Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i just noticed
that player birthday isn't shown on your clan profile anymore :0 i'm assuming it was probably removed when the clan profile got updated ahaha. surprised i never noticed until now
that player birthday isn't shown on your clan profile anymore :0 i'm assuming it was probably removed when the clan profile got updated ahaha. surprised i never noticed until now
9LyXonv.png asher | he/him | fr+3
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

artshop
anathema
yeah, it wasnt something you could opt out of and it made a lot of people uncomfortable having that information there for everyone to see.
yeah, it wasnt something you could opt out of and it made a lot of people uncomfortable having that information there for everyone to see.
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
[quote name="corndog" date="2023-05-25 11:03:45" ] yeah, it wasnt something you could opt out of and it made a lot of people uncomfortable having that information there for everyone to see. [/quote] you actually could opt out by setting your account to Invisible under Account Settings. that was one of the only things that setting actually did, haha; think the only other one was prevent you from showing up in the Users Online list. it was never really explained anywhere though so i'm not surprised people didn't really know about it. but yep, birthday visibility gone. since some people would mention offhand their age or year they were born, the profile would let others know a complete birthdate, which both goes against site rules on personal information and isn't great for internet safety in general. i'm glad the option's gone entirely now.
corndog wrote on 2023-05-25 11:03:45:
you actually could opt out by setting your account to Invisible under Account Settings. that was one of the only things that setting actually did, haha; think the only other one was prevent you from showing up in the Users Online list. it was never really explained anywhere though so i'm not surprised people didn't really know about it.

but yep, birthday visibility gone. since some people would mention offhand their age or year they were born, the profile would let others know a complete birthdate, which both goes against site rules on personal information and isn't great for internet safety in general. i'm glad the option's gone entirely now.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
[quote name="After" date="2023-05-25 11:11:38" ] [quote name="corndog" date="2023-05-25 11:03:45" ] yeah, it wasnt something you could opt out of and it made a lot of people uncomfortable having that information there for everyone to see. [/quote] you actually could opt out by setting your account to Invisible under Account Settings. that was one of the only things that setting actually did, haha; think the only other one was prevent you from showing up in the Users Online list. it was never really explained anywhere though so i'm not surprised people didn't really know about it. but yep, birthday visibility gone. since some people would mention offhand their age or year they were born, the profile would let others know a complete birthdate, which both goes against site rules on personal information and isn't great for internet safety in general. i'm glad the option's gone entirely now. [/quote] Why this at all exist during registration?! It was enough have checkbox that you are above 13 years old. What for site ask birth date?
After wrote on 2023-05-25 11:11:38:
corndog wrote on 2023-05-25 11:03:45:
you actually could opt out by setting your account to Invisible under Account Settings. that was one of the only things that setting actually did, haha; think the only other one was prevent you from showing up in the Users Online list. it was never really explained anywhere though so i'm not surprised people didn't really know about it.

but yep, birthday visibility gone. since some people would mention offhand their age or year they were born, the profile would let others know a complete birthdate, which both goes against site rules on personal information and isn't great for internet safety in general. i'm glad the option's gone entirely now.
Why this at all exist during registration?! It was enough have checkbox that you are above 13 years old. What for site ask birth date?

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
@Alkhor my guess is as a way for staff to confirm your identity if you lose access to your account; part of why you have to give a name and why rule #1 under the Terms is a thing.

there could be other reasons related to data processing and liabilities and legalities of who's allowed to be online where, but i wouldn't know the details.
@Alkhor my guess is as a way for staff to confirm your identity if you lose access to your account; part of why you have to give a name and why rule #1 under the Terms is a thing.

there could be other reasons related to data processing and liabilities and legalities of who's allowed to be online where, but i wouldn't know the details.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.