Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | silent upvotes
1 2
No support for the forums as a whole because I think the negatives (ie. less discussion) would outweigh the positives (ie. increased input from people who wouldn't normally comment).

However, I would absolutely support it for the apparel/gene/familiar suggestion threads if it wasn't too difficult to implement!
No support for the forums as a whole because I think the negatives (ie. less discussion) would outweigh the positives (ie. increased input from people who wouldn't normally comment).

However, I would absolutely support it for the apparel/gene/familiar suggestion threads if it wasn't too difficult to implement!
3UUXp8G.png
@/Mothscale On Wolvden the amount of votes for a suggestion is not public, only the dev see it. So you don't really have to worry about that! I absolutely would not be ok with public down/upvotes since myself I get very stressed out about that kind of stuff. My support was based with that in mind :) No passive agressive silent votes (since nobody sees them) and no passive agressive comments. This also prevents people from assuming a suggestion will pass because it's popular since... no one can see if it actually is popular or not. [quote]However, I would absolutely support it for the apparel/gene/familiar suggestion threads if it wasn't too difficult to implement![/quote] That would be the best since for genes/apparels/familiars the ideal for the site is that a lot of people like these and buy them.
@/Mothscale On Wolvden the amount of votes for a suggestion is not public, only the dev see it. So you don't really have to worry about that! I absolutely would not be ok with public down/upvotes since myself I get very stressed out about that kind of stuff. My support was based with that in mind :) No passive agressive silent votes (since nobody sees them) and no passive agressive comments.

This also prevents people from assuming a suggestion will pass because it's popular since... no one can see if it actually is popular or not.

Quote:

That would be the best since for genes/apparels/familiars the ideal for the site is that a lot of people like these and buy them.
My concern with this is that it would discourage discussions about the suggestion. Players would upvote and move one, without commenting. That's why comments simply stating support/no support are discouraged.
My concern with this is that it would discourage discussions about the suggestion. Players would upvote and move one, without commenting. That's why comments simply stating support/no support are discouraged.
[quote name="nekosysteme" date="2023-05-29 07:35:15" ] @/Mothscale On Wolvden the amount of votes for a suggestion is not public, only the dev see it. So you don't really have to worry about that! I absolutely would not be ok with public down/upvotes since myself I get very stressed out about that kind of stuff. My support was based with that in mind :) No passive agressive silent votes (since nobody sees them) and no passive agressive comments. [/quote] Yeah no, that's what I'm talking about, though. I [i]want[/i] people to tell me if they feel a suggestion has problems— that's how discussion happens and how people can potentially reach compromise solutions or work out issues! On the other hand, if it's getting silently downvoted, I will literally never know and can never improve on anything or talk out issues with people.
nekosysteme wrote on 2023-05-29 07:35:15:
@/Mothscale On Wolvden the amount of votes for a suggestion is not public, only the dev see it. So you don't really have to worry about that! I absolutely would not be ok with public down/upvotes since myself I get very stressed out about that kind of stuff. My support was based with that in mind :) No passive agressive silent votes (since nobody sees them) and no passive agressive comments.

Yeah no, that's what I'm talking about, though. I want people to tell me if they feel a suggestion has problems— that's how discussion happens and how people can potentially reach compromise solutions or work out issues! On the other hand, if it's getting silently downvoted, I will literally never know and can never improve on anything or talk out issues with people.
@/Mothscale I agree with everything you say, discussion is important to find solutions! I just kinda hope it would be a way to cut down on the rude people who don't really want to find solutions and just want to be sarcastic/passive agressive on the forums. I thought this would solve it, but in no way I'd want it if it reduces the actual good discussion people have.
@/Mothscale I agree with everything you say, discussion is important to find solutions! I just kinda hope it would be a way to cut down on the rude people who don't really want to find solutions and just want to be sarcastic/passive agressive on the forums. I thought this would solve it, but in no way I'd want it if it reduces the actual good discussion people have.
[quote name="nekosysteme" date="2023-05-30 08:52:33" ] @/Mothscale I agree with everything you say, discussion is important to find solutions! I just kinda hope it would be a way to cut down on the rude people who don't really want to find solutions and just want to be sarcastic/passive agressive on the forums. I thought this would solve it, but in no way I'd want it if it reduces the actual good discussion people have. [/quote] I would assume the people who want to just be rude would do so and good conversation would actually happen less. Kind of like people are way more likely to leave negative reviews for shops and restaurants unless the service or whatever was absolutely excellent. Either way, I would maybe like to see a thing like this for the stickied threads? But probably not in general.
nekosysteme wrote on 2023-05-30 08:52:33:
I would assume the people who want to just be rude would do so and good conversation would actually happen less. Kind of like people are way more likely to leave negative reviews for shops and restaurants unless the service or whatever was absolutely excellent.

Either way, I would maybe like to see a thing like this for the stickied threads? But probably not in general.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2