Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Decades? With an s?!
The fathoms have travelled for not just one, but multiple decades, out at sea, without finding out about the tidelord. Its been mentioned twice already so it's not a typo.

The implication for me is that either:

-The sea of a thousand currents (and by extension, the entire map) is planet-sized and there's only the known continents (potentially you could see light and arcane at the same time) (the outer ocean is smaller than the sea of a thousand currents)

-More likely, the fathoms have been exploring the oceans outside of Sornieth's chartered lands. I say this option is more likely because if they were travelling in the sea of a thousand currents, then they would surely have met another dragon who knew? Maybe everyone's hanging out in the one corner, but the sanctum and the keep are at opposite ends on the map so that's not very likely. (the sea of a thousand currents is smaller than the outer ocean)

Did this get anyone else thinking? Even if the existance of fathoms was common knowledge, the fact that they weren't even aware of the storm implies that they were VERY far away.

Edit after rereading merrigan's new downtime dialogue: She mentions that they VISITED several decades ago (presumably the sea of a thousand currents) and also that the fathoms have named generation after generation of wayfinders and circled the globe many times
The fathoms have travelled for not just one, but multiple decades, out at sea, without finding out about the tidelord. Its been mentioned twice already so it's not a typo.

The implication for me is that either:

-The sea of a thousand currents (and by extension, the entire map) is planet-sized and there's only the known continents (potentially you could see light and arcane at the same time) (the outer ocean is smaller than the sea of a thousand currents)

-More likely, the fathoms have been exploring the oceans outside of Sornieth's chartered lands. I say this option is more likely because if they were travelling in the sea of a thousand currents, then they would surely have met another dragon who knew? Maybe everyone's hanging out in the one corner, but the sanctum and the keep are at opposite ends on the map so that's not very likely. (the sea of a thousand currents is smaller than the outer ocean)

Did this get anyone else thinking? Even if the existance of fathoms was common knowledge, the fact that they weren't even aware of the storm implies that they were VERY far away.

Edit after rereading merrigan's new downtime dialogue: She mentions that they VISITED several decades ago (presumably the sea of a thousand currents) and also that the fathoms have named generation after generation of wayfinders and circled the globe many times
DBaZusI.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
That actually makes a lot of sense. Either that, or they were at such a depth that the storm did not affect them.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Either that, or they were at such a depth that the storm did not affect them.
Call me AKDG.
Dragon enthusiast (seriously, space dragons are my aesthetic)
Relentless proponent of STEM
FR+0
@AnakidaDragalaxy Good point. I assumed they were all on boats but some of them might be chilling out in the deep.
@AnakidaDragalaxy Good point. I assumed they were all on boats but some of them might be chilling out in the deep.
DBaZusI.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
honestly, I'm surprised that it's just decades. with dragons living on a much longer timescale than humans (being effectively immortal to old age), and how many generations have passed in-game since Tidelord's disappearance, I thought he might be gone for hundreds or thousands of years by now
honestly, I'm surprised that it's just decades. with dragons living on a much longer timescale than humans (being effectively immortal to old age), and how many generations have passed in-game since Tidelord's disappearance, I thought he might be gone for hundreds or thousands of years by now
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
@Achaius Now that you mention it, Wayfinder Merrigan may be referring to the decades that they have been the wayfinder or even the decades of their life, since he mentions the generations and generations of Wayfinders before them in the new downtime dialogue she has.

@Achaius Now that you mention it, Wayfinder Merrigan may be referring to the decades that they have been the wayfinder or even the decades of their life, since he mentions the generations and generations of Wayfinders before them in the new downtime dialogue she has.

DBaZusI.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
@minim

The update post says they were circumnavigating the globe, not in the Sea of A Thousand Currents.
@minim

The update post says they were circumnavigating the globe, not in the Sea of A Thousand Currents.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
I thought they just left the continent in search of new ones, since I imagine even if they weren’t in the sea of a thousand currents, word would spread that the Water Flight’s seers would’ve stopped seeing the future
I thought they just left the continent in search of new ones, since I imagine even if they weren’t in the sea of a thousand currents, word would spread that the Water Flight’s seers would’ve stopped seeing the future
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I also think they are referring to the second option. It is said that they sailed the whole (or nearly whole) globe, after all.
I also think they are referring to the second option. It is said that they sailed the whole (or nearly whole) globe, after all.
Please give a like if you Like!--->86520977.png96850041.png84977690.png
@TheLOAD I know. But I felt it was fair to propose that theoretically the sea of a thousand currents could still be most of the globe, even though it's not a snug-fit with the way the regions are represented in the map. The world map is obviously not to scale, its just an artistic representation of each region. The 'outer ocean' on a map would be weird if that was the case, but its just something fun to play around with, even though the rest-of-the-world exploration fits more snugly with lore.
@TheLOAD I know. But I felt it was fair to propose that theoretically the sea of a thousand currents could still be most of the globe, even though it's not a snug-fit with the way the regions are represented in the map. The world map is obviously not to scale, its just an artistic representation of each region. The 'outer ocean' on a map would be weird if that was the case, but its just something fun to play around with, even though the rest-of-the-world exploration fits more snugly with lore.
DBaZusI.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png