Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fest GENES?
1 2 3 4
[quote=Greenskeeper Gathering 2023][b]Ancient Tertiary Genes:[/b] Our themed items this year will be elemental-themed, line-breaking tertiary genes for our ancient dragons. These items will be available in Festive Favors, and like the scenes, will return to Festive Favors each subsequent festival.[/quote] WHAT I'm caught between "Oh cool yes new genes!!" and "Oh no I'm going to have to grind SO much fest currency to get a nigh-limitless supply of these genes [s]before they're retired forever[/s]" (turns out the genes will be returning- phew) What a way to start off the FR fest cycle. EDIT: And at long last, more site skins to look forward to each fest! Just 2 more, but it's a start.
Greenskeeper Gathering 2023 wrote:
Ancient Tertiary Genes:
Our themed items this year will be elemental-themed, line-breaking tertiary genes for our ancient dragons. These items will be available in Festive Favors, and like the scenes, will return to Festive Favors each subsequent festival.

WHAT

I'm caught between "Oh cool yes new genes!!" and "Oh no I'm going to have to grind SO much fest currency to get a nigh-limitless supply of these genes before they're retired forever" (turns out the genes will be returning- phew)

What a way to start off the FR fest cycle.

EDIT: And at long last, more site skins to look forward to each fest! Just 2 more, but it's a start.
15587.png szLFrpq.pngGjf5omr.png
JvUa9ma.pngWKtl2lb.png
UU9vIu2.pngxYQkuHQ.png
iJRr6Ic.pngrix3ppo.png
Some links above aren't working yet due
to being future projects! Stay tuned!
Losing my mind rn.. 11 new genes to look forwards to!!
Losing my mind rn.. 11 new genes to look forwards to!!
pOC43Zp.png
I hope that new genes will be for all ancients, not specific ones (for example, Fire gene is only for Banescales, or Shadow gene is only for Veilspuns and etc.)
I hope that new genes will be for all ancients, not specific ones (for example, Fire gene is only for Banescales, or Shadow gene is only for Veilspuns and etc.)
image.png
KNdRBxl.png
jA5A7gu.png
tyEuRXe.png
rI18gRz.png
agWlVws.png
Bt9KLea.png
kcbWnDp.png
mlHpBMC.png
mlSrRbK.png
WAkWK5y.png
SRsfBYm.png
qhK4FYS.png
3hKoziR.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
5hF3FGk.png
HZSRMw5.png
image.png
@VoidFren I think you overlooked a line- the genes are returning annually, during their festival. They aren't retiring.

(I'm torn between being excited for new stuff and concerned about the workload this might engender... a whole new gene, possibly for multiple breeds, every month? And they have to error-check all the colors too? Whoo boy)
@VoidFren I think you overlooked a line- the genes are returning annually, during their festival. They aren't retiring.

(I'm torn between being excited for new stuff and concerned about the workload this might engender... a whole new gene, possibly for multiple breeds, every month? And they have to error-check all the colors too? Whoo boy)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

@Renaiwom Oh thank goodness. I only have to grind my rear off for the spectacular apparel instead!
15587.png szLFrpq.pngGjf5omr.png
JvUa9ma.pngWKtl2lb.png
UU9vIu2.pngxYQkuHQ.png
iJRr6Ic.pngrix3ppo.png
Some links above aren't working yet due
to being future projects! Stay tuned!
It has definitely piqued my interest. I'm curious on what these Flight specific line breaking genes will look like, and if they will be available for all Ancients, not just specific ones.
It has definitely piqued my interest. I'm curious on what these Flight specific line breaking genes will look like, and if they will be available for all Ancients, not just specific ones.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
Wait, what?? What?? Whuuu? [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] That's certainly a way to find out about this development.. I wonder, are they going to be the standard x65 currency?
Wait, what??
What??
Whuuu?

That's certainly a way to find out about this development..
I wonder, are they going to be the standard x65 currency?
.TASTE_ THE_COLOURS.
Immensely excited for the genes ngl. Praying to apply to every ancient + upcoming ones! Don't care if each will cost x100 fest currency, I will grind till my wrists fall off!
Immensely excited for the genes ngl. Praying to apply to every ancient + upcoming ones! Don't care if each will cost x100 fest currency, I will grind till my wrists fall off!
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
I'd imagine just for sheer workload + number of items involved it would have to be just one gene for each elemental ancient - only banescales get fire gene etc.

Unless admins plan to completely revamp how ancient genes work and go from the current system to "modern gene x (can be applied to any modern)" + "ancient gene x (can be applied to any ancient)", which seems highly unlikely given the uneven numbers/staggered releases of parallel ancient genes, and (at least initially) ancient-exclusive genes...

We already have breed-exclusive ancient genes like most of the linebreaking terts. Could be possible element-exclusive could get expanded to include other breeds later, like how gaolers can have angler now. But I think it's still cool even if it's one gene one breed. Looking forward to it either way!
I'd imagine just for sheer workload + number of items involved it would have to be just one gene for each elemental ancient - only banescales get fire gene etc.

Unless admins plan to completely revamp how ancient genes work and go from the current system to "modern gene x (can be applied to any modern)" + "ancient gene x (can be applied to any ancient)", which seems highly unlikely given the uneven numbers/staggered releases of parallel ancient genes, and (at least initially) ancient-exclusive genes...

We already have breed-exclusive ancient genes like most of the linebreaking terts. Could be possible element-exclusive could get expanded to include other breeds later, like how gaolers can have angler now. But I think it's still cool even if it's one gene one breed. Looking forward to it either way!
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
I don't think the genes could be origin breed-exclusive - the next festival is Brighshine, and Light does not have an Ancient yet - we still have an unrevealed Ancient in Nature's second breed, and that will probably come out at the end of the year, given the fact that Lightning's livestreamed Ancient is coming out in late summer, so Light's Ancient can't be here in time. I do wonder which Ancients will get the Light gene in the mean time!

I do hope the staff doesn't crunch. I was super excited right away, but now I'm a bit worried, too. A gene a month, nevermind a linebreaker that works well with various Ancients' diverging morphologies, that's a tall order.
I don't think the genes could be origin breed-exclusive - the next festival is Brighshine, and Light does not have an Ancient yet - we still have an unrevealed Ancient in Nature's second breed, and that will probably come out at the end of the year, given the fact that Lightning's livestreamed Ancient is coming out in late summer, so Light's Ancient can't be here in time. I do wonder which Ancients will get the Light gene in the mean time!

I do hope the staff doesn't crunch. I was super excited right away, but now I'm a bit worried, too. A gene a month, nevermind a linebreaker that works well with various Ancients' diverging morphologies, that's a tall order.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
1 2 3 4