Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change shock switch 1m achievement
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
Support. I'd be more for simply tweaking Shock Switch's scoring system to be more balanced given the 1mil point mark, at least such that people playing on Hard can CONSISTENTLY prove to accomplish that within 15-20 minutes (without raising the blocks, at the game's normal speed)

Is it doable? Yes. Is it impossible? You may definitely say no. But is it too grindy, unfun, and (here's the caveat) can it be impossible for some folks? Very much yes. Whether it's due to personal issues (lack of grinding time, hating the game and now forced to sit there for multiple attempts of 40 min-1 hour), technical issues (internet, potato laptops, mobile-only users), physical issues (sight issues, migraine issues from staring at screens too long...I personally am facing finger dexterity issues to the point just holding/clicking my mouse is painful), any other issues others may be facing (executive function issues, ...).

I honestly fully support challenges and I understand these are meant to be long-term achievements, but having achievements that aren't cumulative and this much effort really turns players away. There are other achievements like this in the mix and should be rebalanced/relooked at, but I think Shock Switch is the biggest culprit at the moment.
Support. I'd be more for simply tweaking Shock Switch's scoring system to be more balanced given the 1mil point mark, at least such that people playing on Hard can CONSISTENTLY prove to accomplish that within 15-20 minutes (without raising the blocks, at the game's normal speed)

Is it doable? Yes. Is it impossible? You may definitely say no. But is it too grindy, unfun, and (here's the caveat) can it be impossible for some folks? Very much yes. Whether it's due to personal issues (lack of grinding time, hating the game and now forced to sit there for multiple attempts of 40 min-1 hour), technical issues (internet, potato laptops, mobile-only users), physical issues (sight issues, migraine issues from staring at screens too long...I personally am facing finger dexterity issues to the point just holding/clicking my mouse is painful), any other issues others may be facing (executive function issues, ...).

I honestly fully support challenges and I understand these are meant to be long-term achievements, but having achievements that aren't cumulative and this much effort really turns players away. There are other achievements like this in the mix and should be rebalanced/relooked at, but I think Shock Switch is the biggest culprit at the moment.
sgWnNRy.png Shroom | FR +15/16
> Avatar by Ekocoon #330303
> I don't mind pings

> Exalt Row / Sales Tab
> Stock The Pond
> Dragon Search
> Wishlist & FR Projects
__ tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Sapling Hub
Flag by Wakor
__ TzSdlFL.png _ dNCLmdm.png
Despite my disabilities, I have been able to figure out a way to do everything else on this site, including every other Fairgrounds game and Coli. Some of them took hours to find a way, but they were doable.

I can’t Shock Switch. Not even on Very Easy. The necessary hand-eye coordination AND the necessary tech requirements (perfect internet plus a sit-down computer with a keyboard or mouse) are way higher than everything else on the site and out of reach of many players who are disabled, ND, or students.

The most inaccessible feature on the site should not be paired with the most difficult achievement.

This is an achievement that was set up because the staff did not realize that for many players, it is flat-out unacheivable, and that needs to be fixed.
Despite my disabilities, I have been able to figure out a way to do everything else on this site, including every other Fairgrounds game and Coli. Some of them took hours to find a way, but they were doable.

I can’t Shock Switch. Not even on Very Easy. The necessary hand-eye coordination AND the necessary tech requirements (perfect internet plus a sit-down computer with a keyboard or mouse) are way higher than everything else on the site and out of reach of many players who are disabled, ND, or students.

The most inaccessible feature on the site should not be paired with the most difficult achievement.

This is an achievement that was set up because the staff did not realize that for many players, it is flat-out unacheivable, and that needs to be fixed.
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
Support. I don't mind some challenging achievements, but the point requirement is just way too much for nearly every user on the site.

Also, there's a difference between "takes a long time" and "challenging" too.
Support. I don't mind some challenging achievements, but the point requirement is just way too much for nearly every user on the site.

Also, there's a difference between "takes a long time" and "challenging" too.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
I'm iffy on this. On one hand, I think achievements with very difficult requirements are nice to have. On the other hand, this one feels so unfair by wanting you to marathon this fairgrounds game for well over an hour without letting your internet connection stutter or your computer fall asleep. Yesterday I played for 25 minutes, got 370k points, and failed because I lost my concentration for a few too many seconds. That stung! But, maybe that's the point. Maybe it's a skill issue. I'm not sure.
I'm iffy on this. On one hand, I think achievements with very difficult requirements are nice to have. On the other hand, this one feels so unfair by wanting you to marathon this fairgrounds game for well over an hour without letting your internet connection stutter or your computer fall asleep. Yesterday I played for 25 minutes, got 370k points, and failed because I lost my concentration for a few too many seconds. That stung! But, maybe that's the point. Maybe it's a skill issue. I'm not sure.
pigeon sitting (link)pigeon sitting (link)puffy brown dove (link)very flat pigeon (link)
genderqueer
asexual
she/her
ADHD
Canadian
FR Time +4
I think it should be changed to cumulative instead. There's nothing wrong with difficult achievements, and I think getting 1 million points would be a challenge, but it's absurd that you need to get 1 million points in one sitting in order to get the achievement as it is. Making it cumulative instead would be a good long-term goal that does not require you to sink an hour or more to get one achievement that does not pay much in comparison.

I'm worried that lowering the requirement will mess up the system, but I'm sure there are people here that know better than me who think otherwise.
I think it should be changed to cumulative instead. There's nothing wrong with difficult achievements, and I think getting 1 million points would be a challenge, but it's absurd that you need to get 1 million points in one sitting in order to get the achievement as it is. Making it cumulative instead would be a good long-term goal that does not require you to sink an hour or more to get one achievement that does not pay much in comparison.

I'm worried that lowering the requirement will mess up the system, but I'm sure there are people here that know better than me who think otherwise.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Support.

The biggest component of this achievement is time more than skill. I do not want to think that the devs intended there to be any achievements that take more than an hour of nonstop gameplay to manage and that's where this falls.

It's totally doable, but people who lack the time, internet connection, or physical ability are prevented from completing it.
Support.

The biggest component of this achievement is time more than skill. I do not want to think that the devs intended there to be any achievements that take more than an hour of nonstop gameplay to manage and that's where this falls.

It's totally doable, but people who lack the time, internet connection, or physical ability are prevented from completing it.
Support. This achievement really stood out to me more than pretty much any other achievement for the games section, as most give users the option to do things slowly over time. There are a few skill-based achievements, but none require the time commitment in one sitting that Shock Switch does. [quote name="MaplesHaiku" date="2023-06-10 07:02:46" ] I think it should be changed to cumulative instead. There's nothing wrong with difficult achievements, and I think getting 1 million points would be a challenge, but it's absurd that you need to get 1 million points in one sitting in order to get the achievement as it is. Making it cumulative instead would be a good long-term goal that does not require you to sink an hour or more to get one achievement that does not pay much in comparison. I'm worried that lowering the requirement will mess up the system, but I'm sure there are people here that know better than me who think otherwise. [/quote] I really like the idea of making this cumulative instead of requiring the score for a single game. That way the total play time would ultimately be the same, but it wouldn’t rely on a user doing it all at once.
Support. This achievement really stood out to me more than pretty much any other achievement for the games section, as most give users the option to do things slowly over time. There are a few skill-based achievements, but none require the time commitment in one sitting that Shock Switch does.

MaplesHaiku wrote on 2023-06-10 07:02:46:

I really like the idea of making this cumulative instead of requiring the score for a single game. That way the total play time would ultimately be the same, but it wouldn’t rely on a user doing it all at once.
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
Making the score cumulative would help significantly I think. That way it just becomes another one you can work towards a bit to here and there. I’m actually really surprised that this one requires you to get that score all at once.
Making the score cumulative would help significantly I think. That way it just becomes another one you can work towards a bit to here and there. I’m actually really surprised that this one requires you to get that score all at once.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
Complete support to either lowering to 500,000 or making it cumulative as I played on very hard and even getting to near 400,000 took 11 minutes.

Complete support to either lowering to 500,000 or making it cumulative as I played on very hard and even getting to near 400,000 took 11 minutes.

Support for making it cumulative. I just played to try it out, mostly just to get the 7 minutes achievement but I was able to keep going. But only a little bit after I hit 500k it was going too fast. it might not seem fast to others but I struggle to comprehend things when they're moving too quickly or I'm under pressure. I think it would be best, based on varying skill levels of players, to make it cumulative so it's feasible for anyone to get, but people who are better or can last longer can get it quicker.

If they want to keep it at reaching a certain score in one game it should be no higher than 500k in my opinion.
Support for making it cumulative. I just played to try it out, mostly just to get the 7 minutes achievement but I was able to keep going. But only a little bit after I hit 500k it was going too fast. it might not seem fast to others but I struggle to comprehend things when they're moving too quickly or I'm under pressure. I think it would be best, based on varying skill levels of players, to make it cumulative so it's feasible for anyone to get, but people who are better or can last longer can get it quicker.

If they want to keep it at reaching a certain score in one game it should be no higher than 500k in my opinion.
w2GVor2.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20