Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 592 593
The Flight Rising icon on the loading screens sometimes gets blacked out and replaced with an ad when it's having issues loading.

But that's not really an issue with the ads themselves, just a coding issue, methinks.
The Flight Rising icon on the loading screens sometimes gets blacked out and replaced with an ad when it's having issues loading.

But that's not really an issue with the ads themselves, just a coding issue, methinks.
I just came across an ad that had sound and a video. It was the Great Courses ad for a gourmet class.

I'm not sure if you wanted ads with sound or not so I'm just letting you guys know.
I just came across an ad that had sound and a video. It was the Great Courses ad for a gourmet class.

I'm not sure if you wanted ads with sound or not so I'm just letting you guys know.
ipnpsh.png
@hydratamer Did the ad play sound on its own, or did you have to click "play" or something of that nature?

If the former, we will block that immediately. We don't want sound to play unless you choose to have sound play.

Thanks for the reports guys. We're working to get our banned ad list in order.

I don't understand what is with all the game with large-chested women on their ads when the games themselves have nothing to do with that sort of thing. *sigh* advertising... Maybe that's what generates the highest click-through rate for them. :-/
@hydratamer Did the ad play sound on its own, or did you have to click "play" or something of that nature?

If the former, we will block that immediately. We don't want sound to play unless you choose to have sound play.

Thanks for the reports guys. We're working to get our banned ad list in order.

I don't understand what is with all the game with large-chested women on their ads when the games themselves have nothing to do with that sort of thing. *sigh* advertising... Maybe that's what generates the highest click-through rate for them. :-/
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the bug forum. But when full screened only the little triangle that says ad choice when you hover over it is showing over the jigsaw puzzle. The ad that shows when not Full screened is the Progressive despicable me 2 ad and the survey ad. I think it is an issue with some adds having the ad choice thing and some not. If this is a bug and not an issue with the ads themselves let me know and I'll report it there. Picture since it is hard to describe. [img]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7964/2ojw.png[/img]
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the bug forum. But when full screened only the little triangle that says ad choice when you hover over it is showing over the jigsaw puzzle. The ad that shows when not Full screened is the Progressive despicable me 2 ad and the survey ad. I think it is an issue with some adds having the ad choice thing and some not. If this is a bug and not an issue with the ads themselves let me know and I'll report it there.

Picture since it is hard to describe.
2ojw.png
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
@Undel Yes, the ad played with sound on its own. I was the one who had to mute/stop the video.
@Undel Yes, the ad played with sound on its own. I was the one who had to mute/stop the video.
ipnpsh.png
@Undel
Not sure which ad specifically caused it, but in Chrome icons for notifications to be replaced by random images. I should have grabbed a screenshot before my boyfriend installed adblock. It was also causing images for the coliseum to not load properly, making it time out of loading. I can now fight in the random monsters, but I can't check my characters stats.

My boyfriend, who is a professional coder, took a look at the icons and found the issue, he also told me to go ahead and report it. He said that the JavaScript from the adds is conflicting with the JavaScript with the site and images. The coliseum started that error, and images were broken I believe it was Sunday. The notifications image replacement started today.

So, for the while, I'll be chilling on FR with FireFox, though I prefer Chrome.
@Undel
Not sure which ad specifically caused it, but in Chrome icons for notifications to be replaced by random images. I should have grabbed a screenshot before my boyfriend installed adblock. It was also causing images for the coliseum to not load properly, making it time out of loading. I can now fight in the random monsters, but I can't check my characters stats.

My boyfriend, who is a professional coder, took a look at the icons and found the issue, he also told me to go ahead and report it. He said that the JavaScript from the adds is conflicting with the JavaScript with the site and images. The coliseum started that error, and images were broken I believe it was Sunday. The notifications image replacement started today.

So, for the while, I'll be chilling on FR with FireFox, though I prefer Chrome.
WingSigDragon-1.png*WingSigDragonRight-1.png
Commissions*DeviantArt *
(oh, and I like to do art trades)
FYI This morning Built Tough Commercial Truck showed up over top of the jigsaw again. Had to reload the page a couple times to get a different ad.
FYI This morning Built Tough Commercial Truck showed up over top of the jigsaw again. Had to reload the page a couple times to get a different ad.
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
The Great Courses

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/15/emxr.jpg

This one's loud, and it autoplays.
The Great Courses

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/15/emxr.jpg

This one's loud, and it autoplays.
I just got a couple of different Ford ads that expand into the content area if you mouse over them by mistake. >_>
I just got a couple of different Ford ads that expand into the content area if you mouse over them by mistake. >_>
FR_Banners_Lightning_4.png
Omicron Wanderers text had
(The Pivot Point) located in the word (version)
and a Swedish commercial
(Sweden men 25+ wanted) hidden in the word (large)

Kistaros text had same Swedish commercial
(Sweden men 25+ wanted) hidden in the word (start)

in Undels text i found the words play and game infected too
(game) had bingocabin commercial and
(play) had Cleopatras treasure feature

is this normal?

even the time had a hidden message 02: (10) dont know what that message was tho
Omicron Wanderers text had
(The Pivot Point) located in the word (version)
and a Swedish commercial
(Sweden men 25+ wanted) hidden in the word (large)

Kistaros text had same Swedish commercial
(Sweden men 25+ wanted) hidden in the word (start)

in Undels text i found the words play and game infected too
(game) had bingocabin commercial and
(play) had Cleopatras treasure feature

is this normal?

even the time had a hidden message 02: (10) dont know what that message was tho
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 592 593