Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do i permababy a fodderloc dragon?
What the title say.

In a weeks time i shall be attempting my first ever fodderlocke. I thought instead of sniping a leader off the ah, i would hatch one from a noc egg for maximum chaos (and potential chaos colours). I think it would be funny to have a baby as the leader for a qhile..but what if the leader was ALWAYS a baby?

Do i spend the money and permababy them? Or do i save my gems and do something else with the leader?

Grinding fodder is boring for me sometimes so i want this fodderlocke to be as chaotic and funny as possible, and having a baby calling the shots in lore would be rather amusing. What do yall think?
What the title say.

In a weeks time i shall be attempting my first ever fodderlocke. I thought instead of sniping a leader off the ah, i would hatch one from a noc egg for maximum chaos (and potential chaos colours). I think it would be funny to have a baby as the leader for a qhile..but what if the leader was ALWAYS a baby?

Do i spend the money and permababy them? Or do i save my gems and do something else with the leader?

Grinding fodder is boring for me sometimes so i want this fodderlocke to be as chaotic and funny as possible, and having a baby calling the shots in lore would be rather amusing. What do yall think?
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
Wouldn't that be a problem if the leader couldn't fight in the Coli? If that's not the case and I'm misunderstanding the specifics of a fodderlocke, than by all means! It sounds fun.
Wouldn't that be a problem if the leader couldn't fight in the Coli? If that's not the case and I'm misunderstanding the specifics of a fodderlocke, than by all means! It sounds fun.
If your leader doesn't need to use the Coliseum or breed, then sure do whatever is most fun for you. XD
If your leader doesn't need to use the Coliseum or breed, then sure do whatever is most fun for you. XD
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I think it sounds fun. You should go for it!
I think it sounds fun. You should go for it!
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
It'd be really fun & if you want to try it I'd say go for it!

But... I do think you'd have to tweak the rules to allow this. Fodderlocke rules state that the leader needs to be the strongest dragon (highest level). Perma babies can't coli so you'd either need
1) a "proxy" leader that you can level in the perma bab's place
2) make perma bab an NPC leader and call the locke's highest level something else—I've done similar things with various locke types myself

An example being a fodderlocke where the leader was this exiled king NPC but the highest level was called a commander (so beneath the npc leader but still a status above the lower leveled dragons)

3) change the rules so they don't need levels (maybe make them need something else, though I'm not sure what since perma babs can't do much)

4) wait until after the locke to actually perma baby them! They could still be a baby in the locke via lore but could still go into the coli
It'd be really fun & if you want to try it I'd say go for it!

But... I do think you'd have to tweak the rules to allow this. Fodderlocke rules state that the leader needs to be the strongest dragon (highest level). Perma babies can't coli so you'd either need
1) a "proxy" leader that you can level in the perma bab's place
2) make perma bab an NPC leader and call the locke's highest level something else—I've done similar things with various locke types myself

An example being a fodderlocke where the leader was this exiled king NPC but the highest level was called a commander (so beneath the npc leader but still a status above the lower leveled dragons)

3) change the rules so they don't need levels (maybe make them need something else, though I'm not sure what since perma babs can't do much)

4) wait until after the locke to actually perma baby them! They could still be a baby in the locke via lore but could still go into the coli
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
Might also want to tweak the rules so the leader can't be deposed or die. And if your goal in the fodder grinding is to make money, that could be kinda an issue. Starting out 350 kt/g in the hole is...owwie to me brain.

On a random aside, I think it would be funny to have a "hatchling of many colors". That is, a hatchling that every time it grows up, you just buy a new hatchling, name it the same thing, and pretend it's the exact same dragon and it just...changes all the time. XD What a PAIN and yet, how silly.

I think it's a fun idea, so long as you aren't surprised by the cost and make sure you won't lose the knee high leader
Might also want to tweak the rules so the leader can't be deposed or die. And if your goal in the fodder grinding is to make money, that could be kinda an issue. Starting out 350 kt/g in the hole is...owwie to me brain.

On a random aside, I think it would be funny to have a "hatchling of many colors". That is, a hatchling that every time it grows up, you just buy a new hatchling, name it the same thing, and pretend it's the exact same dragon and it just...changes all the time. XD What a PAIN and yet, how silly.

I think it's a fun idea, so long as you aren't surprised by the cost and make sure you won't lose the knee high leader
FD1rkPC.png dac5c205911117729a82f72c1cdf25cc70a0d072.png
[quote name="Felawnie" date="2023-05-20 23:49:09" ]On a random aside, I think it would be funny to have a "hatchling of many colors". That is, a hatchling that every time it grows up, you just buy a new hatchling, name it the same thing, and pretend it's the exact same dragon and it just...changes all the time. XD What a PAIN and yet, how silly. [/quote] "who let this kid into the hair dye?"
Felawnie wrote on 2023-05-20 23:49:09:

"who let this kid into the hair dye?"

gmt +8
fr time +15
she/they/he
pings very welcome
b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png
exalt save sales (g1s, oldies and others)
[quote name="Felawnie" date="2023-05-20 23:49:09" ] Might also want to tweak the rules so the leader can't be deposed or die. And if your goal in the fodder grinding is to make money, that could be kinda an issue. Starting out 350 kt/g in the hole is...owwie to me brain. On a random aside, I think it would be funny to have a "hatchling of many colors". That is, a hatchling that every time it grows up, you just buy a new hatchling, name it the same thing, and pretend it's the exact same dragon and it just...changes all the time. XD What a PAIN and yet, how silly. I think it's a fun idea, so long as you aren't surprised by the cost and make sure you won't lose the knee high leader [/quote] I like this idea Yiving me lovecraftian vibes Ooo Permababy eldritch being who runs a crime gang as their group of followers! Each new fodder is a new follower/recruit! Maybe, if i lean into the shifting route the baby fodder is merely a vessle for the monster, and when they grow up they go inseso thats why he cant use them anymore! I could even combine it with the other suggestion of an acting leader-a dragon reprsenting the true god form can go into coli, while the baby stays behind and acts as a lore leader! Thank you for tue suggestions people!
Felawnie wrote on 2023-05-20 23:49:09:

I like this idea

Yiving me lovecraftian vibes

Ooo

Permababy eldritch being who runs a crime gang as their group of followers! Each new fodder is a new follower/recruit!

Maybe, if i lean into the shifting route the baby fodder is merely a vessle for the monster, and when they grow up they go inseso thats why he cant use them anymore! I could even combine it with the other suggestion of an acting leader-a dragon reprsenting the true god form can go into coli, while the baby stays behind and acts as a lore leader!

Thank you for tue suggestions people!
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile