Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Assay genealogy?
1 2
I would love to see something like the Assay bloodline, maybe called Assay genealogy that would easily tell you what generation your dragon is.
I think it would be really cool to really see what generation your dragon is without going through and counting yourself, or maybe having it on the dragons themselves like the gen ones do?
Idk, has anyone else thought about this?
I would love to see something like the Assay bloodline, maybe called Assay genealogy that would easily tell you what generation your dragon is.
I think it would be really cool to really see what generation your dragon is without going through and counting yourself, or maybe having it on the dragons themselves like the gen ones do?
Idk, has anyone else thought about this?
This would probably cause an insane amount of lag, since it would have to go through the lineage dragon by dragon until it hit the furthest pair of G1s... which could be hundreds or even thousands of dragons.

Cool? Maybe. Practical or useful? Not really.
This would probably cause an insane amount of lag, since it would have to go through the lineage dragon by dragon until it hit the furthest pair of G1s... which could be hundreds or even thousands of dragons.

Cool? Maybe. Practical or useful? Not really.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Honestly, this sounds like it would have very little application. If we're talking about only producing the exact generation of that dragon - other than G1s (which are easily checked) and G2 imperials (which are, again, easily checked), the only generations that users look at are generations usually counted from a non-G1 starter - massive lineage projects, mostly, although I suppose Naomi might count. But without the information of the actual dragons in the lineage, the generation number doesn't really matter - if you can't prove that the dragon(s) you're looking for are in the lineage using that tool, then it would be useless for those projects, too, and logistically, pulling the whole lineage into visible view would be incredibly draining on the servers.

G1 dragons are not marked with any special information - the only thing that marks them as G1 is the parent box reading "None."

I personally can't think of any other applications, so it seems like a lot of work for very little benefit.
Honestly, this sounds like it would have very little application. If we're talking about only producing the exact generation of that dragon - other than G1s (which are easily checked) and G2 imperials (which are, again, easily checked), the only generations that users look at are generations usually counted from a non-G1 starter - massive lineage projects, mostly, although I suppose Naomi might count. But without the information of the actual dragons in the lineage, the generation number doesn't really matter - if you can't prove that the dragon(s) you're looking for are in the lineage using that tool, then it would be useless for those projects, too, and logistically, pulling the whole lineage into visible view would be incredibly draining on the servers.

G1 dragons are not marked with any special information - the only thing that marks them as G1 is the parent box reading "None."

I personally can't think of any other applications, so it seems like a lot of work for very little benefit.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
Ok, i was just wondering if anyone else would have been interested in something like this. It was only a curiosity as another site does something like that but I could see why this site wouldn't really need it. ^w^
I just thought it would be intresting to see is all. Thanks for the input!
Ok, i was just wondering if anyone else would have been interested in something like this. It was only a curiosity as another site does something like that but I could see why this site wouldn't really need it. ^w^
I just thought it would be intresting to see is all. Thanks for the input!
i don't... really see the point? sure it's cool, but i don't see myself, personally, getting much use out of it. even if it were to be implemented, the staff already have a lot on their plate and less important features like this would sit on the back burner for a long time - up to years, maybe.
i don't... really see the point? sure it's cool, but i don't see myself, personally, getting much use out of it. even if it were to be implemented, the staff already have a lot on their plate and less important features like this would sit on the back burner for a long time - up to years, maybe.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
I support this 100%. Why? Because I recently bought a dragon who I intended to mate with another derg, who turned out to be related. Instead of giving up on a dragon I paid 225kt for, I decided to trace the lineage and see how many generations they shared between the related ancestor and lucky for me, it was 4, so all I have to do is breed once with a stud and I'll have a mate for my dragon that is 5 generations apart. I would have LOVED to have a tool that could trace generations so as to help people like me who didn't think to use Assay Bloodline because they thought there was no way the two dragons could be related. Going by each parent and the parents of those parents and so forth for up to 5 generations takes a lot of time and clicks.
I support this 100%. Why? Because I recently bought a dragon who I intended to mate with another derg, who turned out to be related. Instead of giving up on a dragon I paid 225kt for, I decided to trace the lineage and see how many generations they shared between the related ancestor and lucky for me, it was 4, so all I have to do is breed once with a stud and I'll have a mate for my dragon that is 5 generations apart. I would have LOVED to have a tool that could trace generations so as to help people like me who didn't think to use Assay Bloodline because they thought there was no way the two dragons could be related. Going by each parent and the parents of those parents and so forth for up to 5 generations takes a lot of time and clicks.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
We don't like the idea of this because we like that generation barely matters on FR :D On some other pet sites if your pet isn't a gen 1 or 2 it's unwanted and worthless. It's nice that a dragon on FR can be gen 2 or gen 52 and that doesn't matter at all.
Adding a tool just to show you the generation of your dragon adds more importance something that shouldn't matter.
We don't like the idea of this because we like that generation barely matters on FR :D On some other pet sites if your pet isn't a gen 1 or 2 it's unwanted and worthless. It's nice that a dragon on FR can be gen 2 or gen 52 and that doesn't matter at all.
Adding a tool just to show you the generation of your dragon adds more importance something that shouldn't matter.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
This would get messy quickly. Since dragons can breed with nearly every other dragon (outside of 'close' relatives), and dragons can have literally hundreds of partners, the geneology would be massive. I started a 'family tree' for one of my fodder breeders, and even just going forward, one of their children had like three different partners.

Not to mention, how do you count generation? If one parent is a G1, but the other is a G100, how would it be counted? G2 or G101?

Unfortunately, if you don't use (not talking to the OP) the assay bloodlines tool, then you are really the only one to blame for buying a dragon that is related (I have done that as well, though not to breed. Found two dragons who were pretty when I first started, different breeds, bought at different times, then found out they were sisters) I just don't really see adding a tool that would probably lag the site pretty badly (having to not only trace, but then display the tree) and would be fairly niche in use.

(does the assay bloodlines give the ancestor in common, I have a vague memory of it doing so, but I hardly use it)

This would get messy quickly. Since dragons can breed with nearly every other dragon (outside of 'close' relatives), and dragons can have literally hundreds of partners, the geneology would be massive. I started a 'family tree' for one of my fodder breeders, and even just going forward, one of their children had like three different partners.

Not to mention, how do you count generation? If one parent is a G1, but the other is a G100, how would it be counted? G2 or G101?

Unfortunately, if you don't use (not talking to the OP) the assay bloodlines tool, then you are really the only one to blame for buying a dragon that is related (I have done that as well, though not to breed. Found two dragons who were pretty when I first started, different breeds, bought at different times, then found out they were sisters) I just don't really see adding a tool that would probably lag the site pretty badly (having to not only trace, but then display the tree) and would be fairly niche in use.

(does the assay bloodlines give the ancestor in common, I have a vague memory of it doing so, but I hardly use it)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote]although I suppose Naomi might count.[/quote] Naomi counts as long as the dragon can't breed with Naomi. 16th gen Naomi descendants are a big fat lie Anyway, no support. Generation is unimportant for 90% of dragons onsite [quote]Not to mention, how do you count generation? If one parent is a G1, but the other is a G100, how would it be counted? G2 or G101?[/quote] G101, my homie @jemadar
Quote:
although I suppose Naomi might count.

Naomi counts as long as the dragon can't breed with Naomi. 16th gen Naomi descendants are a big fat lie

Anyway, no support. Generation is unimportant for 90% of dragons onsite

Quote:

G101, my homie @jemadar
@Sopheroo

Thanks, I am never sure, though tend to think it should be the higher lineage. However, I don't really care about lineages :D
@Sopheroo

Thanks, I am never sure, though tend to think it should be the higher lineage. However, I don't really care about lineages :D

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2