Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Exclusive Genes
1 2 3
@bulrush Oh of course! I was just thinking of the recent angler on gaoler thing and monarch on Banes and totally blanked on that
@bulrush Oh of course! I was just thinking of the recent angler on gaoler thing and monarch on Banes and totally blanked on that
j1xElnv.png
nKImE1S.png oSZeGPX.png
[quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2023-05-24 18:09:23" ] I personally prefer Rule of Cool and think that the idea of locking a specific gene set or tert to a specific Ancient breed (or just any breed in general) as a way to incentivize players to get a particular breed should be tossed out of the window. I want to make the coolest dragons possible, and I want to see how different dragons display different genes. [/quote] this is how I see it too! I just want cool dragons with cool terts
arcaneidolriots wrote on 2023-05-24 18:09:23:
I personally prefer Rule of Cool and think that the idea of locking a specific gene set or tert to a specific Ancient breed (or just any breed in general) as a way to incentivize players to get a particular breed should be tossed out of the window. I want to make the coolest dragons possible, and I want to see how different dragons display different genes.
this is how I see it too! I just want cool dragons with cool terts
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
[quote name="corndog" date="2023-05-24 18:01:20" ] i think ancients releasing with exclusive genes and then later giving those genes to other breeds is great symbolism for them coming out of hiding and becoming part of the world as a whole. [/quote] This ^^^ I like this [emoji=special eyes size=1]
corndog wrote on 2023-05-24 18:01:20:
i think ancients releasing with exclusive genes and then later giving those genes to other breeds is great symbolism for them coming out of hiding and becoming part of the world as a whole.

This ^^^
I like this
JNpe71y.png
[quote name="nerdyeldritch" date="2023-05-24 17:48:07" ] Is anyone else a little... non-surplussed that a lot of Breed Specific Ancient genes are no longer specific to the original breed?? Like that's part of what made them special imo. [/quote] YES.
nerdyeldritch wrote on 2023-05-24 17:48:07:
Is anyone else a little... non-surplussed that a lot of Breed Specific Ancient genes are no longer specific to the original breed?? Like that's part of what made them special imo.

YES.
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
I don't really like this either, especially when it feels like it should be exclusive characteristic of certain breed/species (and knowing they can only breed with the same), but knowing with Ancients you can only scry them (+ skins), I'm not surprised. At the end, it doesn't really matter *shrug*

(Also I love that flecks isn't Veil exclusive anymore lol)
(Edit: Skeletal is amazing it would love it in other breeds)
I don't really like this either, especially when it feels like it should be exclusive characteristic of certain breed/species (and knowing they can only breed with the same), but knowing with Ancients you can only scry them (+ skins), I'm not surprised. At the end, it doesn't really matter *shrug*

(Also I love that flecks isn't Veil exclusive anymore lol)
(Edit: Skeletal is amazing it would love it in other breeds)
banjo-again-100x100.png {BAZ Sales}
{Exalt Row}
{Free}
{Wishlist}

they/them
ESL | FR+4
... cheetah-icon.png
[center][quote name="DevilsNeverCry" date="2023-05-24 20:04:05" ] [quote name="corndog" date="2023-05-24 18:01:20" ] i think ancients releasing with exclusive genes and then later giving those genes to other breeds is great symbolism for them coming out of hiding and becoming part of the world as a whole. [/quote] This ^^^ I like this [emoji=special eyes size=1] [/quote] [emoji=banescale star size=2][/center]
DevilsNeverCry wrote on 2023-05-24 20:04:05:
corndog wrote on 2023-05-24 18:01:20:
i think ancients releasing with exclusive genes and then later giving those genes to other breeds is great symbolism for them coming out of hiding and becoming part of the world as a whole.

This ^^^
I like this
ZhydIqY.png
I think it's fine. I'm never going to be upset for having more gene options, or upset about a specific breed getting something before another when I know the staff and artists are working on making them available. It's pointless negative energy for myself, I think, nothing needs to be exclusive in my opinion.
I think it's fine. I'm never going to be upset for having more gene options, or upset about a specific breed getting something before another when I know the staff and artists are working on making them available. It's pointless negative energy for myself, I think, nothing needs to be exclusive in my opinion.
UwPE0Qp.png
i like having the options, so i'm personally fine with genes not being breed-specific

think i'd laugh if undertides and/or aethers got gliders though, kinda hope that doesn't become a parallel gene xD
i like having the options, so i'm personally fine with genes not being breed-specific

think i'd laugh if undertides and/or aethers got gliders though, kinda hope that doesn't become a parallel gene xD
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
SQVdsFh.png
It’s always felt to me like those genes that get shared to other ancients are like… borrowed. Like wearing someone else’s shirt. Looks good on you, you can wear it, still their shirt.
It’s always felt to me like those genes that get shared to other ancients are like… borrowed. Like wearing someone else’s shirt. Looks good on you, you can wear it, still their shirt.
If it were up to me, all breeds would have all genes, but I know that's not feasible considering linebreaking terts won't be ported to moderns.

But the way I see it, the more genes per breed are available, the more unique you can make a specific dragon, which is what I personally find to be the most important. More choice, more combinations, more everything. c:
If it were up to me, all breeds would have all genes, but I know that's not feasible considering linebreaking terts won't be ported to moderns.

But the way I see it, the more genes per breed are available, the more unique you can make a specific dragon, which is what I personally find to be the most important. More choice, more combinations, more everything. c:
1 2 3