Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: How to protect your FR account
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/jake-and-bean-remind-you-to-keep-your-password-unique-and-change-it-from-time-to-time.png[/img][/center] We've added a new article to our Knowledge Base, [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030059551]How can I protect my account?[/url][/b] ----- Protecting your [I]Flight Rising[/I] is easy! [b][size=5]Log out of your account completely[/size][/b] If you're not actively playing [I]Flight Rising[/I] you should log out of your account, especially if you share a device, use a public computer, or someone else is able to access your device. [b][size=5]Change your password[/size][/b] How long has it been since you last changed your passwords? It's best to change all your passwords from time to time, not just the one for your [I]Flight Rising[/I] account. [b][size=5]Use a unique password[/size][/b] Don't use the same password for multiple logins! One password per account is best practice. This means your [I]Flight Rising[/I] password should only be used for your [I]Flight Rising[/I] account. [b][size=5]Use a strong password[/size][/b] Passwords like 12345, use your email address, the name of the website, etc are [b]weak passwords[/b]. [b]Strong passwords[/b] use a combination of numbers, letters, and punctuation. Types of punctuation you can use are: [LIST] [*]. [*]! [*]? [*]- [*]_ [/LIST] [b][size=5]Use a password manager[/size][/b] Two password management habits place your account at risk: [LIST=1] [*]Storing your passwords in plain text on your device. [*]Allowing your browser to save your logins, especially if you share a device. [/LIST] Best practice is to use a password manager to handle all of your logins. While we can't recommend a specific password manager, there are several available, paid and free to use, for every operating system and device. [b][size=5]Never share your log-in information[/size][/b] Not even with your partner, family, or friends. It's against our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url][/b] and it puts your account at risk. You may break up, have a falling out, any number of interpersonal events. When someone else has your log-in details they can wreak havoc on your account and [I]Flight Rising[/I] Support won't be able to provide assistance with any items, currency, or dragons removed from your account.
jake-and-bean-remind-you-to-keep-your-password-unique-and-change-it-from-time-to-time.png

We've added a new article to our Knowledge Base, How can I protect my account?

Protecting your Flight Rising is easy!

Log out of your account completely
If you're not actively playing Flight Rising you should log out of your account, especially if you share a device, use a public computer, or someone else is able to access your device.

Change your password
How long has it been since you last changed your passwords? It's best to change all your passwords from time to time, not just the one for your Flight Rising account.

Use a unique password
Don't use the same password for multiple logins! One password per account is best practice. This means your Flight Rising password should only be used for your Flight Rising account.

Use a strong password
Passwords like 12345, use your email address, the name of the website, etc are weak passwords.

Strong passwords use a combination of numbers, letters, and punctuation. Types of punctuation you can use are:
  • !
  • ?
  • -
  • _

Use a password manager
Two password management habits place your account at risk:
  1. Storing your passwords in plain text on your device.
  2. Allowing your browser to save your logins, especially if you share a device.
Best practice is to use a password manager to handle all of your logins. While we can't recommend a specific password manager, there are several available, paid and free to use, for every operating system and device.

Never share your log-in information
Not even with your partner, family, or friends.

It's against our Terms of Use and it puts your account at risk. You may break up, have a falling out, any number of interpersonal events. When someone else has your log-in details they can wreak havoc on your account and Flight Rising Support won't be able to provide assistance with any items, currency, or dragons removed from your account.