Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Community
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18

I'm torn about this really ,but I can absolutely not by all means, no way possible, have my money go to someone who supports transphobia. Who actually hates me for who I am.

Meanwhile I still love FR ... And I can see why getting him back is the best option for the site so I guess I'll have to roll with it. I'll see how this site fairs and what the future brings.

I might have missed all the jazz but you&#039;re right, people are open and welcoming and his visions are clearly not shared, so I do feel safe here. <3

I&#039;m torn about this really ,but I can absolutely not by all means, no way possible, have my money go to someone who supports transphobia. Who actually hates me for who I am.

Meanwhile I still love FR ... And I can see why getting him back is the best option for the site so I guess I&#039;ll have to roll with it. I&#039;ll see how this site fairs and what the future brings.

I might have missed all the jazz but you&#039;re right, people are open and welcoming and his visions are clearly not shared, so I do feel safe here. <3
@Mushalor I don&#039;t think you are understanding my point here. I also disagree with many of the things Thrage have said, and the fact that he stated them, but thousands of other people also have the same opinion, and its something that one has to deal with. And you&#039;re taking it out on ONE guy, which is hardly fair.

Saying, &#039;I don&#039;t care if he&#039;s still a person, or still has feelings,&#039; is really mean. I don&#039;t think he intentionally wanted to hurt anyone. The reason I called you &#039;Ignorant&#039; is the fact that you aren&#039;t forgiving and forgetting. He now regrets what he had said, he stepped down, he did some action. You don&#039;t have to support him at all, but at least open your eyes and see that some action has been taken.
@Mushalor I don&#039;t think you are understanding my point here. I also disagree with many of the things Thrage have said, and the fact that he stated them, but thousands of other people also have the same opinion, and its something that one has to deal with. And you&#039;re taking it out on ONE guy, which is hardly fair.

Saying, &#039;I don&#039;t care if he&#039;s still a person, or still has feelings,&#039; is really mean. I don&#039;t think he intentionally wanted to hurt anyone. The reason I called you &#039;Ignorant&#039; is the fact that you aren&#039;t forgiving and forgetting. He now regrets what he had said, he stepped down, he did some action. You don&#039;t have to support him at all, but at least open your eyes and see that some action has been taken.
@Konakuer "What I&#039;ve learned is, if you don&#039;t want to get hurt/offended, when you look at something that may do it, just go away."
Except that transphobia is literally everywhere and impossible to avoid.

Also what the heck do you even mean by "officially" true? Who decides people&#039;s identity? Surely not you.
@Konakuer "What I&#039;ve learned is, if you don&#039;t want to get hurt/offended, when you look at something that may do it, just go away."
Except that transphobia is literally everywhere and impossible to avoid.

Also what the heck do you even mean by "officially" true? Who decides people&#039;s identity? Surely not you.
While I&#039;ve opted not to voice my opinion on the matter, I&#039;m glad to see that hopefully business will continue as normal from here on and we all can get back into enjoying all the reasons we&#039;re here in the first place :)
While I&#039;ve opted not to voice my opinion on the matter, I&#039;m glad to see that hopefully business will continue as normal from here on and we all can get back into enjoying all the reasons we&#039;re here in the first place :)
[quote name="Mushalor" date="2013-07-19 13:53:19" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=609580#609742"]I appreciate your forthright honesty, the difficulty with so few admins in trying to sort this mess out, etcetera. But what happened to his not being in ANY WAY associated with the site after his resignation, as per his own statements? This is distressing and disappointing. You are still going to be paying his salary, he is still a contribution to the site, regardless of if he's lost his administrative status. Being a part of the site in the way he is--and your allowing it--DOES NOT CHANGE THAT YOU VALIDATE HIS OPINIONS AND WHAT HE HAS DONE. It's completely unacceptable and I don't really know what else to say right now.[/quote] This is a much better articulation of what I had to say. I'm disappointed beyond words that you are [b]GOING BACK ON YOUR WORD[/b] to remove Thrage from a position of power on this site.
I appreciate your forthright honesty, the difficulty with so few admins in trying to sort this mess out, etcetera.

But what happened to his not being in ANY WAY associated with the site after his resignation, as per his own statements?

This is distressing and disappointing. You are still going to be paying his salary, he is still a contribution to the site, regardless of if he&#039;s lost his administrative status.

Being a part of the site in the way he is--and your allowing it--DOES NOT CHANGE THAT YOU VALIDATE HIS OPINIONS AND WHAT HE HAS DONE. It&#039;s completely unacceptable and I don&#039;t really know what else to say right now.

This is a much better articulation of what I had to say. I&#039;m disappointed beyond words that you are GOING BACK ON YOUR WORD to remove Thrage from a position of power on this site.
4btp6NF.png Rule #1 of the Arcane Hunger Games: Don't Fall In Love
they/them/their
People, please keep in mind that when you&#039;re not buying gems or whitelisting FR in Adblocker it hurts all the (hard working) admins, coders and artists of Flight Rising...
People, please keep in mind that when you&#039;re not buying gems or whitelisting FR in Adblocker it hurts all the (hard working) admins, coders and artists of Flight Rising...
Thank you FR staff, for trying to make this a place we can all feel welcome.

Everyone else: We are all allowed to have our opinions. But don&#039;t turn it into a fight, especially here. If you don&#039;t like what they did, you don&#039;t have to stay. The choice to stay or leave is COMPLETELY yours. If you do agree with what they did, say thank you and leave it at that. All the nasty comments I&#039;ve been seeing really won&#039;t help anything.
Thank you FR staff, for trying to make this a place we can all feel welcome.

Everyone else: We are all allowed to have our opinions. But don&#039;t turn it into a fight, especially here. If you don&#039;t like what they did, you don&#039;t have to stay. The choice to stay or leave is COMPLETELY yours. If you do agree with what they did, say thank you and leave it at that. All the nasty comments I&#039;ve been seeing really won&#039;t help anything.
I am incredibly impressed with the relatively quick response time and professionalism of the other admins, despite the heavy load that has been on them since the site opened. Thank you, @Akiri, @Undel, for everything.

I&#039;m just not certain I can support the site when we are asked to compromise on something that we should not have to. It&#039;s not even "just" the transphobic "opinions" that someone "dug up" because they "obviously had a grudge". It&#039;s the fact that this is also a person who is going to be coding our games and joked about causing people very real harm.

I get it, okay, he is no doubt the best choice for finishing the projects he has going. If the site is intending to keep him until new coders can be found and introduced, that would be one thing. The way this announcement is worded implies that he is a permanent fixture. One that can&#039;t interact with the userbase, certainly, but one that still has a window to the users through his work.

He is a person, and I am not trying to paint him as evil here. Everyone starts off ignorant about something. I just don&#039;t think that this slap on the wrist is going to teach him all that much.

I am still evaluating whether I want to keep playing or not. I feel like I can trust the rest of the FR team to do right by the userbase, but I really just don&#039;t know how I feel past that.
I am incredibly impressed with the relatively quick response time and professionalism of the other admins, despite the heavy load that has been on them since the site opened. Thank you, @Akiri, @Undel, for everything.

I&#039;m just not certain I can support the site when we are asked to compromise on something that we should not have to. It&#039;s not even "just" the transphobic "opinions" that someone "dug up" because they "obviously had a grudge". It&#039;s the fact that this is also a person who is going to be coding our games and joked about causing people very real harm.

I get it, okay, he is no doubt the best choice for finishing the projects he has going. If the site is intending to keep him until new coders can be found and introduced, that would be one thing. The way this announcement is worded implies that he is a permanent fixture. One that can&#039;t interact with the userbase, certainly, but one that still has a window to the users through his work.

He is a person, and I am not trying to paint him as evil here. Everyone starts off ignorant about something. I just don&#039;t think that this slap on the wrist is going to teach him all that much.

I am still evaluating whether I want to keep playing or not. I feel like I can trust the rest of the FR team to do right by the userbase, but I really just don&#039;t know how I feel past that.
Thank you, Akiri and Undel (and poor Xhaz!)

I&#039;ve been following the discussion, and I believe the admin team has made a very compromising choice on this matter. There is no excuse for people being hurt by his words, but forgiveness seems like a healthy option right now.

I hope things will start patching up with emotions and everything will settle down, I miss when the drama didn&#039;t have to result into personal attacks. It was comforting to know we we&#039;re complaining about the economy, lag, everything, instead of real feelings being thrown around.

>_<; I will support you guys thoroughly! -hug-
Thank you, Akiri and Undel (and poor Xhaz!)

I&#039;ve been following the discussion, and I believe the admin team has made a very compromising choice on this matter. There is no excuse for people being hurt by his words, but forgiveness seems like a healthy option right now.

I hope things will start patching up with emotions and everything will settle down, I miss when the drama didn&#039;t have to result into personal attacks. It was comforting to know we we&#039;re complaining about the economy, lag, everything, instead of real feelings being thrown around.

>_<; I will support you guys thoroughly! -hug-
3OlW6CM.png0pojNfB.png
@adachi - People get murdered for all sorts of beliefs! That is silly to equate what he said to inciting murder or violence.

It&#039;s like me saying that a Muslim person is also inciting violence because of the terrorist extremists in the world. It&#039;s a great way to jump to conclusions and ALSO justify me attacking innocent people for stating their beliefs.

His views were just that. Views. They may be hurtful but you guys are taking this too far and causing too much damage to the game by hunting down someone for something they said months before the game launched on their personal Facebook page.

I am not trying to be insensitive to the LGBT community. But I think this is going too far.

Honestly this &#039;on site&#039; protest crap is hurting the community. It&#039;s hurting the game. But all you care about is how a post that had to be dug up from months of facebook posts somehow hurt you. You don&#039;t care about what this is doing to the community, or the game, or how this is impacting the progress of Flight Rising as a whole. You completely ignore the context of Thrage&#039;s comments, how he constantly reiterated (even in those &#039;hateful&#039; comments) that he supports LGBT communities. You ignore the numerous facebook posts he made after and before that, in support of the LGBT community. Instead you are paralyzed with hatred over one simple post, again a post that had to be dug up.

If he had said those comments under Thrage, acting in an administrative position, then I would be very very upset. But he said those comments on his facebook, in relative privacy, never knowing those comments would be peer-reviewed by hundreds of angry LGBT individuals.

You really should look at things in context. Where, when, why, and what was said. Everything was OUTSIDE of FR, BEFORE FR. So to take this out on FR is destructive. This reaction of "FIRE HIM" is ridiculous. People have a right to their own views.

Way to hurt the game?
@adachi - People get murdered for all sorts of beliefs! That is silly to equate what he said to inciting murder or violence.

It&#039;s like me saying that a Muslim person is also inciting violence because of the terrorist extremists in the world. It&#039;s a great way to jump to conclusions and ALSO justify me attacking innocent people for stating their beliefs.

His views were just that. Views. They may be hurtful but you guys are taking this too far and causing too much damage to the game by hunting down someone for something they said months before the game launched on their personal Facebook page.

I am not trying to be insensitive to the LGBT community. But I think this is going too far.

Honestly this &#039;on site&#039; protest crap is hurting the community. It&#039;s hurting the game. But all you care about is how a post that had to be dug up from months of facebook posts somehow hurt you. You don&#039;t care about what this is doing to the community, or the game, or how this is impacting the progress of Flight Rising as a whole. You completely ignore the context of Thrage&#039;s comments, how he constantly reiterated (even in those &#039;hateful&#039; comments) that he supports LGBT communities. You ignore the numerous facebook posts he made after and before that, in support of the LGBT community. Instead you are paralyzed with hatred over one simple post, again a post that had to be dug up.

If he had said those comments under Thrage, acting in an administrative position, then I would be very very upset. But he said those comments on his facebook, in relative privacy, never knowing those comments would be peer-reviewed by hundreds of angry LGBT individuals.

You really should look at things in context. Where, when, why, and what was said. Everything was OUTSIDE of FR, BEFORE FR. So to take this out on FR is destructive. This reaction of "FIRE HIM" is ridiculous. People have a right to their own views.

Way to hurt the game?
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18