Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | silent upvotes
1 2
basically a button you can click on suggestions that only the devs can see the tally of just to let them know which ideas are the most popular. It won't make anyone upset and what the devs do with the data is up to them. likes and dislikes the poster and the people viewing the thread wouldn't see it. The devs would get data and feelings would be spared. just because an idea is popular does not mean the devs will do it, it's just feedback for the devs to do with what they will and nothing more you can only do one upvote or cancel it with a downvote if you change your mind.
basically a button you can click on suggestions that only the devs can see the tally of just to let them know which ideas are the most popular. It won't make anyone upset and what the devs do with the data is up to them. likes and dislikes the poster and the people viewing the thread wouldn't see it. The devs would get data and feelings would be spared. just because an idea is popular does not mean the devs will do it, it's just feedback for the devs to do with what they will and nothing more you can only do one upvote or cancel it with a downvote if you change your mind.
i am not sure if this would be a good idea.

i think it would discourage actual discussion, because people could just press a button and move on rather than having to sit down and tell what is good or bad about the idea, why they find it useful or useless, and brainstorm for ideas for how to make it better. especially because suggestion forum's point is to discuss about ideas (this is why just commenting "support" is considered spam) rather than gauging the popularity of ideas.

also this could easily lead to popularity contests, people begging for upvotes for their ideas, and players assuming that lots of upvotes = idea that will be implemented.
i am not sure if this would be a good idea.

i think it would discourage actual discussion, because people could just press a button and move on rather than having to sit down and tell what is good or bad about the idea, why they find it useful or useless, and brainstorm for ideas for how to make it better. especially because suggestion forum's point is to discuss about ideas (this is why just commenting "support" is considered spam) rather than gauging the popularity of ideas.

also this could easily lead to popularity contests, people begging for upvotes for their ideas, and players assuming that lots of upvotes = idea that will be implemented.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
you could still add on and discuss but it would cut the support spam down if you could just click a button and begging for upvotes would be counterproductive since only the devs would be able to see the upvotes. just us giving an idea and commenting input with a tally for the devs to see and if they can or want to work with it
you could still add on and discuss but it would cut the support spam down if you could just click a button and begging for upvotes would be counterproductive since only the devs would be able to see the upvotes. just us giving an idea and commenting input with a tally for the devs to see and if they can or want to work with it
The devs have said more than once that they don't consider suggestions based on popularity, so I don't think this would be a useful feature to have.
The devs have said more than once that they don't consider suggestions based on popularity, so I don't think this would be a useful feature to have.
jt3PpxV.png Lorem.....

GuAY.png
fair enough figured it would help
fair enough figured it would help
no support - the point of this being in the forums is to sponsor discussion

even if you like an idea but don't have much to say, taking the time to actually interact with the post and go "hey this is cool i support this" shows a bit more enthusiasm for the idea than just being like -clicks an up arrow-

this isn't reddit
no support - the point of this being in the forums is to sponsor discussion

even if you like an idea but don't have much to say, taking the time to actually interact with the post and go "hey this is cool i support this" shows a bit more enthusiasm for the idea than just being like -clicks an up arrow-

this isn't reddit
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I feel this could have value and be a useful tool to measure potential backlash--or potential positive reception as well.
I feel this could have value and be a useful tool to measure potential backlash--or potential positive reception as well.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support. People are terrified of the suggestion forums, so it would let people who are scared of having an unpopular opinion be able to have a voice without fear of receving a weird passive agressive response.

It would also help clear out those very unpopular "name before exalt" thread. Instead of having a bunch of angry people respond to a newbie, they could just downvote and move on.
Support. People are terrified of the suggestion forums, so it would let people who are scared of having an unpopular opinion be able to have a voice without fear of receving a weird passive agressive response.

It would also help clear out those very unpopular "name before exalt" thread. Instead of having a bunch of angry people respond to a newbie, they could just downvote and move on.
Isn't silently downvoting way more passive aggressive and less helpful than explaining your perspective on the suggestion at hand…? It feels that way for me: I know I'd be way more freaked out knowing that people were silently judging my every comment, personally.

I'd go from no responses feeling like "eh, people were probably neutral about the suggestion overall" to "oh no, everyone hated it, but I don't know why or how to fix it." With solid negative feedback, I feel like I can understand what the problem areas were and I can work together with others to try to find solutions for those weak points, but if all negative feedback is suddenly silent and invisible, I just don't know and nothing will ever be offered up to help me.
Isn't silently downvoting way more passive aggressive and less helpful than explaining your perspective on the suggestion at hand…? It feels that way for me: I know I'd be way more freaked out knowing that people were silently judging my every comment, personally.

I'd go from no responses feeling like "eh, people were probably neutral about the suggestion overall" to "oh no, everyone hated it, but I don't know why or how to fix it." With solid negative feedback, I feel like I can understand what the problem areas were and I can work together with others to try to find solutions for those weak points, but if all negative feedback is suddenly silent and invisible, I just don't know and nothing will ever be offered up to help me.
No support, people should be explaining why they support or do not support suggestions.... and devs should continue to base their decisions on logic and how the site as a whole will be impacted... not on popularity.

Unfortunately, it has been shown time and time again that too many players support decisions that would negatively impact the site as a whole simply because it would benefit them as an individual.
No support, people should be explaining why they support or do not support suggestions.... and devs should continue to base their decisions on logic and how the site as a whole will be impacted... not on popularity.

Unfortunately, it has been shown time and time again that too many players support decisions that would negatively impact the site as a whole simply because it would benefit them as an individual.
ZQGfAQY.png
1 2