Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New pose in progress! [Ancient 7]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
They look so good omg I want one so bad
They look so good omg I want one so bad
MUYNhfy.pngpZJYyk4.png
DoQJ9XF.pngcutkr0S.png
fHKOi67.pngmlHpBMC.png
both poses are good but they feel like. similar? to me. idk maybe bc theyre both kinda "sitting" to me they just look the same. excited for new dragon and genes but wish the poses were more dynamic for a gem breed
both poses are good but they feel like. similar? to me. idk maybe bc theyre both kinda "sitting" to me they just look the same. excited for new dragon and genes but wish the poses were more dynamic for a gem breed
1Wa1sIi.gif
felix || he/they
I haven't seen the newest stream, so maybe Undel already fixed the back leg, but on the poses on this thread, it looks like it's not taking any weight. I think the footpad needs to be lower and flexed out more, maybe?

Otherwise I'm in love with this new breed!
I haven't seen the newest stream, so maybe Undel already fixed the back leg, but on the poses on this thread, it looks like it's not taking any weight. I think the footpad needs to be lower and flexed out more, maybe?

Otherwise I'm in love with this new breed!
FObX7rS.png
q9EEy5M.png
o9yS1eq.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png

oR9L7e0.png(image-heavy)
[quote name="Punchline" date="2023-05-20 12:38:16" ] both poses are good but they feel like. similar? to me. idk maybe bc theyre both kinda "sitting" to me they just look the same. excited for new dragon and genes but wish the poses were more dynamic for a gem breed [/quote] I have to agree, I was hoping for a different pose of the dragon like all other breeds do. They're both sitting-ish and I'm a bit sad that there is not more exploring of this breed's uniqueness with new angles like they did with all of the rest.
Punchline wrote on 2023-05-20 12:38:16:
I have to agree, I was hoping for a different pose of the dragon like all other breeds do. They're both sitting-ish and I'm a bit sad that there is not more exploring of this breed's uniqueness with new angles like they did with all of the rest.
My current fave
dragons, click
images to visit!
SO9P8wT.gif
co1lUSe.pngOMOx3UY.png bFFLnDS.png Free achievement!nuXTCmz.png
I've been busy having a dragon battle this evening >< Lengthened the torso, mucked with the leg placement, and tried to figure out a more flowy thing for the back to tail fin turn-around. The tail still needs to be reinked, but I think this might be approaching a place where I can do the flats and shadows. [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/itsbeenanight.png[/img] [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/itsbeenanight2.png[/img][/center]
I've been busy having a dragon battle this evening ><

Lengthened the torso, mucked with the leg placement, and tried to figure out a more flowy thing for the back to tail fin turn-around. The tail still needs to be reinked, but I think this might be approaching a place where I can do the flats and shadows.
itsbeenanight.png
itsbeenanight2.png
Woah, looking cool
Woah, looking cool
they/them viU0KTO.png
Hmmm...I think I like the tail placement better in the second image.

It does feel like the tail is a bit cramped into the lower left quadrant, but I do like the fins are no longer positioned behind the front hands (or paws I guess? lol). In the first pass of the line art, that area felt visually busy to me with a lot of potential for tangents. With the tail fin down in its own corner away from the rest of the body it has room to breath, to be on display better, than being hidden behind the forearms.

Looking forward to seeing how this'll turn out!

It does feel like the tail is a bit cramped into the lower left quadrant, but I do like the fins are no longer positioned behind the front hands (or paws I guess? lol). In the first pass of the line art, that area felt visually busy to me with a lot of potential for tangents. With the tail fin down in its own corner away from the rest of the body it has room to breath, to be on display better, than being hidden behind the forearms.

YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
[quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2023-05-25 00:53:10" ] Hmmm...I think I like the tail placement better in the second image. It does feel like the tail is a bit cramped into the lower left quadrant, but I do like the fins are no longer positioned behind the front hands (or paws I guess? lol). In the first pass of the line art, that area felt visually busy to me with a lot of potential for tangents. With the tail fin down in its own corner away from the rest of the body it has room to breath, to be on display better, than being hidden behind the forearms. Looking forward to seeing how this'll turn out! [/quote] That was my issue with its original pose - very busy near the hands, especially in a place where line breaking genes are likely to end up. Going straight down looks a little silly. Maybe something in the middle. Long tail! [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/itsbeenanight3.png[/img]
arcaneidolriots wrote on 2023-05-25 00:53:10:

That was my issue with its original pose - very busy near the hands, especially in a place where line breaking genes are likely to end up.

Going straight down looks a little silly. Maybe something in the middle. Long tail!

itsbeenanight3.png
I like the second version a lot, it shows off the tail really nicely. The third version is nice too, but I find it a little visually confusing around the legs. There's a lot of lines going on here and what's tail and what's leg doesn't read too clearly to me. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/580222732059541504/1111209722226409602/image.png[/img]
I like the second version a lot, it shows off the tail really nicely. The third version is nice too, but I find it a little visually confusing around the legs. There's a lot of lines going on here and what's tail and what's leg doesn't read too clearly to me.
image.png
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Oooh, I do like that better! The tail has a nicer flow. I agree with Tserin that the tail by the feet look a bit awkward. Maybe pulling the tail a little more away from the body will help with the readability? Go for the longest tail hahah. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/do47rrc.png[/img][/center]
Oooh, I do like that better! The tail has a nicer flow.

I agree with Tserin that the tail by the feet look a bit awkward. Maybe pulling the tail a little more away from the body will help with the readability? Go for the longest tail hahah.

do47rrc.png
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11