Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Food Shop
1 2 3
@Lackluster

I have no issue with people wanting to use their digging turns and scavenging turns as well as food turns. I have my digging and scavenging maxed out myself!

However, I take issue with people using them instead of food turns and then complaining that they don't have enough food, which happens very frequently on this forum. The reason many people don't have enough is because they are too busy collecting bone fragments and dirt in the hope of getting chests and eggs to look for food.

It's the dragon equivalent of going hungry for a week in favour of getting a new videogame. It's best to sort out the essentials first (stocking your food points up) and then go for the higher ticket items. If you choose to go for it the other way around, that's completely your choice, but I don't think it should be allowed to impact other users by admin-run shops being put up to facilitate this choice.

I'm fully aware that what people do with their turns is not my business, but when somebody suggests something to alter the way food distribution happens it becomes my business (and everybody else's) and we are allowed to express our feelings on the subject as well as outline the reasoning behind our lack of support.

As I said in my post, there are other ways of getting food, such as the AH and the Coliseum. The reason I don't support this suggestion is because there is already a way for users to obtain free food every day. If people use their free turns on trying to get rare items instead of getting food that they need, then it is totally up to them.

The OP said that they didn't think about that, and said that it was an oversight, which is totally cool and awesome and open minded of them to admit this, support another suggestion, and be really nice about it. A lot of people don't realise what a big business food sales is.

For the record, I don't sell food myself, so it's not my profits the suggestion would be cutting into!

Also, it's worth noting that the OP commented between the last post and my post (I left the form open for a while) so I didn't see it. Had I seen it, I probably wouldn't have gone through with my post. It must have been posted while I was writing my comment, so I left it up.

No offence was intended.
@Lackluster

I have no issue with people wanting to use their digging turns and scavenging turns as well as food turns. I have my digging and scavenging maxed out myself!

However, I take issue with people using them instead of food turns and then complaining that they don't have enough food, which happens very frequently on this forum. The reason many people don't have enough is because they are too busy collecting bone fragments and dirt in the hope of getting chests and eggs to look for food.

It's the dragon equivalent of going hungry for a week in favour of getting a new videogame. It's best to sort out the essentials first (stocking your food points up) and then go for the higher ticket items. If you choose to go for it the other way around, that's completely your choice, but I don't think it should be allowed to impact other users by admin-run shops being put up to facilitate this choice.

I'm fully aware that what people do with their turns is not my business, but when somebody suggests something to alter the way food distribution happens it becomes my business (and everybody else's) and we are allowed to express our feelings on the subject as well as outline the reasoning behind our lack of support.

As I said in my post, there are other ways of getting food, such as the AH and the Coliseum. The reason I don't support this suggestion is because there is already a way for users to obtain free food every day. If people use their free turns on trying to get rare items instead of getting food that they need, then it is totally up to them.

The OP said that they didn't think about that, and said that it was an oversight, which is totally cool and awesome and open minded of them to admit this, support another suggestion, and be really nice about it. A lot of people don't realise what a big business food sales is.

For the record, I don't sell food myself, so it's not my profits the suggestion would be cutting into!

Also, it's worth noting that the OP commented between the last post and my post (I left the form open for a while) so I didn't see it. Had I seen it, I probably wouldn't have gone through with my post. It must have been posted while I was writing my comment, so I left it up.

No offence was intended.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Greyjoy

I think my only issue out of all of this is just I am not a coli person, I don't find it very fun/entertaining, the prizes are not enough for me to support my dragons well enough (most of mine eat fish, and I realize a lot is dropped in kelp beds but I am not a high enough level to be there yet, and I've not gotten enough sea food items from lower level ones.) and leveling takes forever!!!! So long that I get demotivated from actually trying to level up. I realize FR gives a lot of opportunities for free food, its just they take a lot of time that I unfortunately don't have the luxury all the time to give up ): esp when every day the fed percentage goes down.

However I realize now its a big part of user based economy, which I was completely unaware of, probably because of how hard it is for me to have excess food. I use most, if not all of my turns on food gathering, which never seems to be enough for me, esp if I'm trying to make up for several days away (im in uni rn which means some days I just dont have time to get on fr). I do like trying to find other items for swip swap or simply because i like collecting things or chances for eggs. I've only ever found one egg, so it's not like I use my turns for treasure seeking very often.

I suppose if I had any other suggestions besides the recipe one from dragonsage, it would be to make finding stacked food items easier in the AH, since a lot of people sell only one item when I'd like to search for a stack of 99 of something?
@Greyjoy

I think my only issue out of all of this is just I am not a coli person, I don't find it very fun/entertaining, the prizes are not enough for me to support my dragons well enough (most of mine eat fish, and I realize a lot is dropped in kelp beds but I am not a high enough level to be there yet, and I've not gotten enough sea food items from lower level ones.) and leveling takes forever!!!! So long that I get demotivated from actually trying to level up. I realize FR gives a lot of opportunities for free food, its just they take a lot of time that I unfortunately don't have the luxury all the time to give up ): esp when every day the fed percentage goes down.

However I realize now its a big part of user based economy, which I was completely unaware of, probably because of how hard it is for me to have excess food. I use most, if not all of my turns on food gathering, which never seems to be enough for me, esp if I'm trying to make up for several days away (im in uni rn which means some days I just dont have time to get on fr). I do like trying to find other items for swip swap or simply because i like collecting things or chances for eggs. I've only ever found one egg, so it's not like I use my turns for treasure seeking very often.

I suppose if I had any other suggestions besides the recipe one from dragonsage, it would be to make finding stacked food items easier in the AH, since a lot of people sell only one item when I'd like to search for a stack of 99 of something?
★ Kaiju's Art ★
@Kaijucrush

I think being able to search for stacks specifically would make life WAY easier when it comes to searching for food in the AH. It's so tedious having to go through all the pages to find the best deal! I never buy food because I spend my Festival days grinding for currency, so I always end up with a surplus of it, despite not really spending much time outside of the festivals there because it's desperately boring.

I think FR could stand to have some improvements. The Coliseum's intolerably boring, the Gathering system is annoying (I'm level 25 and I can still get one 1-star item per turn which is ... infuriating) and there's no other way to do it. Perhaps we'll get food from the million-years-from-now Adventuring method, or something.
@Kaijucrush

I think being able to search for stacks specifically would make life WAY easier when it comes to searching for food in the AH. It's so tedious having to go through all the pages to find the best deal! I never buy food because I spend my Festival days grinding for currency, so I always end up with a surplus of it, despite not really spending much time outside of the festivals there because it's desperately boring.

I think FR could stand to have some improvements. The Coliseum's intolerably boring, the Gathering system is annoying (I'm level 25 and I can still get one 1-star item per turn which is ... infuriating) and there's no other way to do it. Perhaps we'll get food from the million-years-from-now Adventuring method, or something.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Greyjoy

yeah, honestly I think there just needs to be a more entertaining way to obtain items, or at the very least make it easier to search for items sold by other people :\ browsing for food can be a drag when you're trying to buy a lot.

If coli actually dropped decent rewards instead of 2 food point items every now and then I'd be more interested in grinding, but the absolutely slow leveling makes it too much of a hassle for me to do that, esp when it also has the chance of dropping completely useless items that can't be used for food or well.....anything.

But yeah, anyway, thanks for the feedback!
@Greyjoy

yeah, honestly I think there just needs to be a more entertaining way to obtain items, or at the very least make it easier to search for items sold by other people :\ browsing for food can be a drag when you're trying to buy a lot.

If coli actually dropped decent rewards instead of 2 food point items every now and then I'd be more interested in grinding, but the absolutely slow leveling makes it too much of a hassle for me to do that, esp when it also has the chance of dropping completely useless items that can't be used for food or well.....anything.

But yeah, anyway, thanks for the feedback!
★ Kaiju's Art ★
@Greyjoy OP was not saying that they wanted to use them instead of food turns though, they were saying that they want to be able to go for food and have a stab at scavenging and not end up with a handful of hungry dragons (esp since how much food you get is totally random a full 15 turns isnt always enough for 50+ dragons).I'm personally indifferent as to whether I buy food from an admin shop or from users, I don't really mind either way, but the assumption that they were looking to use all their turns just to hoard items was a bit much.

On the topic of a possible shop, yeah it would totally kill the market for food, which I understand and I'm not really for it UNLESS the site was rearranged so that another market opened up, but that's a bit unrealistic.

Either way, it's noted that you didn't see the thread progress before you posted, and that's fine, I just thought the post was a bit jarring and accusatory to read after the others.
@Greyjoy OP was not saying that they wanted to use them instead of food turns though, they were saying that they want to be able to go for food and have a stab at scavenging and not end up with a handful of hungry dragons (esp since how much food you get is totally random a full 15 turns isnt always enough for 50+ dragons).I'm personally indifferent as to whether I buy food from an admin shop or from users, I don't really mind either way, but the assumption that they were looking to use all their turns just to hoard items was a bit much.

On the topic of a possible shop, yeah it would totally kill the market for food, which I understand and I'm not really for it UNLESS the site was rearranged so that another market opened up, but that's a bit unrealistic.

Either way, it's noted that you didn't see the thread progress before you posted, and that's fine, I just thought the post was a bit jarring and accusatory to read after the others.
RFX4miZ.png
@Kaijucrush
I've seen a kinda similar suggestion to this a long time ago. The main idea was something like a soup kitchen. It'd be similar to Pinkerton, only usable once a day and would give you a small amount of food points. Not food items, but plain bare points.

Personally I get most of my food by grinding and also have enough surplus to sell a bit of it now and then, but it is common knowledge that Coli is hell for a bunch of people both to technical and physical issues.
@Kaijucrush
I've seen a kinda similar suggestion to this a long time ago. The main idea was something like a soup kitchen. It'd be similar to Pinkerton, only usable once a day and would give you a small amount of food points. Not food items, but plain bare points.

Personally I get most of my food by grinding and also have enough surplus to sell a bit of it now and then, but it is common knowledge that Coli is hell for a bunch of people both to technical and physical issues.
yAEXdRe.png
Pinging @lackluster too because my post might be an alternative and edited pings seemingly don't work.
Pinging @lackluster too because my post might be an alternative and edited pings seemingly don't work.
yAEXdRe.png
@EchoesAbove
oh!!! A soup kitchen!! that's a great idea actually, I didn't even think of that! I think that would be especially useful for users who have low treasure/gems where buying food from the AH isnt exactly an option
@EchoesAbove
oh!!! A soup kitchen!! that's a great idea actually, I didn't even think of that! I think that would be especially useful for users who have low treasure/gems where buying food from the AH isnt exactly an option
★ Kaiju's Art ★
@EchoesAbove A soup kitchen is actually a really nice idea, and wouldn't negatively impact the market but it would help out people who, like you said, have trouble with coli. The other thing is even if you're looking to coli grind for food and you're a new player just starting out with a team and such you don't really get better pay-offs until the higher levels, and depending on how quickly you can personally get through it, that can take a while. It's worthy to note also I've never been on a site where the pets eat this much and was a little taken aback by it when I joined a year ago, so having one extra option at food might not be the worst idea.
@EchoesAbove A soup kitchen is actually a really nice idea, and wouldn't negatively impact the market but it would help out people who, like you said, have trouble with coli. The other thing is even if you're looking to coli grind for food and you're a new player just starting out with a team and such you don't really get better pay-offs until the higher levels, and depending on how quickly you can personally get through it, that can take a while. It's worthy to note also I've never been on a site where the pets eat this much and was a little taken aback by it when I joined a year ago, so having one extra option at food might not be the worst idea.
RFX4miZ.png
@Kaijucrush
That might very well have been the original intention. It's an opportunity for broke people and those not being unable to Coli. The original suggestion might be well over a year old and back then Coli was unusable for ~80% of FR population. (This is an estimate from what I heard and experienced myself back then.)

@Lackluster
Well, as a new player, I was basically swimming in food. For the first few weeks I'd just convert EVERYTHING I got and was averaging around 2k points after a while. I only started Coli-ing when I hit... 30 dragons? and food started to be an issue. Back then dragon energy would tick down WAY faster and you had to log in daily in order to keep your bonus. I think it was 6 times a day. With the system as it is now I think I might just barely be able to keep my clan well-fed if I converted everything I gathered, but coliing is just easier for me.
@Kaijucrush
That might very well have been the original intention. It's an opportunity for broke people and those not being unable to Coli. The original suggestion might be well over a year old and back then Coli was unusable for ~80% of FR population. (This is an estimate from what I heard and experienced myself back then.)

@Lackluster
Well, as a new player, I was basically swimming in food. For the first few weeks I'd just convert EVERYTHING I got and was averaging around 2k points after a while. I only started Coli-ing when I hit... 30 dragons? and food started to be an issue. Back then dragon energy would tick down WAY faster and you had to log in daily in order to keep your bonus. I think it was 6 times a day. With the system as it is now I think I might just barely be able to keep my clan well-fed if I converted everything I gathered, but coliing is just easier for me.
yAEXdRe.png
1 2 3