Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Noise Headcanon?
When a dragon talks, what sort of animal does their voice sound like to you? Imagine each breed saying something like, "I'm kinda hungry." What do they sound like? I'm interested! :0

Coatl - Bumblebee
Fae Dragon - Raven
Guardian - Wolf growling
Imperial - Songbird
Mirror Dragon - Dog or coyote
Nocturne - Bat chirping
Pearlcatcher - Cat
Ridgeback - Crocodile hissing
Skydancer - Parrot
Snapper - Same as Ridgeback
Spiral - Snake
Tundra - Polar bear
Wildclaw - JP Velociraptor Sound
When a dragon talks, what sort of animal does their voice sound like to you? Imagine each breed saying something like, "I'm kinda hungry." What do they sound like? I'm interested! :0

Coatl - Bumblebee
Fae Dragon - Raven
Guardian - Wolf growling
Imperial - Songbird
Mirror Dragon - Dog or coyote
Nocturne - Bat chirping
Pearlcatcher - Cat
Ridgeback - Crocodile hissing
Skydancer - Parrot
Snapper - Same as Ridgeback
Spiral - Snake
Tundra - Polar bear
Wildclaw - JP Velociraptor Sound
I love Flight Rising, so there.
Fae = Cr1TiKaL
Fae = Cr1TiKaL
None. They just say it with whatever their voice sounds like... In their dragon language.
None. They just say it with whatever their voice sounds like... In their dragon language.
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
I think Guardians would sound more like bears.
I think Guardians would sound more like bears.
They/them pronouns, please ping me or PM if you want to get ahold of us!
Emerald Ratsnake Copper Pocketwatch

Hoarding pocketwatches and snakes! Tarot reading shop! Art shop!
Silver Pocketwatch Amelanistic Racer
[quote name="Cherri" date=2016-02-23 15:18:49] Fae = Cr1TiKaL [/quote]
Cherri wrote on 2016-02-23:
Fae = Cr1TiKaL
I've always liked the idea of Imps sounding like elk.
[quote name="haveabetterday" date=2016-02-23 15:44:00] I've always liked the idea of Imps sounding like elk. [/quote] I like this a lot. New headcanon! Also, in my head, Snappers make low rumbling noises just on the edge of most dragons' hearing--kind of like elephants. Great for long-distance communication, which is useful when you can't really fly over to say hi to your neighbor. :/
haveabetterday wrote on 2016-02-23:

I like this a lot. New headcanon!

Also, in my head, Snappers make low rumbling noises just on the edge of most dragons' hearing--kind of like elephants. Great for long-distance communication, which is useful when you can't really fly over to say hi to your neighbor. :/
I've always imagined Mirrors and Wildclaws sounding like JP velociraptors on occasion, mostly while hunting. (Mirrors do the vocalizations more often than WC's, WC's tend to do them only when really startled or angry. Mirrors tend to scream and screech even when they're happy.)

Fae may speak in a monotone but they squeak and whistle almost as much as they talk.

Guardians have low, rumbly, comforting voices.

Coatls always sound like they're about to break into humming at any moment.

Spirals sound like one of those talking animal things- the ones that repeat whatever you say at a higher pitch.
I've always imagined Mirrors and Wildclaws sounding like JP velociraptors on occasion, mostly while hunting. (Mirrors do the vocalizations more often than WC's, WC's tend to do them only when really startled or angry. Mirrors tend to scream and screech even when they're happy.)

Fae may speak in a monotone but they squeak and whistle almost as much as they talk.

Guardians have low, rumbly, comforting voices.

Coatls always sound like they're about to break into humming at any moment.

Spirals sound like one of those talking animal things- the ones that repeat whatever you say at a higher pitch.
Looking for 27s! Help me out? // She/hers pronouns please. :)
WEAK for matchy accent colors on G1s and old dragons.