Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol 7
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Quote:
@Shara, the first Words on the Wind was before the sticky in Flight Rising Discussion, which has become a pipeline to the Admin for the players. That said, I want to thank you for your feedback and it is something we will keep in mind for future editions.

@Aequorin, @Undel, I don't understand. People are voicing that they don't like the changes. We want you to address OUR questions like you originally promised us. You set up WotW for us, not for you to change on a whim and turn it into whatever you feel like.

You made Words on the Wind when the users were getting frustrated at the lack of updates and you guys posting updates everywhere. You were posting on Facebook, Tumblr, answering individual threads, and not the news. Everyone wasn't getting the information because you were so selective with where you placed things. Someone is asking a question, someone else has to come along and answer "Oh, they fixed this, check page 18 of this thread where Undel said ..."

Watching Words on the Wind change has been very frustrating. Our semi-regular update started skipping months. Then it became a place where you summed up the news and Aequorin posted about stuff she liked, which wasn't reflecting what the community wanted at all. You guys don't make frequent news updates -- there's no need to remind us what happened this month because we can look at the last two or three posts and know. Now it feels like you're withholding information that should have been in the news and posting it here. That's not what we want.

This was supposed to be our central location. Words on the Wind was for us, not the staff. It's not a fun little newsletter for you to make about what you feel like talking about... Well, yes, it is going to be about what you feel like talking about, but you're supposed to be taking cues from us and what we're concerned about. It's the job of the community manager to know what's going on in the community and what we want to know about.

Please, PLEASE listen to the users who are telling you what they want in a civil manner. People on this thread are being polite and giving friendly advice concerning the community. It feels like you guys won't do anything until there's a big poop-nado offsite and on various drama tumblr blogs. Please take us seriously now and not when you're under attack from less kind players.
Quote:
@Shara, the first Words on the Wind was before the sticky in Flight Rising Discussion, which has become a pipeline to the Admin for the players. That said, I want to thank you for your feedback and it is something we will keep in mind for future editions.

@Aequorin, @Undel, I don't understand. People are voicing that they don't like the changes. We want you to address OUR questions like you originally promised us. You set up WotW for us, not for you to change on a whim and turn it into whatever you feel like.

You made Words on the Wind when the users were getting frustrated at the lack of updates and you guys posting updates everywhere. You were posting on Facebook, Tumblr, answering individual threads, and not the news. Everyone wasn't getting the information because you were so selective with where you placed things. Someone is asking a question, someone else has to come along and answer "Oh, they fixed this, check page 18 of this thread where Undel said ..."

Watching Words on the Wind change has been very frustrating. Our semi-regular update started skipping months. Then it became a place where you summed up the news and Aequorin posted about stuff she liked, which wasn't reflecting what the community wanted at all. You guys don't make frequent news updates -- there's no need to remind us what happened this month because we can look at the last two or three posts and know. Now it feels like you're withholding information that should have been in the news and posting it here. That's not what we want.

This was supposed to be our central location. Words on the Wind was for us, not the staff. It's not a fun little newsletter for you to make about what you feel like talking about... Well, yes, it is going to be about what you feel like talking about, but you're supposed to be taking cues from us and what we're concerned about. It's the job of the community manager to know what's going on in the community and what we want to know about.

Please, PLEASE listen to the users who are telling you what they want in a civil manner. People on this thread are being polite and giving friendly advice concerning the community. It feels like you guys won't do anything until there's a big poop-nado offsite and on various drama tumblr blogs. Please take us seriously now and not when you're under attack from less kind players.
U58SZuw.png
THANK YOU KINDLY,

*FIST*
THANK YOU KINDLY,

*FIST*
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-09-02 06:59:45"][quote name="Shara" date="2014-09-02 06:31:44"]I would much prefer the original way of doing WotW instead of this watered-down version. A lot of concerns are voiced but never answered, if we bring them up in the forums here or on other sites they just...get brushed aside it feels like. It's discouraging to say the least and very frustrating when we ask so many questions and get basically nothing or stuff we already know. But I guess yay for the penny jars being back and good luck to anyone entering the contest.[/quote] @Shara, the first [i]Words on the Wind[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=1028094&p=mb]was before the sticky[/url] in Flight Rising Discussion, which has become a pipeline to the Admin for the players. That said, I want to thank you for your feedback and it is something we will keep in mind for future editions. [i]Words on the Wind[/i] is discussed among all of the staff of [i]Flight Rising[/i]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=ann&id=1148617&p=mb]As we stated in July's edition[/url], some months will be more community spotlights when there is no new information on certain topics. Or some topics (such as this month) may have a solution in place to address them rather than a talking point. [br][br] [quote name="Reign" date="2014-09-02 06:34:19"][center][quote]Words on the Wind, Vol 8 will be released in early October 2014 due to scheduling conflicts.[/quote] Clarification? Will there be other news posts every day in September, causing a scheduling conflict? How can there be a scheduling conflict every single day for the next month?[/center][/quote] @Reign, to put it simply - my wedding and honeymoon are at the end of September and I will not be around to manage it. The Admin team approved this change in the schedule, and this will move [i]Words[/i] from being at the end of the month to the beginning of the month.[/quote] @Aequorin - First I want to say thank you for responding to my post, I appreciate that. I would still prefer the WotW like it was when it first came out however. And the Sticky, while informative most of the time, I've seen has a habit of being kind of glossed over, where some questions will be answered and others ignored, so that's a little discouraging when we want to ask things, you know? And second, congratulations on the wedding! I hope it is wonderful for you you deserve to have a great time on your honeymoon! (I'm not sure you needed to hide that behind the vague "schedule conflicts" thing, I'm sure we're all happy for you and wish you the best!^^)
Aequorin wrote on 2014-09-02 06:59:45:
Shara wrote on 2014-09-02 06:31:44:
I would much prefer the original way of doing WotW instead of this watered-down version. A lot of concerns are voiced but never answered, if we bring them up in the forums here or on other sites they just...get brushed aside it feels like.

It's discouraging to say the least and very frustrating when we ask so many questions and get basically nothing or stuff we already know.

But I guess yay for the penny jars being back and good luck to anyone entering the contest.

Words on the Wind is discussed among all of the staff of Flight Rising. As we stated in July's edition, some months will be more community spotlights when there is no new information on certain topics. Or some topics (such as this month) may have a solution in place to address them rather than a talking point.

Reign wrote on 2014-09-02 06:34:19:
Quote:
Words on the Wind, Vol 8 will be released in early October 2014 due to scheduling conflicts.

Clarification? Will there be other news posts every day in September, causing a scheduling conflict? How can there be a scheduling conflict every single day for the next month?

@Reign, to put it simply - my wedding and honeymoon are at the end of September and I will not be around to manage it. The Admin team approved this change in the schedule, and this will move Words from being at the end of the month to the beginning of the month.

@Aequorin - First I want to say thank you for responding to my post, I appreciate that. I would still prefer the WotW like it was when it first came out however. And the Sticky, while informative most of the time, I've seen has a habit of being kind of glossed over, where some questions will be answered and others ignored, so that's a little discouraging when we want to ask things, you know?

And second, congratulations on the wedding! I hope it is wonderful for you you deserve to have a great time on your honeymoon! (I'm not sure you needed to hide that behind the vague "schedule conflicts" thing, I'm sure we're all happy for you and wish you the best!^^)
My Art Shop (CLOSED for now)
I don't know if it's worth mentioning here, but ever since the Penny Jar trade was put back into the game I haven't gotten a single one. 45 digging turns, 0 Penny Jars, whereas I used to dig up on average 6-8 a day. Frankly, I'd rather have the trade removed again and dig up more Penny Jars.
I don't know if it's worth mentioning here, but ever since the Penny Jar trade was put back into the game I haven't gotten a single one. 45 digging turns, 0 Penny Jars, whereas I used to dig up on average 6-8 a day. Frankly, I'd rather have the trade removed again and dig up more Penny Jars.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
I'm scared ;-; the parasites were made the day my hatchlings were able to hatch. They're really pretty and I'd rather not have them die right after I breed them to make more that'll die. Maybe some can join in for this while some who don't want to don't? Because it scares me a ton...
I'm scared ;-; the parasites were made the day my hatchlings were able to hatch. They're really pretty and I'd rather not have them die right after I breed them to make more that'll die. Maybe some can join in for this while some who don't want to don't? Because it scares me a ton...
@Metagiga Did you read the link?

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=975754&page=1

It's a forum game. You don't have to play it.
@Metagiga Did you read the link?

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=975754&page=1

It's a forum game. You don't have to play it.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
@Epsereth

I read it. I just thought that it was made official by everyone because it sounded fun to do. Thanks for the clarification ;w;
@Epsereth

I read it. I just thought that it was made official by everyone because it sounded fun to do. Thanks for the clarification ;w;
[quote]@Aequorin - First I want to say thank you for responding to my post, I appreciate that. I would still prefer the WotW like it was when it first came out however. And the Sticky, while informative most of the time, I've seen has a habit of being kind of glossed over, where some questions will be answered and others ignored, so that's a little discouraging when we want to ask things, you know?[/quote] The 'glossed over' issue is why I would also prefer the original WotW format in addition to the stickied thread. Not every question gets answered (for whatever reason, we understand you're busy) and it has a lot of replies. Not everyone reads everything before posting. It might be nice to highlight the most frequently asked questions or possibly even suggestions?
Quote:
@Aequorin - First I want to say thank you for responding to my post, I appreciate that. I would still prefer the WotW like it was when it first came out however. And the Sticky, while informative most of the time, I've seen has a habit of being kind of glossed over, where some questions will be answered and others ignored, so that's a little discouraging when we want to ask things, you know?

The 'glossed over' issue is why I would also prefer the original WotW format in addition to the stickied thread. Not every question gets answered (for whatever reason, we understand you're busy) and it has a lot of replies. Not everyone reads everything before posting. It might be nice to highlight the most frequently asked questions or possibly even suggestions?
U58SZuw.png
[quote name="Shara" date="2014-09-03 04:40:29"] @Aequorin - First I want to say thank you for responding to my post, I appreciate that. I would still prefer the WotW like it was when it first came out however. And the Sticky, while informative most of the time, I've seen has a habit of being kind of glossed over, where some questions will be answered and others ignored, so that's a little discouraging when we want to ask things, you know? And second, congratulations on the wedding! I hope it is wonderful for you you deserve to have a great time on your honeymoon! (I'm not sure you needed to hide that behind the vague "schedule conflicts" thing, I'm sure we're all happy for you and wish you the best!^^)[/quote] @Shara, regarding your first point, sometimes there really just isn't any new information to provide. It isn't to slight the player base but I appreciate how it can feel that way. When we have new information to provide, we will. Don't take that to mean don't ask! It's how we know what your concerns are. If we don't know, we can't discuss/think about it and how to address them. I guarantee that we are paying attention and listening, even if we can't answer right away. On the second: Thank you! It's very exciting and we're leaving for our honeymoon the morning after the wedding. Hawaii! We chose "scheduling conflicts" because as a front page official post, we felt that it didn't belong in there; however, if someone asked, we were more than okay with answering why. This actually provided us an opportunity to change the scheduling of [i]Words on the Wind[/i] from the end of the month to the beginning of the month.
Shara wrote on 2014-09-03 04:40:29:

And second, congratulations on the wedding! I hope it is wonderful for you you deserve to have a great time on your honeymoon! (I'm not sure you needed to hide that behind the vague "schedule conflicts" thing, I'm sure we're all happy for you and wish you the best!^^)

@Shara, regarding your first point, sometimes there really just isn't any new information to provide. It isn't to slight the player base but I appreciate how it can feel that way. When we have new information to provide, we will. Don't take that to mean don't ask! It's how we know what your concerns are. If we don't know, we can't discuss/think about it and how to address them. I guarantee that we are paying attention and listening, even if we can't answer right away.

On the second: Thank you! It's very exciting and we're leaving for our honeymoon the morning after the wedding. Hawaii! We chose "scheduling conflicts" because as a front page official post, we felt that it didn't belong in there; however, if someone asked, we were more than okay with answering why. This actually provided us an opportunity to change the scheduling of Words on the Wind from the end of the month to the beginning of the month.
yay for updates, and U so have the worst timing ever, I sold like 12-15 stacks of broken jars right before the update ;-;
yay for updates, and U so have the worst timing ever, I sold like 12-15 stacks of broken jars right before the update ;-;
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18