Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | story behind your username?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43
marinnetta is the japanese name of one of the bosses in Rune Factory 4! i picked up the username before her translation name (Marionetta, plus an o and minus one of the n's) was released. [img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120711011221/harvestmoonrunefactory/images/4/43/Marinnetta.png[/img] (this is marinnetta)
marinnetta is the japanese name of one of the bosses in Rune Factory 4! i picked up the username before her translation name (Marionetta, plus an o and minus one of the n's) was released.
Marinnetta.png
(this is marinnetta)
watched pacific rim, loved pacific rim, had to take jaeger.

i always get comments on how it must relate to eren jaeger... and while i do read snk and am a fan of it, my username is for my love of pacific rim first. :D
watched pacific rim, loved pacific rim, had to take jaeger.

i always get comments on how it must relate to eren jaeger... and while i do read snk and am a fan of it, my username is for my love of pacific rim first. :D
DLZZWCe.png
Its a character's name from a play that I love, Dog Sees God.
Its a character's name from a play that I love, Dog Sees God.
I needed a username for Minecraft, actually, and came up with AstroCorps, as in Space Corps, because space is cool, and the username can relate to a lot of things I like/imply certain things I'm a fan of without belonging exclusively to any of them.

And @Rako, I get that. There's a reason my first minecraft world is called Saccharomyces cerevisiae (which by now I can spell correctly on the first try), and it's not because it spawned me in a mushroom biome.
I needed a username for Minecraft, actually, and came up with AstroCorps, as in Space Corps, because space is cool, and the username can relate to a lot of things I like/imply certain things I'm a fan of without belonging exclusively to any of them.

And @Rako, I get that. There's a reason my first minecraft world is called Saccharomyces cerevisiae (which by now I can spell correctly on the first try), and it's not because it spawned me in a mushroom biome.
Occasional buyer of unwanted 6-digit dragons and old festival everythings.
All of my dragons without familiars are non-permadragons. Message me with an offer if one interests you!
I was around 10 I think and for this rpg (Lands of Evelon), I wanted a unique sounding username like a lot of the other people had. So I combined the name of a Pokemon, Rayquaza, with the Japanese word for dog and came up with "Rayinuya".

I still don't know what i was thinking then, but it just stuck with me over the years.
I was around 10 I think and for this rpg (Lands of Evelon), I wanted a unique sounding username like a lot of the other people had. So I combined the name of a Pokemon, Rayquaza, with the Japanese word for dog and came up with "Rayinuya".

I still don't know what i was thinking then, but it just stuck with me over the years.
Yx2Ix0W.gif
Mine is actually my TF-self's name. ^^;
Mine is actually my TF-self's name. ^^;
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
Nao isn't my real name, it's the name that I use on tumblr. It's the name of an OC that I made, which was an OC based on a character that I made on an MMORPG.
So really, it's all just it's based off a character that I had on an MMORPG.
'ms' was added because I don't think Nao is available, and I'll never find out because it's three letters.

Now, I kinda wanna change it to either Sugawara or Kokia.
Well, Tsukishima but that's taken, or Tsukki but that was taken by someone who apparently doesn't play anymore /muffled sobbing.
Nao isn't my real name, it's the name that I use on tumblr. It's the name of an OC that I made, which was an OC based on a character that I made on an MMORPG.
So really, it's all just it's based off a character that I had on an MMORPG.
'ms' was added because I don't think Nao is available, and I'll never find out because it's three letters.

Now, I kinda wanna change it to either Sugawara or Kokia.
Well, Tsukishima but that's taken, or Tsukki but that was taken by someone who apparently doesn't play anymore /muffled sobbing.

♠ she/her
♠ fr +3
♠ imp enthusiast
ylckxUv.png
Originally, my username was Sunadokei. Sunadokei means hourglass in Japanese, and it is also the title for one of my all-time favourite songs by L'Arc~en~Ciel. Eventually, I grew bored of the username and wanted something to match my many Harry Potter named dragons.

Slytherin and Ravenclaw were taken; I was discouraged. I cycled through names in the search function, hoping certain things I thought of weren't in use already.

I decided upon Hogwarts, as people can see. I was so 50/50 about capitalizing it lol.

I usually use my Sailor Moon OC as a username, but it's too darn long. This is the first site where I don't use it. I feel conflicted.
Originally, my username was Sunadokei. Sunadokei means hourglass in Japanese, and it is also the title for one of my all-time favourite songs by L'Arc~en~Ciel. Eventually, I grew bored of the username and wanted something to match my many Harry Potter named dragons.

Slytherin and Ravenclaw were taken; I was discouraged. I cycled through names in the search function, hoping certain things I thought of weren't in use already.

I decided upon Hogwarts, as people can see. I was so 50/50 about capitalizing it lol.

I usually use my Sailor Moon OC as a username, but it's too darn long. This is the first site where I don't use it. I feel conflicted.
A0swSVu.png
Sailor | 28 | They/She
7kf68Em.png
It's my name, well shortened from Theodore. I figured I'd snag the username before it got lost in new recruits for this site.
It's my name, well shortened from Theodore. I figured I'd snag the username before it got lost in new recruits for this site.
Well when I was self-studying Japanese in my spare time (practically skipping Geometry class to practice my Hiragana lol), I decided to find out what my name would be in Japanse.

Garry (my name) ==> Geri

"ki" is my favorite Japanese sound and way to write in both Hiragana and Katakana, therefore I decided to add ki onto my name to make it sound more interesting! Geriki!

It's pretty much my universal username now. Before this, it used to be Frawstie or Frawst, because my favorite element was Ice.
Well when I was self-studying Japanese in my spare time (practically skipping Geometry class to practice my Hiragana lol), I decided to find out what my name would be in Japanse.

Garry (my name) ==> Geri

"ki" is my favorite Japanese sound and way to write in both Hiragana and Katakana, therefore I decided to add ki onto my name to make it sound more interesting! Geriki!

It's pretty much my universal username now. Before this, it used to be Frawstie or Frawst, because my favorite element was Ice.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43