Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How do you fall asleep?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
If im having trouble falling asleep from more mental reasons (like if im comfortable physically so that's not what's keeping me awake)
Usually it's cause my head feels too packed with info

And the way i process and unpack it all is to in reverse order go through what i did in a day until im like remembering stuff from a week ago.
Also i noticed it's been strengthening my memory which is nice cause i usually have horrible memory

But yeah something i learned from my partner and it works really well for some reason

And i dont try too hard if i get stuck with remembering i just list whatever i can (and ofc it doesnt have to be productive stuff, it can be stuff like i noticed a stain on my carpet it was a horrible color like cat barf)
If im having trouble falling asleep from more mental reasons (like if im comfortable physically so that's not what's keeping me awake)
Usually it's cause my head feels too packed with info

And the way i process and unpack it all is to in reverse order go through what i did in a day until im like remembering stuff from a week ago.
Also i noticed it's been strengthening my memory which is nice cause i usually have horrible memory

But yeah something i learned from my partner and it works really well for some reason

And i dont try too hard if i get stuck with remembering i just list whatever i can (and ofc it doesnt have to be productive stuff, it can be stuff like i noticed a stain on my carpet it was a horrible color like cat barf)
qaQ67.gif
I usually tell myself weird lil' stories starring my OCs until at some point I lose consciousness. If I am really too stressed to fall asleep, I put up the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack on a very weak but audible volume and try to focus on listening to it. I generally fall asleep around the time of "I Can Make You a Man"
I usually tell myself weird lil' stories starring my OCs until at some point I lose consciousness. If I am really too stressed to fall asleep, I put up the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack on a very weak but audible volume and try to focus on listening to it. I generally fall asleep around the time of "I Can Make You a Man"
(Hey! Maybe check out my comic?)
FRBanner.png
I usually take some melatonin since I'm overly hyperactive at night, then I turn into a ball in a fleece blanket (sucks for summer since it gets to like, 30 degrees, good for winter tho, -20 is not fun). It's easiest for me to fall asleep when my cat curls up on me, she's guaranteed to do this if I give her some treats and extra catnip, which makes her super clingy and mellow.
I usually take some melatonin since I'm overly hyperactive at night, then I turn into a ball in a fleece blanket (sucks for summer since it gets to like, 30 degrees, good for winter tho, -20 is not fun). It's easiest for me to fall asleep when my cat curls up on me, she's guaranteed to do this if I give her some treats and extra catnip, which makes her super clingy and mellow.
forum-signature-stuff-4.pngforum-signature-stuff-1.pngforum-signature-stuff-2.pngforum-signature-stuff-3.png
I would recommend getting a weighted blanket.
Some noises that help me sleep are:
- Rain on the window (+ thunder, optionally)
- washing machine...............
- box fan!

you can find all these on youtube if u search
I would recommend getting a weighted blanket.
Some noises that help me sleep are:
- Rain on the window (+ thunder, optionally)
- washing machine...............
- box fan!

you can find all these on youtube if u search
72587871p.png Wishlist!
PLEASE ping me, message me, and comment on my user page!
MY SLEEP RECIPE

INgredients:
-Bed
-Pillow
-warm milk
-Hammer

Directions:
1) Prepare hammer
2) Apply to head
MY SLEEP RECIPE

INgredients:
-Bed
-Pillow
-warm milk
-Hammer

Directions:
1) Prepare hammer
2) Apply to head
aarrghghgh jkshdjkahdkjad eiopwppeoe wqoqwe beep boop ebbbeeeeeeppp aa aaaa aa wwowooooooooooo bbbrha bhabab hbhaba (this is dial up sounds)
Simple answer: I don't.
cFHVk5Q.png
FvfV2kD.png
XXtnCBB.png
hzM3Sr2.png
ImslzgR.png
bkPzSyW.png
[quote name="Spaghettipasta" date="2023-05-24 17:03:49" ] Simple answer: I don't. [/quote]
Spaghettipasta wrote on 2023-05-24 17:03:49:
C6-A7-C47-A-0-AD2-4017-AB8-B-63-E385-AA680-A.png1-FAF2-CCD-14-FF-4-BA7-A01-B-9840-E7-B9-E4-F9.pngF038-A574-6-B2-F-42-F1-8-D94-F3-F28-BE397-B8.png
[quote name="Spaghettipasta" date="2023-05-24 17:03:49" ] Simple answer: I don't. [/quote] [b]# Bold of you to assume I sleep.[/b] Okay that's an entire mood though because honestly, I really struggle with sleeping too. Often I go to bed, and then I'm just awake for more than an hour afterwards. It doesn't help that, being autistic, I've got some really awful sensory stuff going on that kind of sometimes interferes with my ability to get comfortable in bed? Like aah having the covers touching me actually drives me nuts and makes me feel really restless and upset and agitated, but then not having the covers on makes me feel really cold. It's a conundrum... Also my brain sometimes just won't turn off, making it really hard for me to settle down and rest. I seem to be naturally nocturnal though for some reason, and gravitate more towards being awake at night than daytime. I think 1 AM - 3 AM is the time I feel the most awake, actually, and despite numerous attempts to """correct""" my sleeping schedule into the more socially-acceptable diurnal one, I always just accidentally wind up "ruining" it again because my body's just weirdly more inclined to be awake at night for whatever reason. My sleeping schedule is this constant back-and-forth because of this. But! Sometimes I try to trick myself into feeling tired by leaving the lights on, actually. I'm... really weird about light that it bothers me in ways that are hard to explain and it also contributes to me feeling tired, so sometimes I use that to my advantage to knock myself out haha. It's wild. Sleeping is wild. I don't understand people who manage to sleep like immediately. Like what magic are they using, please tell me...
Spaghettipasta wrote on 2023-05-24 17:03:49:

# Bold of you to assume I sleep.

Okay that's an entire mood though because honestly, I really struggle with sleeping too. Often I go to bed, and then I'm just awake for more than an hour afterwards. It doesn't help that, being autistic, I've got some really awful sensory stuff going on that kind of sometimes interferes with my ability to get comfortable in bed? Like aah having the covers touching me actually drives me nuts and makes me feel really restless and upset and agitated, but then not having the covers on makes me feel really cold. It's a conundrum... Also my brain sometimes just won't turn off, making it really hard for me to settle down and rest.

I seem to be naturally nocturnal though for some reason, and gravitate more towards being awake at night than daytime. I think 1 AM - 3 AM is the time I feel the most awake, actually, and despite numerous attempts to """correct""" my sleeping schedule into the more socially-acceptable diurnal one, I always just accidentally wind up "ruining" it again because my body's just weirdly more inclined to be awake at night for whatever reason. My sleeping schedule is this constant back-and-forth because of this.

But! Sometimes I try to trick myself into feeling tired by leaving the lights on, actually. I'm... really weird about light that it bothers me in ways that are hard to explain and it also contributes to me feeling tired, so sometimes I use that to my advantage to knock myself out haha. It's wild. Sleeping is wild. I don't understand people who manage to sleep like immediately. Like what magic are they using, please tell me...
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
I just take some melatonin, listen to some Undertale OST, then turn the OST off and fall asleep.
I just take some melatonin, listen to some Undertale OST, then turn the OST off and fall asleep.
Gbwcg3q.png
bYt72YT.png
cutkr0S.png
tqGkHih.png
FvfV2kD.png ll0CfnD.png
I actually just move to the other side of the bed...don't know why, but it helps a lot!
I actually just move to the other side of the bed...don't know why, but it helps a lot!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13