Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Population Control
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[quote name="BrokenGlass" date="2014-10-02 10:47:01"]And Exalting clearly Does NOT help. That's what we've all been doing and It's gotten Worse not better.[/quote] I dunno, it's helped me to an Ancient Lair, enough food to feed my dragons and enough to sell for piles of gems and still chuck stacks at people whose dragons are starving. As DragonSage said, we've hit saturation. All the players that came in on the last window have full lairs. Probably 19 out of every 20 dragons purchased are bought with intent to exalt. I buy hundreds of dragons and exalt them for profit, and I'm more than willing to give coli tips to people who feel reliant on 5k from the AH for their income. [quote name="BrokenGlass" date="2014-10-02 10:47:01"] My idea is mix the in mass exalt and dropping nest size at the same time. Still have pretty dragons in a timely manner but less of them at one time. Basically Daming up the water and then letting out in a trickle instead of a gush.[/quote] ...and it would take maybe a month for things to go[b] right back the way they were[/b] because no one has room to just buy pretty dragons anymore.
BrokenGlass wrote on 2014-10-02 10:47:01:
And Exalting clearly Does NOT help. That's what we've all been doing and It's gotten Worse not better.

I dunno, it's helped me to an Ancient Lair, enough food to feed my dragons and enough to sell for piles of gems and still chuck stacks at people whose dragons are starving. As DragonSage said, we've hit saturation. All the players that came in on the last window have full lairs. Probably 19 out of every 20 dragons purchased are bought with intent to exalt. I buy hundreds of dragons and exalt them for profit, and I'm more than willing to give coli tips to people who feel reliant on 5k from the AH for their income.

BrokenGlass wrote on 2014-10-02 10:47:01:
My idea is mix the in mass exalt and dropping nest size at the same time. Still have pretty dragons in a timely manner but less of them at one time. Basically Daming up the water and then letting out in a trickle instead of a gush.

...and it would take maybe a month for things to go right back the way they were because no one has room to just buy pretty dragons anymore.
@Nenya yes we have. But once Things have settled instead of just letting it just go back to that way not Open things up again? We could do with new lairs. They keep adding new things for the dragons, hell they added new dragons. But we Don't have enough people and way too many dragons all at once. Fix the too many dragons and then fix the too few people.
@Nenya yes we have. But once Things have settled instead of just letting it just go back to that way not Open things up again? We could do with new lairs. They keep adding new things for the dragons, hell they added new dragons. But we Don't have enough people and way too many dragons all at once. Fix the too many dragons and then fix the too few people.
[quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 11:04:16"]i think it's very strange how the same people stressing exalting JUST stated that mass exalting doesn't work [/quote] Just wanted to point out that you seem to have misunderstood the point being made. Mass exalting [B][I][U]ONCE[/U][/I][/B] would not work. By giving more incentive to exalt, you are getting more dragons out of the site [i]permanently[/i], not just one sweep*. Like sweeping your house every day instead of doing a deep clean every few months. One keeps the house clean constantly, though not [i]devoid[/i] of mess, the other gets things clean for a day or two then mess begins to clutter. *Edited to fix typo
NatsuTaka wrote on 2014-10-02 11:04:16:
i think it's very strange how the same people stressing exalting JUST stated that mass exalting doesn't work

Just wanted to point out that you seem to have misunderstood the point being made. Mass exalting ONCE would not work. By giving more incentive to exalt, you are getting more dragons out of the site permanently, not just one sweep*. Like sweeping your house every day instead of doing a deep clean every few months. One keeps the house clean constantly, though not devoid of mess, the other gets things clean for a day or two then mess begins to clutter.

*Edited to fix typo
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
No support. this is pretty much a beaten horse by now but we all agree we need far better incentives to exalt or with extra features that utilizes dragons in other ways other than breeding like DragonSage mentioned.

There is a lot of potential for flight rising to play other than breed and coli grind. A lot of people have voiced that dragons should have specific jobs or skills sets other than battling. This could include "This one can breed, this one cannot breed" because it could be seen as a "job"
No support. this is pretty much a beaten horse by now but we all agree we need far better incentives to exalt or with extra features that utilizes dragons in other ways other than breeding like DragonSage mentioned.

There is a lot of potential for flight rising to play other than breed and coli grind. A lot of people have voiced that dragons should have specific jobs or skills sets other than battling. This could include "This one can breed, this one cannot breed" because it could be seen as a "job"
@CitrusHeart I really like those ideas actually. Job and skill types sound brilliant.

Someone also mentioned The idea of elders as well.
@CitrusHeart I really like those ideas actually. Job and skill types sound brilliant.

Someone also mentioned The idea of elders as well.
@BrokenGlass Or we could do that in reverse order and watch the "too many dragons" sort itself out once the "too few people" stops being a thing. No one's going to argue that open registration isn't going to do good things for the market, but until the site's stable enough for that, reducing dragons entering the pool isn't going to do anything. And nothing is going to bring back the days when an imperial with a single gene for 70k was a good price.

@NatsuTaka I'm concerned that your keyboard is malfunctioning; your period key doesn't seem to work. If I'm guessing correctly at where your sentences end, you seem to have misunderstood my argument regarding mass exalting. I am in no way trying to claim that anything will raise dragon prices across the board, nor do I really care if they go up or sit where they are forever. I'm just pointing out that with no lair space, exalting is the only demand on the dragon supply, and it should be made more attractive.
@BrokenGlass Or we could do that in reverse order and watch the "too many dragons" sort itself out once the "too few people" stops being a thing. No one's going to argue that open registration isn't going to do good things for the market, but until the site's stable enough for that, reducing dragons entering the pool isn't going to do anything. And nothing is going to bring back the days when an imperial with a single gene for 70k was a good price.

@NatsuTaka I'm concerned that your keyboard is malfunctioning; your period key doesn't seem to work. If I'm guessing correctly at where your sentences end, you seem to have misunderstood my argument regarding mass exalting. I am in no way trying to claim that anything will raise dragon prices across the board, nor do I really care if they go up or sit where they are forever. I'm just pointing out that with no lair space, exalting is the only demand on the dragon supply, and it should be made more attractive.
This is why I posted this. Because something needs to be done maybe many somethings. And I wasn't sure how or what. I'm super, super happy people are responding with some good ideas.

I just feel frustrated. You know?
This is why I posted this. Because something needs to be done maybe many somethings. And I wasn't sure how or what. I'm super, super happy people are responding with some good ideas.

I just feel frustrated. You know?
@confectionary i appreciate the the clarification, but clearly mass exalting in addition to the everyday normal exalting and thee exalting because of no space is STILL not helping

@citrusheart i agree with that as well i think multiple things need to be implemented so as to make dragons less...(i cannot think of a valid word just now i ill come back to this...maybe) limiting breeding if a dragon has a job such as foraging or collecting or coli-ing would be another valuable way to limit the amount of eggs allowed into the system at a time if and when the admin chose to implement jobs...which..at this point doesn't look like something that will happen within a proper amount of time. (i.e the crafting system they have been waving around for...a year now?)
@confectionary i appreciate the the clarification, but clearly mass exalting in addition to the everyday normal exalting and thee exalting because of no space is STILL not helping

@citrusheart i agree with that as well i think multiple things need to be implemented so as to make dragons less...(i cannot think of a valid word just now i ill come back to this...maybe) limiting breeding if a dragon has a job such as foraging or collecting or coli-ing would be another valuable way to limit the amount of eggs allowed into the system at a time if and when the admin chose to implement jobs...which..at this point doesn't look like something that will happen within a proper amount of time. (i.e the crafting system they have been waving around for...a year now?)
Always buying MC currency echo me on MC as natsutaka to sell

[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/c716dd18c34f61b7e531700fd[/img]
@BrokenGlass

Another big issue has nothing to do with the user base but the actual admins NOT LOOKING AT THE SUGGESTIONS!

It takes them FOREVER to even acknowledge a suggestion and when they do it in the newsletter. The admins don't even come into the suggestion forum and acknowledge they've read the thread and put in their two cents. Maybe we should ping them.

We all understand that they're people and have lives and that the team behind the site is small, but some acknowledgment and feedback is much appreciated.
@BrokenGlass

Another big issue has nothing to do with the user base but the actual admins NOT LOOKING AT THE SUGGESTIONS!

It takes them FOREVER to even acknowledge a suggestion and when they do it in the newsletter. The admins don't even come into the suggestion forum and acknowledge they've read the thread and put in their two cents. Maybe we should ping them.

We all understand that they're people and have lives and that the team behind the site is small, but some acknowledgment and feedback is much appreciated.
I have a small...... idea, kinda? Maybe... as I know that dragons are practically agegless....... what aobut putting an AGE on adult dragons? The adults have a limited number of times to breed perhaps, say.:
Dragon A was hatched today, They have X number of times they can breed before they are 'maxed out' in a sense?

The number of "pretty" dragons that are out there, (trust me I have done all the searching possible for X possible breeds with genes and what have you) is a bit overwhelming. I understand that we all want to breed and share our dragons with others (isn't that why we have the lair so others can LOOK at our lairs and go "Oh, that is a pretty pair, maybe I should ask them if they can breed this pair one day?" I don't know, maybe a thought?

I also agree with the small suggestion of finding a way to increase exalting.
I have a small...... idea, kinda? Maybe... as I know that dragons are practically agegless....... what aobut putting an AGE on adult dragons? The adults have a limited number of times to breed perhaps, say.:
Dragon A was hatched today, They have X number of times they can breed before they are 'maxed out' in a sense?

The number of "pretty" dragons that are out there, (trust me I have done all the searching possible for X possible breeds with genes and what have you) is a bit overwhelming. I understand that we all want to breed and share our dragons with others (isn't that why we have the lair so others can LOOK at our lairs and go "Oh, that is a pretty pair, maybe I should ask them if they can breed this pair one day?" I don't know, maybe a thought?

I also agree with the small suggestion of finding a way to increase exalting.
fAtGWhQ.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22