Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Hello
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@lizziecat1279, Yes, you are misinterpreting me. What I am saying is that people are upset that the staff isn't more transparent about things that they really have no right to know.

Is it okay for them to want more transparency, sure! But there is want vs expectation and I feel that whenever this community complains they believe everything requires a response or an answer, when it is a free service. If it were my cable company or my electric company, I would expect to hear back from them in a timely manner. I'm paying them for the use of that utility. As FR is free, when something isn't going your way, you do have a right to complain but the developers dont have to take your comments into consideration.
@lizziecat1279, Yes, you are misinterpreting me. What I am saying is that people are upset that the staff isn't more transparent about things that they really have no right to know.

Is it okay for them to want more transparency, sure! But there is want vs expectation and I feel that whenever this community complains they believe everything requires a response or an answer, when it is a free service. If it were my cable company or my electric company, I would expect to hear back from them in a timely manner. I'm paying them for the use of that utility. As FR is free, when something isn't going your way, you do have a right to complain but the developers dont have to take your comments into consideration.
In the same vein then the developers have no right to expect users to stay.

//edit to be fair people WILL stay and keep joining and maybe that's why they're pushing open reg so hard (to make up for people leaving) but if users aren't expected to be listened to then the developers don't have a leg to stand on when they're trying to keep people around.
If they want their experience to be the best experience then they ought to keep their customers happy. Right now they've got a monopoly on this particular flavor of game but soon there'll be copy cats and they're sticking their heads in the sand if they believe they've got a hold on everyone.
In the same vein then the developers have no right to expect users to stay.

//edit to be fair people WILL stay and keep joining and maybe that's why they're pushing open reg so hard (to make up for people leaving) but if users aren't expected to be listened to then the developers don't have a leg to stand on when they're trying to keep people around.
If they want their experience to be the best experience then they ought to keep their customers happy. Right now they've got a monopoly on this particular flavor of game but soon there'll be copy cats and they're sticking their heads in the sand if they believe they've got a hold on everyone.
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@Arianette I would have to disagree with the "it's free, so you can't expect anything!" argument. This argument is often known as the "entitlement" argument. I think @AdeleneDawner posted a good counter-argument in regards to that: [quote]Re: Entitlement... okay, yeah, sure. We aren't entitled to much of anything, here. But the admins aren't entitled to our time or attention, either. Do they want to make this a site that actually gives us a good return (in fun, not in items or treasure!) for our investment compared to the other things we could be doing with them, or would they rather see us spend our time and attention - and money - elsewhere?[/quote] At the end of the day, this [b]is[/b] a business. Even if some people do not pay money, gem purchases and ad revenue are a thing. While the admins are free to do what [i]they[/i] want with the site, people are indeed free to complain or to go elsewhere. Good business sense would dictate that you don't want all your potential customers (through ad revenue or future gem purchases) up and leaving because all you cared about what [i]your[/i] vision and not what the userbase wanted.
@Arianette I would have to disagree with the "it's free, so you can't expect anything!" argument. This argument is often known as the "entitlement" argument.

I think @AdeleneDawner posted a good counter-argument in regards to that:
Quote:
Re: Entitlement... okay, yeah, sure. We aren't entitled to much of anything, here. But the admins aren't entitled to our time or attention, either. Do they want to make this a site that actually gives us a good return (in fun, not in items or treasure!) for our investment compared to the other things we could be doing with them, or would they rather see us spend our time and attention - and money - elsewhere?

At the end of the day, this is a business. Even if some people do not pay money, gem purchases and ad revenue are a thing. While the admins are free to do what they want with the site, people are indeed free to complain or to go elsewhere. Good business sense would dictate that you don't want all your potential customers (through ad revenue or future gem purchases) up and leaving because all you cared about what your vision and not what the userbase wanted.
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
@Maelice - I am active in the gaming community as well, and am really familiar with the feelings about Valve.

My point here is never to silence peoples opinions, but rather to direct them out of something if they are so miserable they feel the need to go on these tirades about an online game. "If it hurts when you do this - dont do this."
@Maelice - I am active in the gaming community as well, and am really familiar with the feelings about Valve.

My point here is never to silence peoples opinions, but rather to direct them out of something if they are so miserable they feel the need to go on these tirades about an online game. "If it hurts when you do this - dont do this."
We're not miserable though, just frustrated OTL You seem to interpret dissent and criticism as misery and anger and I want to assure you that's really not right at all. Maybe in a select few but not everyone
We're not miserable though, just frustrated OTL You seem to interpret dissent and criticism as misery and anger and I want to assure you that's really not right at all. Maybe in a select few but not everyone
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
[quote name="Arianette" date="2015-01-05 20:38:41"]lizziecat1279, Yes, you are misinterpreting me. What I am saying is that [b]people are upset that the staff isn't more transparent about things that they really have no right to know. [/b][/quote] Uh, actually.... When [i]I[/i] talk about being upset about the lack of communication, I don't mean I want to know what bugs and features are being worked on (although I EXPECT that they are being worked on, and expect to actually SEE progress being made on code work, which is why part 2 of my original complaint was coding). My greatest concern about communication is the Contact Us emails that receive form letter "read the TOS" responses, or form letter responses that literally don't even have anything to do with what the email was about. Or contact us emails that DON'T GET ANY RESPONSE EVER AT ALL. People with questions being told "take it to Contact Us" or "Take that to Q&A" and then the Q&A responses are weeks and weeks in-between, or specific questions never even get acknowledged while others are. Admins posting responses and locking threads when there is very clearly personal emotions involved. A game with really great potential shouldn't be dragged down by unprofessional business practices. Like. Really. Is there anything more unprofessional than just ignoring the customers you don't want to deal with? If it's an issue of being unable to handle the load, then it is unprofessional of the organization to not hire more people to help deal with CS. If the load is fine and your CS people are doing it on purpose, then. Well.
Arianette wrote on 2015-01-05 20:38:41:
lizziecat1279, Yes, you are misinterpreting me. What I am saying is that people are upset that the staff isn't more transparent about things that they really have no right to know.

Uh, actually....

When I talk about being upset about the lack of communication, I don't mean I want to know what bugs and features are being worked on (although I EXPECT that they are being worked on, and expect to actually SEE progress being made on code work, which is why part 2 of my original complaint was coding).

My greatest concern about communication is the Contact Us emails that receive form letter "read the TOS" responses, or form letter responses that literally don't even have anything to do with what the email was about. Or contact us emails that DON'T GET ANY RESPONSE EVER AT ALL.

People with questions being told "take it to Contact Us" or "Take that to Q&A" and then the Q&A responses are weeks and weeks in-between, or specific questions never even get acknowledged while others are.

Admins posting responses and locking threads when there is very clearly personal emotions involved.

A game with really great potential shouldn't be dragged down by unprofessional business practices.

Like. Really. Is there anything more unprofessional than just ignoring the customers you don't want to deal with? If it's an issue of being unable to handle the load, then it is unprofessional of the organization to not hire more people to help deal with CS. If the load is fine and your CS people are doing it on purpose, then. Well.
-eats popcorn and tags self because thread is interesting but nothing really constructive to add this late at night-

@JadeRavenwing
-eats popcorn and tags self because thread is interesting but nothing really constructive to add this late at night-

@JadeRavenwing
"Someday you'll be able to just walk right past a fez!"
My Hatchery! - Come take a look! I have some pairs I'm really excited about! :3 Maybe you'll like what you see?
badge1_zps1cb9dc8f.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12