Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Unlimited Treasure Chests in Horde
Making a new post because this one's getting kinda worrisome and my last title was misleading.

I now have an apparently unlimited stack of treasure chests in my horde. I have 3 that do not behave like normal items (are clickable and openable but do not go away) and I have a stack of -3. You'll have to take my word for it that I have not abused this. I have earned three chests since trading two away, opened exactly 3 chests, and I have -3. However, those three are also present as unopened items after opening them.
This started when I traded two chests and some gold to Swipp; gold is also present as a non-existent quantity in my materials, and this bug has now extended to jars of pennies and bones I've gotten from scavenging and digging. They too now do not vanish when opened and remain as openable items.

Help?
Making a new post because this one's getting kinda worrisome and my last title was misleading.

I now have an apparently unlimited stack of treasure chests in my horde. I have 3 that do not behave like normal items (are clickable and openable but do not go away) and I have a stack of -3. You'll have to take my word for it that I have not abused this. I have earned three chests since trading two away, opened exactly 3 chests, and I have -3. However, those three are also present as unopened items after opening them.
This started when I traded two chests and some gold to Swipp; gold is also present as a non-existent quantity in my materials, and this bug has now extended to jars of pennies and bones I've gotten from scavenging and digging. They too now do not vanish when opened and remain as openable items.

Help?
kalsaccentbanner2tiny_by_kaljaia-d9dlyep.png
@Akiri

Thank you for alerting us, Kaljaia. For now, please don't touch them, so that we can analyze them. Any other information on how you may have acquired them is appreciated. :)
@Akiri

Thank you for alerting us, Kaljaia. For now, please don't touch them, so that we can analyze them. Any other information on how you may have acquired them is appreciated. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
This started... yesterday? yeah. I had one unopened chest in inventory when I saw Swipp's offer for the gold chest. I bought one more unopened chest from the auction for gems, and traded two of those plus 5 gold to Swipp for the gold chest. It functioned fine and vanished after I opened it.

However, just after the trade I noticed I had a 'phantom' chest in inventory. It had 0 for a quantity number and no little clickable check box beside it; I ignored it, thinking it was just an old page or something.
Today, I got two chests from familiars and another one from digging; when I opened them, I noticed my phantom chest quantity went from 0 to -1, -2, -3 while I acquired three more chests with quantity numbers of 1 each and also lacking check boxes . They don't stack; they sit as three separate objects but behave like chests- when clicked on they have the same 'are you sure you want to open this?' window.

This morning while digging I also acquired a broken penny jar. When opened, my number of empty broken jars went up, but the penny jar remained in inventory, quantity at 1, and lost its check box just like the chests. Yesterday, briefly, I had a phantom gold item with a quantity of 0 but that seems to have corrected itself after I bought another gold ore today.

When I check now it seems the phantom chest at -3 has vanished- I assume as part of the fix for this. Does this help at all? I haven't messed with anything further.
This started... yesterday? yeah. I had one unopened chest in inventory when I saw Swipp's offer for the gold chest. I bought one more unopened chest from the auction for gems, and traded two of those plus 5 gold to Swipp for the gold chest. It functioned fine and vanished after I opened it.

However, just after the trade I noticed I had a 'phantom' chest in inventory. It had 0 for a quantity number and no little clickable check box beside it; I ignored it, thinking it was just an old page or something.
Today, I got two chests from familiars and another one from digging; when I opened them, I noticed my phantom chest quantity went from 0 to -1, -2, -3 while I acquired three more chests with quantity numbers of 1 each and also lacking check boxes . They don't stack; they sit as three separate objects but behave like chests- when clicked on they have the same 'are you sure you want to open this?' window.

This morning while digging I also acquired a broken penny jar. When opened, my number of empty broken jars went up, but the penny jar remained in inventory, quantity at 1, and lost its check box just like the chests. Yesterday, briefly, I had a phantom gold item with a quantity of 0 but that seems to have corrected itself after I bought another gold ore today.

When I check now it seems the phantom chest at -3 has vanished- I assume as part of the fix for this. Does this help at all? I haven't messed with anything further.
Bug is expanding- The treasure chest I got today from a familiar is identical to the already opened unstacked chests and lacking its check box, as is a new unopened jar of pennies and leaf pack.
Bug is expanding- The treasure chest I got today from a familiar is identical to the already opened unstacked chests and lacking its check box, as is a new unopened jar of pennies and leaf pack.
Ok, it seems new openable items are disappearing now as they should and the negative number stacks have vanished. However, the gold I just got from Swipp is not stacking with my existing gold...

Also, I still have three treasure chests, one jar of bones and one jar of pennies that I know I've opened hanging out in my inventory. All are still active items. Are these going to vanish?
Ok, it seems new openable items are disappearing now as they should and the negative number stacks have vanished. However, the gold I just got from Swipp is not stacking with my existing gold...

Also, I still have three treasure chests, one jar of bones and one jar of pennies that I know I've opened hanging out in my inventory. All are still active items. Are these going to vanish?
... shall I just open them and make them vanish...?
... shall I just open them and make them vanish...?
Open the jar of bones and let me know what happens for you.
Open the jar of bones and let me know what happens for you.
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering
The jar of bones vanished. (clicked on it accidentally after gathering this morning.)
The jar of bones vanished. (clicked on it accidentally after gathering this morning.)
It seems new and existing chest-type items are now behaving normally. My only remaining anomaly now are the three chests left from the bug itself. These three are the ones that, when opened, produced the stack of -3 chests. After that stack disappeared, these three stayed in my horde. They are functionally identical to new chests I get from familiars and monster drops but remain as three separate items, rather than a stack.
It seems new and existing chest-type items are now behaving normally. My only remaining anomaly now are the three chests left from the bug itself. These three are the ones that, when opened, produced the stack of -3 chests. After that stack disappeared, these three stayed in my horde. They are functionally identical to new chests I get from familiars and monster drops but remain as three separate items, rather than a stack.
Mail them to me if you can. I want to examine them.
Mail them to me if you can. I want to examine them.
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering