Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is the Eyepocalypse?
1 2 3 4
As a fan of the podcast The Magnus Archives, the podcast has its own completely different thing also called the Eyepocalypse, and I constantly think of that when I read about FR's equivalent
As a fan of the podcast The Magnus Archives, the podcast has its own completely different thing also called the Eyepocalypse, and I constantly think of that when I read about FR's equivalent
Newmoon | She/her | FRT +17-19 (depending on daylight savings)

Fandergs | Wishlist

I made a cheap UMA! Click here to order it!
as a person who paid hundreds of gems for multigaze dragons that became worthless once the vials dropped and would sell off special eye fodder for a profit, i loved the vial update. the eye market was an inherently broken and mishandled system, and it was quite obvious the bubble would burst eventually, either through scattersights becoming too scarce and expensive to buy or sell at any dependable rate, or through the system being revamped, and im glad it was the latter. it wouldve been better if the vials were always there, but it wouldve been worse if the "second eyepocalypse" never happened.
edit: bad typo
as a person who paid hundreds of gems for multigaze dragons that became worthless once the vials dropped and would sell off special eye fodder for a profit, i loved the vial update. the eye market was an inherently broken and mishandled system, and it was quite obvious the bubble would burst eventually, either through scattersights becoming too scarce and expensive to buy or sell at any dependable rate, or through the system being revamped, and im glad it was the latter. it wouldve been better if the vials were always there, but it wouldve been worse if the "second eyepocalypse" never happened.
edit: bad typo
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
[quote name="NewmoonWasTaken" date="2023-05-28 15:11:20" ] As a fan of the podcast The Magnus Archives, the podcast has its own completely different thing also called the Eyepocalypse, and I constantly think of that when I read about FR's equivalent [/quote] ME TOO also I built my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/486208/1829416?name=&type=undefined]Magnus fandragons[/url] before the vials, and although I had to take what I could get by way of natural born primals and multigaze I had some amazing serendipity putting them together. the only exception is Rayner. he had to be vialled.
NewmoonWasTaken wrote on 2023-05-28 15:11:20:

ME TOO

also I built my Magnus fandragons before the vials, and although I had to take what I could get by way of natural born primals and multigaze I had some amazing serendipity putting them together.

the only exception is Rayner. he had to be vialled.
some sad british man gets chosen as an eldritch horror's special little guy, ends the world.
some sad british man gets chosen as an eldritch horror's special little guy, ends the world.
KdK3h1K.pnguJuXpVk.pngT2nbrk6.pngqYCod4C.pngWH26Bag.pngcedPG3i.pngtp1eAiM.png8KNFjaF.pngXRLXA9U.png7GFlGJN.png
HjHLEYt.png
glad to see how many of us had the same braincell :'

The flight rising one was when eyes initally changed, though. the only way to get another eye type at first was these scattersight vials which had /horrible/ RNG chances, and were a one-event-only sort of thing. it was awful :'
glad to see how many of us had the same braincell :'

The flight rising one was when eyes initally changed, though. the only way to get another eye type at first was these scattersight vials which had /horrible/ RNG chances, and were a one-event-only sort of thing. it was awful :'
KdK3h1K.pnguJuXpVk.pngT2nbrk6.pngqYCod4C.pngWH26Bag.pngcedPG3i.pngtp1eAiM.png8KNFjaF.pngXRLXA9U.png7GFlGJN.png
HjHLEYt.png
tbh I can understand why they implemented the short-term vial scattersight b/c i dont think it was every meant to be a playable mechanic for eye-projects but just an opportunity for the dragons who missed the eye type update to get a chance to experience it briefly. I bet they didn't expect there to be a market for it, one that became incredibly lucrative after a short period of time after the vials were retired forever.

I'm always on the fence about whether it was horrible or not bc i had tons of those vials and it was like I suddenly had 10mil worth of treasure and the game completely opened up for me in a way it never had before and never will again (bc I never have any money lol) Not only that but ppl who BOUGHT those vials also suddenly lost tons of treasure that was invested in previously high value projects bc they opened up the ability to purchase eye price at a lower type for everyone.

It was really a lose/lose situation for everyone, but it effected everyone different by personal playstyle so everyone has a differing opinion on it. Says something poignant about capitalism tho!
tbh I can understand why they implemented the short-term vial scattersight b/c i dont think it was every meant to be a playable mechanic for eye-projects but just an opportunity for the dragons who missed the eye type update to get a chance to experience it briefly. I bet they didn't expect there to be a market for it, one that became incredibly lucrative after a short period of time after the vials were retired forever.

I'm always on the fence about whether it was horrible or not bc i had tons of those vials and it was like I suddenly had 10mil worth of treasure and the game completely opened up for me in a way it never had before and never will again (bc I never have any money lol) Not only that but ppl who BOUGHT those vials also suddenly lost tons of treasure that was invested in previously high value projects bc they opened up the ability to purchase eye price at a lower type for everyone.

It was really a lose/lose situation for everyone, but it effected everyone different by personal playstyle so everyone has a differing opinion on it. Says something poignant about capitalism tho!
putting this here for spacing reasons
i cant figure how to get this image
centered thanks
Vnj3K4F.png

Hello!

Spaaaaaaaaaccccinnggggg
everytime im reminded of the Eyepocalypse i get so glad i wasnt playing during that era because i would have been TOXIC.

i like to think im a good person now but honestly if something as badly implemented as the eye types drops again while im as invested in my png dragons as ive ever been...woof

og ice eyes i miss you...
everytime im reminded of the Eyepocalypse i get so glad i wasnt playing during that era because i would have been TOXIC.

i like to think im a good person now but honestly if something as badly implemented as the eye types drops again while im as invested in my png dragons as ive ever been...woof

og ice eyes i miss you...
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
Ugh, bad memories. The Eyepocalypse and its time-limited, low-odds, pay-to-win lootboxes were so Bossawful I took a hiatus for about a year and stopped buying gems until the vials were released. To be honest, I don't even think of the vials as a second Eyepocalypse; I think of them as the Eyepology. =P
Ugh, bad memories. The Eyepocalypse and its time-limited, low-odds, pay-to-win lootboxes were so Bossawful I took a hiatus for about a year and stopped buying gems until the vials were released. To be honest, I don't even think of the vials as a second Eyepocalypse; I think of them as the Eyepology. =P
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
Tbh, I have a g1 lair and not that old of an account so the event name kinda flew over my head too! This is all very interesting :)
Tbh, I have a g1 lair and not that old of an account so the event name kinda flew over my head too! This is all very interesting :)
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yeah it didn't help that a majority of dragons have tiny eyes where you could barely see if there was any difference. :'''3
Yeah it didn't help that a majority of dragons have tiny eyes where you could barely see if there was any difference. :'''3
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
1 2 3 4