goes

- 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, if one of those bottles should happen to fall, 98 bottles of beer on the wall (this may be a tad off, as I've never heard it this way before today)

I'm from Pennsylvania and we've always said

- 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall

Now I'm curious! Where are you from (roughly - just state or region) and how do you sing it?
tFtivUoURYLbG.gif
Always been '99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer. Take one down, pass it around. 98 bottles of beer on the wall' for me.

I think I lost the 'and' in all my years of hearing it.
Always been '99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer. Take one down, pass it around. 98 bottles of beer on the wall' for me.

I think I lost the 'and' in all my years of hearing it.
I have never heard that song before, what?
I have never heard that song before, what?
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
@Hellboy We don't really have the "99 bottles of beer" song where I live (south-west UK), but this is the bottle song we have:

10 green bottles,
Hanging on the wall,
10 green bottles,
Hanging on the wall,
And if 1 green bottle,
Should accidentally fall,
There'll be 9 green bottles,
Hanging on the wall

It sounds like your grandmother's version is somewhere between yours and mine.
@Hellboy We don't really have the "99 bottles of beer" song where I live (south-west UK), but this is the bottle song we have:

10 green bottles,
Hanging on the wall,
10 green bottles,
Hanging on the wall,
And if 1 green bottle,
Should accidentally fall,
There'll be 9 green bottles,
Hanging on the wall

It sounds like your grandmother's version is somewhere between yours and mine.
@angelsand

It is mostly a time-passer song lol it's like the song that never ends

If you try singing the whole thing, it takes a while
@angelsand

It is mostly a time-passer song lol it's like the song that never ends

If you try singing the whole thing, it takes a while
tFtivUoURYLbG.gif
I’m from Minnesota and I never sang it but I think it’s “take one down and pass it around” here too
I’m from Minnesota and I never sang it but I think it’s “take one down and pass it around” here too
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
i'm from pennsylvania as well, i've only ever heard it as "99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall"
i'm from pennsylvania as well, i've only ever heard it as "99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall"
pink jeep beer is cheap here I come *Beep Beep* (Sorry I always wanted to type that somewhere)
pink jeep beer is cheap here I come *Beep Beep* (Sorry I always wanted to type that somewhere)
[quote name="Hellboy" date="2019-12-25 11:03:49" ] - 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall [/quote] i've only ever heard this one? although i don't hear it that often, and i am just a simpleton from california
Hellboy wrote on 2019-12-25 11:03:49:

i've only ever heard this one? although i don't hear it that often, and i am just a simpleton from california
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
they/them it/its
Grew up in California, and it's always been, "Take one down, pass it around," for me as well.
Grew up in California, and it's always been, "Take one down, pass it around," for me as well.
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
1 2