Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Resort Nuzlocke - New Story p51
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 52 53
@xaldin Aww thank you Xaldin!! :D
@xaldin Aww thank you Xaldin!! :D
aaaah so many new things ;u; how exciting~~
aaaah so many new things ;u; how exciting~~
JkH6QS6.pngN8sl46I.png UOCl28e.png
@Kizmetto

Volk and Sonata + 3 mirror kids = it's official, you have a hunting pack of scary mirrors.
@Kizmetto

Volk and Sonata + 3 mirror kids = it's official, you have a hunting pack of scary mirrors.
I'm doing a Nuzlocke story called The Guardians of Coldspring. You can read it on FR or on tumblr: leir-rising.tumblr.com. Comments and feedback are always welcome.
@felGS @Tierce @kingdoge @Neige @texandemox @VictoryInSolace @wisecakes @ArgenteaMoon @nindeanwa @Joydom29 @scyras @Sakku @dovalore @Xaldin Entry Forty Seven Forlock and Cress had decided to go check out the perimeter, finding good scouting points and any other notable features. IT seemed like they were quite isolated from any other visible dragon clans, but they were sure there would be no issues with hunting grounds. Forlock's skin started to lighten in places, her tail developing fine wisps and her bulk developing a spotty complexion. It was reminiscent of a doe or an elk really. "What are you looking at Cress?" She spoke up, glancing along his own body. His wings too had lightened significantly , mimicking the ripples on shallow water. [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/decbc029e0211a06d9b053b8ce181dfc/tumblr_nhloie7h2t1u2ms2do2_400.png[/img] [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/042dd051a3505c56aa5374b854d194d6/tumblr_nhloie7h2t1u2ms2do1_400.png[/img] "Nothing! Nothing at all!" He said quickly, a warm gust of wind pushing through the plains. The grass rustled softly, tickling their paws slightly. There was a low whistling coming from the near distance, near a pond it seemed. Cautiously, the two young dragons sneaked up to the source. There were some lily pads and reeds in the water hole, the wind came again and the sound whistled sharper. Automatically, Forlock quickly stood over and braced around Cress with her wings unfurled and curled around him like a protective net, her eyes darting around for the noise. Cress, a little flustered by his Guardian merely cowered under her size. "Ah, Forlock...It was those plants." Their eyes met, hers a confused frown and his a reassuring smile. Slowly, she recomposed herself, shaking her head slightly before peering into the pond. [img]http://ct.glos.ac.uk/students/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2013/10/pond.png[/img] Cress pointed to the taller, hollow reeds that dotted in clumps around the water, similar to bamboo, it indeed whistled as the wind blew through it. Amused, Forlock grinned and snapped one to take back with her - she didn't know that it wouldn't work exactly the same now, but it made her happy. Cress peered into the relatively clear pond and noted their location, this would make a good water source when they needed it. The two continued on their stroll, ascending up a rather steep hill. At the top the wind billowed stronger, their accessories whipping against their flesh. "Ooh...Exhilarating isn't it? Lets fly!" He suddenly announced, pouncing into the air with a skilful leap, his blue wings catching the wind instantly and lifting him up higher like a kite. Below him Forlock watched a little longer, admiring the sight of her Charge having fun. It wasn't long before she joined him however. The orange guardian ascended a little quicker than her agile friend, who was testing his agile abilities with some sharp turns and his wing angles - Noir told him all he knew about flight mechanics and the best way to descend safely in a hurry. Forlock remained in a slow hover, flapping hard every now and then. Her eyes scanned across the cloudy horizon, the orange light reflecting off everything in its wake. Soon it would be nightfall, but they had some time to return. The mirror flew next to her and latched onto her back, puffing a little harder than she expected. She shot him a worried glance, and he shook his head signifying he was okay. "Just...A little tired." He panted as the guardian flapped again. "Cress, look down there! Its our home." She mused, starting to circle around the Steppe where she could see Valkyrie and Noir, and next to them Phantomile and the bat baby were a mere speck in comparison. It was amusing. "We should go back?" She asked, craning her neck slightly to look at Cress. He was not there, but quickly zipped in front of her, folding his wings tight against his body and free falling towards the ground, his tongue hanging out of his mouth, flapping wildly in the wind. The two dragons returned to the mound a little later, just before the sun had set. The warm light was half way behind a tall mountain, the last light of the day. Noir and Valkyrie had dug out a very shallow cave, enough for the 5 - no, 6 of them - to be sheltered overnight. It was a clear sky, so the chances of rain seemed minimal but you never know. Cress checked in on Phantomile, brushing up against her slightly. She too had started to develop markings along her wings, darkening considerably since they left the Shifting Expanse. [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/69689ed6b22d76dec1e85eda8c46116e/tumblr_nhloie7h2t1u2ms2do3_400.png[/img] Her ice eyes turned towards him, returning the customary nudge, "You look like you had fun today." The pearlcatcher mused, suddenly whipping her head around, peering around Cress. "Oh there you are." The bat dragon was sitting on Cress' tail, just staring at it with wide eyes. The male watched the baby, flicking his tail out of his grip and watching the baby pursue it, sitting on it again when he thought he had it. The mirror chuckled, looking up at the rose dragon. She sighed slightly but there was a small smile on her maw, "Has it got a name?" He asked, nudging the tiny dragon with his nose, it proceeded to cling onto it with its hooked wings, which served as its claws it seemed. Phantomile chuckled and plucked the bat dragon from his nose carefully, "I think...Atlas." She blushed slightly, enjoying the tender moment between them. Cress shuffled closer, "You're doing a good job." He too blushed slightly, before he quickly ran off to help Noir with hunting for food. He had to provide for Phantomile and the new baby!
@felGS @Tierce @kingdoge @Neige @texandemox @VictoryInSolace @wisecakes @ArgenteaMoon @nindeanwa @Joydom29 @scyras @Sakku @dovalore @Xaldin

Entry Forty Seven

Forlock and Cress had decided to go check out the perimeter, finding good scouting points and any other notable features. IT seemed like they were quite isolated from any other visible dragon clans, but they were sure there would be no issues with hunting grounds. Forlock's skin started to lighten in places, her tail developing fine wisps and her bulk developing a spotty complexion. It was reminiscent of a doe or an elk really. "What are you looking at Cress?" She spoke up, glancing along his own body. His wings too had lightened significantly , mimicking the ripples on shallow water.

tumblr_nhloie7h2t1u2ms2do2_400.png
tumblr_nhloie7h2t1u2ms2do1_400.png

"Nothing! Nothing at all!" He said quickly, a warm gust of wind pushing through the plains. The grass rustled softly, tickling their paws slightly. There was a low whistling coming from the near distance, near a pond it seemed. Cautiously, the two young dragons sneaked up to the source. There were some lily pads and reeds in the water hole, the wind came again and the sound whistled sharper. Automatically, Forlock quickly stood over and braced around Cress with her wings unfurled and curled around him like a protective net, her eyes darting around for the noise. Cress, a little flustered by his Guardian merely cowered under her size. "Ah, Forlock...It was those plants." Their eyes met, hers a confused frown and his a reassuring smile. Slowly, she recomposed herself, shaking her head slightly before peering into the pond.

pond.png

Cress pointed to the taller, hollow reeds that dotted in clumps around the water, similar to bamboo, it indeed whistled as the wind blew through it. Amused, Forlock grinned and snapped one to take back with her - she didn't know that it wouldn't work exactly the same now, but it made her happy. Cress peered into the relatively clear pond and noted their location, this would make a good water source when they needed it. The two continued on their stroll, ascending up a rather steep hill. At the top the wind billowed stronger, their accessories whipping against their flesh. "Ooh...Exhilarating isn't it? Lets fly!" He suddenly announced, pouncing into the air with a skilful leap, his blue wings catching the wind instantly and lifting him up higher like a kite.
Below him Forlock watched a little longer, admiring the sight of her Charge having fun. It wasn't long before she joined him however. The orange guardian ascended a little quicker than her agile friend, who was testing his agile abilities with some sharp turns and his wing angles - Noir told him all he knew about flight mechanics and the best way to descend safely in a hurry.

Forlock remained in a slow hover, flapping hard every now and then. Her eyes scanned across the cloudy horizon, the orange light reflecting off everything in its wake. Soon it would be nightfall, but they had some time to return. The mirror flew next to her and latched onto her back, puffing a little harder than she expected. She shot him a worried glance, and he shook his head signifying he was okay. "Just...A little tired." He panted as the guardian flapped again. "Cress, look down there! Its our home." She mused, starting to circle around the Steppe where she could see Valkyrie and Noir, and next to them Phantomile and the bat baby were a mere speck in comparison. It was amusing. "We should go back?" She asked, craning her neck slightly to look at Cress. He was not there, but quickly zipped in front of her, folding his wings tight against his body and free falling towards the ground, his tongue hanging out of his mouth, flapping wildly in the wind.

The two dragons returned to the mound a little later, just before the sun had set. The warm light was half way behind a tall mountain, the last light of the day. Noir and Valkyrie had dug out a very shallow cave, enough for the 5 - no, 6 of them - to be sheltered overnight. It was a clear sky, so the chances of rain seemed minimal but you never know.

Cress checked in on Phantomile, brushing up against her slightly. She too had started to develop markings along her wings, darkening considerably since they left the Shifting Expanse.

tumblr_nhloie7h2t1u2ms2do3_400.png

Her ice eyes turned towards him, returning the customary nudge, "You look like you had fun today." The pearlcatcher mused, suddenly whipping her head around, peering around Cress. "Oh there you are." The bat dragon was sitting on Cress' tail, just staring at it with wide eyes. The male watched the baby, flicking his tail out of his grip and watching the baby pursue it, sitting on it again when he thought he had it. The mirror chuckled, looking up at the rose dragon. She sighed slightly but there was a small smile on her maw, "Has it got a name?" He asked, nudging the tiny dragon with his nose, it proceeded to cling onto it with its hooked wings, which served as its claws it seemed. Phantomile chuckled and plucked the bat dragon from his nose carefully, "I think...Atlas." She blushed slightly, enjoying the tender moment between them.
Cress shuffled closer, "You're doing a good job." He too blushed slightly, before he quickly ran off to help Noir with hunting for food. He had to provide for Phantomile and the new baby!
I really enjoy reading about Sonata and his family, they are so cute x3 The same for Cress and Phantomile (she looks beautiful btw) ~ cute family time is cute x33

Although I'm a little bit worried about Noir, I hope he can adjust to his new clan soon...

edit: ping @Kizmetto
I really enjoy reading about Sonata and his family, they are so cute x3 The same for Cress and Phantomile (she looks beautiful btw) ~ cute family time is cute x33

Although I'm a little bit worried about Noir, I hope he can adjust to his new clan soon...

edit: ping @Kizmetto
natureh5.png
@Neige I wanted to focus on their relationships with each other for the moment still getting over the last few chapters But i'm glad! Cute family bonding time :)
@Neige I wanted to focus on their relationships with each other for the moment still getting over the last few chapters But i'm glad! Cute family bonding time :)
@felGS @Tierce @kingdoge @Neige @texandemox @VictoryInSolace @wisecakes @ArgenteaMoon @nindeanwa @Joydom29 @scyras @Sakku @dovalore @Xaldin Entry Forty Eight Over the coarse of the next week, all the dragons worked together to dig out an acceptable home. The guardians dug long and wide caverns into the cliff, peeking out through the cliff to allow airflow and more exit points. Each dragon was assigned a task, and soon their new home started to form. Atlas was reaching his adolescence, following Phantomile where ever she went. He opted to carrying a pebble in his small claws, mimicking the pearlcatcher - who had since reforged her own pearl with her own oils. It was small and opalescent but this time she was certain it was no egg. She liked how the nocturne had adopted her small habits, noticing how he also took on a little bit of Cress' personality. "Ma, what can we do to help?" He quipped, his large nose flaring slightly as a fresh whiff of flowers drifted through the caverns. The rose dragon hummed softly, glancing down at her adoptive son's pebble. That wouldn't do. "I have something special to do sweetie, Could you go see if Cress needs some help?" She smiled sweetly, her son nodding promptly and leaving to go find the mirror. Cress was with Noir, who had taken a break from digging. The black dragon didn't speak much, but it was just those two, having a real conversation for the first time in a long time. Atlas paused, not wanting to intrude, but he needed to do something... He decided that interrupting the Clan Leader was not wise, and opted to go search for Valkyrie. He found her quickly, digging deeper. Due to his small size and lack of magical prowess, he pouted. He could not dig, nor lift the heavy rocks. Valkyrie noticed his presence, "Hey...You're here to keep me company right?" She glanced him a quick smile, trying to cheer up the adolescent. Atlas leaped at the opportunity to help and sat up on a root, chatting to the red guardian as she dug. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/789.png[/img][/center] "Noir...You have barely eaten, and are always working. We haven't spoken in such a long time!" The mirror spoke, his voice rather taut. It wasn't like he was confronting him, but it felt a little like it. The small guardian stared at his claws, nodding occasionally. "I...The mounds aren't going to dig themselves." He responded finally, the mirror rolling his eyes. " The caves don't matter! We worry about you Noir." Cress hissed, his frills flattening. Noir sighed heavily, returning to his silent demeanour, but the mirror wasn't done with him. He shuffled closer, resting a claw on the others claw in a supportive manner. "Noir...Please...tell me what you are thinking." His eyes were wet, wide with sincerity. He looked up at the guardian, his eyes still blank and emotionless. "There...Is nothing you need to worry. I am..dealing with my problems my own way." He tried to fake a smile, but it was plainly and painfully obvious that it was forced. It looked like he wasn't going to get anything out of him today, leaving him to his digging. After the mirror had left, Noir returned to his digging, alone with his thoughts again. [center][i]'I thought I could handle it, but I'm not.' 'They are all doing so well without me' 'maybe i should leave tonight' 'Valkyrie would know... she would follow me' 'Where would i go?' 'where can i go...'[/i][/center] His thoughts returned to Blake and Gaia. Could...Would they have the answers he sought? What questions did he even have to ask? who was he? Where was his charge? Will finding his charge bring him happiness again? What if he failed his Charge too? He growled heavily as the questions tormented him, swirling around in his mind. Slamming his clenched claw into the ground, it murmured slightly and pain shot through his arm. It was the first thing he had felt in a long time, but it was not joy. Noir left the caves without speaking to anyone and headed to the cliffs. It overlooked the Tidelord domain, crashing waves below him. He stared at it below and unfurled his wings, letting the wind embrace him momentarily. He gasped as he saw Maggie's face for a fleeting moment, fading away as quick as it had come. "Mother..!" He cried out, but the vision was gone. He continued to stare outwards towards the ocean, the rumbling of waves crashing against the rocky cliff. He sat on the edge, peering below, the tormenting questions started to resurface in his mind. He felt the dark loneliness grasp his heart, tugging at it slightly with each gust of wind that pushed against him. A few hours later, Phantomile started to look for Atlas, a round object in her other claw. She had spent the last few hours meditating and conjuring a special gift for her little boy. She found him down a narrow path, with Valkyrie digging at the end and a very talkative bat nearby. "So then i pounced on it It jumped away but i wasn't going to let it go that easy! You should've seen it! After that- Oh! Ma!" He chirped, jumping down and running up to her, accidentally dropping his pebble and promptly picking it up and dusting it off. He really was like a pearlcatcher, well as much as Phantomile knew what pearlcatchers did. "Sweetie, You've been a good boy and have grown so much!" She gleamed, Valkyrie pausing her work to watch the two. Atlas cocked his head slightly, "Yeah...and?" He wasn't sure why this was so important, normally she would tell him this at bed time, not in the middle of the afternoon! "I Have a present for you, I was going to wait but i think you deserve it now." She pushed the larger orb towards him, wrapped in leaf and bamboo strips. "Wow!" The boy exclaimed, ripping into it. Just as the last leaf was torn from the surface, it started to hover and omit a purple-ish haze around it. There were fragments floating around it, "A pearl!!" He exclaimed, discarding his pebble so easily and grasping the purple orb. "It hovers?" Atlas squealed, "Yes, I used some of my special magic, so now you can have your pearl where ever you go. Do you like it?" "I Love it Ma!! Thank you!" He nuzzled his mother fondly, before running around watching the orb follow him closely. [center][img]https://33.media.tumblr.com/4396866c72d620bbcf03e60e4ad2b324/tumblr_nhox2wzquT1u2ms2do1_400.png[/img][/center]
@felGS @Tierce @kingdoge @Neige @texandemox @VictoryInSolace @wisecakes @ArgenteaMoon @nindeanwa @Joydom29 @scyras @Sakku @dovalore @Xaldin

Entry Forty Eight

Over the coarse of the next week, all the dragons worked together to dig out an acceptable home. The guardians dug long and wide caverns into the cliff, peeking out through the cliff to allow airflow and more exit points. Each dragon was assigned a task, and soon their new home started to form.

Atlas was reaching his adolescence, following Phantomile where ever she went. He opted to carrying a pebble in his small claws, mimicking the pearlcatcher - who had since reforged her own pearl with her own oils. It was small and opalescent but this time she was certain it was no egg. She liked how the nocturne had adopted her small habits, noticing how he also took on a little bit of Cress' personality. "Ma, what can we do to help?" He quipped, his large nose flaring slightly as a fresh whiff of flowers drifted through the caverns. The rose dragon hummed softly, glancing down at her adoptive son's pebble. That wouldn't do. "I have something special to do sweetie, Could you go see if Cress needs some help?" She smiled sweetly, her son nodding promptly and leaving to go find the mirror.

Cress was with Noir, who had taken a break from digging. The black dragon didn't speak much, but it was just those two, having a real conversation for the first time in a long time. Atlas paused, not wanting to intrude, but he needed to do something... He decided that interrupting the Clan Leader was not wise, and opted to go search for Valkyrie. He found her quickly, digging deeper. Due to his small size and lack of magical prowess, he pouted. He could not dig, nor lift the heavy rocks. Valkyrie noticed his presence, "Hey...You're here to keep me company right?" She glanced him a quick smile, trying to cheer up the adolescent. Atlas leaped at the opportunity to help and sat up on a root, chatting to the red guardian as she dug.
789.png

"Noir...You have barely eaten, and are always working. We haven't spoken in such a long time!" The mirror spoke, his voice rather taut. It wasn't like he was confronting him, but it felt a little like it. The small guardian stared at his claws, nodding occasionally. "I...The mounds aren't going to dig themselves." He responded finally, the mirror rolling his eyes. " The caves don't matter! We worry about you Noir." Cress hissed, his frills flattening. Noir sighed heavily, returning to his silent demeanour, but the mirror wasn't done with him. He shuffled closer, resting a claw on the others claw in a supportive manner. "Noir...Please...tell me what you are thinking." His eyes were wet, wide with sincerity. He looked up at the guardian, his eyes still blank and emotionless. "There...Is nothing you need to worry. I am..dealing with my problems my own way." He tried to fake a smile, but it was plainly and painfully obvious that it was forced.

It looked like he wasn't going to get anything out of him today, leaving him to his digging.

After the mirror had left, Noir returned to his digging, alone with his thoughts again.
'I thought I could handle it, but I'm not.'
'They are all doing so well without me'
'maybe i should leave tonight'
'Valkyrie would know... she would follow me'
'Where would i go?'
'where can i go...'

His thoughts returned to Blake and Gaia. Could...Would they have the answers he sought? What questions did he even have to ask? who was he? Where was his charge? Will finding his charge bring him happiness again? What if he failed his Charge too?
He growled heavily as the questions tormented him, swirling around in his mind. Slamming his clenched claw into the ground, it murmured slightly and pain shot through his arm. It was the first thing he had felt in a long time, but it was not joy.
Noir left the caves without speaking to anyone and headed to the cliffs. It overlooked the Tidelord domain, crashing waves below him.

He stared at it below and unfurled his wings, letting the wind embrace him momentarily. He gasped as he saw Maggie's face for a fleeting moment, fading away as quick as it had come. "Mother..!" He cried out, but the vision was gone. He continued to stare outwards towards the ocean, the rumbling of waves crashing against the rocky cliff. He sat on the edge, peering below, the tormenting questions started to resurface in his mind. He felt the dark loneliness grasp his heart, tugging at it slightly with each gust of wind that pushed against him.

A few hours later, Phantomile started to look for Atlas, a round object in her other claw. She had spent the last few hours meditating and conjuring a special gift for her little boy. She found him down a narrow path, with Valkyrie digging at the end and a very talkative bat nearby. "So then i pounced on it It jumped away but i wasn't going to let it go that easy! You should've seen it! After that- Oh! Ma!" He chirped, jumping down and running up to her, accidentally dropping his pebble and promptly picking it up and dusting it off. He really was like a pearlcatcher, well as much as Phantomile knew what pearlcatchers did. "Sweetie, You've been a good boy and have grown so much!" She gleamed, Valkyrie pausing her work to watch the two. Atlas cocked his head slightly, "Yeah...and?" He wasn't sure why this was so important, normally she would tell him this at bed time, not in the middle of the afternoon!
"I Have a present for you, I was going to wait but i think you deserve it now." She pushed the larger orb towards him, wrapped in leaf and bamboo strips. "Wow!" The boy exclaimed, ripping into it. Just as the last leaf was torn from the surface, it started to hover and omit a purple-ish haze around it. There were fragments floating around it, "A pearl!!" He exclaimed, discarding his pebble so easily and grasping the purple orb. "It hovers?" Atlas squealed, "Yes, I used some of my special magic, so now you can have your pearl where ever you go. Do you like it?"
"I Love it Ma!! Thank you!" He nuzzled his mother fondly, before running around watching the orb follow him closely.
tumblr_nhox2wzquT1u2ms2do1_400.png
CUTE
also poor Noir just run for it boyo
CUTE
also poor Noir just run for it boyo
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Poor Noir ;__;

Atlas is really cute, his 'pearl' was a great idea x3
Poor Noir ;__;

Atlas is really cute, his 'pearl' was a great idea x3
natureh5.png
@Kizmetto can you add me to your pinglist? I am deciding if I want to make my own Nuzlocke, so hard and your writing is amazing.
@Kizmetto can you add me to your pinglist? I am deciding if I want to make my own Nuzlocke, so hard and your writing is amazing.
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 52 53