Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Bear Update: Poll
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90 91
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2323022/][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/bearlycontained.png[/img][/url][/center] [br] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2323022][b]Click here to read more about this community poll. [/b][/url][/center][more] [br][br][b][size=5]The future of BEARS![/size][/b] The elemental bears were our second season of holiday familiars. These fearsome familiars did not retire, instead cycling back in as a randomized chance in [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] chests. As part of the holiday, a color variant item of each bear was also released. We are now in our 5th elemental holiday season (2017-2018). [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] has grown to have a hoard of items centered around enchantment and mimicry. Each year it continues to grow with new magical items and now has enough content that it could stand on its own with ease. We’ve also introduced a feature called [i]Joxar's Spare Inventory[/i]. The inventory is tied to [b]elemental festivals[/b], allowing players the chance to collect non-retired past-elemental-festival familiars from chests. [b][size=5]The Poll[/size][/b] As a team, we feel that [i]Joxar's Spare Inventory[/i] is now the best place for the bears. This is a modest but significant change to [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i]. Since the bears have been a part of [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] for some time now, we want to get the community’s input on where the bears will live going forward. Do we keep things as they are? Or do we move the 11 festival bears and their recolored variants into the bonus chance pool of the chests? The bears would be entered into the chests at the start of our 6th holiday season, which occurs in June 2018 with [i]Brightshine Jubilee[/i]. [br][br][b][size=5]The two choices are:[/size][/b] [LIST] [*][b]No change will be made to Night of the Nocturne.[/b] The 11 bears and 11 recolors will appear in the Strange Chest pool alongside all the exclusive enchanted items for the holiday. [*][b]The bears should be moved to [i]Joxar's Spare Inventory[/i][/b] [b]starting in June 2018. [/b][b]They will not appear in this year's[i] Night of the Nocturne[/i] (2017), or any subsequent [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i].[/b] [b]Update: 21:01: [/b]The 11 original bears from the elemental festivals and their recolors will be added as a bonus chance to the chests, much like skins. So you'll always receive a past holiday item or a recolor, and have a bonus chance of a skin or a bear. [i](Note: In June 2018 we will be adding a large variety of color variant items for the 6th season. We will add these items regardless of whether bears are added to the inventory or not. The bears are not a replacement for new color variant items, and will not reduce the quantity of recolored items that we choose to make available.) [/i] [/LIST] [br] [center][size=6][b][url=https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FDB98T3]Vote for your favorite option in this poll link![/url][/b][/size][/center] [br][br] [center][size=2][b]Votes cannot be cast in this forum thread. Please visit the survey link to cast your vote! The poll will remain open until December 4th.[/b][/size][/center]
bearlycontained.png

The future of BEARS!
The elemental bears were our second season of holiday familiars. These fearsome familiars did not retire, instead cycling back in as a randomized chance in Night of the Nocturne chests. As part of the holiday, a color variant item of each bear was also released.

We are now in our 5th elemental holiday season (2017-2018). Night of the Nocturne has grown to have a hoard of items centered around enchantment and mimicry. Each year it continues to grow with new magical items and now has enough content that it could stand on its own with ease.

We’ve also introduced a feature called Joxar's Spare Inventory. The inventory is tied to elemental festivals, allowing players the chance to collect non-retired past-elemental-festival familiars from chests.

The Poll
As a team, we feel that Joxar's Spare Inventory is now the best place for the bears. This is a modest but significant change to Night of the Nocturne. Since the bears have been a part of Night of the Nocturne for some time now, we want to get the community’s input on where the bears will live going forward.

Do we keep things as they are? Or do we move the 11 festival bears and their recolored variants into the bonus chance pool of the chests? The bears would be entered into the chests at the start of our 6th holiday season, which occurs in June 2018 with Brightshine Jubilee.

The two choices are:
  • No change will be made to Night of the Nocturne. The 11 bears and 11 recolors will appear in the Strange Chest pool alongside all the exclusive enchanted items for the holiday.
  • The bears should be moved to Joxar's Spare Inventory starting in June 2018. They will not appear in this year's Night of the Nocturne (2017), or any subsequent Night of the Nocturne. Update: 21:01: The 11 original bears from the elemental festivals and their recolors will be added as a bonus chance to the chests, much like skins. So you'll always receive a past holiday item or a recolor, and have a bonus chance of a skin or a bear.

(Note: In June 2018 we will be adding a large variety of color variant items for the 6th season. We will add these items regardless of whether bears are added to the inventory or not. The bears are not a replacement for new color variant items, and will not reduce the quantity of recolored items that we choose to make available.)

Votes cannot be cast in this forum thread. Please visit the survey link to cast your vote! The poll will remain open until December 4th.

Wooo!
EDIT: I GOT FIRST ON A POST?!
Wooo!
EDIT: I GOT FIRST ON A POST?!
I CANT WAIT UNTIL NOTN AGAIN. I WAS HERE FOR THE VERY FIRST ONE BUT THEN I WENT ON HIATUS FOR THE SECOND BUT HERE IT IS AGAIN WOOO!

Also that banner though... XD
I CANT WAIT UNTIL NOTN AGAIN. I WAS HERE FOR THE VERY FIRST ONE BUT THEN I WENT ON HIATUS FOR THE SECOND BUT HERE IT IS AGAIN WOOO!

Also that banner though... XD
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
ooh?
ooh?
NSAWm8I.png
:ooo

As long as the original bears are a rare chance from joxar's chest, then i'm completely fine with the change!
:ooo

As long as the original bears are a rare chance from joxar's chest, then i'm completely fine with the change!
PDatEEs.png
That's the perfect solution to the Annual Bear Melodrama. Move 'em to Spare Inventory and then only the people who actually want them can get them. ;)
That's the perfect solution to the Annual Bear Melodrama. Move 'em to Spare Inventory and then only the people who actually want them can get them. ;)
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
Cool!

Edit: YAY FIRST PAGE!!! Also, I can’t believe I’m gonna miss NotN :( Stupid Christmas holiday.
Cool!

Edit: YAY FIRST PAGE!!! Also, I can’t believe I’m gonna miss NotN :( Stupid Christmas holiday.
0gldo0m.png
Oh my god thank goodness you guys are doing this. I love love love this option.
Oh my god thank goodness you guys are doing this. I love love love this option.
raLT924.pngjavhRRE.png
I love this poll
I love this poll
8G9Vnvx.gif
Ok
Ok
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90 91